• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
So specs outta the way, Sony will most likely going to launch a game to show the power and guimicks of the PS5. Like they did with Shadowfall.

I wonder what studio will launch their game with the PS5. Bluepoint was never known for the grafics and Demon Souls Remake seems way too niche to be a launch title.
If i have to make a guess i would be inclined to say Guerrilla Games are gonna be the ones to showcase the ps5 power but then again i dont think Horizon 2 will be a launch title so who knows? maybe Insomniac releases a Ratchet and Clank as launch title? SSM is no no God of War is not coming out until at least 2022 i think, maybe PD? with a Gran Turismo game at launch? i would love to see a new Motorstorm at launch , can you imagine? wow.

remanutd

Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yup. Souls games sell around 5-7 million copies. Seems like a good fit for a launch, especially since Souls fans are very dedicated.

Ratched & Clank as the family friendly game, Souls for the hardcore and Godfall as the multiplayer coop game seems like good lineup for a launch.
I would love to see a racing game in there as well, Motorstorm wouldnt be that bad lol.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
A Gran Turismo 7 would be amazing,the console would fly from the shelves in EU.
About Blue Point setting a benchmark for next-gen graphics,I don't doubt if they are ready to be there day one,Shadow of the Colossus is one of the best looking games this gen.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Bluepoint said their remake is gonna be a benchmark for next-gen graphics so that will be PS5 showcase at launch

I'd expect Ratchet to be a benchmark as well. We don't get as many high end games with animated visuals anymore, but when they do come along people like to compare them to animated movies. That's where their benchmark usually falls. Like we see with people comparing KH3's cutscenes to the movies they're based on. Insomniac did some amazing things with Ratchet PS4, so it's going to be fun to see what they can do on hardware with significantly better lighting capabilities.

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
Regarding PS5 backwards compatibility with PS4 and the whole "almost 100 games will be supported at launch" which is referring to the top playable games.

I am certain that almost no first party or any type of PS4 exclusive is in that list of top playable games, so does that mean at the PS5 launch 100 3rd party games + Sony's exclusives will be supported or did people really misinterpret what Cerny said and the PS5 will actually support all PS4 games and the top playable games will take advantage of the PS5 new tech?

I don't expect any update concerning BC until the next major event Sony is planning.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding PS5 backwards compatibility with PS4 and the whole "almost 100 games will be supported at launch" which is referring to the top playable games.

I am certain that almost no first party or any type of PS4 exclusive is in that list of top playable games, so does that mean at the PS5 launch 100 3rd party games + Sony's exclusives will be supported or did people really misinterpret what Cerny said and the PS5 will actually support all PS4 games and the top playable games will take advantage of the PS5 new tech?

I don't expect any update concerning BC until the next major event Sony is planning.

As I've said a bunch of times in various parts of the internet, what Cerny said, at least how I and many others heard it, is basically, 'PS5 supports PS4 games, we tried out the top 100 to see how they would work, and from that pool most of them played fine but some had issues, so there may be some titles [within the whole PS4 library] that need tweaking on a game-by-game basis to run properly.'

The whole bit about running at "boosted frequencies" I don't believe was in reference to a specific mode. I think that's just how PS5 will run PS4 games in general.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
As I've said a bunch of times in various parts of the internet, what Cerny said, at least how I and many others heard it, is basically, 'PS5 supports PS4 games, we tried out the top 100 to see how they would work, and from that pool most of them played fine but some had issues, so there may be some titles [within the whole PS4 library] that need tweaking on a game-by-game basis to run properly.'

The whole bit about running at "boosted frequencies" I don't believe was in reference to a specific mode. I think that's just how PS5 will run PS4 games in general.
It was in reference to a native PS5 clocks mode. Similar to how some games couldn't run at the boosted Pro frequencies. It actually breaks the game logic.

Compatibility at the reduced clocks would be related to architectural differences or quirks they can't fake easily. Their patent trail shows they try to do as much as they can to make the CPU/GPU 'look' like a PS4.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I would say that there is mountains of evidence pointing at three distinct modes. Native, gen 1 and gen 0.

Native (native for PS5 games) is the high boost clock mode Cerny refers to. Maybe 2.23 GHz or capped somewhere lower, but runs with 36 CU in Legacy GCN instruction mode.

Games not able to properly function at this boost can operate in one of two legacy modes: gen1 is 36 CU running at 911 MHz (titles that were pro patched), gen0 is 800 MHz ( titles never patched that do not perform well with Pro boost either.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

I find it unbelievable how it's been 3 days since that Deep Dive and Sony still didn't come out and at least clean up the mess they did regarding BC on the PS5. How is it possible to even be quiet about something that could be sorted out with a tweet? "yes, all PS4 library plays on the PS5 but some games but some games might need some tweaking" or something. How hard would that be?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

This is how I interpreted it as well, but surely if come whenever the PS5 releases 90% of the PS4 library is available with 10% needing a compatibility update Sony would have clarified so already? Because right now the story going around is that only a majority of those 100 titles will be available, and with every hour more and more people will believe that.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I find it unbelievable how it's been 3 days since that Deep Dive and Sony still didn't come out and at least clean up the mess they did regarding BC on the PS5. How is it possible to even be quiet about something that could be sorted out with a tweet? "yes, all PS4 library plays on the PS5 but some games but some games might need some tweaking" or something. How hard would that be?

If they haven't made it clear, it's because they don't care (or that Cerny's statement is the right one). We will probably have a more concrete answer about this in a few months, probably.

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
If they haven't made it clear, it's because they don't care (or that Cerny's statement is the right one). We will probably have a more concrete answer about this in a few months, probably.

They don't care about clearing up a miscommunication that came from...them?
That sounds like good marketing.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
The BC stuff is particularly frustrating because it could be clarified in a single tweet.

Not talking about the PS5 before they were ready, and saying as much, wasn't poor communication. THIS is poor communication.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Until Sony clarifies further I'm expecting the worst case scenario: only the games which run just fine on their own out of the top 100 with maybe some of the upcoming heavy hitters will be available at launch, the thousands of other games will need testing and approval.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I thought it was real National Geographic-like...

ETjFeXOXkAEEkEJ

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I was looking at Metacritic,Animal Crossing and Ori wasn't reviewed bombed (thankfully),I bet Final Fantasy VII,Part 2 and Ghost will not have the same fate.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
They don't care about clearing up a miscommunication that came from...them?
That sounds like good marketing.

Well, that's exactly how they've been operating in the last 24 months, isn't? But to be fair with them, I don't remember ever seeing someone from Sony answering those type of questions on Twitter, whether by the official account or by any of its executives. They simply don't use social media as a way of communication.

Tiago Rodrigues

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Well, that's exactly how they've been operating in the last 24 months, isn't? But to be fair with them, I don't remember ever seeing someone from Sony answering those type os questions on Twitter, whether by the official account or by any of its executives. They simply don't use social media as a way of communication.

In the end all this will be forgotten once they announce the console and all they've been working on. Until then things will get worse than when they were quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.