• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I think speaking of horses, it really varies depending on the game and I do think games benefit from more traversal options as well. I'm quite critical of Horizon in that regard in particular as it's a favourite game of mine but traversal was one of the worst parts. I mean just speaking of just the Broadhead which is a horse equivalent, it's really just boring to ride. For a game that's so cinematic, it doesn't really make use of any interesting camera techniques which makes the experience interesting. One of the comparisons to games I would make would be Shadow of Colossus. The lowering of the camera behind Agro and sometimes on top, the slight shaking and when turning, it feels aggressive and makes for such a incredible experience. I mean, even something like Breath of the wild where it doesn't have such camera techniques but it amplifies speed via visual wind effects and mist that happen. At both instances it gives a feeling I would describe kind of like flight. It's really making something that may be mundane look interesting via camera and visual effects. Speaking of Anime comparisons, it's one of the reasons why I'm so enamored by Ghibli films as they tend to do this a lot for even more mundane stuff. I don't think horses itself are an issue in games.
well said....

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Bluepoint's is a PS5 exclusive, so while it's technically third party developed it certainly seems like something that'd be reserved for the PS Meeting.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So they're going to specifically state that it's going to be a PS5 launch game?
can they even show the official PS5 logo even that acronym one before the PS Meeting?

I am guessing at most it will be like this
uWEKD3I.png

generic text is our friends

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah Days Gone 7th with only 9 days tracked, it was an awesome launch

Mat refused to say if DS is above or below Days Gone month launch, I don't understand why especially when he revealed the place of Days Gone.
Maybe because it is below Days Gone

Wonder if Sony will break even with Death Stranding

Yeah I assumed it just made the top 10 because Mat said Days Gone was 7th at the time. I see that might be wrong though.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
But wouldn't that also be a Scarlett game? The fact that Zhuge only mentions PS5 heavily implies it's at least a PS5 console exclusive to me.
A game from a third party could be announced for PS5 since they actually got the name of the device for marketing use but then later on be announced for the next Xbox after MS finally gives it an official name that isn't Scarllette or Lockheart

or it could be from a developer that just chose not to release it on the Xbox platform without Sony hassling them to make it exclusive (like a Japanese game)

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Demon's Souls is 100% going to be the opening for the PS5 meeting. It might just be a third party non exclusive that happens to release alongside PS5. Batman could easily be that game.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Arkham Knight and Spiderman pulled insane numbers on Playstation 4. WB would be smart to launch Batman Legacy alongside PS5.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If the PS5 game is next-gen only (doubtful because it's a third party and they're probably not gonna abandon current-gen next year) our eyes will melt.
Man if it is Bloodborne 2 i will lose my shit.
Per Shinobi, it's third party and Bloodborne is considered 1st party because it's published by Sony. Whatever it is, Sony shouldn't be involved directly with the project.

Jan 20, 2019
If the PS5 game is next-gen only (doubtful because it's a third party and they're probably not gonna abandon current-gen next year) our eyes will melt.

Per Shinobi, it's third party and Bloodborne is considered 1st party because it's published by Sony. Whatever it is, Sony shouldn't be involved directly with the project.
Still low. Arguably lower if these beasts are really 12TF or more.

It is a 3 party game x)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
could see it being Batman

Batman Arkham Knight didn't launch on last gen

Sony could have a marketting deal and they will announce/confirm it coming to the next Xbox after MS finally gives us an official name for it

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just please show some in-game footage, I'm ready for my eyes to melt and hopefully it will look so good people will seriously argue whether it's in-game or CGI.

Status
Not open for further replies.