• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they're all hands on deck, but he's a writer, I don't think he had to contribute much. Neil Druckmann and Halley Gross are the only writers I've seen interviewed. Did he appear in the "Inside the Demo" video? I skipped that because I'm not looking at any more gameplay before launch.
Well what do you think he's doing all those years? Writing a script in one year and then 3 years nothing, sitting around on his desk? :P
Josh Scherr isn't someone who's in the spotlight / in all marketing videos all the time. But he's pretty active on twitter.
Newman and Margenau co directed Uncharted Lost Legacy, they are in the league of Bruce and Neil imo.

great future for ND.
Yep. That's the great thing about Naughty Dog. So much talent. As soon as someone steps down/leaves, another great talented guy takes the spot.

TiG

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's in his Twitter bio now, but I don't believe Josh Scherr is working on TLOU2. He didn't work on the first one, and I remember looking at his bio a few months ago and it didn't mention he was helping co-write TLOU, I've assumed since he was secretly in the planning stages for something else.

Also, unlike Neil Druckmann, Halley Gross, Kurt Margenau, and Anthony Newnan, he hasn't appeared in any interviews or anything talking about the game.

I agree with this. I think its pretty obvious that Naughty Dog has been working on a new IP in the background since Lost Legacy.

As Evan Wells (President of Naughty Dog) mentions in this interview -> Click Me!
Basically they don't have two teams, but they have like a team and a 1/3. Basically when one production ends they are ready to begin production on the next one.

So I think a new ip has been in preproduction since the Lost Legacy and will enter production soon after Part II launches.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
my bad!! i stand corrected.

Newman is crazy talented tho.

He is. I really liked to listen to him in that panel they did at E3 Coliseum back in 2018, where he talked about how important the new gameplay additions were, he seems very gameplay oriented and understands how important those types of mechanics are which is awesome. TLOU2 looks like it will be a blast to play.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
Well what do you think he's doing all those years? Writing a script in one year and then 3 years nothing, sitting around on his desk? :P
Josh Scherr isn't someone who's in the spotlight / in all marketing videos all the time. But he's pretty active on twitter.
I just know I've seen everyone else at PSX 2016, 2017, and E3 2018. It doesn't mean he's not doing anything, I think he's in pre-production on something else. Could be a super small team while everyone else is on TLOU2, but I think he's doing something else. We'll know soon enough.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
I agree with this. I think its pretty obvious that Naughty Dog has been working on a new IP in the background since Lost Legacy.

As Evan Wells (President of Naughty Dog) mentions in this interview -> Click Me!
Basically they don't have two teams, but they have like a team and a 1/3. Basically when one production ends they are ready to begin production on the next one.

So I think a new ip has been in preproduction since the Lost Legacy and will enter production soon after Part II launches.
Good video, I remember hearing this but forget where I heard it, I think this is it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just know I've seen everyone else at PSX 2016, 2017, and E3 2018. It doesn't mean he's not doing anything, I think he's in pre-production on something else. Could be a super small team while everyone else is on TLOU2, but I think he's doing something else. We'll know soon enough.
Oh for sure there is a pre-production team. There is always a small pre-production team, working on the next big thing while almost everyone else is busy finishing the current big AAA project. All AAA Sony studios have them. Now let's hope they don't have to delay TLOU2 again :P

TiG

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good video, I remember hearing this but forget where I heard it, I think this is it.

Oh for sure there is a pre-production team. There is always a small pre-production team, working on the next big thing while almost everyone else is busy finishing the current big AAA project. All AAA Sony studios have them. Now let's hope they don't have to delay TLOU2 again :P

Yup lets hope TLOU2 comes on time.

Hope to get an announcement from ND on their next game this year!

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now show us WILD on the PS5, Sony!!!

giphy6ejds.gif

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
He is. I really liked to listen to him in that panel they did at E3 Coliseum back in 2018, where he talked about how important the new gameplay additions were, he seems very gameplay oriented and understands how important those types of mechanics are which is awesome. TLOU2 looks like it will be a blast to play.
Yeah. Margenau too, Lost Legacy was amazing and I also remember hearing him talk about how they pulled off the insane cruise ship flipping set piece level in UC3.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think when the industry looks back on this moment Sony's going to really stick out for how they handled it. From the jump they were protecting their employees even when it resulted them being attacked over it.

Yep from day 1 they were protecting their employees and was getting bad PR for it .
Then in very short while that change and here were are .

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
That thread aged like milk,all the "Event X is not in China","Sony is overreacting" , "it is just a flu"...and here we are,USA topping a chart no one wants because of late reaction,well unfortunately,thanks to our president and stupid people,Brazil will face the same destiny.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Will affect physical,but digital will increase a lot.
Probably retail but I'm sure digital is getting a big push right now. I've been very tempted to buy the new releases on digital which I rarely do. Luckily for me Gamefly is still working somehow.
yeah I was just surprise by UK.
www.gamesindustry.biz

Strong week for UK physical game sales despite lockdown

Over 340,000 boxed video games were sold in the UK last week, according to GfK figures.It is a drop of 28% compared to …

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really do hope WiLD is still coming and not on indefinite hold or cancelled. The game looked so intriguing.
We know it's still in development, so it's coming. I already said a few years ago that I'm sure WILD is a PS5 game. And now that we know what the PS5's strength is (super-fast SSD / IO / perfect for open-world games), WILD is the perfect next-gen 1st party PS5 game for Sony.
giphyc0ju2.gif

Yeah, I think when the industry looks back on this moment Sony's going to really stick out for how they handled it. From the jump they were protecting their employees even when it resulted them being attacked over it.
Sony/SIE did an amazing job. They reacted early, fast and all around great.
That thread aged like milk,all the "Event X is not in China","Sony is overreacting" , "it is just a flu"...and here we are,USA topping a chart no one wants because of late reaction....
Yeah, all those embarrassing replies in the "Sony canceld PAX/GDC" thread.... it was ridiculous.
Do you remember posts like "I wonder if that's actually the reason....", "They absolutely deserved to be mocked constantly. There are 12 people infected with coronavirus in the United States. This is incredibly stupid." or "Makes them look insanely weak. The flu is way more of a concern...." by varified members? And now look at what is going on around the world.
Sad to see that a thread like this one here has 26 pages with a lot of terrible posts in it:
www.resetera.com

PlayStation cancels planned PAX East appearance due to increasing concerns related to Coronavirus [See Staff Post]

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/02/13/playstation-at-pax-east-play-the-last-of-us-part-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-more/
And this one here only has 3:
www.resetera.com

NA/EU PlayStation Employees will continue to work from home until at least April 30th, workers paid regardless if they can do remote work or not.

Didn't see a thread on this but good news. And in another tweet says as far as he knows it extends to the WWS teams as well.
Sony is handling this situation really, really good. Kudos!

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That particular thread is perhaps the saddest thing I've read here on era.

I'm glad Sony and many other companies, gaming and / or otherwise, had the foresight to avoid putting their employees in danger. The real world reality is beyond any words I have.

I hope everyone does their best to stay safe.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
The fact that Sony has also taken great care of it's contractors is fantastic.... Truly, a class act.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
God of War 2018 supports HDR right? On base PS4? I'm playing it again on my Sony 900e (hdr10/4k) (just a. Little on new game plus) - it may be the prettiest game of this generation

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
We know it's still in development, so it's coming. I already said a few years ago that I'm sure WILD is a PS5 game. And now that we know what the PS5's strength is (super-fast SSD / IO / perfect for open-world games), WILD is the perfect next-gen 1st party PS5 game for Sony.

giphyc0ju2.gif

Sony/SIE did an amazing job. They reacted early, fast and all around great.

Yeah, all those embarrassing replies in the "Sony canceld PAX/GDC" thread.... it was ridiculous.
Do you remember posts like "I wonder if that's actually the reason....", "They absolutely deserved to be mocked constantly. There are 12 people infected with coronavirus in the United States. This is incredibly stupid." or "Makes them look insanely weak. The flu is way more of a concern...." by varified members? And now look at what is going on around the world.
Sad to see that a thread like this one here has 26 pages with a lot of terrible posts in it:
www.resetera.com

PlayStation cancels planned PAX East appearance due to increasing concerns related to Coronavirus [See Staff Post]

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/02/13/playstation-at-pax-east-play-the-last-of-us-part-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-more/
And this one here only has 3:
www.resetera.com

NA/EU PlayStation Employees will continue to work from home until at least April 30th, workers paid regardless if they can do remote work or not.

Didn't see a thread on this but good news. And in another tweet says as far as he knows it extends to the WWS teams as well.
Sony is handling this situation really, really good. Kudos!
I read the first pages now,holy shit a certain user was on fire,he must regret of all shit posted.This thread will forever be the worst ever here,I can't see a worst one.
"Also, we should close grocery stores and force people to order all their food via delivery.
We should also warn against parties.
Should close schools too imo, the kids are very dirty." lol²

Oct 25, 2017
Yup lets hope TLOU2 comes on time.

Hope to get an announcement from ND on their next game this year!

Don't expect any announcements from ND outside of the MP project of TLOU. There is no need to announce a game that is gonna be 3 or 4 years away. HZD, GOW and Spider-Man all have sequels in the works that are much further along and will be system sellers.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
yeah I was just surprise by UK.
www.gamesindustry.biz

Strong week for UK physical game sales despite lockdown

Over 340,000 boxed video games were sold in the UK last week, according to GfK figures.It is a drop of 28% compared to …
I mean Argos have mostly moved inside Sainsburys supermarkets except the odd store so hardly anyone buys from em so the closure won't show much difference there :p /s...

Serious note, Royal Mail still operating so I'm kinda not surprised with people probably moving orders to online purchase & home delivery with lockdown.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017

The trial got me thinking about preordering the game. I had a lot of fun. Would be cool if they were able to get the license for the Alien and have a game mode where it's the Fireteam vs the Predator vs the Alien. Alien vs Predator expansion. Have an Arnold Skin, Danny Glover Skin and a Los Angeles map. A Predalien. Most of this probably won't happen but it's nice to dream. Would be cool to get a Helghast skin.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Don't expect any announcements from ND outside of the MP project of TLOU. There is no need to announce a game that is gonna be 3 or 4 years away. HZD, GOW and Spider-Man all have sequels in the works that are much further along and will be system sellers.
It seems like ND tradition to announce their next game after the release of their newest game.
2011 - Uncharted 3 -> TLOU at VGA
2013 - TLOU -> U4 (Amy) at PS4 Launch Event
2016 - U4 -> TLOU2 at PSX

I do think it will be the MP game this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.