• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
okay back to being semi serious...

is Sly 5 now uncanon? if Sony ever did go back to it would they just start at Sly 3 again?

like how some people/fans consider LBP3 or Jack Lost Frontier to be uncanon lol

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony also needs good Vr Studios and Sanzaru made a really great AAA RPG for oculus.

Sony could've bought a nice studio for great VR games and platformers.
They already have good vr studios and they have astro bot which is easily the best vr platformer out there.

I think having a few vr exclusives a year or 2 made by japan studio and london studio with some thrid party exclusives is enough, the market is not big enough to warrant so many exclusive games, there is far more value in spending money on studios like kojima production.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Yeah. Really good: Beat Saber Team, Sanzaru Games

Sony... what are you waiting for?!

Will be very interesting to see what Sony has in the pipeline for VR the upcoming years but tbh, the future looks imo more promising on other VR platforms at the moment.

If Sony want to sell me again on a 400-500€ headset, I expect good support also from their bigger studios...
Resi 7 like flat/VR games must be a thing imo.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, what the fuck is Sony doing???:
>Barely any PS5 news
>Letting developers slip away from them
>Cancelling E3, PAX appearences
WTF ERA bros/sis???

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Just some rambling...

If anyone from Sony is reading this, please make some arcade racers. I love Gran Turismo, but give me something less...serious as well. Motorstorm and Driveclub were great. I'd take something like a Burnout or Split/Second as well.

Bring back Colony Wars, or make something similar. Bring back Ape Escape as well. Make a deal with GENdesign so I can get my Ueda fix.

Perhaps you could co-develop a Gundam game with Bandai Namco. Give it a AAA budget or just fund your own mech game or go for a different license. Patlabor, Evangelion, Escaflowne, Robotech, or again, your own original IP.

More VR games. PSVR support has been quite good. Please continue to do more in that space with PS5. Colony Wars or something similar would be perfect for Swi PSVR.

Get Star Citizen on PS5.

Please make some more multiplayer games like MAG. Make some co-op loot games.

Make some damn JRPGs.

Continue to support Dreams for a long time. Never stop supporting Media Molecule.

Aight I'm done!

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Neil Druckmann doesn't rule out Naughty Dog developing another Uncharted. Mentioned how since Uncharted 4 they haven't developed another one, but that maybe one day they will with Nolan North responding with "you totally will", to which Neil just responded with a bit of laughter.

When does he say this?

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of trophies need to be earned for that PlayStation player celebration. Probably will take another day or two before the first stage is completed.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, what the fuck is Sony doing???:
>Barely any PS5 news
>Letting developers slip away from them
>Cancelling E3, PAX appearences
WTF ERA bros/sis???

Barely any PS5 news because they don't need to rush, they've sold more consoles than Nintendo and Xbox combined.

We could get the ALL the info we want tomorrow: look of the console, games, specs, all of it, and while it would excite people, they'd still have to wait 7-9 months to play it.

With their great line-up they have the luxury of revealing whenever they want.

What dev's have they let slip away? They just bought Insomniac which was one of their best acquisitions ever.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of concern over a dev Sony hasn't worked with in seven years.

I'm happy for Sanzaru. They seem to have a good relationship with FB and don't have to worry as much about keeping the lights on as a largish indie studio.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it works out for Sanzaru Games.

Obviously Insomniac was their best purchase in years but given the rapid pace of talented developers getting brought out by the major publishers Sony needs to keep their eye on the ball if they don't want to miss out on working with some major third party teams. I'll repeat Bluepoint and Housemarque but if Sony just ended up stopping at Insomniac I would just be baffled.

We'll hopefully see at some point in the next few months.

Oct 27, 2017
Some of you need to reel in the hysteria.

Do yourself a favour; go outside, take a deep breath, and trust that the big multinational corporation that's been in the industry for over 30 years knows what they're doing.
giphy.gif

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Hope it works out for Sanzaru Games.

Obviously Insomniac was their best purchase in years but given the rapid pace of talented developers getting brought out by the major publishers Sony needs to keep their eye on the ball if they don't want to miss out on working with some major third party teams. I'll repeat Bluepoint and Housemarque but if Sony just ended up stopping at Insomniac I would just be baffled.

We'll hopefully see at some point in the next few months.

Insomniac was imo probably the best AAA purchase what was available on the whole market.

And I don't see another publisher focusing a purchase of BP. They are so close with Sony and got even mentioned last year together with some PS5 infos. I am sure if they want to get bought, they will choose Sony.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Sure. Because buying a few smal studios would break the bank...

Not everything needs to be AAA+

One of the few things i really don't like about the new sony. They wouldn't even feel the difference in their wallet but the fanbase would be ecstatic.

Sure. But they want PSVR 2 to be a success so a few more studios wouldn't hurt their bottom line.
Buying studios you have no real plan for just because, would go great I'm sure.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... I never interpret tweets correctly. Too much wishful thinking on my part maybe. But is he saying today is good because he CAN talk? Doing an interview maybe? lol idk I give up.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
Will be very interesting to see what Sony has in the pipeline for VR the upcoming years but tbh, the future looks imo more promising on other VR platforms at the moment.

If Sony want to sell me again on a 400-500€ headset, I expect good support also from their bigger studios...
Resi 7 like flat/VR games must be a thing imo.
Yeah. Atm other VR headset looks more promising.
But we know that Sony also can shot some bombs, even on VR. So we must wait for more infos.

Shame about Sanzaru. Sony should work with them after Sly.

Mar 26, 2019
Sony really need to invest in more European studios.
Buy Larian Studios
Doubt it, given they just closed Manchester Studio a few weeks ago and Guerrilla Cambridge in early 2017 plus they never snapped up Quantic Dream. Plus Firespite Games and Impulse Gear haven't been wanting to be acquired iirc. Sony doesn't seem interested in the UK.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Since the generation is nearing towards the end i made a survey for Playstation ERA about the quality of the studios, future projects etc

i would be happy about your participation, the more the better. The results will be shared at a later date

done, but question how much do you hope ps5 will cost is a little strange.. Of course, people hope cheapest possible. lol

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Doubt it, given they just closed Manchester Studio a few weeks ago and Guerrilla Cambridge in early 2017 plus they never snapped up Quantic Dream. Plus Firespite Games and Impulse Gear haven't been wanting to be acquired iirc. Sony doesn't seem interested in the UK.

He was askign about european studios, not UK!

But I think they will be adding big euro studios this year to their roster. Remedy seems like a good candidate

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Neil Druckmann doesn't rule out Naughty Dog developing another Uncharted. Mentioned how since Uncharted 4 they haven't developed another one, but that maybe one day they will with Nolan North responding with "you totally will we'll talk about it", to which Neil just responded with a bit of laughter.
They'll definitely come back to it or at the very least make a spiritual successor of it. I'd love to a see an Uncharted game set in a Sci-FI setting a la 1313.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Some suspect Finland and Sweden are on Sony's radar, but it might not be a while until they make a move.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Since the generation is nearing towards the end i made a survey for Playstation ERA about the quality of the studios, future projects etc

i would be happy about your participation, the more the better. The results will be shared at a later date

this survey had a lots of times were I wanted to select more then one choice

why must it be so hard

Status
Not open for further replies.