• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
Sony has done a huge disservice to themselves. ( If )they have a weaker console they should have revealed the specs before MS and show next gen games.

Last edited:

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
No, it will be a Sega Saturn situation. Just imagine the hype

o48PqBU.gif
would be clutch if we could pre order right after the conference. that would be hype as well

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking thank you. They sure ain't care about what was coming out when they first started randomly dropping ps5 news
Yep.
Sony hasn't been silent. We know a lot about the PS5 (SSD, 3D audio, haptic feedback to name a few).
The reason Sony is silent currently is because they're not ready yet for the full reveal. Probably be May/June for one big information blow out.
We know some basic things. That's about it. Their messaging is awful right now. And they know it, too. Them still not saying anything says a lot. If they still aren't "ready" yet, in the middle of March 2020, then they clearly have some issues. And as you can see, the competition doesn't have any issues at all showing their stuff. And it's impressive stuff.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
COVID-19 has fucked everyone's plans. Shit is unpredictable now.

Especially if the economy gets worse & everyone, worldwide, is rightly more reserve for the holidays, buying only emergency supplies or saving for worst case scenarios. Feels like we're at the point where it's a safer bet that Sony rides out the silence, boosting only TLOU Part II & Ghost of Tsushima then depending on how the COVID-19 situation goes in the summer, they may not even do a huge PS5 Reveal at all til 2021. Gotta consider how it affecting their devs too.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

We know some basic things. That's about it. Their messaging is awful right now. And they know it, too. Them still not saying anything says a lot. If they still aren't "ready" yet, in the middle of March 2020, then they clearly have some issues. And as you can see, the competition doesn't have any issues at all showing their stuff. And it's impressive stuff.

MS is showing basic things as well. Suspend resume and load times are something we knew back in the original wired article

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I know people will think I'm crazy but I'm still not expecting a huge PS5 info blowout (specs, feature reveals and game reveals) until late June at the earliest. We know for a fact that Microsoft should be doing their game reveals around when E3 was supposed to be (unless they're completely rescheduling), if Sony goes just a few weeks before that they risk being blown out of the water by a strong Microsoft presentation just a few weeks later, meaning they'd lose control of the conversation and would need to have a 2nd presentation relatively shortly after the first one to take control back.
I think Sony is fine with Microsoft completely dominating the conversation right now because the months right before launch are way more important.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking thank you. They sure ain't care about what was coming out when they first started randomly dropping ps5 news

People are also forgetting 2013, when they had a PS Meeting in February and E3 before The Last of Us came out. They're not waiting for GoT and TLoU2 to come out to drop news, that's illogical. I don't really know what they're doing anymore and the fact that Microsoft is being so upfront about everything so consistently just looks understandably bad to a lot of fans (who are the ones that you need to get onboard first and foremost), even if in the end, people will absolutely pay attention when PS5 is fully announced and revealed.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Yep.

Awful because you want the the information now? Yeah the series X is impressive. I'm sure the PS5 will be as well. I don't see why Sony has to release more information now? They started dropping information 11 months ago. If I were them, I'd also wait until May/June for a full information blowout. Why copy what the others are doing?

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Sony has done a huge disservice to themselves. If they had a weaker console they should have revealed the spec before MS and show next gen games.

You mean they might have done a disservice to themselves since the console being weaker is still an "if". One area I'm sure Sony is confident is in the SSD. I'm also holding onto the fact MS marketing only claims to be the best xbox ever as a sign even they know it's a tight race.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised XBOX is showcasing their new hardware with Halo, Gears, and Forza. The specs and internals are fantastic for us. I was really intrigued but how it all comes together.

But I doubt it'll gain broader traction. I doubt that combined those vids hit a million views in a day because again, the only conversation that matters, is games. And I'm not sure how Ray tracing minecraft gets that broader interest. Also I'm seeing zero traction on social media.

pEXoNMZ.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of dropping news right now is odd. Friday feels like a month ago Covid-19 is all anyone is talking about online or otherwise.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MS is showing basic things as well. Suspend resume and load times are something we knew back in the original wired article
We have a full spec sheet since today. And we knew XSX had 12TF RDNA2, etc. for weeks already.
Remember the last time a console manufacturer revealed their console specs earlier and the other one was silent (for a certain reason) and waited a few months? It was in 2013 and we all saw happened this gen.
But I doubt it'll gain broader traction. I doubt that combined those vids hit a million views in a day because again, the only conversation that matters, is games. And I'm not sure how Ray tracing minecraft gets that broader interest. Also I'm seeing zero traction on social media.

pEXoNMZ.jpg
It's doing good and is trending (#1) in germany right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony isn't MS and MS isn't Sony. One releasing info shouldn't prompt the other to in response.

series x looks great and I'm sure PS5 will be as well. They straight up said they'll release info when ready

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
]
Yeah they aren't broke but if they couldn't get Crash what are the chances they get Konami IPs? They spent the entire gen hyping up Crash from the reveal of the PS4 using Crash music and criptic pics of Crash in advertising to after the trilogy launched all for it to still be under Activision and go multiplatform once again.
Was Crash and Spyro IPs for sale?
Doubt Activision was trying to sell those IPs. Especially after the huge sucess of the Skylanders.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Ghost of Tsushima is the last big exclusive for the PS4 right? In that case I wouldn't expect any news on PS5 until that game is released.
People always bring this theory up and yet Sony still continue to prove them wrong.

"They wont reveal Spider-Man news till God of War is out"

"They wont reveal TLoU2 news till DS is out"

"They wont reveal GoT news till TLoU2 is out"

Those are just the major ones that were continually bounded about off the top of my head. It's like people think Sony is such a singularly limited company that they can only handle announcing and focusing on one thing at a time. Anything more than that and they'd flop from the overload or something.

These products are so massively popular that they're able to succeed even without being the single point of focus. Honestly how many people are less hyped/focused on TLoU2 since GoT had it's release date announced? Do people seriously think either game is going to suffer commercially because they didn't have 6 months of exclusively attention dedicated to just them alone? It's irrational. If companies operated like this the output would be dreadful.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of dropping news right now is odd. Friday feels like a month ago Covid-19 is all anyone is talking about online or otherwise.
GDC was supposed to start today, I'm guessing MS was always going to reveal specs today and simply haven't altered course.

That being said, PS5's reveal is just impossible to speculate about at this point. Sony's timeline for sure doesn't depend on what MS is doing and COVID-19 is changing the world as we speak. Saying Sony hasn't revealed their specs because they are for sure weaker than Series X is a leap in logic too far but obviously one I expect to see on a message board.

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
MS revealed a detailed spec sheet today. They announed 12TF RDNA2, etc. a long time ago.
Remember the last time a console manufacturer revealed their specs earlier and the other one was silent and revealed theirs months later? It was in 2013.
Yeah, it's clear Sexies X is most powerful. It's was not a big deal, until Sony decides to not have exclusives anymore.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Does it really matter? The PlayStation 5 will outsell the new Xbox anyway, regardless of whatever both companies come up with. Sony can sit back and relax, release TloU2 and Ghost, put a new PlayStation in the stores and not worry all that much.

The PlayStation brand is strong.

Oct 25, 2017
Does it really matter? The PlayStation 5 will outsell the new Xbox anyway, regardless of whatever both companies come up with. Sony can sit back and relax, release TloU2 and Ghost, put a new PlayStation in the stores and not worry all that much.

But why should we care about that at all. What's that got to do with anything anybody said. Nobody here works there

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

I don't think anyone here is concerned how much it will sell (at least I'm not), we just bored for the lack of news lol

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

This isn't how marketing works...at all. The second your marketing plan revolves solely around your competitors is the moment your marketing team has lost the plot.

Sony is clearly marching to the beat of their own drum and marketing-wise, its the right move.

Oct 25, 2017
GDC was supposed to start today, I'm guessing MS was always going to reveal specs today and simply haven't altered course.

That being said, PS5's reveal is just impossible to speculate about at this point. Sony's timeline for sure doesn't depend on what MS is doing and COVID-19 is changing the world as we speak. Saying Sony hasn't revealed their specs because they are for sure weaker than Series X is a leap in logic too far but obviously one I expect to see on a message board.

I posted that not realizing MS had posted anything today just figured it was the usual want for Sony to say something PS5 related. Can understand why MS would put this out if they had already planned to. Though if they had posted it a week ago it probably would have gotten twice the visibility, not to say they should have seen this coming but it's just a weird time in the world for news right now.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

Pretty much this.

Also people yet again forget that we are in gaming forum and consoles aren't coming in next 7 months. People here are just thirsty for information, but most gamers are in no hurry with next generation and Sony knows that too.

You can pretty easily spot console warriors in times like this.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't how marketing works...at all. The second your marketing plan revolves solely around your competitors is the moment your marketing team has lost the plot.

Sony is clearly marching to the beat of their own drum and marketing-wise, its the right move.
The beat of their own drum is awful. Simple as that. The PS5 marketing right now doesn't exist. They know their specs fo months already and they had no issues to mention the PS5 in April 2019. And now it's all about silence. Again, this speaks volumes.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Would think that people would know that but for some reason people think Sony has to respond to what MS doing .
I can understand if the release dates were soon but we months away with a virus messing thing up.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017

Like you would know anything about marketing ;)

Seriously, some people with this "omg sony, say something" are so fucking annoying.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
We have a full spec sheet since today. And we knew XSX had 12TF RDNA2, etc. for weeks already.
Remember the last time a console manufacturer revealed their console specs earlier and the other one was silent (for a certain reason) and waited a few months? It was in 2013 and we all saw happened this gen.

It's doing good and is trending (#1) in germany right now.

Except in 2013 their wasnt a pandemic occurring. For all we know Sony planned to reveal already but are waiting for the world to stabilize a bit. The virus is on everyone's minds and Sony might want to wait that out a bit more before sharing.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Was Crash and Spyro IPs for sale?
Doubt Activision was trying to sell those IPs. Especially after the huge sucess of the Skylanders.
Crash was long dead and they even took him off their site until Sony intervened. Spyro was another story but by 2017 skylanders was already fading. That said they didn't tease Spyro at all, only Crash.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
The beat of their own drum is awful. Simple as that. The PS5 marketing right now doesn't exist. They know their specs fo months already and they had no issues to mention the PS5 in April 2019. And now it's all about silence. Again, this speaks volumes.

It does exist and from my point of view, their marketing team has been doing an excellent job. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and with so much news coming out from all over the world right now, it's better to say exactly what you want to say when you want to say it, rather than panic and start launching missiles that scatter all over the place.

The only reason their silence "speaks volumes" is because you want it to. Stop doomsaying and be patient. It'll be worth it.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
I'm surprised XBOX is showcasing their new hardware with Halo, Gears, and Forza. The specs and internals are fantastic for us. I was really intrigued but how it all comes together.

pEXoNMZ.jpg
How you check it?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

It speaks that there plan has change and most likely dude to the virus .
Or did people forget Sony was the first company to start to pull there events and some people were making fun of them .
Either way they still have time .

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So following their on path is awful what the hell is going on here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
what do you want them to say? there's so much uncertainty right now. i bet behind the scenes, they're wondering if things are going to normalize sooner rather than later, and release the ps5 this year or not. if they don't even know that, then why would they announce a PSM or say much else about the ps5? face it, you're only upset cause xbox are mouthing off and you want sony to do the same. meanwhile, the ps4 is going to have plenty of games to play from now until june. chill

Status
Not open for further replies.