• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
My watch has ended I just sold my ps4, the money is going to the PS5. I'll have a killer launch line up waiting for me TLOU part 2, GoT, FF 7 and whatever they are launching the PS5 with

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm pretty certain Part II is being delayed again, Jason said in that article about crunch that ND already got Sony to push the manufacturing date 2 weeks so they had those 2 weeks for extra dev time, even the tiniest setback is gonna mean the game has to be delayed again.

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
physical sales still counts for about 40-60% of the sales. if people are afraid to go out, just delay the game.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty certain Part II is being delayed again, Jason said in that article about crunch that ND already got Sony to push the manufacturing date 2 weeks so they had those 2 weeks for extra dev time, even the tiniest setback is gonna mean the game has to be delayed again.

If this is still going on then theoretically they wouldn't even have to produce as many physical copies as they'd normally would since a higher percentage of people would be going digital. Like I expect DOOM, FF7R, RE3R, Animal Crossing etc. to have much bigger digital percentages than normal.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm thinking of getting FF VII-R digital and I've never bought a digital game beyond Battlefield 1 with a friend when it launched. As empty as physical boxes are now and as much as I'm not the best at keeping my shit in order, going digital for this one game sucks.

My country is in quarantine right now and I don't know how I feel about making the deliverer come here for just a game (tbh I haven't really informed myself how Amazon and all of that is tackling things now).

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even be annoyed by delays at this point. Just praise the lord that RE3 and FFVII have already gone gold.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of getting FF VII-R digital and I've never bought a digital game beyond Battlefield 1 with a friend when it launched. As empty as physical boxes are now and as much as I'm not the best at keeping my shit in order, going digital for this one game sucks.

My country is in quarantine right now and I don't know how I feel about making the deliverer come here for just a game (tbh I haven't really informed myself how Amazon and all of that is tackling things now).

Just roll with it on digital. It's an added convenience of just being able to play it whenever you want without needing to put in a disc, and you don't need to put yourself at risk by going to a store. And you can have it pre-installed so it'll be ready to play at midnight wherever you're.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would imagine Game development would be one of the industries most resilient to the disruption of remote working. Might just take a while to get the tech needed up and running in people's homes.

The hardest part will be forcing people to work 16+ hour days when you aren't there to peer pressure them 😉
Manufacturing issues as well could cause delays (assuming the companies want the retail version out day and date with the digital).

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing's(or Nintendo as a whole) reception is proof that you don't need amazing graphics to make a game great. It's unfortunate that Sonya has cultivated an image where graphical fidelity is king.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This guy can't count.

Yea, not to mention he's sort of forgotten about the Wired article and slow drip feed of non specific hardware and performance details. Certainly doesn't do himself or The Verge any favours.

Add to that, I think people forget Sony still have tentpole PS4 exclusives like FFVIIR, TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima to still heavily push and market.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Platform Warring; Numerous Prior Bans for the Same
Can someone tell that Tom Warren dude that the PS5 logo is more popular than any news of the Xbox X Series announcement combined.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing's(or Nintendo as a whole) reception is proof that you don't need amazing graphics to make a game great. It's unfortunate that Sonya has cultivated an image where graphical fidelity is king.

different audience, different target groups.
it's not like the only good games from Sony are graphical showcases

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lol, Tom actually responded to my tweet with the joke over head gif and then proceeded to block me for the following. It seems Microsoft proponents on Twitter are rather thin skinned.

Screenshot2020031701.jpg

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would you guys trade the amount of games we're getting for a PS Meeting?

We buy consoles to play games, so obviously not. Especially not when the new system is still several months away (likely end of 2020, if not next year thanks to Covid), and FFVIIR, TLOU2 and GoT are all sooner.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Nope, because those games include Part II and I can't remember ever anticipating a game as much as I am with it. I'm obviously looking forward to whenever the PS5 is fully unveiled, but PII is far more important/interesting to me than it right now.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Nah. I honestly think any chances of meeting happening is now at 0%.
At this rate they should just do a highly polished reveal video of the console, release the stats and features on the PS blog and reveal some games.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Such an embarrassment to journalism.
Gaming journalism is trash outside few outliers.

To be fair Sony produced and developed many games not "graphic centric". The big difference to Nintendo is that none of them have become mainstream.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll really got baited by a twitter post

If hes a known console warrior, just ignore it and rise about. I mean he was petty enough to block someone for telling him some facts lol

Last edited:

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019

Astro Bot
Everybodys golf
Medievil
Concrete Genie
Dreams

Stop it with the drive by trolling, please.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
They obviously have no intrest in doing a State of Play for PS4 anymore and are not ready/don't want to do one for PS5.
While there are no official confirmations that they won't do another SoPs anymore, I would called them hard partially hypocrite if there would be a Tsushima dedicated episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.