• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

I thought it was interesting to share how the platform is getting new games, even an exclusive title that'd score a perfect score on a major publication like IGN (Japan).

The verdict is as follow (Google Translate):

10 - Masterpiece

If you start playing "Gnosia", you will forget to spend time getting hooked in the humanoid game, the story, the loop of growth elements. And you will be kneeling in a story that takes advantage of that structure.

+ Game system to lose sight of the advance is stopped as if the loop
+ A story perfectly matched with the system
+ Unique and unforgettable characters
+ Compatible with PS Vita TV
- Only play on PS Vita and PS Vita TV

Gematsu also reported about the game last month:

It got me very interested in the game, I wonder if the developer Petit Depotto will follow up with ports to different systems or a localization in the future.

Credits to Takao from our Vita Discord.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Wow I love the art for this, and I always adore checking out well received Visual Novel style games. I hope this comes west at some point.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
+ A story perfectly matched with the system
+ Unique and unforgettable characters
+ Compatible with PS Vita TV
- Only play on PS Vita and PS Vita TV

lol... only negative point is that it's a Vita game.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Aight I'd be down for getting this for my lovely little OLED fella. Heck I might double dip even.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they localize this, I still use my Vita when im outside, moreso than Switch even since that thing is big and cumbersome for handheld use

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
Love the look of the art. Game style sounds interesting. Especially after being so well received. Not completely port-begging, but I hope this gets ported AND localized on another platform at some point because it's hard to imagine it'll get localized for Vita at this point. I'd absolutely buy it, though.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if companies like PQube and Aksys take note, this sounds legit and right up their alley.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
It lives! I wonder will sales for this be extremely niche or good enough to justify a ps4 port.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds rad; I really hope it gets localized now (even if we may have to wait for ports). I would rather play this type of game on Vita, but I'm certainly fine with other platforms.

PS Vita exclusive on a dead platform years after it died is obviously a negative.

The Vita didn't exactly die in Japan.

Oct 26, 2017
This sounds rad; I really hope it gets localized now (even if we may have to wait for ports). I would rather play this type of game on Vita, but I'm certainly fine with other platforms.

The Vita didn't exactly die in Japan.
Even in Japan, it's not doing so hot. Its sales over there aren't exactly anything noteworthy anymore, seeing as the likes of the PS4 and especially the Switch outsell it by wide margins and overall support is very small nowadays. It's not quite dead but it's getting there, with only a couple of titles left at this point

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say this has no chance of coming over, but Square-Enix is putting out a Vita game at some point in the future (Romancing Saga 3, as they announced at E3), so who the hell knows. Maybe Limited Run Games will publish it, like they did with the recent port of Fata Morgana, where they both published it digitally to PSN, and also made physical copies.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Even in Japan, it's not doing so hot. Its sales over there aren't exactly anything noteworthy anymore, seeing as the likes of the PS4 and especially the Switch outsell it by wide margins and overall support is very small nowadays. It's not quite dead but it's getting there, with only a couple of titles left at this point

Oh, I'm not saying it's doing amazingly at this point even if some things are still being released. Just that "died years ago" isn't very accurate.

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017

Wut?

A debate style rpg sounds cool though

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'd say this has no chance of coming over, but Square-Enix is putting out a Vita game at some point in the future (Romancing Saga 3, as they announced at E3), so who the hell knows. Maybe Limited Run Games will publish it, like they did with the recent port of Fata Morgana, where they both published it digitally to PSN, and also made physical copies.

I don't know about no chance, Steins;Gate and the like came over. I think no chance of English voices, but I'm fine with that as I tend to play Japanese audio with English subtitles when I have the option.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see LRG getting involved; the deadline has passed for any Western publisher to order any more physical Vita games, which seriously hampers the potential profitability of a Vita exclusive. It'll need a port to a current platform to justify localization.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really nice, and I liked that song in the trailer. That said if it doesn't get localized for Vita I hope ports are on the table for that company, or a fantranslation of some kind is made.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's actually pretty cheap too, so downloading onto my vita now. Won't be able to play for a week or two due to drowning in a shiton of other games though.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I reached out on Twitter about the potential of seeing it outside of Japan. Here's the response I got... it's not a "no". There's a glimmer of hope!
Thanks for asking. This is a very interesting looking game that shouldn't be left to die as a Japan-only PS Vita exclusive. Petit Depotto a small developer, sure, and Mebius is a small publisher, but there's nothing wrong in hoping for a PC/PS4/Switch release.