• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
They are doing it tomorrow because that was planned for the GDC. Not because MS revealed the specs yesterday.

I don't know why people are thinking that multi-billion dollar corporations are just sitting around waiting to respond to another. As much as some can't fathom it, these things are planned well in advance because they have to be. Everything has to be coordinated. I can't believe people actually think that Sony saw that news yesterday and had Cerny scramble to come up with some presentation to counter it. Does that actually sound realistic to anyone?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The livestream would be at 11PM where I live.

I just read the news (and meltdowns, lol) the day after, after I wake up.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should really release the first batch of PS5 as the "Random Tuesday Edition".

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Ahh, this is the gdc presentation. Gotcha.

What are the odds we see the box tomorrow?

50%?
1%.
I hope its not only the numbers, demos are one of the best ways to sell a product.
As said in the other thread, you'll likely have some videos like MS showing what was said in the wired article: load time comparisons, quick resume, etc.
It won't be just Cerny in front of a powerpoint (even if there'll be a lot of that).

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'm looking forward to the threads after this presentation with people being mad because they had big expectations and didn't read what the announcement was going to be about.

edit: Mikey Jr. The Controller has nothing to do with specs, you won't see it.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
I'm not expecting any next gen games to be shown since this was a GDC presentation. I also still think PS5 will be weaker than the XSX, which is fine with me. Even at 9TF it's a day one buy.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the threads after this presentation with people being mad because they had big expectations and didn't read what the announcement was going to be about.

edit: Mikey Jr. The Controller has nothing to do with specs, you won't see it.

Ughhh.

It's just, 80% of this architecture will probably be an exact copy of the Xbox.
At least there they showed the box and controller.

Alright, expectations set and lowered.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Ughhh.

It's just, 80% of this architecture will probably be an exact copy of the Xbox.
At least there they showed the box and controller.

Alright, expectations set and lowered.
You'll feel happier (and everyone else) with lower expectations and some surprises than the reverse anyway :p

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Now we are happy to have "What's in the box" as title of the OT instead of "State of Patience" lol

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Goddammit I'm so happy all the bitching an moaning can finally be over. Looking forward to tomorrow, because good or bad, at least we'll finally have the facts right before the war about percentage points can begin

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Damn... So there was a plan after all! Seems a bit random to do it now, but it's a welcome end to the season of madness.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
The last time I remember Sony using the expression "deep dive" it was about E3 2018 where they promised an focus on their big games and what we got was more cinematic trailers for TLOU2, Death Stranding and GoT with no live gameplay and no real information.
I hope they didn't bring Cerny to do small talk and vague buzzwords but to deliver actual data with concrete examples (demos).

Jan 20, 2019
The last time I remember Sony using the expression "deep dive" it was about E3 2018 where they promised an focus on their big games and what we got was more cinematic trailers for TLOU2, Death Stranding and GoT with no live gameplay and no real information.
I hope they didn't bring Cerny to do small talk and vague buzzwords but to deliver actual data with concrete examples (demos).

That is false, all of thoes games got gameplay.

Did you even watch that e3?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

You got extensive gameplay of all of those. Which was the first time we'd seen any gameplay from Part II or GoT. And both of those were uncut shots of gameplay.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
From that leaked Spider-Man loading demo on the PS5 from a while back, do we know if that version of Spider-Man was optimized for the PS5 or was it just Backwards Compatibility with the PS5's architecture doing the rest of the work on the improved loading times?

Oct 25, 2017
They had gameplay. They weren't deep dives in the slightest but they were gameplay demos

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019

They all had demos, what in the world are you talking about? Only one that get more like a trailer was Death Stranding but we all know how that turned out. If you mean actually have developers on stage and explain what each button does or narrate a mission, then no. If anything they should define what a deep dive even means.

I also gotta say the sheer lack of empathy outside this thread towards both Sony and Microsoft at this current time is unreal. Both teams are likely shook due to change of plans and pandemic yet are still putting things out for the community yet everyone won't shut up about mind games and conspiracies. Like sure I'd expect that on YouTube or Reddit but here..? Bah

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Excellent-6pm local time for me with the presentation.
I'm not expecting to see much software but I'm still equally excited for Cerny's soothing voice to go over PS5 specs.

Time to get in that tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.