• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I don't think we get any news from Sony this month. Before PS5 announcement my bet is a State of Play featuring TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushima.
i dont think we are getting a state of play either..
TLOU2 will probably have another story trailer soon enough, ghost will hopefully get some gameplay trailers in the vein of RDR 2's gameplay videos.
I think that the next time sony have some non game specific news, it will be the PS5 reveal, I also think that said PS5 reveal will be handled via a prerecorded "conference", like how sony revealed their latest xperia phones, but obviously with much higher production values and with a focus on games + impressions from a few specific outlets.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In Europe yes (or at least in my country):
lol, they're so inconsistent.

But Sony is pushing this right now in my PS4:

M7KxBau.jpg

And there's the Only on PlayStation section on PS Store that lists Predator (PC) and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (Xbox One), but they removed Horizon and Death Stranding from there.

AEF47723-EE75-44-B1-A6-F3-2-CB6162-CDC97.jpg

So these labels don't mean much.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I understand people wanting PS5 but there are so many good games to play on PS4.

I hope I will have the time an chance to finish them all before the PS5 comes. Just started Nioh 2 and that will keep me bussy in the coming weeks after that I will just enjoy the upcoming releases (if they are not delayed).

Oct 27, 2017
Even that seems to be too complicated for Sony these days. Kinda hilarious. This game will launch in a few months.

Well..... let's wait and see.

Why even give column space to such a dumb point of view? The guy doesn't seem to realise that several Sony/PS exclusive games have ended up on PC (Guns Up, Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Detroit, Beyond: Two Souls) and also equates one exclusive jumping ship 3 years later with the notion of Playstation making itself obsolete. I personally think the number of people who wait potentially a few years for some PS exclusives to make the jump to PC rather than buying the PS5 will be a very small number who probably wouldn't have cared much for the console or invested themselves much in the PS ecosystem anyway. If it lets more people play the games and doesn't negatively affect hardware sales to a notable degree I don't see how it's anything but a good decision on Sony's part.

Marketing plan to PS5 has to be Great or to dumb..
I can't decide ..

We don't know anything about the marketing plan yet, so how could we comment either way?

My first thought seeing the Series X news was "Man, the Playstation thread is going to be unbearable today." 😢

Yeah, I find the negativity in here really draining - it's why I post a lot less nowadays. I think the lack of news/conferences from the PS camp has driven a lot of people insane.

Any word on whether PS+ will be necessary? I would like to try it, but I don't have Plus any more.

Lol, Tom actually responded to my tweet with the joke over head gif and then proceeded to block me for the following. It seems Microsoft proponents on Twitter are rather thin skinned.

Screenshot2020031701.jpg

Good response, and that was a pathetic sensationalist dogwhistle from a supposed 'journalist'. Very petty to block you for it too.

Would you guys trade the amount of games we're getting for a PS Meeting?

No way, Ghost of Tsushima looks fecking awesome and will probably be better than any launch title on either new console.

I must be the only person who's just playing PS4 and thinking about TLOU Part 2 and Ghost and my huge backlog while everyone is thirsting over new hardware to come out during a pandemic like this

Yeah, me too. I'm way more excited about PS4 games (and GoT particularly) than anything I feel is likely to come soon into the new generation. I don't usually pick up new hardware anyway until it has been out for ~18 months.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they will have a bunch to show. Text is cool, but I want some next gen demos.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Okay, while i did predict a few months ago that sony will have something for today regarding PS5, i gave up on that long ago, just goes to show that sony are really hard to predict.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they will have a bunch to show. Text is cool, but I want some next gen demos.
It will be their GDC presentation. Cerny will talk about the PS5's system architecture. So keep your expectations in check. This ain't a PS meeting with a lot of PS5 games. It's more tech talk.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019

I don't think we'll see new game annoucements. It'll be probably something like the Spiderman footage to show the benefits of the SSD and stuff like that.

But maybe we'll se something of Godfall, since the devs hinted at more footage really really soon.

Aug 26, 2018
No doubt in my mind Cerny will show off Horizon Zero Dawn 2 in all its 4k 60 fps ray-tracing glory!!

Maybe even the next Gran Turismo?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It will be their GDC presentation. Cerny will talk about the PS5's system architecture. So keep your expectations in check. This ain't a PS meeting with a lot of PS5 games. It's more tech talk.
I don't mean new games necessarily. Even showing current gen games, and how it's enhanced with PS5 should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.