• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I agree that it's likely in that ballpark, but it's just odd how they haven't commented on it at all yet. They can't be unhappy with sales like that. Maybe they're going to announce something on the 1 year anniversary. Or more likely, just say nothing at all!
From what I heard SIE is super happy with Days Gone sales. Like you said, maybe we will hear something on the 1 year anniversary. Would be very good for Bend Studio. First AAA game after 18 years. In their new office, etc. Great sales informations would be great PR for them :)

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
it's just odd how they haven't commented on it at all yet. They can't be unhappy with sales like that. Maybe they're going to announce something on the 1 year anniversary. Or more likely, just say nothing at all!
If 5+ millions sales already achieved, and SIE still won't announce any PR for it; even after 1 year...

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, what the fuck is Sony doing???:
>Barely any PS5 news
>Letting developers slip away from them
>Cancelling E3, PAX appearences
WTF ERA bros/sis???

1) They'll talk about the PS5 when they're good and ready. They're far more in control of the market than Xbox is so they will reveal the console in their own time.
2) They haven't worked with Sanzaru in many years now, so aside from a historic relationship there wasn't really anything to "slip away".
3) Have you heard about the Coronavirus? I think it may have been in the news.

You're overreacting.

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
After 2 days of the community event :

Day 1 :
  • 81 992/125 000 games played
  • 50 586/500 000 Trophies earned

Day 2 :
  • 125 000/125 000 games played
  • 281 972/500 000 Trophies earned

Next goal :
375 000 games played
1 500 000 Trophies earned

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
1) They'll talk about the PS5 when they're good and ready. They're far more in control of the market than Xbox is so they will reveal the console when they are good and ready.
2) They haven't worked with Sanzaru in many years now, so aside from a historic relationship there wasn't really anything to "slip away".
3) Have you heard about the Coronavirus? I think it may have been in the news.

You're overreacting.
Someone got it right, you are answering to a 4chan shitpost the greentext shit gives it away.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
You're absolutely correct.

A lot of acquisitions do in fact have clauses that the staff in places of power are contracted for a certain number of years, so if Naughty Dog weren't a Sony Studio and Sony bought them, they would 100% have a clause that Druckmann, and a few of the other leads are contracted for 5 years or something like that. But developers come and go from companies all the time. Look at Rare, or Bioware, Rare has completely changed from where they once were, and Bioware is a shell of who they used to be.

There are some situations when you have a specific developer who has a vision that you would like to tie to your platform, like a Kojima, but that also is a risky play because if anything unfavorable happens he can just quit and then you have a studio called Kojima Productions with no Kojima.

Microsoft needed acquisitions because their 1st party has been lacking in quantity and quality of releases. They rectified the issue on paper, and now they need to deliver. Sony has high quality 1st party studios, and needs to grow the studios they already have to increase production times. Yes, sometimes more cooks in the kitchen make it more difficult, but I think they're ramping up the sizes of the teams because they have such solid leadership at a lot of their studios now.
Thanks for clarifying It even better than I could. Im not in the gaming industry but I work in a team oriented field and understand how just one player can affect the outcome of a project. As dev time for next gen increases Sony will definitely want to grow their studios. I'm just not sure they really need to add a bunch of new titles to WWS. More like increase dev count @ GG and ND. Make Bluepoint officially a Sony Studio, etc...

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Not enough Sonic I guess.

The movie is big box-office success.

Dozens of Sonic Dreamake in Dreams.

And now Sonic Forces.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
5 million for days gone? If that is correct that is amazing. Considering the amount of shit it got before and after launch and sony not putting it on sale until around christmas. I think that is close to resi 2 remake numbers? And that game got universal praise and is multiplatform.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
While I said I saw the card in question 2 days after Jason's news
By tracking the ASIN identification number of the Amazon file of Horizon Zero Dawn PC, we see that the file was actually created in April 2019

e6caeae8616a4a8d1cb9ef50ad61576a20200226174959.jpg

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
While I said I saw the card in question 2 days after Jason's news
By tracking the ASIN identification number of the Amazon file of Horizon Zero Dawn PC, we see that the file was actually created in April 2019

e6caeae8616a4a8d1cb9ef50ad61576a20200226174959.jpg
Ryan was appointed CEO in February 2019.

I think this PC initiative might be his idea then.

All this time I assumed it was a Layden thing.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Ryan was appointed CEO in February 2019.

I think this PC initiative might be his idea then.

All this time I assumed it was a Layden thing.

And the first thing he did when taking his post on April 1st 2019 was to call the guys from Amazon France personally to inform them that a PC version of Horizon would be released ?

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
After 2 days of the community event :

Day 1 :
  • 81 992/125 000 games played
  • 50 586/500 000 Trophies earned

Day 2 :
  • 125 000/125 000 games played
  • 281 972/500 000 Trophies earned

Next goal :
375 000 games played
1 500 000 Trophies earned
Ok that's strange, when i was checking Day one was 100% games played, 56% trophies. And hasn't ever changed for day 2....

Oct 27, 2017

Really interesting to see the Epic Games Store logo at the same level as the PlayStation Store logo, at the end of the video.
The fact that the demo will be playable on PC too and cross-play with PS4 was also mentioned on the PS Blog post.

Pretty sure that would be the first time there is such an obvious PS4/PC communication from Sony for a game published by SIE ? (and why the hell aren't they publishing Death Stranding on PC ?)

I'm still wondering how exactly they are going to present the Horizon PC announcement and if they are going to elaborate on their stance about their presence on PC.

Incidentally, although that's not particularly my type of game I'll be happy to try Predator that free weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.