• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Those who came to Playstation for Japanese games are probably too busy playing Nioh 2, Persona 5 Royal, Granblue Fantasy Versus, FFVII Remake, Sakura Wars, Yakuza 7 and many others to partake in online discussions about corporate acquisitions.
I love how he dodged this response lmfao. *biggest beginning of the year for Japanese games* "bUt ThEy iGnOrE JaPan"

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am curious if Concrete Genie did well enough for Pixelopus to build upon, I know it didn't sell all that great but here's hoping the team is kept around and they are gradually built up to become a creative powerhouse for Sony.
They are the "creative" guys at SIE US and that's nice. Japan has Japan Studio, America has PixelOpus and Europe has Media Molecule.
Regarding the "build up" part, they will stay a 15-20 team. That's enough for those games they are creating.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I'm sure to some extent it did...

Along with poor design, poor writing, poor gameplay choices, stealth sections, boring weapons outside of like two....in a fucking Steampunk-horror hybrid game, quick time event boss batles, sequel baiting, stupid enemy AI, forgettable supporting cast...
No I'm gonna back sanji on this. In interviews the creative lead almost sounded incompetent when asked questions. He routinely reinforced that he thinks story is infinitely more important than gameplay. The thing was they sacrificed gameplay for a fucking garbage tier story. Literally nothing worked out for them. I would name 40 studios to give a chance to make a game before RaD. Guys the game was pretty yes but not sure if u realized but all games Sony fund look insane. That's literally the bare minimum.

Oct 25, 2017
No I'm gonna back sanji on this.
giphy.gif

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. Another fake insider to avoid

It's quite weird. I listen to a few gaming podcasts on youtube and the best ones are those that just discuss gaming. But there is a demographic out there who use the "I got sources" to build an audience under the guise of "insider info." Which is basically just lies. Inadvertently you learn to spot them from a mile off.

I wont post his youtube vids for obvious reasons but here are some of his vid titles:

"Playstation 5 9TFLOPS & No AMD Ray Tracing Tech ?? | Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake Specs Leak"
"Playstation 5 Outperforming Xbox Says Insider | New PS5 APU Revision & RAM Info (EXCLUSIVE)"
"PS5 Set For February Announcement ?? | Debunking 14TFLOP PS5 Specs | RX 5600 XT Uses Navi 10 Die"

Did you see the companion controller?

Both are bundled at the fair price of 1 Billion US Dollars

This is insane!!!

That DS5 would cost at least £120/$150?!

And those LED interchangeable thumb sticks need to be a thing asap lol

Last edited:

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The initial reveal trailer from E3 STILL gives me the chills to this day. Like holy shit how did they fuck that up so bad and I actually like The Order. Wasted potential the game.

Definitely on the team of it getting a sequel tho and polished in all the right places aside from visuals.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Legend of Dragoon sucked, so I wouldn't really care that much if that was their project. They can do whatever they want with that piece of crap.

Demon's Souls is special to me in a way most games are not. It's the game that let me make my mark as a game writer, it's the game that helped me understand why emergent game design can actually be fun, and it basically created an entire subgenre of action RPGs.

Yes, it's a janky mess and it's got a ton of problems. But I don't see some random Western studio that's never made a game of their own being up to the task of addressing those flaws in a way that IMPROVES it. I'm dreading a Dead Rising 3/Dead Rising 4-level "you completely missed the damn point" if they're given carte blanche to do what they want with it and Miyazaki/From aren't intimately involved in keeping them from going too far.
What video games have you helped write? Are you starting off or are u involved in the industry?

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Ohh it is soooo goood to be back on PSN. I don't know what got into me and I sold my old Pro but we all make mistakes. Maybe it was a good thing tho, I realized that PlayStation is like a part of family. The living room is a much better place with an PS console under the TV. My kid loves it too, so that makes me also happy.

I played the FF7 Remake demo, WOW what an amazing game.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I know. I studied in game development at University and it is true. Spread any kind of workforce too thin and the quality of your products will be impacted. 😐
A 6 hour game with standard gameplay (literally a big standard tps- oh a lightning chain gun? Wow this is some incredible gameplay) spread them too thin? Yikes why do we want them again?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.

And it'd still sell out. That vid unexpectedly got me hype for the DS5 lol.

Just based on what we know of the DS5 as of now, and if some of the patents are hold true, then it'll be the most advanced DS Sony's ever released. But it's obviously not going to be like that video because it's going to have to be able to be purchasable at a mass market price.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The most anticipated games in Japan, according to the latest Famitsu magazine:

eueyxohxkaafrpadrjqw.jpg

Nice to see that the top 3 are PS4 games and that TLOU2 is in the top 10 😉

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I used to be a reviewer. I don't do it anymore, but Demon's Souls was the game that helped me break out.
That's really cool. For me Dark Souls was the inspiration as the lore overall resonated with me more. It basically taught me that not clarifying the details of a plot point is sometimes more interesting than revealing the truth.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's really cool. For me Dark Souls was the inspiration as the lore overall resonated with me more. It basically taught me that not clarifying the details of a plot point is sometimes more interesting than revealing the truth.

I can understand that. Demon's resonated with me more because it was first - I learned everything there is to know about Soulsborne right off the bat with the first installment so Dark felt just a bit less fresh to me when it came out and was so obviously and utterly Demon's Souls 2 but without Sony's name on the box.

That doesn't make Dark a bad game at all - just that by the time it came out I was already so familiar with DeS that I was kinda just like "oh this is more of that".

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the record his coverage was quoted on the Demons Souls website under press. He was one of the first in the west to discuss and play the game

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
People that storm through order in four hours can never understand the beauty and class of it. Order deserves a second chance. With todays knowledge and experience RaD would probably make a 8-9/10 of a game that has no match in its setting..

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Just saying, Sony NEEDED a hit exclusive when The Order came out, and RAD, to put it bluntly, shit the bed that Sony had made for them. Until Dawn and Bloodborne had to earn their success by word of mouth, Sony did not really have huge marketing pushes for either. The Order had huge blowouts , including a reveal trailer as hype generating as HZD, as well as total marketing support by Sony.

We can argue the reasons why The Order 1886 turned out like it did all day. But It's beyond me how people can't understand why Sony might not be interested in funding another AAA from the studio.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Just saying, Sony NEEDED a hit exclusive when The Order came out, and RAD, to put it bluntly, shit the bed that Sony had made for them. Until Dawn and Bloodborne had to earn their success by word of mouth, Sony did not really have huge marketing pushes for either. The Order had huge blowouts , including a reveal trailer as hype generating as HZD, as well as total marketing support by Sony.

We can argue the reasons why The Order 1886 turned out like it did all day. But It's beyond me how people can't understand why Sony might not be interested in funding another AAA from the studio.

even the greatest studios can fuck up their project like the cancelled Santa Monica Game - i can understand why Sony wouldn't want to fund a sequel to the order 1886, given how the IP is somewhat tarnished. But there aren't many studios left that bring the same requirements like RAD.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh it is soooo goood to be back on PSN. I don't know what got into me and I sold my old Pro but we all make mistakes. Maybe it was a good thing tho, I realized that PlayStation is like a part of family. The living room is a much better place with an PS console under the TV. My kid loves it too, so that makes me also happy.

I played the FF7 Remake demo, WOW what an amazing game.
Yup, the remake is going to be amazing.

But they did. They recently bought Insomniac.That didn't happen 4 or 5 years ago. If there's a developer synonym with content is them.

Now, I think they should try and snatch up Bluepoint and Housemarque, but I don't even know if they want to sell or what.
This. Insomniac was a huge get for them. They're also one of the most versatile devs around.
In addition to Rachet and Spider-Man I definitely imagine they'll be looking at another new IP now that they are part of SIE, not to mention perhaps some VR for PSVR2.
Also, complaining about a Spider-Man sequel is weird when it is merely on it's second game. I can't freaking wait to see what they do now that they have so much stuff designed for foundation.

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the reason why I'd like Sony to add R@D into their WWS isn't because I want another Order game

it is just because of the talent and versatility that R@D has which would help WWS

engine work, handheld work, VR work, etc....

they have the experience

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
even the greatest studios can fuck up their project like the cancelled Santa Monica Game - i can understand why Sony wouldn't want to fund a sequel to the order 1886, given how the IP is somewhat tarnished. But there aren't many studios left that bring the same requirements like RAD.
The difference here is that this was their first AAA, and so far only AAA console game. So as far as AAA releases are concerned, RAD has only had a bad track record. This isnt a veteran AAA developer that had a slip up, this was a studio mostly known for smaller games having their debut into the big leagues.

... And Lone Echo really is not a great argument for why Sony should fund another AAA game by RAD, if anything it's a great argument for them funding a VR game by the studio. If RAD brings it's A game to a PSVR game, like they do for Lone Echo...then a AAA game would likely be next.

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the reason why I'd like Sony to add R@D into their WWS isn't because I want another Order game

it is just because of the talent and versatility that R@D has which would help WWS

engine work, handheld work, VR work, etc....

they have the experience

There is no question they are talented. I think they may go be too far removed from working with Sony to be considered for purchase though. They are closer to Facebook now. If their unannounced AAA project is a Sony published game then may be there is a chance.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bundy I'm starting to love your info drops!

Just based on what we know of the DS5 as of now, and if some of the patents are hold true, then it'll be the most advanced DS Sony's ever released. But it's obviously not going to be like that video because it's going to have to be able to be purchasable at a mass market price.

To be honest I'm good with Haptic feedback. But we can dream of those led thumbs right?

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
There's a publisher, they're just busy with a bunch of other things too.
......Oh god...... Microsoft got to them XD

A busy publisher... Like someone worried about an upcoming console launch

My idiot self just got that it could also mean that RAD itself is just too busy....

Last edited:
OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
The difference here is that this was their first AAA, and so far only AAA console game. So as far as AAA releases are concerned, RAD has only had a bad track record. This isnt a veteran AAA developer that had a slip up, this was a studio mostly known for smaller games having their debut into the big leagues.

... And Lone Echo really is not a great argument for why Sony should fund another AAA game by RAD, if anything it's a great argument for them funding a VR game by the studio. If RAD brings it's A game to a PSVR game, like they do for Lone Echo...then a AAA game would likely be next.

yes it was their first AAA Game, from a small handheld studio that had to adapt to home consoles. And even with the failure they showed what potential they have with the Order 1886
If you want to grow as a studio and make the next stept you also have to live with failures. a 10 year old relationship shouldn't be thrown away that easily
they can start with a smaller project again and see how it goes, but again, given the alternatives on the market, i wouldn't let a studio like RAD slip away.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
What "bunch of other things" would RAD be busy on that could be holding the AAA game back a while? Lone Echo II having problems?

Must mean the publisher...

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all still going on about ready at dawn holy shut graphics are king. Pixel opus should've made entwined a realistic looking game who cares if it was mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.