• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Oh, and for some reason, this interview on PS Blog made me think that they aren't buying/creating any new studios in the near future, or it would be announced today.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Oh, and for some reason, this interview on PS Blog made me think that they aren't buy/creating any new studios in the near future, or it would be announced today.
They might be waiting to announce any possible acquisitions alongside the studio's game. Like if they are acquiring Bluepoint I could see them making that announcement during the PS5 reveal when Bluepoint's game gets revealed.
Did u read the full quote? He said not all games will come.
Yeah, and he also said there's no plans for day and date releases yet Predator is a thing. If Horizon on PC is a big success they're 100% gonna bring everything they can over.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and for some reason, this interview on PS Blog made me think that they aren't buy/creating any new studios in the near future, or it would be announced today.

Why is there any correlation between the two? Sony doesn't make a big deal out of acquisitions so they wouldn't have reserved it for some blog interview.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Yes to experimentation. Yes to MP. Yes to anything they aren't currently doing.

I don't even have to like all of it. I just want them to continue exploring different routes because that is exciting.
Yes please.
Sony clearly has more data than any of us on crossover. They clearly see an opening with PC users that didn't play this game on PS4. Also a lot of you guys need to stop assuming there is this large base of console owners that just want to game on PC if games cease to stop being exclusive.

Also it just boils down to being salty. It's not your job to worry if one less PS5 is sold because of this move.
Agree with all of this. I don't know why people get angry when this possibility is even brought up. 1, who gives a shit if this negatively impacts Sony, we're not shareholders. And 2, if they do decide to release their games day and date, then I'm not sure why it has to be negative for the people in here who say they would move to pc . It's a platform of choice, not some social contract. You don't owe any major corporation anything, let alone loyalty to a console.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I literally had friend tell me he is basically done with PS and selling his Pro because of this news. I don't like it either, but I'm not swearing off the brand, yet. If they put all their games on PC I could just be a PC player and get all Sony and Microsoft games there. That wouldn't be so bad. The half-assing they are doing now is trying to have their cake and eat it too. Leaving you guessing which games might get ported and when. Not really feeling that at all.
Did nobody read the full quote?! They said they are dedicated to set hardware twice in the interview.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
How so?

They can announce an aquisition at any day of the week lol

Why is there any correlation between the two? Sony doesn't make a big deal out of acquisitions so they wouldn't have reserved it for some blog interview.

It was a interview mainly to say what has changed in the WWS since Hermen became the big boss. If a new studio had been acquired, I believe it would be a good place to make the announcement.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they fully commit to PC and announce a general guideline when their games will be available as I'll be able to save $800+ alone on hardware and services such as PS+ cost and put that money towards a PC and play Xbox games there as well.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
They might be waiting to announce any possible acquisitions alongside the studio's game. Like if they are acquiring Bluepoint I could see them making that announcement during the PS5 reveal when Bluepoint's game gets revealed.

Yeah, and he also said there's no plans for day and date releases yet Predator is a thing. If Horizon on PC is a big success they're 100% gonna bring everything they can over.
I honestly dont know that to say. Herman was a far cry from we will bring everything over if it does well. Brought up dedicated hardware twice and even reassured fans.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes please.

Agree with all of this. I don't know why people get angry when this possibility is even brought up. 1, who gives a shit if this negatively impacts Sony, we're not shareholders. And 2, if they do decide to release their games day and date, then I'm not sure why it has to be negative for the people in here who say they would move to pc . It's a platform of choice, not some social contract. You don't owe any major corporation anything, let alone loyalty to a console.

I would rather it be day and date then this piecemeal plan they have going. But they won't don't that because they want maximum console sales.

Did nobody read the full quote?! They said they are dedicated to set hardware twice in the interview.

That quote means nothing. It's damage control because they know it passed some people off. Dedicated hardware sure. Dedicated games...not so much.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

I expect them to bring everything over , the question is how long it will take .
IMO after the build a base or store and cloud gaming take off some more we will see them on PC the same day .
Until then at least 1 or 2 years afterwards .

fiveshift

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 10, 2018
And they will just wait for the late port to PC even if takes 3+ years. This literally does nothing to convince a PC gamer to buy a PS5. It gives confidence that every game will eventually get ported now.

People that are willing to do that simply never play Sony exclusive games anyway, so this hurts no one and is only a win-win for both PC players and Sony.

Those that have not played HZD and get HOOKED on the story WILL NOT wait 3 years to play the sequel on PC. That is what Sony is counting on regarding PS5.

And I doubt it will be all Sony games that come to PC, probably very case by case basis for many years.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I don't believe anything he says about exclusives going forward. How are they gonna determine which ones they want to port? They should take only on PlayStation off the box after Detroit and now HZD.
You believe the HZD PC statemet but not what he said right afterwards? Detroit was a different situation from HZD and with death stranding coming to PC I'm sure most of the work for HZD was done.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It was a interview mainly to say what has changed in the WWS since Hermen became the big boss. If a new studio had been acquired, I believe it would be a good place to make the announcement.

But there's no reason to think that they'd be tied to an interview. Sony literally dropped the announcement that they were acquiring Insomniac during the middle of gamescom.

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather it be day and date then this piecemeal plan they have going. But they won't don't that because they want maximum console sales.

That quote means nothing. It's damage control because they know it passed some people off. Dedicated hardware sure. Dedicated games...not so much.

Yea no shit they want to sell consoles. They also don't mind another revenue stream for a 3 year old game. Why are you so upset about this lol? If you want to get a PC to play PS5 games..Then do it. Just know you won't get it day and date. Nothing is stopping you from doing that.

It really just seems to boil to it not being only playable on playstation which IMO just boils down to straight fanboyism.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope they fully commit to PC and announce a general guideline when their games will be available as I'll be able to save $800+ alone on hardware and services such as PS+ cost and put that money towards a PC and play Xbox games there as well.

I would like to know that as well. Im a 2070 Super owner and if all is going to be released on PC (sooner or later) I have no reasons to spend the money on PS5 + the services. The PR from Sony made me more confused...

itsFizz

Oct 29, 2017
Not gonna quote everyone who replied to me, but let me explain my take on MP/LS-games: they often seem to be designed in a horribly wrong fashion of "Heres a money making-sheme with rather questionable practices, now build some sort of game around it!". Personally I selfishly prefer single player games without "time-savers" and the likes. Anyways PS will do whatever they think is best, weĺl see whether it works out or not.

Oct 25, 2017

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
But for real tho, they should look into doing something about those "Only on Playstation" labels going forward.
Simply shouldn't exist anymore. Just put a SIE sticker on there to make it clear that it's SIE developers/published.
I honestly dont know that to say. Herman was a far cry from we will bring everything over if it does well. Brought up dedicated hardware twice and even reassured fans.
You can be dedicated to hardware and still bring everything to PC. That's exactly what Microsoft is doing.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018

Dedicated hardware was used in the context of WWS developers. We are very "dedicated hardware game developers". Sounds like exclusives to me. I cant believe we are cleverly ignoring why HZD was chosen (hint hint its death stranding). Wheres LOU, God of War, Uncharted, Bloodborne? Did they give any indication that all games will come? What because predator an online only game is launching on PS4 and PC it means all exclusives are coming? I got many comments saved to come back here with.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
The PR is actually very clear.

Is not very clear, if im only interested in TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima ....I have no idea if they will be released on PC on later... also in the box: "Only on PlayStation". Saying they will support dedicated hardware and the games won't release same day on PS and PC it's not clear, at least for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea no shit they want to sell consoles. They also don't mind another revenue stream for a 3 year old game. Why are you so upset about this lol? If you want to get a PC to play PS5 games..Then do it. Just know you won't get it day and date. Nothing is stopping you from doing that.

It really just seems to boil to it not being only playable on playstation which IMO just boils down to straight fanboyism.

How is it fanboyism if I would rather have day and date PC release then some staggered bullshit?

Is not very clear, if im only interested in TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima ....I have no idea if they will be released on PC on later... also in the box: "Only on PlayStation". Saying they will support dedicated hardware and the games won't release same day on PS and PC it's not clear, at least for me.

It's not clear at all. It's intentionally vague. Please keep buying PS consoles because we won't be honest about our business plans.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I thought Herman's comments were enough to keep everyone calm in here following this news. I guess not. Man literally claims that this won't impact exclusives and they are trying to intrigue an audience who otherwise doesnt experience playstation. This is only going to result in more money for more games, and I can assure you a CONSOLE making company won't release its entire exclusive catalogue on PC. why? Because they aren't doing it now. A select few games coming to PC with most being smaller second party games. Sony knows first party titles are critical to their business, there is a reason Ps outsold xbox this gen

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I expect them to bring everything over , the question is how long it will take .
IMO after the build a base or store and cloud gaming take off some more we will see them on PC the same day .
Until then at least 1 or 2 years afterwards .
I dont even think launching 1 to 2 years down the line is coming anytime soon. HZD is a far cry from their entire collection especially considering death stranding laying the groundwork.

Oct 25, 2017

It is clear. They said you won't get games day and date. Now if you want to ditch the PS console and beef up your PC in hopes you'll get these games at some point. Thats your choice. Come on now. You guys CAN think for yourselves. HZD was chosen simply because DS did the heavy lifting here. It's not rocket science.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Simply shouldn't exist anymore. Just put a SIE sticker on there to make it clear that it's SIE developers/published.

You can be dedicated to hardware and still bring everything to PC. That's exactly what Microsoft is doing.
See my other comment and read the article. You clearly dont recognize the context with which dedicated hardware was used.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
Sony makes their money from PSN. People buying into their ecosystem. Once their games are on PC their will only receive the money from those games and the rest will be taken by Steam or Epic.

The people that will move from PS to PC are less likely to be casuals and will be more power user who invest a lot in games. The loss of those will be severe and unlike Microsoft Sony is not invested in the PC space with an operating system or a download based subscription base or similar products and services.

It will be interesting to see Sonys strategy here. I wonder how long Nintendo will persevere.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
It is clear. They said you won't get games day and date. Now if you want to ditch the PS console and beef up your PC in hopes you'll get these games at some point. Thats your choice. Come on now. You guys CAN think for yourselves. HZD was chosen simply because DS did the heavy lifting here. It's not rocket science.

It's not clear at all.

And to maybe put a few minds at ease, releasing one first-party AAA title to PC doesn't necessarily mean that every game now will come to PC. In my mind, Horizon Zero Dawn was just a great fit in this particular instance. We don't have plans for day and date [PC releases], and we remain 100% committed to dedicated hardware.

We don't know what criteria they are going to follow to pick the games that will release on PC. And we don't know how much time between the release date...

And that's the confusing part.... Should I upgrade my PC or should I buy the PS5? No idea what's better for me, because now I don't know if a game will be released on PC..., it's not rocket science, as you said. ;)

Oct 25, 2017
How is it fanboyism if I would rather have day and date PC release then some staggered bullshit?

Because you're ignoring what he's saying then and being upset about it. You're choosing not to believe his actual words. He said games aren't going to come day and date and you said you don't believe it because it's PR. If you want to play PS4/PS5 games day and date. Get the console. It's that simple.

And also. This is directed at everyone. NO one gives a crap about "only on Playstation" being on the box. Only yall making a big issue out of it.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
It means you will be waiting a long ass time for those games if they come at all. Judging from track record they also won't come at all.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not clear at all.

We don't know what criteria they are going to follow to pick the games that will release on PC. And we don't know how much time between the release date...

And that's the confusing part.... Should I upgrade my PC or should I buy the PS5? No idea what's better for me, because now I don't know if a game will be released on PC..., it's not rocket science, as you said. ;)

If you want to play a PS4/PS5 game day and date of release. Get the console. Pretty clear in my book.

But do what you want. If you'd rather wait. That's awesome. Fact is this move doesn't impact gamers negatively at all. But it's being treated as negative information lol.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
I have a PC and I'm fine with still getting a PS5. I'm not going to wait for some of the exclusives they offer even if they were 100% clear about timeframes between PS5 and PC releases. Especially if the PS5 turns out to be a strong value for its price point hardware wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.