• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Best new Sony IP this gen:
1) Bloodborne
2) The Last Guardian
3) Sunset Overdrive
4) Astro Bot
5) Gravity Rush
6) Tearaway
7) Concrete Genie
8) Horizon
9) Death Stranding
10) Days Gone

'Twas an amazing gen for new IPs from Sony. Haven't played Dreams either.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Im playing Resistance Burning Skies and is not that bad. It's fun. I hope there is a Resistance for PS5

Oct 1, 2019
1) Bloodborne
2) The Last Guardian
3) Sunset Overdrive
4) Astro Bot
5) Gravity Rush
6) Tearaway
7) Concrete Genie
8) Horizon
9) Death Stranding
10) Days Gone

I really hope we get to see a Sunset Overdrive game on a PlayStation console in the near future.

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see Elle leaving PlayStation Access already. What a lovely person. She brought a lot to the team with her very positive demeanor and great sense of humor. At least they chose a good game to stream for her last appearance:

She said she's gonna work for BBC.

That a big get for her. Congrets Elle.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
I see Naughty Dog is winning again 😊
Nice to see that the PS Nation was really happy with Sony's 1st party output this gen. The majority are 9s, 10s and 8s.
And favourite (possible) acquisition -> Bluepoint ❤

Let's do this already SIE. Bluepoint Games, Ready at Dawn, Housemarque and Arrowhead 😁👍
Im very suprise that Remedy is so high.

Oct 1, 2019
My hope would be that their second team started working on it after they release the next Ratchet & Clank but Spider-Man 2 might require a lot of workforce from that second team so I don't know if it's feasible.
Well, Insomniac is very efficient, and with Sony's full support now that they are first-party, they could form a third team dedicated to making a Sunset Overdrive reboot.

I know, I know. Let me dream.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, looks imo a bit fanboyish ;)

Remedy was very close with MS and is now multi, I am fine with that.
Would prefer Bluepoint or Housemarque purchases over Remedy.
I voted for Kojima Productions. Their roots are deep with Sony
Well, Insomniac is very efficient, and with Sony's full support now that they are first-party, they could form a third team dedicated to making a Sunset Overdrive reboot.

I know, I know. Let me dream.
More Insomniac, I'd be very ok with that :)

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
So do we think its just a Silent Hill announcement next week from KojiPro or will it be part of a Sony event? I feel like we would know about an event by now if it was next week.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Yeah, looks imo a bit fanboyish ;)

Remedy was very close with MS and is now multi, I am fine with that.
Would prefer Bluepoint or Housemarque purchases over Remedy.
Not really anything fanboyish about it, I just want remedy to have bigger budgets for single player games that are not wasted on live action episodes like QB. Especially after control underperforming I don't want them to suffer from funding issues.

So do we think its just a Silent Hill announcement next week from KojiPro or will it be part of a Sony event? I feel like we would know about an event by now if it was next week.
Journalists haven't been invited to anything, so if it's a Sony "event" it'll be a state of play, but more likely that those are just going to be trailer drops.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019

I'll only believe it's a new game anouncement, specially something as big as Silent Hill, if Sony, let's say Monday, announces a PS5 focused State of Play for that same week.

If there's a "significant" annoucement it might be a DS PC trailer or DLC that doesn't necessarily need an event to be showed.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Speaking of the Kojima silent hill theory, what if it goes like this, Kojima unveils a new game through a vague trailer like Death Stranding, but instead of giving a name it'll be called something like Project S or whatever with clear horror themes, and misleading people into thinking its a new IP horror game, no platforms announced at all, nor is the publisher, and then come PSM they show it again but under the name of Silent Hill, like how Capcom revealed RE7, also not too different than how MGSV was announced, or Silent Hills I guess

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Speaking of the Kojima silent hill theory, what if it goes like this, Kojima unveils a new game through a vague trailer like Death Stranding, but instead of giving a name it'll be called something like Project S or whatever with clear horror themes, and misleading people into thinking its a new IP horror game, no platforms announced at all, nor is the publisher, and then come PSM they show it again but under the name of Silent Hill, like how Capcom revealed RE7, also not too different than how MGSV was announced, or Silent Hills I guess

That's not going to work. If Kojima shows anything horror related called Project S everyone will think it's Silent Hill and not a new IP.

Mar 26, 2019
My hope would be that their second team started working on it after they release the next Ratchet & Clank but Spider-Man 2 might require a lot of workforce from that second team so I don't know if it's feasible.
Insomniac's 4 teams don't really converge. The other teams will continue to do what they do regardless to Marvel's Spider-Man or not.

Oct 25, 2017
I would say that is practically a given.
iu

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I voted for Kojima Productions. Their roots are deep with Sony

That would also be a good purchase, some said that Kojima could leave but I can't imagine that as long he is interested in making games.
He was always a little Sony fanboy and that will not change ;)

Not really anything fanboyish about it, I just want remedy to have bigger budgets for single player games that are not wasted on live action episodes like QB. Especially after control underperforming I don't want them to suffer from funding issues.

Sold Control that bad ?
If Remedy is in trouble, a Sony acquisition would for sure be a very positive thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I got the impression from their Q&ERA that a majority of Insomniac was working on Spider-Man but maybe I misunderstood it.
You're right.

We are one studio, that has two locations.

As I've noted before, we don't have solid "teams" per se, people move between projects as required by whatever it is that we're working on.

Mar 26, 2019
Really? I got the impression from their Q&ERA that a majority of Insomniac was working on Spider-Man but maybe I misunderstood it.
Well you got to remember Insomniac doesn't work on a single project at a time, they haven't since the early 2000s. Especially with their VR and AR games being made left and right, there's probably 3-5 games at all times. I doubt they'll go back and forth to pull from game to game at this stage.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1) Bloodborne
2) The Last Guardian
3) Sunset Overdrive
4) Astro Bot
5) Gravity Rush
6) Tearaway
7) Concrete Genie
8) Horizon
9) Death Stranding
10) Days Gone

Wouldn't mind a Sunset Overdrive remaster... want to see what all the fuss is about. Heard great things about it.

Mar 26, 2019

I believe it. The game hardly launched with much content (for example, Bikes should've been there Day 1) and the marketing was virtually non-existant. That seems about right for a budget if you asked me. Low investment + DLC out the wazoo = large gains is how Sony likely saw it but then it fell on its head.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, stand corrected then. Wonder how that will affect development on whatever the Ratchet guys are doing.
That is what it is getting at. There isn't a dedicated "Ratchet" team or a "Spider-Man" team. It just seems to be priority based.

Ratchet would have already started during Spider-Man's development (I'd say 2017-2018) so they would just need to give it a big push as they head toward the end.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1) Bloodborne
2) The Last Guardian
3) Sunset Overdrive
4) Astro Bot
5) Gravity Rush
6) Tearaway
7) Concrete Genie
8) Horizon
9) Death Stranding
10) Days Gone

Horizon not being in that list hurts my heart.

Also I tried Nioh 2.

Gave up and bought Horizon Ultimate Edition on my other account. Gonna platinum it (again).

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Wouldn't mind a Sunset Overdrive remaster... want to see what all the fuss is about. Heard great things about it.
It's incredibly fun to just boot up and play. It's about as fun to just traverse the open world as Spider-man. The weapons are peak Insomniac fun, and the character customization is *chef's Kiss*. The story is bad through.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
It's honestly baffling how Insomniac can be so effective. They released one full retail game on average per year between 2002-2014. After that, their output became more mixed as they experimented with smaller games on phones, Oculus and Magic Leap but their output has remained high. Even just looking at their PS4 games (Ratchet 2016, Song of the Deep and Spidey) 2015-2019 puts them on the same level many of Sony's studios create during an entire gen. On top of that they also made four fairly big Oculus games, four phone-style games and two Magic Leap games just during those four years.

Insomniac has potential to become one of Sony's most important studios going forward. For me personally, the most important together with Japan.

Horizon not being in that list hurts my heart.
Horizon was in the list , 8th place. I loved the game. The reason it's just in 8th place is because I loved the games above it even more.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The Sunset Overdrive situation; from the beginning of development, to Insomniac own the IP, Microsoft publishing it, to the receptions/reviews, Ratchet & Spider-Man, Insomniac acquisition, that even PS4 don't have a port to this day...

w3hUyFC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.