• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
2020 looking pretty good so far 😉
Dreams - February 14th
Nioh 2 - March 13th
MLB The Show 20 - March 13th
Persona 5 Royal - March 31st
Final Fantasy VII Remake - April 10th
Predator: Hunting Grounds - April 24th
Iron Man VR - May 15th
The Last of Us Part II - May 29th
Ghost of Tsushima - June 26th

And that's only the console exclusive stuff.
And that's without taking PS5 launch into account. 😮

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Ratchet and Clank and Demon's Souls Remake will make this the literal best year in PS history!

tenor.gif

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Last edited:

Backers

Apr 10, 2018
Bordeaux, France
Oh my god Days Gone is fking amazing ! I launched it something like 6 month ago then dropped it (didn't had time to play).
I just launched the game again today and oh my god, that's the best zombie game i've ever played.
I had to search for a bunker and found it at night, couldn't see shit so I lit my flashlight on and oh my god... one of the scarriest moment of my life. Dozens of undeads were sitting in the dark, did look at me at the same time and instantly stood up and ran towards me (I died btw)

Can't wait to go back !

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully they'll show a gameplay demo from GOT soon, I really want to be certain they are keeping the full screen for gameplay like the E3 2018 demo.

The TGA and launch trailer had those black bars for the whole thing including gameplay but I hope it was just to make it more cinematic.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
please gaming god let Tsushima be a success !
It will be the Horizon moment for Sucker Punch :D

The only disappointing thing with TLOU Part II and Ghost of Tsushima is their release date, both will have only few days counted for the NPD monthly report :(

I wanted TLOU Part II to be the biggest or 2nd biggest launch for a Sony game, same for GOT to be the biggest launch for Sucker Punch and top 5 launch for a Sony game with a proper month launch (with at least 21 days counted)... too bad

Oct 25, 2017
It will be the Horizon moment for Sucker Punch :D

The only disappointing thing with TLOU Part II and Ghost of Tsushima is their release date, both will have only few days counted for the NPD monthly report :(

I wanted TLOU Part II to be the biggest or 2nd biggest launch for a Sony game, same for GOT to be the biggest launch for Sucker Punch and top 5 launch for a Sony game with a proper month launch (with at least 21 days counted)... too bad

TLOU2 will end up a top 3 all-time selling Sony first party game. GoT is harder to guage, but I think it comes does better than Days Gone, but worse than Horizon Zero Dawn. 5 to 6 million seems like a reasonable estimate although it could shatter that.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said, I think it will be. But it never has been confirmed. So far we only know that they are working on a standalone multiplayer game. I hope it will be ready around the PS5 launch.

What else could it be? They said it started off as the MP for TLOU2, but their ambitions became too big for it to just be a mode for that game. It will definitely be set in TLOU universe.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Oh my god Days Gone is fking amazing ! I launched it something like 6 month ago then dropped it (didn't had time to play).
I just launched the game again today and oh my god, that's the best zombie game i've ever played.
I had to search for a bunker and found it at night, couldn't see shit so I lit my flashlight on and oh my god... one of the scarriest moment of my life. Dozens of undeads were sitting in the dark, did look at me at the same time and instantly stood up and ran towards me (I died btw)

Can't wait to go back !

When it comes to atmosphere, DG is probably my fav of the gen.

Felt so immersed in that harsh world like with no other game xD

Oct 25, 2017

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
TLOU2 will end up a top 3 all-time selling Sony first party game. GoT is harder to guage, but I think it comes does better than Days Gone, but worse than Horizon Zero Dawn. 5 to 6 million seems like a reasonable estimate although it could shatter that.
I talked about launch month in US

But yeah I agree, TLOU Part II will finish top 3 LTD
GOT, I can see 10 million LTD easily, it could perform very well with casual/general audience if people see this game like the Assassin's Creed in Japan that we had never got (+ the lack of new Assassin's Creed since Oct 2018 and Odyssey still charts high regularly), there is a big audience for this kind of game

I would like Sony/Sucker Punch to release a Gameplay Series video about the world, the missions, the free roam, the activities, etc... like Rockstar did for GTA/RDR, CPDR for The Witcher 3 or even Bend for Days Gone
This kind of videos will expand the reach of this game to another level and I'm sure Days Gone succeeded thanks to those videos (in part of course)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I passed on DG. Will play on PS5 where framerate won't chug with hundreds of infected on screen.

When it comes to framerate, imo the game runs the most time ok.
But I am by far not that sensitive with fps like others.

Had more problems with the pop ins while riding the bike...
Imo the only real negative point of DG.

But waiting for a PS5 patch is for sure not a wrong decision, I will play it a second time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
I talked about launch month in US

But yeah I agree, TLOU Part II will finish top 3 LTD
GOT, I can see 10 million LTD easily, it could perform very well with casual/general audience if people see this game like the Assassin's Creed in Japan that we had never got (+ the lack of new Assassin's Creed since Oct 2018 and Odyssey still charts high regularly), there is a big audience for this kind of game

not saying it's impossible, but i wouldn't be so sure of that.

i feel like we are underestimating the impact a game needs to make to cross 10 mio, especially a new ip.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GOT, I can see 10 million LTD easily, it could perform very well with casual/general audience if people see this game like the Assassin's Creed in Japan that we had never got.
Sadly I think that's not happening. 5 million yes (which is still good). It lacks broad commercial appeal when you compare it to games like TLOU or Uncharted. But I will gladly take 10 million, too :P

i feel like we are underestimating the impact a game needs to make to cross 10 mio, especially a new ip.
Yep.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
GoT preview event next month would be interesting.
Very curious about combat and mission design impressions.

Tlou2 event was very early, so there will be probably not another.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
imo it's a safe bet, 10 million LTD after price drops and in the long run, like HZD

Of course, I expect good reviews (83-84 minimum) to carry momentum until release + word of mouth during first days (+ photo mode day one to spread beautiful shots on social media) with over 3m in first month worldwide (my prediction and I feel I underestimate lol, but with summer, people in holidays + Olympic games it could impact its legs during its first weeks)

Sadly I think that's not happening. 5 million yes (which is still good). It lacks broad commercial appeal when you compare it to games like TLOU or Uncharted. But I will gladly take 10 million, too :P
Don't agree about its appeal, why would AC perform very well while GOT lacks broad commercial appeal ?
I'm not saying both are the same game of course, but for a casual gamer, when you see GOT, it's literally the AC in Japan we never got, an action/adventure game, a horse, free roam, some stealth gameplay, beautiful setting/scenery, a hero with his story in an open world

Just my opinion and my (maybe over optimistic lol) prediction but I'm sure Sony has a card to play with this game, it could perform very well if they market this well (Gameplay Series video please)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't agree about its appeal, why would AC perform very well while GOT lacks broad commercial appeal ?
I'm not saying both are the same game of course, but for a casual gamer, when you see GOT, it's literally the AC in Japan we never got, an action/adventure game, a horse, free roam, some stealth gameplay, beautiful setting/scenery, a hero with his story in an open world
Assassin's Creed is a well known blockbuster franchise. No matter what setting they will use, it will sell on its name (AC) alone. Ghost of Tsushima is a brandnew IP. Like I said, I gladly take 10+ million ;) But my guess is ~5 million when all is said and done.

And SIE/Sucker Punch needs a deep dive for all the gameplay elements. I hope it's Game Informer's next cover story. This game will launch in ~4 months and we are still missing a lot of detailed gameplay informations & details.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Can't wait to go back !

I loved the game and want to replay it, but the "Will it be enhanced on PS5 at launch?" possibility always stops me lol.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Assassin's Creed is a well known blockbuster franchise. No matter what setting they will use, it will sell on its name (AC) alone. Ghost of Tsushima is a brandnew IP. Like I said, I gladly take 10+ million ;) But my guess is ~5 million when all is said and done.
We'll see, fingers crossed ;)

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Gross, Mazin, and now, Druckmann (all of ND tbh), all have connections to HBO and SIE. I could see HBO grabbing more exclusivity deals for adapting PS properties in the future, if TLOU does well.

HBO would absolutely spring at the chance of locking down God Of War all to themselves.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Those PS5 games won't be that impressive though right? Just the usual rushed launch games.

I suppose they will be better than other launch games. It is the first time that devs don't need to redo from the ground up the technology out of the I/O side of the engine with the SSD and going from serial I/O to parallel I/O. We will have better games later with raytracing, VRS and other improvements.

Oct 27, 2017

Can't wait to go back !

Yeah, I just started playing it too earlier this week. Comjng across a horde randomly roaming around or in an unexpected place is really intimidating and exciting!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone 2 could be Uncharted 2 moment for Bend, at least I hope so. The game was really good and there is a lot of promise there.

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone 2 could be Uncharted 2 moment for Bend, at least I hope so. The game was really good and there is a lot of promise there.
Definitely. Polish the game more, make some crazy set pieces and have a better balance with the story missions so the game doesn't drag. Sometimes less is more so I hope we have only three big settlements. Like concentrate on two big camps at first and save the last one for later. Those extra two camps in Days Gone felt a bit too much for me. Also the kitchen felt unnecessary at the camps. Just focus more on the things that worked well and don't add too much busy work.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Days Gone would have been much better if everything before Iron Mike's camp was heavily edited, removed or arranged to become new content after ending the main story. The disconnection between that endless first act, barely a bloated tutorial, and all coming next is so big and apparent, that by the time its narrative gets going, there's not a single reference in the script, never, to those two starting camps and whatever you did there, both as a player and the character.

What's essential from all those hours is, simply, that your partner is hurt and you can't go back to IM for reasons. Except that, after going through who knows how many filler/introductory missions, you end up going there anyway. It's a big part of the story that could have been rewritten differently and do a favor to the overall flow of the game.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I think days gone 2 will improve in every aspect the original may have lacked, but will really shine with world interactivity, power of next gen can deliver a much richer experience with wildlife, zombies, huge hordes, different behavior depending on weather or day time etc...
If they also expand a bit on the plot, less personal and more intriguing about the cause of the infection, can be huge.
I think the fun of the game is a bit like Zelda botw, just driving the bike and see what you find, survive, search for loot...

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take of the day.
I actually think that Days Gone is better than the first Uncharted. And I love Uncharted.
I still kinda love the tonal shift into semi horror game in the second half of U1. It is definitely the most "arcade" of the Uncharted series and I would go as far as saying you can see some Crash influence there (especially with cheats).

I wouldn't even call that a hot take. The first Uncharted was good back in the day, but it doesn't hold up as well now, even the remastered version. It's by far the worst in the series.
I would pick U1 over U3 any day.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
When you ignore the context, I'm sure most modern games will appear better than whatever was released 15 years ago. But I don't think you can ignore that Uncharted, as the original Gears, was one, if not the forefather of a formula that's deeply rooted in the industry ever since. Comparing what that game was at the time, with the likes of Days Gone, which are following in those same footsteps, all these years later, I believe there's no possible contest.

Of course, anyone can like whatever they want.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
please gaming god let Tsushima be a success !

It's going to do gang busters in the Eastern markets. The recent trailer was trending in Japan, Thailand, Korea, and the Philippines. Obviously as you're well aware games resonate differently but I think this game is uniquely positioned by it's lore and AAA quality to resonate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.