• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora78

Jun 3, 2018
Art by fuyukayui on Twitter.

ET4e0IIVAAAYZNq

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wrong thread for my video but you can check the right one that is PSVR related :

www.resetera.com

Paper Beast |OT| Out of This World and Into Another (Now on PC!)

Platform(s): PlayStation VR, PC Release Date: PS4: March 24th, 2020 PC: July 24th, 2020 (Steam VR, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift) PC (non-VR): October 20th, 2020 Genre: Adventure Price: $29.99 USD Player(s): 1 Format: Digital Developer/Publisher: Pixel Reef Size: 5.8GB What is Paper Beast? Paper...

And the Control DLC "The Foundation" is playable tomorrow on PS4.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Gow approach is the way. Major blowout 1 month before release with previews and a major trailer with both story and gameplay + b rolls video to show combat , exploration and stuff. Lot of info + no spoilers.
Can't do it 1 month before release because that's The Last of Us time. At this stage if it will even happen it will be a week or two before release.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
There's a lot of RPGs on handhelds but very few of them are good and almost all of them are the same disposable "plucky anime kid" or "look at how many fetishes I crammed into one 3DS cartridge!" tripe.

If there were games like Tactics Ogre still coming out on handhelds that would be one thing, but there...aren't, and there weren't. Nobody even bought Let Us Cling Together. :(
You're pretty much in the minority for saying "very few handheld JRPGs are good".
But then again you seem to dislike pretty much every JRPG, modern or not, so I'm not sure that's an opinion I'd follow anyway, sorry.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
by the way if you guys didn't read this reddit post about the PS5 (and Series X) you should

especially the SSD part and its examples/explanation is very detailed to the point that it gets you thinking about the future of some games

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Like the fact is that its the software that will sell, the console that has the best games will in the end most likely do best. I love Playstation but fuck, I just really, really, really want a sequel to Playstation All Stars. Like I want it so bad. I think its the title I want more than anything else - and I know thats a "controversial take".

Honestly at this point I'd be happier about a Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Remastered with a new trophy list than I would of most game announcements lol

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
Like the fact is that its the software that will sell, the console that has the best games will in the end most likely do best. I love Playstation but fuck, I just really, really, really want a sequel to Playstation All Stars. Like I want it so bad. I think its the title I want more than anything else - and I know thats a "controversial take".

Honestly at this point I'd be happier about a Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Remastered with a new trophy list than I would of most game announcements lol
Never gonna happen :(

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
by being able to run PS4 - PS5 already have PSP/1/2 BC by default since PS4 has that functionality incorporated.

The difference is that it isn't promoted as either a feature/program because they're packaged as 'retro/classic PS4 games' instead of games released as part of a BC program.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
I hope the PS5 startup has the Sony Interactive Entertainment logo with a new sound that's kind of a remix on the PS1 game start up tune.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
by being able to run PS4 - PS5 already have PSP/1/2 BC by default since PS4 has that functionality incorporated.

The difference is that it isn't promoted as either a feature/program because they're packaged as 'retro/classic PS4 games' instead of games released as part of a BC program.
I wouldn't call that functionality given the quantity of those games.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I have heard some fascinating things about the PS5's operating system like this - one of the pitches they've been making to developers is "playing a PS5 game should be as easy as Netflix." They want to make players feel like they can load up the game immediately and know exactly how much time a given activity is going to take them. They want people to feel more inclined to play in short bursts rather than only wanting to turn on the console when they have a few hours to spare.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You're pretty much in the minority for saying "very few handheld JRPGs are good".
But then again you seem to dislike pretty much every JRPG, modern or not, so I'm not sure that's an opinion I'd follow anyway, sorry.

I'm dreadfully sorry that I'm not interested in games about fat-headed chibi character models or little kids going on adventures about the power of friendship. What exactly is there that's so mindblowing on handhelds that fills the gap left by games like Suikoden and FFT? Because that's what I look for - I'm not interested in colorful anime adventures, high school kids, or titty harem games. That's all I ever see on handhelds.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Hey fellow Erans, I have bought an PS4 Pro again. Life is boring without PlayStation. The first thing I'm gonna do is buy Dreams.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I'm dreadfully sorry that I'm not interested in games about fat-headed chibi character models or little kids going on adventures about the power of friendship. What exactly is there that's so mindblowing on handhelds that fills the gap left by games like Suikoden and FFT? Because that's what I look for - I'm not interested in colorful anime adventures, high school kids, or titty harem games. That's all I ever see on handhelds.
Occasionally your takes are a little too spicy for me, but this was hilarious. And true.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne defeated me. I've tried to get through that game half a dozen times. Gotten pretty far too. I don't even think 99% of it is that hard. But I cannot beat the hunters. Not without cheese. I can spank the first few bosses without leveling and basically run through Yharnam, but hunters wreck me. It's like the difficulty gets spiked 1000%. I'll never finish Bloodborne.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
Bloodborne defeated me. I've tried to get through that game half a dozen times. Gotten pretty far too. I don't even think 99% of it is that hard. But I cannot beat the hunters. Not without cheese. I can spank the first few bosses without leveling and basically run through Yharnam, but hunters wreck me. It's like the difficulty gets spiked 1000%. I'll never finish Bloodborne.

Are you talking about old hunters DLC?
If so, better continue with vanilla game and leave the DLC for the ending...

Oct 25, 2017
Do it like me. Grind a lot, learn the game, study it, breathe it, live it. I guess what I'm trynna say is find a co op partner to help you get thru it 😂😂

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Are you talking about old hunters DLC?
If so, better continue with vanilla game and leave the DLC for the ending...
No i just mean the vanilla NPC hunters you have to fight. They wreck me. Like blood starved beast is way easier than the two hunters I have to (cheese) fight getting there lol.

Deleted member 45773

Banned
Jul 10, 2018
What boss gave everyone the most trouble in Bloodborne?

Mines an early one, the damn Blood Starved Beast that infects you with poison when it hits you. I'm only half joking when I say that mf took a few years off my life.

I actually didn't have too much of a difficult time the rest of the way, and beat a good number of bosses on my first try.

Oct 25, 2017

Mines an early one, the damn Blood Starved Beast that infects you with poison when it hits you. I'm only half joking when I say that mf took a few years off my life.

I actually didn't have too much of a difficult time the rest of the way, and beat a good number of bosses on my first try.
Anything with multiple enemies.

So those 3 guys with the big snakes.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Lol that's funny because the Blood Starved Beast destroyed me, and I wrecked the NPC hunters.
BSB was hard. But I learned it. I also spent a lot of time helping other people there. So on my subsequent playthroughs I cruise by that boss fight. Unfortunately I still have to cheese my way there or pray for luck that they will fall off a ledge lol.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
There's a dozen other places to look for in terms of potential games that could be coming to PC - like ND's job postings that are looking for people with Nvidia experience and shit.
Oh wow, must've missed that thread.

It's so hard for me to imagine GoW and ND games showing up on other platforms.

It just doesn't compute for me; it would be like Nintendo publishing Zelda and Mario on PC.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Defiled Amygdala. Took me 30-40 attempts.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017

Orphan of Kos and Defiled Watchdog

I honestly never struggled much in the main game. From Rom to the end I beat everything on my first try aside from the finale. Ludwig's Holy Blade helped though.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017

Ebrietas.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, must've missed that thread.

It's so hard for me to imagine GoW and ND games showing up on other platforms.

It just doesn't compute for me; it would be like Nintendo publishing Zelda and Mario on PC.

There was a thread earlier in the year and it was locked because it's nothing new. ND copies and pastes the same text for certain job listings over the course years. You can find that exact text as far back as 2018, and other listings that specifically mention the platform they'd be working on as the PS4.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I think people should stop "thinking" too much about the lack or presence of the "Only on Playstation" label, because well, it's not always reliable and especially with third party titles does not mean much.

Eh, can't really blame people when you see Detroit, Horizon and Predator available on PC.

This new strategy is both weird and interesting, we will see how it will pan out.
Predator is a different beast in the sense that it is co-published by SIE and Fox Games. They (SIE) doesn't appear to have the license per say like they have with SM. 🤔

Last edited:

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Ludwig in my lvl 4 run, I died so many times. Orphan of Kos and Lady Maria were also quite hard.

Bosses that were pushovers in a normal run like One Reborn or Lady Maria were much harder than I expected. The only bosses I didn't beat at lvl4 were the last ones from the depth 5 Chalices (Loran Darkbeast, Ebrietas, Yharnam Queen) and also Laurence, all for annoying reasons and I was also burnt out at that point.

Bosses in this game are just so incredibly good.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ludwig in the DLC, and Rom in the main game.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Gehrman

I took out every boss without any help until the end. I got him down to maybe a tenth of his health after 20 tries but couldn't. Gave up. Feelsbadman.

Status
Not open for further replies.