• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
When cares how old it is? That is completely irrelevant. Point is they don't care about exclusives any more after they played huge part in PS4's success. It's dumb and greedy to me.
A company wanting more money isn't greedy lmao

And exclusives are slowly going away as companies move toward ecosystems, deal with it.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LeftAltruisticGoitered-size_restricted.gif

:P
lol

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
When cares how old it is? That is completely irrelevant. Point is they don't care about exclusives any more after they played huge part in PS4's success. It's dumb and greedy to me.

Of course if you just declare "irrelevant" all the things that went not with your point of vue, you'll be right all the time for everything...

At least in your head...

Good luck with reallity !

Oct 25, 2017

And exclusives are slowly going away as companies move toward ecosystems, deal with it.

Steam is not Sony's ecosystem. And yes corporations can absolutely be greedy.

Of course if you just declare "irrelevant" all the things that went not with your point of vue, you'll be right all the time for everything...

At least in your head...

Good luck with reallity !

So if it was 6 months old how would that change anything? What about 3 months or even simultaneous release?

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

What does it change for exclusives if i have to use a Nintendo/Xbox/Playstation App on other devices?

Exclusives will still make a big difference. The Epic Store isn't trying to get exclusives just for shits and giggles.

You'll never see a Super Mario Game on the Xbox or Playstation Store. Maybe one day you can download a Nintendo App on ypour Xbox to pay Nintendo to play their game on that xbox. But Ms wont see a penny out of that.

Exclusives will at most go from locked to a hardware to locked to a service. One game here or there won't change that. Horizon, Ori, etc. aren't the whole catalogue. And especially not day 1.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Hulst's comments still feel like it will be a game by game decision if they end up on PC but who knows. That's how I read his comments at least.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Portbegging over a series of posts
So, my point remains.

How do PC gamers being able to play a game you played 3 years ago affect you in any way?

Save your meltdown for whenever a PS5 exclusive comes to PC day and date.

I want them to all go day and date PC. Now I may have to buy a PS5 just for timed exclusives. If it was day and date I could just ignore their console completely.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Well, If this decision bites them in the ass in the near future, they'll probably change quickly.
I think they won't see any consequences in short term (even after PS5 release)

Even the inevitable decline of PS+ subscribers will happen but will be due to console generation transition (same goes for number of games sold even if I predict that it will be still very high)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want them to all go day and date PC. Now I may have to buy a PS5 just for timed exclusives. If it was day and date I could just ignore their console completely.
Doesn't even need to be day-and-date PC release. It would be enough for me if they release their 1st party games 1 year later on PC. Enough reason for me to never buy a PS console again. More powerful hardware (PC), games are cheaper (PC), no paywall (PC) etc. etc. Gonna buy a few Sony 1st party games here and there thanks to those great Steam Sales. And that's about it. PC-only future here I come.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Probably even before we get PS5 info

The fact that we know SoP are coming back this year, but Sony continues to announce stuff like GoT's release, TLoU the TV series along with third party stuff like FF7R's demo and RE3R's demo outside of it makes it seem like the next SoP is going to be about the PS5. How they'll handle that will be the big question. A SoP to reveal the console and some games and then a press conference later on or another route. Because realistically they can't have a conference any time soon with the coronavirus going around.

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't even need to be day-and-date PC release. It would be enough for me if they release their 1st party games 1 year later on PC. Enough reason for me to never buy a PS console again. More powerful hardware (PC), games are cheaper (PC), no paywall (PC) etc. etc. Gonna buy a few Sony 1st party games here and there thanks to those great Steam Sales. And that's about it. PC-only future here I come.

Yeah and talking about doing it on case-by-case basis. Who came up with that idea? Give us standard parameters instead BS of meant keep us in the ecosystem.

We got a dollar store Phil Spencer. Copying Microsoft, but afraid to fully commit to anything they copying. If they didn't make my favorite games I would be so done.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
We don't have any info on how it'll work on Steam, could be a case of needing a PSN log-in. I doubt it, but still.

Also, it's age isn't irrelevant, just because it affects your argument.

Yep age\for how long is a huge factor in this .
Anyone that saying other wise don't pay attention to how media rights work and sales curve .
One of the biggest eg of this coming out in April FFVIIR .

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
The fact that we know SoP are coming back this year, but Sony continues to announce stuff like GoT's release, TLoU the TV series along with third party stuff like FF7R's demo and RE3R's demo outside of it makes it seem like the next SoP is going to be about the PS5. How they'll handle that will be the big question. A SoP to reveal the console and some games and then a press conference later on or another route. Because realistically they can't have a conference any time soon with the coronavirus going around.
Yeah but when?
Seems no one knows. No insider comes out and puts a date anymore.

And the ones that did were all wrong.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but when?
Seems no one knows. No insider comes out and puts a date anymore.

And the ones that did were all wrong.

If they were planning anything early this year, then it's safe to say that the coronavirus would've changed those plans. But Sony were meeting with Pete Hines last week to discuss the PS5. That was particularly notable because he said that he hadn't been to San Francisco in three years. The fact that whatever they discussed with him required him being there is interesting.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Everyone who thinks Sony's entire catalogue isn't coming to PC at some point is simply in full denial. The only way this doesn't happen is if Horizon is a huge fucking flop. God of War, Spider-Man, The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima etc. The question is when, not if. The only reason they're not admitting to it is because they obviously want to keep lost console sales to a minimum, especially considering we're in the year of the PS5's launch. If what I said above hasn't become a normal practice in 3 or so years I'll seriously be mindblown.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who thinks Sony's entire catalogue isn't coming to PC at some point is simply in full denial. The only way this doesn't happen is if Horizon is a huge fucking flop. God of War, Spider-Man, The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima etc. The question is when, not if. The only reason they're not admitting to it is because they obviously want to keep lost console sales to a minimum, especially considering we're in the year of the PS5's launch. If what I said above hasn't become a normal practice in 3 or so years I'll seriously be mindblown.
As much as I'd like it too, I really doubt their entire catalogue comes to PC.

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
This is my position on this as well. I think it'll happen between halfway and the end of next generation. All signs are pointing this way.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
This is my position on this as well. I think it'll happen between halfway and the end of next generation. All signs are pointing this way.

Imagine if this really happens and the PS5 is indeed way weaker than the Series X. This added to the possibility that Sony is unable to match Microsoft's services. The doom and gloom has come back in full force.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Hulst said absolutely nothing that precludes the possibility of all Sony games coming to PC. Only thing they are committed to is dedicated hardware. Not dedicated games, just timed exclusives.

Sony makes an absolutely obscene amount of money through PSN. PSN alone brings them in more money than the entirety of MS' gaming division as well as Nintendo. Putting all their games on another platform would absolutely kneecap that. And there's no way that whatever sales they do get from the games being on PC is going to offset to the loss that they'd take from losing that PSN penetration.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
One thing I have learn in this industry is to never say never even if it doesn't make any sense.

Same thing happenend with MS.
"Its just one game"
"Its a 2 years old port"
"Phil said its going to be case by case"

Then play anywhere happened. Just keep your mind open fam.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I think if this PC port business was going to be a common thing from Sony with their single player games, they would have put The Last of Us Remastered on Steam before Horizon Complete.

Although I mentioned before that it may just be an alternative strategy to win over PC gamers with the PS5, once they've played the first Horizon and see just how fucking amazing the sequel looks on this new hardware. The first game has sold over 10 million and more or less exhausted its part in PS4's success. Now they can use it to play a part in PS5's success.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who cares how old it is? That is completely irrelevant. Point is they don't care about exclusives any more after they played huge part in PS4's success. It's dumb and greedy to me. And he knew there would be a negative reaction so the weak damage control was built in.

It seems like the opposite that they even care about exclusives way, way more so that they bought Insomniac and more may be coming to make exclusive games.

That's an interesting read. I can tell you they are still selling dedicated hardware so it won't happen. Just look at PS's revenue source and you will see why they won't. If all the games you listed are on PC (not cloud version) within 3 years I'll buy you the entire Sony catalogue on whatever PC storefront you choose. You can bookmark this post.

Imagine if this really happens and the PS5 is indeed way weaker than the Series X. This added to the possibility that Sony is unable to match Microsoft's services. The doom and gloom has come back in full force.

On the flip side, if PS5 is stronger or equal to the Series X and they manage to transition the majority of PS4 owners to the PS5 with BC. Sony remains king for another gen.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I think if this PC port business was going to be a common thing from Sony with their single player games, they would have put The Last of Us Remastered on Steam before Horizon.

Although I mentioned before that it would be an alternative strategy to win over PC gamers with the PS5, once they've played the first Horizon and see just how fucking amazing the sequel looks on this new hardware.
Horizon is probably the first one because Kojima already did all the work for the PC version of the Decima engine.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony makes an absolutely obscene amount of money through PSN. PSN alone brings them in more money than the entirety of MS' gaming division as well as Nintendo. Putting all their games on another platform would absolutely kneecap that. And there's no way that whatever sales they do get from the games being on PC is going to offset to the loss that they'd take from losing that PSN penetration.

There is no real logical reason to put HZD on PC right now, but they are doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.