• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
That video from ND's twitter was probably the first time that I was disappointed with their work. What was that qaulity? It's weird to see such a bad "snow effect/physics" in their game. I hope the final version won't be like that.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish I could see the Cerny PS5 talk tomorrow, but I'll be working when it releases. Can't wait to see what he talks about when works over though. Hopefully there's a video and not just a blogpost. I need to hear Cerny as he tells me about the PS5.
According to shinobi, some outlets received material with data to go along with Sony's video. We'll probably have a lot to digest today.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
That video from ND's twitter was probably the first time that I was disappointed with their work. What was that qaulity? It's weird to see such a bad "snow effect/physics" in their game. I hope the final version won't be like that.

there was this snow effect and a animation bug on one NPC that likely caused the delay.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Old footage dude. We already saw that effect a long time ago. Pretty sure this was already fixed.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
I suspect there'll be a backlash in a few hours lol.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 GPU is weaker than the XSX'

19430770k5k5i.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
A dry and technical presentation AND a weaker GPU? I hope that prediction is wrong.

At least show off some stunning footage of next-gen games so people realize that the TF-number is not the most important thing.

GDC didn't happen, so Sony could add some stuff to their presentation. Why does it have to be exactly like the canceled GDC-session?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
God Jason can be such a buzzkill sometimes....fully expecting 9ish TF now. Oh well, will check out the presentation then promptly peace out from Era for a while XD. This is not the discourse I want to take part in during a pandemic XD

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
A dry and technical presentation AND a weaker GPU? I hope that prediction is wrong.

At least show off some stunning footage of next-gen games so people realize that the TF-number is not the most important thing.

GDC didn't happen, so Sony could add some stuff to their presentation. Why does it have to be exactly like the canceled GDC-session?

They precisely said that the presentation will "contain elements originally planned for GDC". So it means that it will not only be the GDC thing.

BUT

They also precisely and clairly qualified the presentation as a "deep dive into PS5's system architecture" : That means PURELY TECHNICAL PRESENTATION, so, no games !

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Seeing people on various places who were seriously hoping and maybe even expecting PS1-PS3 BC.... jfc some people are amazing at setting themselves up for disappointment. Just look at how Sony handled the whole PS2 on PS4 thing, that should tell you enough.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not watching it, will seel TLDR later, but they better show one PS5 game. Proper reveal, trailer with 10 minute gameplay afterwards.

I have a feeling it may be an absolute snoozefest

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
I'm not watching it, will seel TLDR later, but they better show one PS5 game. Proper reveal, trailer with 10 minute gameplay afterwards.

For as far as I know, Xbox doesn't show any "proper 10min+ gameplay" of any next gen game.

So where's the urge ?

+ they clairely announced a technical presentation. It's crystal clear.

I can't wait to see next-gen games gameplay like everybody but, just stay logical please.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Yeah this was GDC replacement. I doubt any game or trailers will be shown.
Most I expect is an older game demo difference.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If it's indeed 9TF but significantly cheaper (50-100 bucks) than Xbox Series X I'm fine. :)
Actually, I'm also fine with it at the same price, because I care most about the games. HZD2 or GoW2 will instantly make me want to buy the PS5, lol

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Would be 11PM where I lived.

I already gone home from work that time, eat, and then go sleep.

I'll just read the news & meltdowns tomorrow.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For as far as I know, Xbox doesn't show any "proper 10min+ gameplay" of any next gen game.

So where's the urge ?

+ they clairely announced a technical presentation. It's crystal clear.

I can't wait to see next-gen games gameplay like everybody but, just stay logical please.
I am being logical. That's why I'm not watching it at all, because I don't expect it. I shouldn't have worded it as better show it lol

If it's indeed 9TF but significantly cheaper (50-100 bucks) than Xbox Series X I'm fine. :)
Actually, I'm also fine with it at the same price, because I care most about the games. HZD2 or GoW2 will instantly make me want to buy the PS5, lol
I'm fortunate enough to have a decent job so I'd rather have the power and it being more expensive, but I know this is a minority opinion.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
If PS5 is severely underpowered (9TF) compared to XSX it better be 100+ dollars cheaper. Otherwise it's going to be a ridiculously tough sell for me.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The real hype for me begins once these two consoles major reveal events get going. Just show me these glorious next gen games already, could care less about specs.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
If PS5 is severely underpowered (9TF) compared to XSX it better be 100+ dollars cheaper. Otherwise it's going to be a ridiculously tough sell for me.

You know "made PlayStation warriors being sad" just means that it's not better thant the Xbox.
It not necesseraly means it would be that less poweful than 9 Tf. It could also means equal as the Xbox one.

More with this precision he make :

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
My PS3 can play PS1 and PS2 games so I'm not that bothered by BC. As long as PS4 games can look better on PS5 I'll be happy.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
You know "made PlayStation warriors being sad" just means that it's not better thant the Xbox.
It not necesseraly means it would be that less poweful than 9 Tf. It could also means equal as the Xbox one.

Oh I wasn't talking about Schreier's tweets but some of the posts earlier this page.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
I hope you're right. I saw this video on YouTube few months ago and thought they will fix it. But they actually used it for advertising. That's the concerning part.

yeah it was weird sure, they have other parts of the demo showing Ellie's mobility and verticality and they go with the noticeable bug haha

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
If what Schreier is saying is right (probably is), then the concern trolling in this thread will be unbearable.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
In truth, nothing would change from a market perspective: if the price is right, with this brand and software, the system will be a hit. Though I'm intrigued by the unique features, if they deserve such noise about it, considering BC is almost off the table, or looking like a long shot right now. I have no idea what could be so cool that would shift the narrative around PS5.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
But they actually used it for advertising.
Could be ND tighten every new info regarding the game, that includes previously planned PAX East demo was the same old demo what Journalists would play back in 2019.

Though, I agree the jumping animations & snow deformation was...

Meh, for ND standard... : |

Hoping it didn't look like that in the final game.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I hope you're right. I saw this video on YouTube few months ago and thought they will fix it. But they actually used it for advertising. That's the concerning part.

Yep.
I really dind´t understand how they thought that posting that would be a good move.
I even replayed cuz I thought it may be some problem with the video rendering lol

Status
Not open for further replies.