• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS5? lol

Jimbo more concerned about what to release on pc next.

Kaz should have stayed atleast until the ps5 release.

Oct 25, 2017
+1

I actually quite liked the gameplay we got in 2018 but I'd like to see more moment to moment stuff. Maybe some stealth actually, seeing as that's like half the game.
No ghost gameplay, don't even think we've seen a hdd. Can't tell you how much works really. There's no waypoints and the e3 demo was a side quest that's about all I got. Would've been cool at least if they did it the tlou2 way announce the date and all that gameplay followed

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
It does exist and from my point of view, their marketing team has been doing an excellent job. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and with so much news coming out from all over the world right now, it's better to say exactly what you want to say when you want to say it, rather than panic and start launching missiles that scatter all over the place.

The only reason their silence "speaks volumes" is because you want it to. Stop doomsaying and be patient. It'll be worth it.

Exactly. Why should they blow their load (lol) so early. It's like 7-8 months before these consoles are coming to customers.

Look at Nintendo Switch. We got specs and everything 3 months before launch or something like that. Just because we already want to know everything, doesn't mean their marketing is bad.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Except in 2013 their wasnt a pandemic occurring. For all we know Sony planned to reveal already but are waiting for the world to stabilize a bit. The virus is on everyone's minds and Sony might want to wait that out a bit more before sharing.
Pretty sure the virus affects Microsoft, too. And they don't have any issues to reveal XSX informations and specs since December 2019.

A lot of people are at home right now. Surfing through the internet and having too much time. Revealing some PS5 news these days would be great actually. But them not doing it.... yeah, whatever. Sony's messaging is a mess right now.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
So that Tommy Fisher perfectly guessed that XSX specs (52cu at 1.82GHz for 12.1TF) and guessed PS5 at 13.3TF (52cu at 2GHz)

Wonder if Sony has really something at 13.3TF and just waits to blow out everyone

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I actually like to see these videos and think I'm watching an advance on PS5. The systems are said to be similar enough for any function seen here to exist also on Sony's side. Shorter loading times, for example, was one of the first things we knew about the system.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
BetterWarlikeBluewhale-max-1mb.gif

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Pretty sure the virus affects Microsoft, too. And they don't have any issues to reveal XSX informations and specs since December 2019.

A lot of people are at home right now. Surfing through the internet and having too much time. Revealing some PS5 news these days would be great actually. But them not doing it.... yeah, whatever. Sony's messaging is a mess right now.

Oh I agree there is more then one way to deal with what's going on but even though the core gamers are all home and will see this news, the casual gamer might not becuase of all the other things happening.

We just dont know right now if MS revealing info during the pandemic is the better decision. They most likely are just sticking to their release plans and Sony may have chose to reschedule around the crisis. I'm fairly confident it will be a moot point once Sony drops their info and things are close to what MS has.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Which is funny, you'd assume people would have played a turn-based RPG or strategy game before...Or hell, played anything that required any semblance of forward thinking...

People are fundamentally competitive, and seeing "X" happen while "Y" didn't will have people asking "why isn't Y doing X instead" because in the moment that is what matters.

Less we forget, not that long ago we had a slate of pathetic fools being getting wrangled up over their the idea that exiting video game events because of occupational and public health concerns was an overreaction or how Nintendo choosing to "deviate" from their Nintendo Direct presentation non-committed schedule of having one in January/Feb caused people to fucking panic.

May 17, 2018
Good lord, some of y'all blaming them for not reacting to a worldwide, deadly pandemic and releasing news about a fuckin game console. Incredible.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Oh I agree there is more then one way to deal with what's going on but even though the core gamers are all home and will see this news, the casual gamer might not becuase of all the other things happening.

We just dont know right now if MS revealing info during the pandemic is the better decision. They most likely are just sticking to their release plans and Sony may have chose to reschedule around the crisis. I'm fairly confident it will be a moot point once Sony drops their info and things are close to what MS has.
Doubt it. But let's see what they have planned now. Gonna be interesting, because SIE these days is a comedy goldmine.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
No ghost gameplay, don't even think we've seen a hdd. Can't tell you how much works really. There's no waypoints and the e3 demo was a side quest that's about all I got. Would've been cool at least if they did it the tlou2 way announce the date and all that gameplay followed
Didn't they say no hud? They also show the MC with a bow on the box art and we haven't seen that yet either. I don't need convincing but others might.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
these posts are getting irritating
I'm sure it's irritating but that is exactly what jim is doing. I mean come on how do you announce hzd for pc and not give anything out for the ps5?

Specs are probably finalized by now what are they waiting for? A proper event? Cause that shit ain't happening any time soon.

Good lord, some of y'all blaming them for not reacting to a worldwide, deadly pandemic and releasing news about a fuckin game console. Incredible.
Yet MS are doing just fine. And you don't need to risk anyones lives with announcing specs and ps5 features at the very least.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Some people think a blowout on a console during a pandemic is a good idea is really odd.

I definitely think it's a good idea. People need to distract themselves from this stuff for a bit. Heightened stress can adversely affect your immune system. I personally needed some exciting information this morning to help push through this week.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017

Doubt it. But let's see what they have planned now. Gonna be interesting, because SIE these days is a comedy goldmine.

That last sentence is where I think the issue is. That may be true among a certain subset of gamers but too most core and especially casual gamers Sony still makes great games and is releasing a huge game in 2 months. Those people are not mocking them for being silent.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's irritating but that is exactly what jim is doing. I mean come on how do you announce hzd for pc and not give anything out for the ps5?

Specs are probably finalized by now what are they waiting for? A proper event? Cause that shit ain't happening any time soon.

Yet MS are doing just fine. And you don't need to risk anyones lives with announcing specs and ps5 features at the very least.

They don't want to start the hype up for a console that might not make it's 2020 expected date, that's all it is.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely think it's a good idea. People need to distract themselves from this stuff for a bit. Heightened stress can adversely affect your immune system. I personally needed some exciting information this morning to help push through this week.
No its really not so many places on lock down so many people worried and dying a console aint going to cheer them up its silly.

We dont even know if consoles even launching this year, this virus is going to change alot of things as things gets worse worldwide everyday.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Difference is MS released some infos regularly since Dec with a reveal of the console itself
So before the COVID 19 blowout, there was concrete information on Series X

Even with 2 Wired articles, we don't have "concrete" info about PS5, except some general stuff

If Sony want to fully reveal their console without being flooded by COVID-19 news, they will probably wait for that situation to calm a bit

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

I mean I don't even get where this is coming from. Has internet use signficantly reduced in the last few weeks? If not, then releasing more info is perfectly valid, and will be picked up upon. The DF video has already got a tidy amount of views, so obviously people are watching...

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
No its really not so many places on lock down so many people worried and dying a console aint going to cheer them up its silly.

We dont even know if consoles even launching this year, this virus is going to change alot of things.

Everything going further dark will cause more panic. It's good to have news in dark times to help alleviate some anxiety. Like I said before, less stress=stronger immune system. Plus these events are planned and shot weeks in advanced so this is why we're getting them now. I hope we get more and I foresee a Nintendo Direct. One of the things that are going to help people get through this is video games.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Difference is MS released some infos regularly since Dec with a reveal of the console itself
So before the COVID 19 blowout, there was concrete information on Series X

Even with 2 Wired articles, we don't have "concrete" info about PS5, except some general stuff

If Sony want to fully reveal their console without being flooded by COVID-19 news, they will probably wait for that situation to calm a bit

What we know about Series X that really matters on concrete representation of what the games will be :

-SSD technology with less loading times
-Hardware based Ray-Tracing

What we know about PS5 that really matters on concret representation of what games will be :

-Hardware based Ray-Tracing.

The rest, is "concrete" but knowing about "12 Teraflops" "RNDA 2" and stuff doesn't really help on imagine what will the games be...

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I don't even get where this is coming from. Has internet use signficantly reduced in the last few weeks? If not, then releasing more info is perfectly valid, and will be picked up upon. The DF video has already got a tidy amount of views, so obviously people are watching...

People are very worried and it's understandable. But the notion that everything should just stop is quite ridiculous. I fully agree with large public gatherings to halt because that's a health risk. But videos on the internet that were filmed like a week ago? C'mon now. People need to be a little more rational. All of these precautions are being made (in America) in order to keep from literally flooding our healthcare system. But this is Resetera.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
What we know about Series X that really matters on concrete representation of what the games will be :

-Hardware based Ray-Tracing

What we know about PS5 that really matters on concret representation of what games will be :

-Hardware based Ray-Tracing.

The rest, is "concrete" but knowing about "12 Teraflops" "RNDA 2" and stuff doesn't really help on imagine what will the games be...
And yet, the other stuff is important + clear communication, something Sony didn't reveal yet and lacks right now
That's why so many people spam their post asking PS5 reveal

The SSD technology with less loading times would have been cool with a concrete demo showing this on PlayStation YouTube and not via a leaked video of a journalist during a conf call some days after the Wired article

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I consider more baffling than any of this that Capcom is able to do an Open Beta for the multiplayer side of Resi 3, yet Sony of all companies restricts the trial of Predator (one of their games) to PS Plus users.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
So that Tommy Fisher perfectly guessed that XSX specs (52cu at 1.82GHz for 12.1TF) and guessed PS5 at 13.3TF (52cu at 2GHz)

Wonder if Sony has really something at 13.3TF and just waits to blow out everyone
Well since the reveal MS hasn't called the S most powerful next gen console when they did before it was revealed so maybe.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're 3 months away from GoT and yet we haven't gotten a single lick of unedited gameplay or hands on from the press.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
We're 3 months away from GoT and yet we haven't gotten a single lick of unedited gameplay or hands on from the press.
Seriously, this is something worth bitching about. Folks are crying about how many jiggawhats their next $500 console might be while I just want to know how a game that comes out 3 months from now actually plays moment to moment. Hell, we still only have B-roll footage for The Last of Us 2.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I really wonder how Sony is gonna handle its marketing and especially early hands-on with how close it is to Part II. Hands-on stuff should be soon because otherwise it will overlap with the The Last of Us Part II pre-launch hypetrain.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Sony has already made it very clear that it will not do anything "just" because Microsoft is throwing Series X info out there. Today will be no different.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Why are you thinking MS and Sony are the same ?
Just in mindshare MS is far behind Sony .
Even in term of marketing plans there different since Sony cancel stuff way before everyone else and they were also not going at E3.
In fact if the virus effect launch Sony will feel it much more than MS since the would need to ship more console than them since they sell more in other regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.