• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I would be okay with something more lowkey like referring to Bluepoint as a first party studio when announcing a Demon's Souls, instead of having everyone hold their breath to brace for impact of a barrage of adquisitions.
That's interesting approach but it would be strange to refer to a studio as a first-party without a formal announcement.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I really enjoy gyro aiming in Days Gone and imo it should get more attention from the devs, Tlou2 will hopefully also have a gyro option.

Only with sticks I am often annoyed because I miss the enemy heads so damn close but with gyro aim you can adjust with a little controller move the last bit of precision.
Unfortunately, I had a feeling Part II won't have gyro aiming...

That or it could be added with future update.

But if it's isn't on day one, I don't know why ND not implementing it...

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Do you guys think that Sony will eventually develop another game in collaboration with FromSoftware?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Do you guys think that Sony will eventually develop another game in collaboration with FromSoftware?

Yes. I think Sony is looking to tap any and all third party partners to develop exclusive, or at least console exclusive content for this and next gen. Just off the top of my head so far I think we're aware of Bluepoint, Housemarque, RAD, Cygames, Illfonic, Camouflaj, WIldsheep Studio and Supermassive who are making PS4/PS5 exclusives (complete or console) that have yet to come out. I'd imagine there are many, MANY more that we're not aware of and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be looking to work with From again given how receptive the community is towards their games.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I prefer to think that they understand the existence of very core fans of PlayStation-Souls games and that they have to please them. Developing a remake of Demon's Souls as a launch title is great but not enough. Bloodborne 2 should exist.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm officially dropping DQ11. Just not feeling it, and this mannequin of a protag plus the shit music is doing it no favors. I'll pick it back up in a month or two and see if it gels with me then. Gonna start on either Ni no Kuni 2 or Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. I have Persona 5, but I'm just gonna uninstall it. I'll pick up Royal when it's cheap.

I hate the fucking protag. You hit the nail on the head. Mannequin. Feels like I'm controlling this thing without a mind of its own.

I felt the same with BOTW. This braindead mannequin that will emote once in a while. Takes me right out of the experience.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

My own personal opinion is that yes, at least one.

I also think that Sony is also going to weigh their options and kick around the possibility of Demon's Souls 2/Bloodborne 2 without From. Not as an immediate thing, but just as a possibility of something that could be done if the right team were to be available.

Sony has nothing like those two games in their library, and I think they are completely doable without From but they would need a hell of a studio with a careful, master hand guiding them. As someone who loves the entire Souls franchise, I don't think what From is doing is some mystic magic that another team cannot crack.

Obviously, in any scenario I'd offer both those games to From first. Having a plan B never hurts though.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
What do y'all think is going to happen with Konami and their valuable IPs next gen? Do you think they'll make games themselves, or do you think there's a chance they'll license their IP out to external studios to make games?

Also, I wonder when we'll hear about the next Marvel IP being licensed out. I'm sure something is underway somewhere out there that hasn't been leaked, but I wonder what it is and who's developing it.

Oct 25, 2017
With Quest demand out there, truly hope PSVR gets that wireless v2

Technically, how would wireless PSVR work?

Quest works because you literally attach a small unit to you that powers the device and graphics.

With PSVR2, what do they do? Create that same thing?

Now you have 2 classes of PSVR2 already? Ones that can run any VR game off of a PS5, and ones that are wireless and have to only have a select games that are made for it?

I dunno. Out the gate devs are going to create for the lowest common denominator, and rather than create a game for the PS5, now you create a game that can run on this wireless device.

I'm gonna say wireless won't happen for PSVR2. However, the way quest tracks you is 100% a possibility. Rather than having some external camera looking at you, cameras are attached to the headset.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually excited for the Meeting to see if they announce new acquisitions but they're such trolls that they would probably drop a random tweet in the middle of the week.
most likely they will do it again by a tweet or maybe some article or scoop with some Business news outlet

I don't expect them to announce it via some SoP or Conference ever

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Quest works because you literally attach a small unit to you that powers the device and graphics.

Now you have 2 classes of PSVR2 already? Ones that can run any VR game off of a PS5, and ones that are wireless and have to only have a select games that are made for it?

I dunno. Out the gate devs are going to create for the lowest common denominator, and rather than create a game for the PS5, now you create a game that can run on this wireless device.

I'm gonna say wireless won't happen for PSVR2. However, the way quest tracks you is 100% a possibility. Rather than having some external camera looking at you, cameras are attached to the headset.

I'd say wireless will depend on the hit to the visual fidelity and additional latency the user would experience. Maybe they could offer the PSVR as wireless with the option to wire using a single cable it for better quality and not having to worry about the battery dying.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I expected to see something more from TLOU2 in 2019. They had said they were going to show more at the end of the year, probably changed their plans when the date was delayed.

Oct 24, 2019
What do y'all think is going to happen with Konami and their valuable IPs next gen? Do you think they'll make games themselves, or do you think there's a chance they'll license their IP out to external studios to make games?

Also, I wonder when we'll hear about the next Marvel IP being licensed out. I'm sure something is underway somewhere out there that hasn't been leaked, but I wonder what it is and who's developing it.

I heard rumors (maybe it was a full on leak?) that Eidos Montreal will be doing Guardians of the Galaxy once they finish helping Crystal Dynamics with Avengers.

So that'll probably be the next major Marvel game, assuming that that's true.

Oct 25, 2017
My own personal opinion is that yes, at least one.

I also think that Sony is also going to weigh their options and kick around the possibility of Demon's Souls 2/Bloodborne 2 without From. Not as an immediate thing, but just as a possibility of something that could be done if the right team were to be available.

Sony has nothing like those two games in their library, and I think they are completely doable without From but they would need a hell of a studio with a careful, master hand guiding them. As someone who loves the entire Souls franchise, I don't think what From is doing is some mystic magic that another team cannot crack.

Obviously, in any scenario I'd offer both those games to From first. Having a plan B never hurts though.

They could always poach some of From's top talent if necessary.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

I think Sony very much wants to. If Sony couldn't secure another deal for a major Fromsoftware game, it'd be a major blow on Sony. Fromsoft are the big boys now!

C3qCSvMVMAIxFyw.jpg

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Actually would be focking great if not only Bloodborne 2 eventually came into existence but also had Junji Ito as an art collaborator )))

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I mean, I doubt he is there for a check up on the next SPORT update XD. I would love to see myself and 60% of this thread's users eat crow, and for PD to come through at the clutch with a game on PS5's launch window.
I don't know why some of you are expecting a launch game, that's just not realistic going by how PD develop their games, unless you want them to just copy paste Sport and add a little more to it.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Damn, for shits and giggles I wanted to check Kadokawa's worth, and fell down a hole. Did I get the wrong impression, or is Capcom one of the smaller, worth wise, of the mayor publishers? Not trying to imply anything, just trying to digest interesting information.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Hermen is doing his job locking some Japanese talent. Next stop From Software)

Isn't that possible to make a deal to acquire From from Kadokawa instead of acquiring full Kadokawa?
With enough money, anything is possible, but Kadokawa would sell FromSoft for, likely, such an insanely high figure, that I doubt Sony would see it as a worthwhile investment. Sure for us fans, FromSoft is a priceless investment, and we would pay whatever figure Kadokawa proposed, if they were even open to selling. But Sony has bills to pay, not all of them related to Playstation.

At that point, if you are willing to throw THAT amount of money around (we are talking about Sony here, they wouldnt), just spring for Capcom.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Remember when Insomniac wanted to stay independent? Or Ninja Theory? Money always talks and if there was an opportunity to get one of the big Japanese studios I'd like to think Sony is gonna be the first to be there.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed Asad Qizilbash twitter account bio was changed completely. He's longer vice president of marketing and is instead head of products at PS worldwide studios whatever that means? he also took out the part about being head of PS production, but his linkden says he still is.

KirikaPirin

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
With enough money, anything is possible, but Kadokawa would sell FromSoft for, likely, such an insanely high figure, that I doubt Sony would see it as a worthwhile investment. Sure for us fans, FromSoft is a priceless investment, and we would pay whatever figure Kadokawa proposed, if they were even open to selling. But Sony has bills to pay, not all of them related to Playstation.

At that point, if you are willing to throw THAT amount of money around (we are talking about Sony here, they wouldnt), just spring for Capcom.
Capcom worth more than Kadokawa. You must misunderstood because the capitalization was in Japanese yen currency.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Remember when Insomniac wanted to stay independent? Or Ninja Theory? Money always talks and if there was an opportunity to get one of the big Japanese studios I'd like to think Sony is gonna be the first to be there.
I mean, they have homefield advantage XD. I don't doubt that Sony would make opposing bids for something like Capcom, if an American giant went after them.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018

I guess I'm not sure of the question. I would want them to follow the same path that allows Wireless VR on any other platform.

There wouldn't be two PSVR2, it would be one SKU that you can play both wired and wireless, the same way other wireless VR units work. Unless I'm misunderstanding the explanations I've seen.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Just noticed Asad Qizilbash twitter account bio was changed completely. He's longer vice president of marketing and is instead head of products at PS worldwide studios whatever that means? he also took out the part about being head of PS production, but his linkden says he still is.

It seems to be a promotion, in fact. Everything related to marketing, release dates, price and so on have to go through him. (Might be completely wrong tho)

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Guys, just a reminder that one of the reasons to acquire a company very urgently is that your competitor is also poaching. I think a lot of people are missing the fact that MS was working with Remedy for a long time and decided to let them go. There's absolutely no urgency for Sony to acquire Remedy assuming they even wanted to in the first place, their games are already on Sony's platform.

As for Bluepoint, I don't know why Sony would want to acquire a studio that's just making remakes and remasters. I don't know but it just seems that Bluepoint's role is like those visual effect studios doing post-production for blockbuster movies. None of the movie studios own those visual effect teams, they can just commission them to do work.
Fumito Ueda studio Gen Design is a small studio focus on making game concept, they don't have the manpower to make the game themselves. Pair them up with bluepoint studik would be a good idea.

Oct 1, 2019
Sony would demolish their entire war chest for next gen if they buy Capcom or From. Not going to happen.
If they are really going to acquire studios, I think it would be from the small to medium-sized ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.