• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
EMAR1XYUUAEuavY

This is what I need.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I kid, I kid. I just think it's a genre filled with cliches and stupid traditions. The chance of going wrong is big and they're far away from the prestige they had back in the day.

A JRPG by Sony where they actually apply their storytelling formula (for lack of a better word) to the genre and clean house with all those stupid cliches and traditions would be an insta buy from me.

You misspelled Uncharted 5 starring Sir Francis Drake

Well, this is certainly something I didn't know I wanted until now.

I am not well informed about the historical facts in Tsushima but maybe there was not enough for a successor.

Wasn't that only a very short war ?

It was, and in reality it was ended by a tropical storm dubbed Kamikaze. But there was a second mongol invasion a few years later. So, for me: first game first invasion, second game second invasion, third game Jin becoming a Ronin after getting accused of the Shogun for abandoning the old ways. Book it.

Oct 25, 2017
Monkey gear solid
shallowidolizedherald
Best third person shooter Sony ever had
lawfulnearfoal
Dark souls before it was even a demon souls
BasicThirstyHerring-max-1mb.gif

Sonys best arcade racer
aromaticglassgroundbeetle

bring back ape escape(for those that don't know yes this was all from one game,these games use to be nuts lol

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Magoo congratulations with the 20% discount code! You came out on top among 46 entrants. What game/games do you have your eyes set on to buy with it?

Last edited:

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
This seems absurd. Sony has been more or less silent for a year and change now, barring a few minor state of plays. There's no way in hell they announce their next gen console after all that time with no first party AAA exclusive.
The entire reason PS got big is because it catered to 3rd party. It made it more appealing to the industry to work with them instead of Nintendo. "Our platform is more open, tech is better, don't compete with Mario come over here etc..."

Sony can absolutely rest on 3rd party for the launch lineup and just plug in some holes.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
My quite realistic exclusive launch lineup for PS5:

Demon's Souls Remake (Bluepoint Games) - they teased a lot this new project, must show confidence. Also developing remake takes less time than a new IP or a sequel. Also it is possible that Bluepoint may have a support from either Japan Studio (SotC case) or From Software (since it's their project to begin with).

Ratchet & Clank 2020 (Insomniac Games) - we all know that this studio is one of the most efficient in the industry (actually 2 studios). In the span of 5 years (2014-2018) they released 3 AAA games (Sunset Overdrive, R&C 2016, Spider-Man) plus a bunch of VR and mobile experiences. Santa Monica Studio for comparison took 5 years to reboot God of War. My bet that by the time PS5 launches Insomniac will have their AAA title ready.

WILD (Wild Sheep Studio) - announced during Gamescom 2014 and shown during PGW 2015 we since haven't gotten much news from this title. XDEV studio still have a page on their site regarding WILD, it's safe to assume that they're helping in development. Given that the game has been in development for nearly 6 years it is possible that it transitioned to next-gen and could be finally ready for launch Holiday 2020.

New/Revival IP from Sony Japan - this one is also efficient due to having multiple teams within the studio. It's quite clear that they're brewing something for the launch of PS5.

Let's add some imagination to these "safe bets":

Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital) - GT Sport released Fall 2017. 3 years of productive development could be enough to develop the next installment given that the studio expanded via opening a new office. Also GT5 - GT6 took 3 years of development.

Housemarque/Arrowhead new IP - either of those could become a launch title for PS5.

Other 3rd-party/2nd-party full/console exclusive deal like Godfall (PS5/EGS).

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Cool, it's all good was just curious. Enjoy the 2 games. Untitled Goose Game looks hilarious, but there's been some mistake that it's not out in Scandinavia and other non-English EU regions yet :'(
I used my 30% today on 3 items.

My girlfriend is not long out of hospital after a gallbladder op so I'm hoping Untitled Goose Game will help cheer her up a little with having to stay in bed for a while. Hopefully she puts a good shift in and manages to plat it on my account without noticing!

Thanks again. It was a help.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's a new studio branch of PDSG, the Product Development Service Group, which is a support team for WWS.

In the short-to-medium term, don't expect this studio to be anything more than a support team for the wider WWS creative/development studios.
This could mean shorter development time for WWS games right? Or at least that's the point.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
This could mean shorter development time for WWS games right? Or at least that's the point.
This is a reach. The scope of the next gen games could become even bigger thus increasing the overall total development time even further despite more manpower and better tools.

Remember that PS4 allowed developers to create games much quicker compared to the PS3 but the increase in scope was so big we got less games at the end.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia

Even if that's the point, game dev never really works out that way. Established studios like Retro, SSM, BioWare, Visceral, Naughty Dog, CDPR, etc has in this generation experienced:

- project cancellations
- project reboots
- extremely lengthy pre-production phase
- troubled development in many areas
- any of the above in varying degrees

That has led to frequent failed predictions of "game studio reveals their next game" which never happens even though they haven't shipped anything in quite a number of years.

The most immediate benefit is lower cost, I guess. Malaysia's average wage and cost of living is much lower than the main PDSG branch in LA.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
My quite realistic exclusive launch lineup for PS5:

Demon's Souls Remake (Bluepoint Games) - they teased a lot this new project, must show confidence. Also developing remake takes less time than a new IP or a sequel. Also it is possible that Bluepoint may have a support from either Japan Studio (SotC case) or From Software (since it's their project to begin with).

Ratchet & Clank 2020 (Insomniac Games) - we all know that this studio is one of the most efficient in the industry (actually 2 studios). In the span of 5 years (2014-2018) they released 3 AAA games (Sunset Overdrive, R&C 2016, Spider-Man) plus a bunch of VR and mobile experiences. Santa Monica Studio for comparison took 5 years to reboot God of War. My bet that by the time PS5 launches Insomniac will have their AAA title ready.

WILD (Wild Sheep Studio) - announced during Gamescom 2014 and shown during PGW 2015 we since haven't gotten much news from this title. XDEV studio still have a page on their site regarding WILD, it's safe to assume that they're helping in development. Given that the game has been in development for nearly 6 years it is possible that it transitioned to next-gen and could be finally ready for launch Holiday 2020.

New/Revival IP from Sony Japan - this one is also efficient due to having multiple teams within the studio. It's quite clear that they're brewing something for the launch of PS5.

Let's add some imagination to these "safe bets":

Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital) - GT Sport released Fall 2017. 3 years of productive development could be enough to develop the next installment given that the studio expanded via opening a new office. Also GT5 - GT6 took 3 years of development.

Housemarque/Arrowhead new IP - either of those could become a launch title for PS5.

Other 3rd-party/2nd-party full/console exclusive deal like Godfall (PS5/EGS).
tenor.gif

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I mean sure, I'm not expecting first party work to be cut in half suddenly but having more people supporting your games could only lead to good things.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
I apologize. I've never been good with arguments or making up points. My brain doesn't function that way unfortunately. I have trouble coming up with words that describe how I feel, and I have issue writing out what my brain is thinking.

If I could I would write out in full detail why I find this games to be derivative and lackluster, but that's why I don't write reviews, or even post here often because I myself am a lackluster individual with a brain that doesn't know how to socialize or write properly.

I apologize for being that kind of person , and for ever creating the thread in the first place.

If you guys don't want to talk anything I said seriously and just want to rag on me and my opinions and just fuck up the entire discussion then go ahead. I've already read my fair share of people who didn't even read the thread or title, it was regarding AAA titles. I love astro bot, I like Gravity Rush. I wasn't saying they were perfect, I was saying that they took hard risks, and didn't stick to the same formula the rest of Sony's AAA titles tend to do.

Am I wrong? I don't know?
Do I have a right to an opinon? Yes.
Does everyone here deserve to have an opinon? Of course.
I was hoping for this to go a different way then it did, but clearly it didnt.

So I'll just go back into my shell, and keep my posting to a minimum. Sorry to upset so many people.
its not that serious my dude.

this is a discussion forum, and you came in with some super hot takes. which actually makes for some fun debates. its all good, some opinions are less popular than others, don't let that stop you from voicing them. if people want to get upset, that's on them. dont stop making threads. who cares.

Im probably going to make a not so popular thread on zelda soon tbh, and im expecting a shit storm, but idgaf. my opinions shall be voiced 👀

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Ape Escape, Demon's Souls Remake and a new heavy hitting (not some remake *wishful thinking) R&C for PS5 Launch would be great

Oct 25, 2017
its not that serious my dude.

this is a discussion forum, and you came in with some super hot takes. which actually makes for some fun debates. its all good, some opinions are less popular than others, don't let that stop you from voicing them. if people want to get upset, that's on them. dont stop making threads. who cares.

Im probably going to make a not so popular thread on zelda soon tbh, and im expecting a shit storm, but idgaf. my opinions shall be voiced 👀
As long as you don't touch majora mask,wind waker and Oot we cool

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I fully expect the launch line-up to be '1 mediocre game, 1 pretty poor game and the rest of them games that also release on PS4, but run at a higher framerate'

I've seen my fair share of 'next-gen console' launches...

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
Demon's Soul is a safe bet and oh boy its going to look Glorious I can feel it.

Could you imagine DS exciding this level of fidelity ? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.