• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I'd also be okay with a PS VR title from RAD.

They have to reach out Valve and make Alyx a launch title for PSVR 2. A new game by RAD would also be very nice. Hope Insomniac is also working on VR stuff, they shouldn't focus only on Spiderman or R&C

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I can understand that. Demon's resonated with me more because it was first - I learned everything there is to know about Soulsborne right off the bat with the first installment so Dark felt just a bit less fresh to me when it came out and was so obviously and utterly Demon's Souls 2 but without Sony's name on the box.

That doesn't make Dark a bad game at all - just that by the time it came out I was already so familiar with DeS that I was kinda just like "oh this is more of that".
Oh yeah Demon Souls defs started it all, Dark Souls was just a slight refinement of the formula.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all still going on about ready at dawn holy shut graphics are king. Pixel opus should've made entwined a realistic looking game who cares if it was mediocre

i couldn't care less about the graphics. Its the setting, design and art style that was intriguing and had a massive potential in the order. tough the dream is dead..:/

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
lol

or Epic again eating Sony's lunch

Sony's like

9f894f1132f690e7781bd696524cc1c4.jpg

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
even the greatest studios can fuck up their project like the cancelled Santa Monica Game - i can understand why Sony wouldn't want to fund a sequel to the order 1886, given how the IP is somewhat tarnished. But there aren't many studios left that bring the same requirements like RAD.

I still think it would be a bit sad to end a collaboration who began in 2006 with Daxter on PSP even if The Order wasn't a big success before and after they proved they can make great games and like you said there isn't lot of studios who have the potentiel to become really big like RAD.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
The initial reveal trailer from E3 STILL gives me the chills to this day. Like holy shit how did they fuck that up so bad and I actually like The Order. Wasted potential the game.

Definitely on the team of it getting a sequel tho and polished in all the right places aside from visuals.
Yeah, it really is wasted potential the game. The initial reveal, the world and visual design, the steampunk sci-fi, airships, some of the weapons, items, and tech, the "modern knights", all that stuff was so cool.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
FF7 remake had direct involvement from Sony. It simply wouldn't exist if it wasnt for them. I do not care about whether it's a timed exclusive or not.
It isn't about being timed or even an exclusive

it is just that once it all said and done Square grew as a company and now has a revived series that is healthy

What did Sony get beyond temporary sells? Did Sony devs now have experience and understanding with JRPGs? Did they gain anything longterm wise that they could use? Nope, has nothing.

better to always make your own stuff

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
A 6 hour game with standard gameplay (literally a big standard tps- oh a lightning chain gun? Wow this is some incredible gameplay) spread them too thin? Yikes why do we want them again?
Because they are an important partner of SIE as much as Bluepoint was (and still is in BP's case). Their work and game culture also match the current SIE WWS.
Building a world class game engine from the ground up while simultaneously creating an all new AAA IP did.
Thanks for backing me up on this. People don't believe me when I talk about The Order 1886's production. 😔

Just saying, Sony NEEDED a hit exclusive when The Order came out, and RAD, to put it bluntly, shit the bed that Sony had made for them. Until Dawn and Bloodborne had to earn their success by word of mouth, Sony did not really have huge marketing pushes for either. The Order had huge blowouts , including a reveal trailer as hype generating as HZD, as well as total marketing support by Sony.

We can argue the reasons why The Order 1886 turned out like it did all day. But It's beyond me how people can't understand why Sony might not be interested in funding another AAA from the studio.
Ask Jim Ryan. He seemed to be fan of the game back then. 😏
They are not publishing and will not publish a AAA console game. Maybe a VR game though?
Is there a chance for a sequel?
I remember him saying no on the old site. I wonder of it has changed? 🤔

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Ape Escape will get announced at TGS and then largely ignored in the west despite being a first party game early in a new console lifecycle

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Ape Escape will get announced at TGS and then largely ignored in the west despite being a first party game early in a new console lifecycle
The MediEvil remake came in late in the current gen. Still sold decently well (and done decently well critically too) even for a "dead" IP. Nostalgia can be a very influential factor if the game turns out to be good... especially if it's a launch game. If they announced that PS1 and PS2 games are backward compatible in addition to that (Ape Escape game) for launch, SIE will be more than fine.

Imagine if we had Bloodborne 2, Ape Escape, Ratchet and Horizon New Dawn for PS5's launch. That would be a 'decent' launch. 😏

Macca

Oct 25, 2017

If anything being released early might mean early adopters will buy it because of a lack of "original" games.

I hope they bring the original composer for a new game.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Me I am still waiting for The Sentinel to be formerly announced by SIE, if it does turn out to be a game that will release. 🤔

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I should have been more clear. What I meant was Sony of America marketing would ignore it, IE: Gravity Rush 2 :P
Not sure. It is easier to market than Gravity Rush 2. The premise is simpler and the characters and 'enemies' design are more family friendly. Try to explain the premise of Gravity Rush 2 series so even a kid would understand. 😏

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
www.sony.net

Statement Regarding the Impact of the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus

Sony extends its condolences to the families of those who have passed away as a result of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (

Game & Network Services Segment
  • Sony estimates that there will be no material impact on this business for the current fiscal year.
  • Although no issues have emerged so far, Sony is carefully monitoring the risk of delays in production schedules for game software titles at both its first-party studios and partner studios, primarily in Europe and the U.S.

be prepared for delays.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
Its interesting and a little weird about new Remedy games. I was pretty sure that one of them will be for Sony, especially when we take into consideration that Yoshida visited Remedy or their relationship with other Sony studios. They also visit Insomniac and Naughty Dog.
🤔

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
www.sony.net

Statement Regarding the Impact of the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus

Sony extends its condolences to the families of those who have passed away as a result of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (

be prepared for delays.
I've been shouting from the rooftops about game and console delays before most people took COVID seriously, but I keep hearing they'll just release games digitally. Don't know how that's going to happen when employees are not in office or production is slowed because everyone is working from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.