• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
untitled-1u4jp1.gif

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
The simple fact that FF7´s ratings are above TLOU Part II is great achievement !

Definitely helped because FF7 performs well across all regions (where TLOU lacks a lot from Japan as expected, compared to FF7)

Can't wait to see Square PR, no doubt it will do big numbers

it definitely is ! tough it also helps that the release is next month + demo we got.
TLOU 2 will probably also make a huge jump around april

but yeah both should perform well and that's what matters

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Sony realizes that once April hits a lot of us will be in a slipstream of amazing games and won't even notice a PS5 announcement. You have a small window Sony. 🙏

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
One thing I have a feeling they're going to add in the Last of us TV series is a main antagonist in the Boston section, as I remember there was originally going to be a David like figure in charge of the Pittsburgh hunters that Joel and Ellie had to deal with.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
I've watched that Tsushima trailer so many times now. The music is so damn good. This game about to have one of the best soundtracks this gen.
WWS has put out some killer soundtracks this gen. Horizon, God of War, Death Stranding, Days Gone...I'm always equally excited to listen to the soundtracks as I am to play the game! Part II and Ghost will be no different

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I hope Sucker Punch sticks the landing and I hope they can make another inFamous game before moving unto a new IP.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's early to speculate but something about Ghost of Tsushima is giving me major one-off vibes. I guess because it's inspired by historical events.

Obviously a sequel will depend on sales, reception and to some extent what happens within the story. They could also base a hypothetical sequel on the second Mongol invasion of Japan which took place seven years after the events GoT is based on.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's early to speculate but something about Ghost of Tsushima is giving me major one-off vibes. I guess because it's inspired by historical events.

Obviously a sequel will depend on sales, reception and to some extent what happens within the story. They could also base a hypothetical sequel on the second Mongol invasion of Japan which took place seven years after the events GoT is based on.

The series could simply become "Ghost of...".

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
My wallet is crying

Dreams
RE 3 Remake
DOOM
Final Fantasy VII Remake
The Last of Us 2
Persona 5 Royal
Ghost of Tsushima
Sakura Wars
Animal Crossing

Im gald the start of Nintendo this year is bad so I have more money for my PS4 lol

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
God no, that ruined AC for me.

They're not going that route, would be really silly. Give me that historical gaming goodness without that annoying and distracting SciFi coating.

If they need some connection between hypothetical sequels, just do it like in the Asian Saga by James Clavell, where the main protagonists are descendents from the former books.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
71DJw%2B9UdDL.jpg

This is by far the best playable character design that Sucker Punch has ever done for their games, and they have made some stellar ones in their company history. Jin is just everything that a badass, vengeance seeking samurai warrior should be.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
71DJw%2B9UdDL.jpg

This is by far the best playable character design that Sucker Punch has ever done for their games, and they have made some stellar ones in their company history. Jin is just everything that a badass, vengeance seeking samurai warrior should be.
Debatable. I would argue that Sly Cooper (Pre Sly 4) is their best one. 😎

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Wanted to buy it, until I saw the price on amazon.de, haha.

Where? I can't find it!

Okay, GoT is now officially my most anticipated game. I seriously love everything I read, heard and saw about this game until now. Doesn't hurt that it's a looker either.

But while I love Steelbooks, I'm thinking about just purchasing the Standard Edition. That cover art is too good.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty good week for PlayStation.

• PS2 anniversary in Japan.
  • 7 Remake demo.
  • Tsushima shadow drop release date & new story trailer.
  • The Last of Us for HBO.
  • PS5 is RDNA2 maybe.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Where? I can't find it!

Okay, GoT is now officially my most anticipated game. I seriously love everything I read, heard and saw about this game until now. Doesn't hurt that it's a looker either.

But while I love Steelbooks, I'm thinking about just purchasing the Standard Edition. That cover art is too good.

There you go, 229€, lolz.

Ghost of Tsushima - Collectors Edition - [PlayStation 4]: Amazon.de: Games

Ghost of Tsushima - Collectors Edition - [PlayStation 4] - Kostenloser Versand ab 29€. Jetzt bei Amazon.de bestellen!

And I wholeheartedly agree with you, GoT is going to be amazing and the standard cover art is honestly one of the best I've seen in quite some time.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Where? I can't find it!

I used to love steelbooks too before they started to rust on me lol now i avoid them like the plague. But yeah the standard cover is so good.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

I'd be ok with that. We get almost none of those in the AAA space.

Even games that dont end up getting sequels are set up for that most of the times.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really get the feeling we're getting close to the start of the PS5 marketing cycle. It feels like this week they gave us pretty big things among the remaining PS4 titles. Aside from some launch trailers and actually directed marketing campaigns, i don't think there is anything left. We'll see some PS5 news and announcements starting this month for sure.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Pete Hines was on the Kinda Funny podcast yesterday and he and Greg got into a conversation about how three years ago he was on the podcast. They talked about how he's rarely even in San Francisco and he said that he really doesn't think that he's even been back to there since then. So, Greg asked what brought him back and he said that he was over at Sony getting an update on new PS5 stuff

They don't go into it any further than that because Greg obviously knows that Pete can't say anything. So, while Sony has been quiet publicly they're clearly doing stuff behind the scenes with devs.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Pete Hines was on the Kinda Funny podcast yesterday and he and Greg got into a conversation about how three years ago he was on the podcast. They talked about how he's rarely even in San Francisco and he said that he really doesn't think that he's even been back to there since then. So, Greg asked what brought him back and he said that he was over at Sony getting an update on new PS5 stuff

They don't go into it any further than that because Greg obviously knows that Pete can't say anything. So, while Sony has been quiet publicly they're clearly doing stuff behind the scenes with devs.

👀
such a tease lol.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

I don't think they would work so many years on an IP to make an one off.

Oct 1, 2019
I really get the feeling we're getting close to the start of the PS5 marketing cycle. It feels like this week they gave us pretty big things among the remaining PS4 titles. Aside from some launch trailers and actually directed marketing campaigns, i don't think there is anything left. We'll see some PS5 news and announcements starting this month for sure.
I think we'll start hearing about PS5 around July. They did not sandwich E3 with TLoU:P2 and GoT for nothing.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland

Working so hard on a new IP just to make it a one-off seems like a bad idea. I think we'll see more games in this universe unless it's a huge commercial failure (which I doubt).

Status
Not open for further replies.