• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
i honesty dont know why you keep saying.
Cuz Everytime somebody mention it everybody in this thread jump down they neck that a gameplay demo was shown two years ago. It's OK to ask for gameplay for the $60 game you think you might wanna buy. And before anybody pull the Sony card, I did the same thing for rdr2 and rockstar fans killed me for it as well.

Last edited:

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Guerrilla Games revealed Horizon Zero Dawn with a ~7 minutes gameplay video. It wasn't their first big game in a long time and they still showed a long gameplay video..... while revealing the IP.... over a year before launch.

GOT also had gameplay reveal. Maybe you didn't like it, but it was pretty similar to GoW.

You really took Horizon PC reveal and Sony silence pretty personally. Go play other games, watch Netflix and just do something else.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was one of the highlights of that year. What are you talking about?
Watch the trailer again. Gameplay-wise it almost doesn'tt reveal anything. And we are talking about a new IP here. Not about a game like TLOU2 or GOW where we kinda know what to expect.
You really took Horizon PC reveal and Sony silence pretty personally. Go play other games, watch Netflix and just do something else.
You should really stop using the Horizon Zero Dawn PC reveal to excuse the lack of GoT or even PS5 informations.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uhh, we had A LOT of people claiming that the God of War first gameplay demo was smoke and mirrors and that Santa Monica was hiding the combat for many months to come.

Yes, we need to see more regular gameplay from Ghost of Tsushima, but people claiming things were different with God of War are just being unfair.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
Cuz Everytime somebody mention it everybody in this thread jump down they neck that a gameplay demo was shown two years ago. It's OK to ask for gameplay for the $60 game you think you might wanna buy

Yeah, but it's coming in late June, we're in the middle of March with several other games coming out before that. It's not like it's out this week.

I'm sure they'll talk about how things work and whatnot.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We didn't get a look (of any kind) at the systems of the game or the user experience. Also, LOL @ GoT being the highlight of 2018, a year in which God of War and Spider-Man released.

One of the highlights of E3, the game didnt launch yet obviously so I dont see the point of your comparasion

You are trying way too hard

Just wait for news, we had the first press hands on of GOW 1.5 months before the game released.

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, we had A LOT of people claiming that the God of War first gameplay demo was smoke and mirrors and that Santa Monica was hiding the combat for many months to come.

Yes, we need to see more regular gameplay from Ghost of Tsushima, but people claiming things were different with God of War are just being unfair.
This I agree with GOW,Tlou2 and got pretty much fall under the same category. Horizon got more info and gameplay at gamescom the same year so that one not in the mix

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Cuz Everytime somebody mention it everybody in this thread jump down they neck that a gameplay demo was shown two years ago. It's OK to ask for gameplay for the $60 game you think you might wanna buy

It is fine to be: "Dam i really wanna see Ghost gameplay!"

Instead of: "Sony being silent about Ghost is alarming! They are doing terrible marketing and the game is releasing in three months!"

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
When did he make that post? Also it is totally not out of the realm of possibility it could just have been a guess. Although guessing 1.82 ghz is surprising to be honest.
He made it a few months ago. and no, this is way too specific to be a guess, at least for the xbox specs.

I hope not. Jack of All Controllers is a site, so bad, it's kinda Tidux in website form.
Jack of All Controllers just report on a poster from the other forum, its not a rumor from them, but this user suddenly gains a lot of legitimacy to his words regarding specs.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The majority of the GoT footage is cutscene stuff and characters talking. All we see is some small gameplay "seconds" here and there and the main character riding a horse. We got 7 - 10 minutes gameplay trailers for Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, God of War, etc. Why not for Ghost of Tsushima?
Again, this game will launch in 3 1/2 months and we have barely seen anything gameplay-wise. It's long overdue.

They revealed God of War with a 10-minutes gameplay video/demo.
That 10 min gameplay consist of story scene, a short combat with grunt enemies and troll boss battle. Very comparable to Tsushima demo where it show some story cutscene, short combat with 3 or 4 grunt enemies and a boss battle.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watch the trailer again. Gameplay-wise it almost doesn'tt reveal anything. And we are talking about a new IP here. Not about a game like TLOU2 or GOW where we kinda know what to expect.

You should really stop using the Horizon Zero Dawn PC reveal to excuse the lack of GoT or even PS5 informations.

Oh my God lmao

It is smoke and mirorrs all over again

What is up with people's impatience? You are all going to have your PS5 news, your GOT news, your TLOU2 news

These are all multimillion dollar projects with an specialized marketing team behind all of them. I am pretty sure they know what they are doing better than us.

Keep calm.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
GOW where we kinda know what to expect.

GoW was complitely different to old games. We saw some cutscenes and small amount of combat. Exactly like we saw with GoT.

I am not. It just seems you are so upset about those, that now you are upset on everything Sony does.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is up with people's impatience?
That's what happens when you stay silent for amost 2 years, with some small and short State of Plays here and there.
I am not. It just seems you are so upset about those, that now you are upset on everything Sony does.
It's just legit criticism. GoT not showing enough gameplay details, SIE kinda being silent for over a year and barely any PS5 news isn't a good look. Not everything Sony does is "amazing". Some people need to realize that. Funny that I have to say this.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
There is a reason why this guy got banned from the other forum.
there is still no denying that their GPU specs for xbox were accurate, and this isnt something that you can guess for this accuracy, maybe if he said 1.8ghz, but he went ahead and said 1.82. its clear that they know something, whether only for xbox or both, time will tell.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Oh my God lmao

It is smoke and mirorrs all over again

What is up with people's impatience? You are all going to have your PS5 news, your GOT news, your TLOU2 news

These are all multimillion dollar projects with an specialized marketing team behind all of them. I am pretty sure they know what they are doing better than us.

Keep calm.

Exactly. Like Sony marketing has been on fire this gen! I trust them 100%

Jan 20, 2019
reading this thread/forum makes me think Thanos had the right idea

Off topic, i actualy agree with is ideia

He is not using as excuse, he is tell you to go outside and relax because you having being losing your shit for the past couple days.

Relax.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone tell me if I change my PSN nick I can lost trophies/games?
I don't think games are lost. Trophies are not lost but progression within some trophies myght get lost. Say you have a save file in a game where you found 90/100 purple ancle casts, they might still be collected on the save file but not in the trophy progress.

Here's an official list from Sony on games where issues might appear. Dont know if it will be updated or when it was updated last.

Not sure on how PS3, PSP and Vita are handling theese problems though. I kinda want to chande ID myself but i am worried about the PS3 games/save files/PSN-games and trophies.

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder how Sony is gonna handle its marketing and especially early hands-on with how close it is to Part II. Hands-on stuff should be soon because otherwise it will overlap with the The Last of Us Part II pre-launch hypetrain.

They won't inviting journalists to any events where they can control the experience so it will be interesting for sure.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
That's what happens when you stay silent for amost 2 years, with some small and short State of Plays here and there.

It's just legit criticism. GoT not showing enough gameplay details, SIE kinda being silent for over a year and barely any PS5 news isn't a good look. Not everything Sony does is "amazing". Some people need to realize that. Funny that I have to say this.

I have critized Sony many times and will do it on the future too. There isn't any reason to do it now.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there is still no denying that their GPU specs for xbox were accurate, and this isnt something that you can guess for this accuracy, maybe if he said 1.8ghz, but he went ahead and said 1.82. its clear that they know something, whether only for xbox or both, time will tell.
I doubt that there exists a person who knows those details for box next-gen consoles. But hey, let's wait a few more months until we get the final specs from Sony.
There isn't any reason to do it now.
There are many reasons lately. Manchester Studio, Naughty Dog crunch, SIE silence regarding PS5 updates, etc. Criticism is fine.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Tommy Fisher nailed the specs,12.1 TF RDNA 2.0 , 52 CUs , 1.82 all in December. No one said the same as him and he was spot on.

I don't think games are lost. Trophies are not lost but progression within some trophies myght get lost. Say you have a save file in a game where you found 90/100 purple ancle casts, they might still be collected on the save file but not in the trophy progress.

Here's an official list from Sony on games where issues might appear. Dont know if it will be updated or when it was updated last.

Not sure on how PS3, PSP and Vita are handling theese problems though. I kinda want to chande ID myself but i am worried about the PS3 games/save files/PSN-games and trophies.
Tks

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
I'm curious, are the demands for GoT gameplay because some people just think we haven't seen enough? Or is there an implication that something may be wrong with the title? This isn't a situation similar to The Order 1886.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, are the demands for GoT gameplay because some people just think we haven't seen enough? Or is there an implication that something may be wrong with the title? This isn't a situation similar to The Order 1886.
I'm 100% sure some ppl wanna troll and the bolded is the motive however I speak for myself and I don't think we've seen much of anything for a title out in 4 months whether I think it's gonna be good or not.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually Days gone had previews in May 2018 , gameinformer coverage June 2018 with about a total of 2 hours of gameplay than more previews in March 2019
Well said.
I'm curious, are the demands for GoT gameplay because some people just think we haven't seen enough? Or is there an implication that something may be wrong with the title?
Didn't someone say it got rebooted mid-development, or was that BS?

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I doubt that there exists a person who knows those details for box next-gen consoles. But hey, let's wait a few more months until we get the final specs from Sony.

There are many reasons lately. Manchester Studio, Naughty Dog crunch, SIE silence regarding PS5 updates, etc. Criticism is fine.

And i did about ND case. Horizon, silence about PS5 and GoT isn't reason.

Look at Nintendo Switch and how it was handled. That console is massive succes.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Of course there are people that know the specs for both next-gen consoles. Some people have known for quite awhile. Just because they aren't tooting their horn about it or bragging about it does not mean people do not know.

Most people respect their business relationships within the industry too much.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

I hope and pray the PS4 is 9.whatever tflops. The strength is in the quality of said developers and the only way the enthusiast conversation changes for good is for PS to launch with the "weaker" console and still create ip that is unmatched.

Your prayers won't be answered.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Haven't seen a gameplay demo since E3 2018 and with Part II releasing in late May the window of when they can show more without having the launch marketing for Part II overlapping it is closing in.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I'm 100% sure some ppl wanna troll and the bolded is the motive however I speak for myself and I don't think we've seen much of anything for a title out in 4 months whether I think it's gonna be good or not.
Facts...I have no idea how deep the RPG elements are, the customization for character look, the combat engine, stealth etc...all I really know about Ghost is the back story and that it's beautiful. I'm leaning on the side of of optimism though because it ain't like SP is known for shallow gameplay.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I expect we will see gameplay introduction videos for Ghost of Tsushima similar to those that days gone and RDR2 have.

Oct 25, 2017
Facts...I have no idea how deep the RPG elements are, the customization for character look, the combat engine, stealth etc...all I really know about Ghost is the back story and that it's beautiful. I'm leaning on the side of of optimism though because it ain't like SP is known for shallow gameplay.
Sp is my second favorite Sony studio after media molecule so of course I'm more toward optimism to I also know they know how to do some gameplay so when they present like a cinematic trailer to me with quick gameplay cuts this late in the game it's not really doing it for me. Two years ago? Sure hype thru the roof but at this moment a days gone World Series trailer type thing would be good or even just another trailer that's more focused on showing the game side of things other than the environments and story. That's all I want

I see a lot of ppl mentioning the days gone World Series trailers those came out about dec/January so if we use those ghost shouldn't be too far off

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
The only thing that matters is that more footage, previews and reviews are available before june 26th. I dont care if there is new stuff tomorrow or on the 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.