• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish we'd get some more sly and Jak games. Hate that they are just sortve dead franchises now.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Honestly... probably none if we're talking independent Japanese studios. Closest would probably be Level-5 or Cyberconnect2.

But then again it's hard to tell how much of it is funding rather than studio capability.
Both of those studios seem rather large for an acquisition, then again Insomniac was big when Sony acquired them as well. Also, apparently level 5 is having issues right now, so they may be open for acquisition for more stability.

Feb 26, 2018
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform warring, trolling, history of similar infractions
It's really sad to see Sony being this slow about growth. This is not how market leader should act.
MS will have more studios and a more powerful console come next gen and Sony is just chillin there doing nothing

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
It's really sad to see Sony being this slow about growth. This is not how market leader should act.
MS will have more studios and a more powerful console come next gen and Sony is just chillin there doing nothing
Actually, we don't know either of those for sure, we don't know enough about either next-gen console to make that comparison.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
My dream 5 teams that I wish that Sony would get, in order of priority (to me, obviously):

1. Kojima Productions
2. Remedy
3. FPS Studio - The MS thread mentioning of polish studios, really made me think of Techland for this role. That would be great. Crytek and Turtlerock are my other choices
4. JRPG Team - Level 5? Maybe? if not, then Cyberconnect2. Atlus would have been the perfect choice
5. Bluepoint

MizziPizzi

Feb 14, 2019
Sweden
My dream 5 teams that I wish that Sony would get, in order of priority (to me, obviously):

1. Kojima Productions
2. Remedy
3. FPS Studio - The MS thread mentioning of polish studios, really made me think of Techland for this role. That would be great. Crytek and Turtlerock are my other choices
4. JRPG Team - Level 5? Maybe? if not, then Cyberconnect2. Atlus would have been the perfect choice
5. Bluepoint
I have a hard time seeing Kojima going under Sony anytime soon and I suspect Sony is satisfied with making exclusive deals instead of a full studio purchase..the only realistic ones I see are Bluepoint or Remedy, with the latter being the perfect match for Sony as mentioned in earlier posts.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
It's Sony we are talking about here *shrugs*. Lets be honest, even if MS continues to pick up studios left and right, and Google and Amazon go on shopping sprees, IF we get lucky and Demon's Souls is a hit...
We might get Bluepoint at the end of the PS5 generation

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I have a hard time seeing Kojima going under Sony anytime soon and I suspect Sony is satisfied with making exclusive deals instead of a full studio purchase..the only realistic ones I see are Bluepoint or Remedy, with the latter being the perfect match for Sony as mentioned in earlier posts.

Yeah, I agree with you. This list is mostly wishful thinking anyway. I do agree that Remedy is a perfect match for Sony.

Jun 23, 2019
Well never say never. Sony did acquire Insomniac Games after years of hearing Ted Price say they wanted to be independent. Anything can happen at this point. It just really feels like Sony is playing this extremely close to the chest this generation.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Well, Insomniac would have to agree regardless. No one can just go up to someone and say they're buying them so I doubt Insomniac would just agree straight-front to Microsoft. The other party has to agree. But Insomniac was a smart get and just made so much sense. They were practically already a part of Sony since Spyro, it took them over 20 years years but they finally got there.

Can't think of a better fit than Insomniac. They just feel like they're now permanently back home. Sly, Ratchet, and Jak were always meant to be together and now they are. We're missing Crash but until Activision decides to one day sell the license, Crash is stuck with Activision.
True but MS getting Insomniac would legitimately hurt Sony and rock the gaming landscape. I'd imagine they'd have paid whatever Ted Price wanted.

Although Ted did dabble with MS and also making multiplatform games and it didn't really work out. Their big hits were on PlayStation.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the secret ending for Days Gone, actually caught me off guard.

So everyone is infected anyway? All NERO soldiers are basically infected super soldiers? Then those NERO injectors Deacon has been using are literally turning him into one.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Just saw the secret ending for Days Gone, actually caught me off guard.

So everyone is infected anyway? All NERO soldiers are basically infected super soldiers? Then those NERO injectors Deacon has been using are literally turning him into one.
I did not think about that ...
Well shit

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Remedy has been head over heels to Sony past year. They are following everyone from Sony on social who are following them back, consistently messaging them and congratulating them, and they are constantly visiting Sony's studios. Something is definitely going on. Whether it's an acquisition or an exclusive PS5 game, which leads to an acquisition. But something is definitely going on. Lol

So Remedy is more likely than they ever have been for an acquisition. Bluepoint is the same. They've been all over Sony this past year. And of course, Kojima.

Kojima, Bluepoint, and Remedy currently all have legitimate chances to be acquired. No one's less likely than the next because they all have history and pure love relationship with SIE.

Last edited:

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Remedy has been head over heels to Sony past year. They are following everyone from Sony on social who are following them back, consistently messaging them and congratulating them, and they are constantly visiting Sony's studios. Something is definitely going on. Whether it's an acquisition or an exclusive PS5 game, which leads to an acquisition. But something is definitely going on. Lol

So Remedy is more likely than they ever have been for an acquisition. Bluepoint is the same. They've been all over Sony this past year. And of course, Koima.

Kojima, Bluepoint, and Remedy currently all have legitimate chances to be acquired. No one's less likely than the next because they all have history and pure love relationship with SIE.

Sony are on great terms with plenty of studios, who knows what they're up to? It could be as simple as these studios making an exclusive for them. In case of Bluepoint, we already knows this.

Besides, who do you think would add to their portfolio i.e. bring something different to the table? KojiPro would've been the obvious choice but DS has hardly lit any charts on fire. I reckon Sony will continue to engage in partnership with these studios on game to game basis in near future.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think Bluepoint and Remedy are likely candidates, especially after Control got recognition (which it 100% deserves).

Kojima is...not sure, I don't know how expensive DS was compared to what it made. His love for top tier actors cannot be cheap.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
It's Sony we are talking about here *shrugs*. Lets be honest, even if MS continues to pick up studios left and right, and Google and Amazon go on shopping sprees, IF we get lucky and Demon's Souls is a hit...
We might get Bluepoint at the end of the PS5 generation

Continues pick up studios left and right ?
They bought with Double Fine Productions one studio in the last 1,5 years and that's not a very big one...

And why Bluepoint at the end of PS5 after Sony already said they are interested in buying new studios ?
I believe the BP acquisition announcement will come sometime next year, they were the first studio who got mentioned from Sony together with the PS5 and that shows already both are very close.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
Don't get frustrated my boy they are playing card, they already say it, just they don't want to be like Microsoft that talk to much on social media, they are quiet and preparing to trow bombs next gen get prepared to be surprised.

Oct 25, 2017
They very well could be. But until we actually see some concrete proof of Sony getting active in getting teams on board.... I don't really have any reason to believe that Sony is making it a priority to grow SIE's studio count.

Considering they already acquired a huge independent developer in Insomniac and have preliminary scouting on buying Remedy I would already consider them active.

Don't get frustrated my boy they are playing card, they already say it, just they don't want to be like Microsoft that talk to much on social media, they are quiet and preparing to trow bombs next gen get prepared to be surprised.

That was a troll post to be ignored. They just said what they can't get away with saying in the next-gen thread anymore.

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
People forget that Sony is expanding their own studios so don't be surprised to see more than one game in some of their studios.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I hope the more optimistic people here are in fact right. Hopes and wishes for how SIE expands are purely theoretical for now, so fingers crossed for the best.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FYI acquisitions happen all the time in this industry, below are just some of them this year. So people don't need to be reactionary because it's not rare.
  • THQ Nordic Buys Warhorse
  • Epic Buys Psyonix
  • Sega buys Two Point
  • Microsoft Buys Double Fine
  • Ubisoft Buys Green Panda Games
  • Bethesda Buys Alpha Dog
  • Facebook Buys Beat Games
  • Codemasters Buys Slightly Mad

Sony's last acquisition is EMI and it makes them the biggest music publisher in the world. People should think bigger in terms of the acquisition, think developers or even publishers that can really propel Playstation to future domination.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just bought control and going to play it on my jet engine edition 2014 base ps4. Did remedy make any decent improvments for the base ps4?

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
FYI acquisitions happen all the time in this industry, below are just some of them this year. So people don't need to be reactionary because it's not rare.
  • THQ Nordic Buys Warhorse
  • Epic Buys Psyonix
  • Sega buys Two Point
  • Microsoft Buys Double Fine
  • Ubisoft Buys Green Panda Games
  • Bethesda Buys Alpha Dog
  • Facebook Buys Beat Games
  • Codemasters Buys Slightly Mad

Sony's last acquisition is EMI and it makes them the biggest music publisher in the world. People should think bigger in terms of the acquisition, think developers or even publishers that can really propel Playstation to future domination.
EMI is probably their best acquisition ever tbh.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.