• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
The free PS VR patch for Honor and Duty was just released. Supports Aim controller and single and multiplayer.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2181-CUSA00213_00-HADAEV0010000000

And Honor and Duty 2 D-Day is in development. First alpha gameplay here by Polish Paul VR (great PS VR channel - I recommend subscribing). Unlike the first game which was converted to VR this is developed from the ground up for VR and will have many visual and other improvements.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
And for something different Consciousness VR Concept Album is an interactive VR music album from I-Exist. Something like Chainsmokers Paris.VR but more refined and more music.

Jagsrock

Oct 25, 2017
Continue to be blown away with psvr and I haven't even tried Skyrim yet. Really breathes new life into gaming.

Deleted member 4852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ended up picking up archangel, REVII season pass and dirt rally. thanks to everyone that responded to my questions.

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017
I just picked up the Skyrim bundle with VR2 headset. It works amazing! I'm a believer. I chose mine and my wife's first VR experience to be The Last Guardian VR. Trico and her world is huge! Then I tried the VR mission from Battlefront 1. I got quite nauseous when turning the ship more than a few degrees but made it through by closing my eyes while turning (which resulted in 2 crashes). I have so much more to try! I'm thinking VR Worlds next before I try Skyrim.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Finally got around to trying out Sprint Vector. Put about an hour into hit; Basic & Intermediate Tutorials, and four or five race courses, restarting if I didn't get get 1st or 2nd place (on casual mode, not competitive). Preliminary notes:
  1. I suck at getting over the lip of a wall; I can get to the top, and then I'm stuck on that edge.
  2. I feel like I ran through a car wash without a car, only it used sweat instead of soapy water.

greekwolf

Oct 28, 2017
New owner here.

WOW! That's really all I can say. My first experience was Rush of Blood (I know, I know) and I literally fell backwards out of my chair at the first jump scare. Even the blood trickling down from the title screen created a instinctive moment of panic, thinking that my shirt and tie were about to be soaked. This is the real deal.

As a life-long fan of dungeon crawlers and horror-themed games, this is truly a game changer.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Preliminary notes:
  1. I suck at getting over the lip of a wall; I can get to the top, and then I'm stuck on that edge.
Yes, agreed! Everyone I've had try the game has struggled with this too. I feel like it should be updated to give you a slight boost/running-start once you reach the tip because it's quite challenging to actually get going.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
So I've upgraded my psvr to version 2 as I got sick of switching because of the hdr passthrough issue. I should be getting it later today. UK here.

I have disconnected my old unit but left the power lead plugged in as it's a hassle getting to the plug. Will the old psvr power lead work fine with the new one?

I'm gonna use psvr a lot more now because I barely used it before apart from re7 because of no hdr passthrough. Bought tons of games on the ps vr sale. Looking forward to it.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
So I've upgraded my psvr to version 2 as I got sick of switching because of the hdr passthrough issue. I should be getting it later today. UK here.

I have disconnected my old unit but left the power lead plugged in as it's a hassle getting to the plug. Will the old psvr power lead work fine with the new one?

I'm gonna use psvr a lot more now because I barely used it before apart from re7 because of no hdr passthrough. Bought tons of games on the ps vr sale. Looking forward to it.
How would you compare the V2 versus the original model having now used both? Have you noticed any downsides, is it the same or better?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Apex Construct Patch 1.02 now live.

Gameplay

• Fixes to improve free locomotion in all missions.
  • Improved sensitivity of snap/flick turning
  • Enemies should now stop shooting at you when you die.
  • Arrows should bounce off enemies less often.
  • Fixed Upgrade Machine UI in Safe House.
  • Turning off vignette disables it for both free loco & smooth turning.
  • Found collectibles now don't respawn in original location after they've been collected.
  • Fixed several bugs relating to switching handedness.
  • Fixed bug where you could free loco through certain walls.
  • Fixed bug where selecting New Game after having played a mission would result in not being able to pick up the bow.
  • Fixed bug where bow would be granted ahead of puzzle resolution.
Missions

• Pieces of the Puzzle: Added back missing combat encounter.
  • Pieces of the Puzzle: Unlocked door in secret (sssh!) area.
  • Into the Dark: Spider Crabs now react to items you throw in the environment.
  • Into the Dark: Several fixes to the Bear Behemoth
  • Safe House: Fathr's maniacal laugh shouldn't play more than once now once you've completed the final mission.
  • With Friends Like These: Fixes to AI nav grids
Audio

• Fixed several issues with VO repeating in a few missions.
  • Added audio to the mission select teleporter.
  • Added audio to the upgrade machine.
Visuals

• Fixed some floating objects in several missions.
  • Fixed textures on rafters in Fathr Figure.
  • Fixed misaligned text on the vending machines

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
New EU flash sale until 27th Feb:

Skyrim VR: 37% off (same as previous sale, still expensive :) )

Resident Evil 7 biohazard
Standard: 22% off, 32% off for PS+ (great price)
Season pass: 33% off (great price)
Gold edition: 21% off (ok price)

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Where di you guys find all these news?

In the earlier days of PS VR I used to actively search for new games, announcements, possible ports etc but there is too much to keep up on now.

So I read the PS blogs, following various people on twitter, subscribing to a few YT channels (Polish Paul VR in particular is very good - actively finds new news, has discussions with devs, and I find his sense of humor very funny). Plus once in a while when news is scarce I still do some searching and digging.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
That early gameplay video is pretty uninspiring. If that's representative it's being sent out to die up against Skyrim.

Eh, I will have to see more gameplay. I hope it's more than just walking around with the torch. Honestly, I'm kinda sick of Skyrim after platinum on PS3 and PS4 and like 350+ hours on PC, like I do wanna try my VR copy that came with the bundle but urgh, as far as I'm concerned Skyrim being out there isn't gonna stop me from trying anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Thinking about getting the inpatient, how's it's length?

2-3 hours, it's not long but it has different endings, like Until Dawn, so it's designed to be played a few times.

It is a slow paced game though, even with it's short length. I found it to be decent but it wasn't as great as it could have been, so pick it up cheap if you plan to buy it. Top graphics though, with a really creepy atmosphere and it's got a couple a good jump scares. :)

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, not sure what to make of this one: looks like it's cheap, possibly controlled with head tracking (like Eagle Flight?).

It has been out on Steam for a while (I haven't looked at reviews) but yes, it's simple head control. The main difference in this game is that you are not allowed to touch the walls, so you have to steer a fine line between dodging the obstacles and not touching the walls. But it's not the most complex or visually detailed game we've seen :)

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
So I received a psvr survey email from playstation today. Anyone else get this? It was pretty extensive but I wish they would have left a box for suggestions and general comments

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
So probably goes without saying for most, but don't PSVR and get drunk at the same time. I barfed. I thought I might before cuz I get sea sick, and car sick, and motion sick, but surprisingly I didn't with PSVR, getting drunk + PSVR tho. Wew.

Weird expereience.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Tomorrow we should see first Moss reviews and I really hope it get good scores.
Many PSVR owners are waiting for Moss and bad scores would be a big disappointment.

And good scores could be a reason for some people to buy the headset.

I am a little bit nervous ;)

Kaversmed

Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Tomorrow we should see first Moss reviews and I really hope it get good scores.
Many PSVR owners are waiting for Moss and bad scores would be a big disappointment.

And good scores could be a reason for some people to buy the headset.

I am a little bit nervous ;)

Yeah, me too. I tried the demo a while ago and while it was pretty good it isn't something I think will sell a lot of headsets. Still hoping for great reviews!

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Honestly, Moss is probably going to be a victim of the anticipation. People seems to be looking forward to it with such enthusiasm that I can't help but fear that when it turns out to be just a short platformer, albeit with a certain charm, there'll be a certain amount of backlash. I suspect any flaws it may have will be blown all out of proportion. I'll be buying it, but I'm going to keep my hopes reasonable.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Honestly, Moss is probably going to be a victim of the anticipation. People seems to be looking forward to it with such enthusiasm that I can't help but fear that when it turns out to be just a short platformer, albeit with a certain charm, there'll be a certain amount of backlash. I suspect any flaws it may have will be blown all out of proportion. I'll be buying it, but I'm going to keep my hopes reasonable.

Like every game, it could go either way but giving us a playable demo a few months ago, they seem to be pretty confident to let us play it early, so that's a good sign.

Personally I think it will be very good, even if it's not a game changer. I think the developer said that it will be something like 4-6 hours long, so it isn't going to be a very long game but it should be an enjoyable VR platformer regardless.

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm in love with the Last Guardian VR demo. Any chance we could see a Shadow of the Colossus VR demo? I tried out the demo for Moss and it's absolutely adorable. I'm sure to pick that up. I think I'll go ahead and get Rez while it's on sale. I found that a lot of games look just awful as far as image quality goes. Seems pretty hit or miss. Skyrim VR is about PS3 level but tolerable. Moss looks great and smooth which gives promise to newer games that can take advantage of the Pro. What are some must haves that I should dive into? I got VR Worlds, Rigs, Bound, the demo discs. I'm not sure I want to pick up Batman.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in love with the Last Guardian VR demo. Any chance we could see a Shadow of the Colossus VR demo? I tried out the demo for Moss and it's absolutely adorable. I'm sure to pick that up. I think I'll go ahead and get Rez while it's on sale. I found that a lot of games look just awful as far as image quality goes. Seems pretty hit or miss. Skyrim VR is about PS3 level but tolerable. Moss looks great and smooth which gives promise to newer games that can take advantage of the Pro. What are some must haves that I should dive into? I got VR Worlds, Rigs, Bound, the demo discs. I'm not sure I want to pick up Batman.
Batman is an absolute must-have. Definitely the experience that I show off to people who are familiar with games.

Rec Room and Playroom are both free and phenomenal displays of the tech as well. Playroom is a must if you have people over and wanna all play together.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
What do you guys think of PSVR and PS5 compatibility?

I just answered someone on reddit. I wanted to know if you guys think similarly or you have other opinion on the matter.

Quote:
They have not announced it either way (PSVR compatible on PS5).

Best guesses:

Since the interfaces are HDMI, USB and visual light range stereoscopic camera with proprietary USB, the only physical limitation is having either the same proprietary USB for camera in the PS5 (use existing hardware) OR having a PS5 camera that has stereoscopic visual light range (would require buying the new camera). It you count the Move, it would also requires Bluetooth.

It is expected that there will be a new headset (let's call it PSVR2) for the PS5 to take advantage of a better resolution screen. Since the main drawback of the PSVR is the tracking, I would expect that the new PSVR2 would use a different tracking system and different controller than the current Move.

It is likely that the new tracking system will not use visual range light.

It is likely there will be a new PS5 camera.

So the questions are:

Will the PS4 camera will be compatible with PS5?

My guess is no.

Will the PS5 camera/tracking system with be able to track the PSVR?

My guess is yes, I think they will implement a dual tracking system, one that track legacy device in visual light range and also track in infrared. That tracking device will also act as a web cam since seems like SONY does like the social aspect of those. It is also possible that the tracking will be reversed, headset out so there might be a separate tracking system and camera but I would still expect the new camera to be able to tract the legacy devices.

Will the PSVR work on PS5?

My guess is yes based on above guess. But possibly with only the PS4 compatible games and limited support or not compatible with the PS5 exclusive.

Will the Move be compatible?

Maybe, possibly just the PS4 compatible games only or with limited support for other games.

Will the Aim be compatible?

Probably, it's more likely than the Move imo. Limited or no support for PS5 exclusive games.

My opinion, I think that the PSVR2 will not be there at launch but will come within the first year (max 2) so not to dilute the impact of the new console. That they will use the PSVR as a transition VR for early phase. I think they will introduce the new tracking device at launch (the PS5 camera). The same with the new main VR controller (possibly the regular PS5 dualshock that split in two).

There is very little technical difficulty to adapt the PSVR to the new console especially if there is backward compatibility (which is expected). So having PS5 compatible with PSVR (even if it's limited support) make sense to ease the transition. The controllers and camera is a different matter, it would not be hard but if the new dualshock is VR ready (splitable), then I would say not likely the Move will be compatible.

This is all a guess though, don't take this to the bank.

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017

I just answered someone on reddit. I wanted to know if you guys think similarly or you have other opinion on the matter.

Quote:

Best guesses:

Since the interfaces are HDMI, USB and visual light range stereoscopic camera with proprietary USB, the only physical limitation is having either the same proprietary USB for camera in the PS5 (use existing hardware) OR having a PS5 camera that has stereoscopic visual light range (would require buying the new camera). It you count the Move, it would also requires Bluetooth.

It is expected that there will be a new headset (let's call it PSVR2) for the PS5 to take advantage of a better resolution screen. Since the main drawback of the PSVR is the tracking, I would expect that the new PSVR2 would use a different tracking system and different controller than the current Move.

So the questions are:

My guess is no.

My guess is yes, I think they will implement a dual tracking system, one that track legacy device in visual light range and also track in infrared. That tracking device will also act as a web cam since seems like SONY does like the social aspect of those. It is also possible that the tracking will be reversed, headset out so there might be a separate tracking system and camera but I would still expect the new camera to be able to tract the legacy devices.

My guess is yes based on above guess. But possibly with only the PS4 compatible games and limited support or not compatible with the PS5 exclusive.

Maybe, possibly just the PS4 compatible games only or with limited support for other games.

Probably, it's more likely than the Move imo. Limited or no support for PS5 exclusive games.

My opinion, I think that the PSVR2 will not be there at launch but will come within the first year (max 2) so not to dilute the impact of the new console. That they will use the PSVR as a transition VR for early phase. I think they will introduce the new tracking device at launch (the PS5 camera). The same with the new main VR controller (possibly the regular PS5 dualshock that split in two).

There is very little technical difficulty to adapt the PSVR to the new console especially if there is backward compatibility (which is expected). So having PS5 compatible with PSVR (even if it's limited support) make sense to ease the transition. The controllers and camera is a different matter, it would not be hard but if the new dualshock is VR ready (splitable), then I would say not likely the Move will be compatible.

I expect a new camera, new controllers, and a better resolution headset for the PS5. I also don't anticipate backwards compatibility. I say this as someone who just bought a PSVR 3 days ago.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Got a review code for Blasters of the Universe the other day, looking forward to talking about it when the embargo is up Tuesday.

Really interested to see how Moss is received too; it looks like it's gonna be super short (and the £25 pricetag is putting me off), but I hope it delivers the charm everyone is expecting. I requested a review code but no dice yet.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Quote:

Best guesses:

So the questions are:

My guess is no.

I don't expect it to be compatible. They should find a way to make the PS4VR games run on the new setup though.
IIRC Sony said that PSVR would work with a new Playstation, but that was way before release and might have just been one blurp in an interview back then (or maybe that was just the still unknown Pro). But I vividly remember this being mentioned.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do the move controls for Ultrawings work? Was tempted to get it but it seems like it'd be hard to fly a plane without an analog? :p

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I expect a new camera, new controllers, and a better resolution headset for the PS5. I also don't anticipate backwards compatibility. I say this as someone who just bought a PSVR 3 days ago.

I'm in the same boat and have been since day 1.

Pretty much every aspect of (PS)VR headsets will evolve quite significantly in the next couple of years, like resolution, foveated rendering, eye tracking, FOV, tracking of the headset and controllers, maybe getting rid of the wires, comfort etc. therefore I'm expecting all the PSVR hardware to be obsolete when PSVR 2.0 hits.
But obviously I wouldn't mind if they manage to bring some VR BC to the PS5 but I'm not counting on it at all.

Last edited:

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I'm expecting Sony to drag out this generation until 2020 by which point we'll probably be close to PSVR 2.0 anyway. I wonder if we'll get a bunch of remastered VR games for the new headset.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do the move controls for Ultrawings work? Was tempted to get it but it seems like it'd be hard to fly a plane without an analog? :p

The game is much better with the move controllers than the DS4. the move controllers are your hands and the interactions are based on real-life movements, the only thing that isn't done by motion is the rudder controls which are mapped to two move buttons. The flight stick uses rumble when you are near the limits of its movement parameters and very intuitive and feels very natural, much nicer than flight games on a pad. The game is especially good with your own music.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The game is much better with the move controllers than the DS4. the move controllers are your hands and the interactions are based on real-life movements, the only thing that isn't done by motion is the rudder controls which are mapped to two move buttons. The flight stick uses rumble when you are near the limits of its movement parameters and very intuitive and feels very natural, much nicer than flight games on a pad. The game is especially good with your own music.
That actually sounds amazing. Think I might grab it. Btw have you played Eagle flight? Given it's another flying game on sale I'm curious how you think it compares