• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
:/

I used eneba just now, it cost £18 and pennies when paid by credit card. I don't even need/want premium but thought I might as well since I have quite a lot of plus stacked.

I've used gamivo xblg > gpu. They did sell out but still sold stuff to me in the past, but the refund did eventually go through.

Did they give you the code right away? I used PayPal on the other two and they are both "pending" despite having taken the money from my PayPal account.

PixieLayer

Dec 12, 2021
Well I was successfully able to get a one month PS Now code from my Sony Rewards, and just purchased several more years of PS+. I guess I just need to wait until the end of May/early June to redeem the Now code, and I'll be set?

Yeah, I was able to nab a PS Now card for my friend using Sony Reward. Everything checked out. I'd say renew it at the end of May, considering that Japan is supposed to launch around June 1st I believe so better to do it a bit early in case Sony pulls some type of shenanigans leading up to launch.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Are people here all from Asian market? Otherwise I don't get everyone getting only ONE month of PS Now, by the time the new Plus system will be unlocked everywhere else

[May 23 in Asian markets excluding Japan
June 1 in Japan
June 13 in the Americas
and June 22 in Europe]

the PS Now month will be over and the system will only read the stacked PS Plus so there won't be any conversion.

p.s. holding the month of Now to redeem it in May seems risky to me, I suspect Sony will disable the PS Now redeeming in these days, just like is apparently happening with PS Plus cards.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Yeah it really sucks how the conversion wasn't fully explained until after they remove PS Now for purchase. Oof.
Well that's the point I'd imagine. Works similarly to government, insurance, ... not telling you about everything what you could get, because that limits how many people take advantage of it. For example in Germany you can get a education for a new job funded by the government (for example), if you had an accident or severe illness and you can't do your old job anymore because of that. But don't expect anyone to tell you about it.

Last edited:

PixieLayer

Dec 12, 2021
Are people here all from Asian market? Otherwise I don't get everyone getting only ONE month of PS Now, by the time the new Plus system will be unlocked everywhere else

[May 23 in Asian markets excluding Japan
June 1 in Japan
June 13 in the Americas
and June 22 in Europe]

the PS Now month will be over and the system will only read the stacked PS Plus so there won't be any conversion.

p.s. holding the month of Now to redeem it in May seems risky to me, I suspect Sony will disable the PS Now redeeming in these days, just like is apparently happening with PS Plus cards.

They've already deactivated purchases of new PS Now cards in stores. I feel if you purchased the card any time before that or you were able to get a hold of an active card you should be okay. Either that or they'll issue another statement.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Great. I've already got PS+ until next Feb but if I get a 12 month PS Now sub then I'll get the premium tier until the end of the PS Now subscription?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Great. I've already got PS+ until next Feb but if I get a 12 month PS Now sub then I'll get the premium tier until the end of the PS Now subscription?
It doesn't sound it's worth the hassle in your case for just two months of Premium for free, considering that you will not pay that 12 months of Now more then 60€/$ (that most likely would be the upgrade price by being already a PS Plus member).

P.s. you are holding the code too? Yeah , I wouldn't do that at this point, just wait for the upgrade plan, same money and less risk.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah.

That's my situation too. I've got a year of PS Now left but my PS+ just expired last week. There's no point in me re-subbing to PS+ now. If I bought a year of PS+ now it'd be wasted come June.

PS Now converts to PS+ Premium in June.

Hnmm bought two years of PS Now but don't have PSPlus. Will I miss on PS Plus Premium? What will my PS Now convert to?

EDIT: just read comments above. Seems it will be premium. Will believe it when I see it!

Ok I am in the same boat as y'all. Seems like there is no further action needed by us, sweet.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
It doesn't sound it's worth the hassle in your case for just two months of Premium for free, considering that you will not pay that 12 months of Now more then 60€/$ (that most likely would be the upgrade price by being already a PS Plus member).

P.s. you are holding the code too? Yeah , I wouldn't do that at this point, just wait for the upgrade plan, same money and less risk.
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding but are you saying that existing PS+ memberships transfer over to the premium tier anyway?

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I don't know if I'm misunderstanding but are you saying that existing PS+ memberships transfer over to the premium tier anyway?

No, I'm saying that for people with Plus alone there will be an upgrade plan to other new Plus tier, and if Sony is sane they will ask 60€/$ for upgrading to Premium (Plus Essential cost 60 and Premium 120, so it would make sense).

Since you only have one year of Plus, the year of Now will overleap your Plus only by few months if you even find and active a one year PS Now card for similar price right now, with the risk of the code not working or some other stuff as well for ending paying most certainly the same price of an official upgrade.

Just wanted to give you all the info, than do what you feel, since there is no official upgrade plan price yet (the plan is confirmed tho), but that's what I think will happen, not a guarantee :)

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
No, I'm saying that for people with Plus alone there will be an upgrade plan to other new Plus tier, and if Sony is sane they will ask 60€/$ for upgrading to Premium (Plus Essential cost 60 and Premium 120, so it would make sense).

Since you only have one year of Plus, the year of Now will overleap your Plus only by few months if you even find and active a one year PS Now card for similar price right now, with the risk of the code not working or some other stuff as well for ending paying most certainly the same price of an official upgrade.

Just wanted to give you all the info, than do what you feel, since there is no official upgrade plan price yet (the plan is confirmed tho), but that's what I think will happen, not a guarantee :)
Ah, ok thanks. I was gonna hold off until the end of May anyway but hopefully there'll be a clear upgrade plan announcement by then.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Did they give you the code right away? I used PayPal on the other two and they are both "pending" despite having taken the money from my PayPal account.
Yep, well within 1 minute. It asked for an email to send the code to, but I clicked to reveal it on the site and could then just copy/paste it into redeem codes on psn website.

smarty86

Apr 4, 2022
seems borderline impossible to get a PS Now code anywhere for the German PSN.

guess I'm too late here :(

Tried the same, but didn't find anything online. If anyone has found something it would be great if that could be shared here. I will try to find something in some stores at the weekend. Will let you know if I find anything.

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
My PS+ is good til June 2024. But PS Now expires June 14. Gonna go find a 1 month code just to be safe

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm very confident you're wrong here, because you're adding assumptions to reach your interpretation, whereas we are simply interpreting the words we read.

"You will be migrated into the PlayStation Plus Premium membership plan and you will have a new single payment date based on the longer of your two subscriptions."

The "new single payment date" phrase is the key here. They aren't going to let you have PS Premium for however long your PS Now (or Plus) lasts and then kick you back down to Essential when the first sub runs out; they would've stated that. Because what happens to those folks who have PS Plus for the next 4 or 5 months and 2+ years of PS Now? They don't shrug their shoulders and say "Oh well, you get nothing, because there is no Now to go back to" I mean, they could, but I highly doubt it.

If I'm wrong (which I am open to being, but I seriously doubt it) then I'll happily eat crow. But let's not make that sentence more difficult than it has to be.

"Hey, you got both? Which one ends the latest? That's your new renewal date for Premium." That's it. That's all.

Pretty much.

I get being skeptical, but if we just go by what's written, it shouldn't be complicated. Also this:
It's kind of crazy that they didn't cap how many years you could sign up for in the first place MS caps you at 3 years for anything (Live, GPU, Office 360, etc) which always felt kind of low but with how often subscription services change it kind of makes sense. They also let you convert your live sub to GPU by simply adding a month of GPU so it's not totally surprising that Sony handled it the same way, but some people having 20+ years of PSN is crazy.

I always thought it was strange Sony doesn't cap how much your can stack and MS does.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
seems borderline impossible to get a PS Now code anywhere for the German PSN.

guess I'm too late here :(
Tried the same, but didn't find anything online. If anyone has found something it would be great if that could be shared here. I will try to find something in some stores at the weekend. Will let you know if I find anything.

Disclaimer: I've never used that retailer. You might wanna do a quick bit of research first to check if they're legit.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else not been able to turn auto renew off? Comes up error to try again later. Been happen since yesterday.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

Disclaimer: I've never used that retailer. You might wanna do a quick bit of research first to check if they're legit.
Yeah, it's the only site that have them for a lot of countries and have it a low price, pop it from nowhere and has no reviews on allkeyshop, I wouldn't trust it personally.

p.s. I tried to add it do the cart but they are out of stock so yeah, maybe it was legit (I still highly doubt it) but you can't buy it anyway, so...

Last edited:

smarty86

Apr 4, 2022

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Looks like it's a pay the difference situation rather than getting a discounted option judging by the email I got yesterday.

You can easily upgrade to a higher benefits plan at any time. To do so, you'll need to pay the difference between your current plan and your new plan, adjusted for the remaining time of your subscription.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
In UK, got a 3 month NOW code from Eneba for £19, as did several others here it looks like. Delivered instantly, redeemed on web store no problem, woohoo!

My PS+ is good until mid 2024 thanks to Black Fridays and Days of Play sales etc., will def add a couple more years if the code redeeming comes back online in time but if not oh well I'm happy enough with this great deal.

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought and redeemed a 3 month card from Sony Rewards if anyone is still looking. I only had 100 rewards points, but you can use a Credit Card to pay the remainder. It's full price, but hey, it's fast and reliable.

Also, had the hardest time finding the damn thing. I had to log in, click on "Points", click "Add Item" to wish list, search for "NOW", add the 3-month card to my wish list....and then I could add to cart and buy. So weird.

Anyone else not been able to turn auto renew off? Comes up error to try again later. Been happen since yesterday.
Yeah I get the same. I'll just check back periodically and set a reminder for closer to the time just in case.

I have the same thing. My guess is the system is frozen for now, and once the two merge we'll have to turn off auto-renewal for PS Plus Premium

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any way to get a 3 months US PS Now for someone not in the US? I stacked up like 4 years of PS+ on a US account at the start of PS5 gen because it was so much cheaper than European prices, but I don't see a way to convert to premium :/.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I've given up on finding one.

I just hope the upgrade path is not too costly, or they let you move between tiers monthly. I don't really need premium every month.

yeah... although it would be nice to have PS+ and Now stacked for a couple of years, there will surely be special offers around Black Friday, Christmas etc.
So as it is now, there is basically no need ever to pay full price for the services.
Still more than via this upgrade deal, but 🤷‍♂️

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Same. Spoke to Sony they say voucher has not been activated. Spoke to cdkeys they say Sony is having issues and to try later. Tried on console instead of web and says code is already used. Uuurrgghh.
Similar experience atm with the two supports handing me off between each other like a hot potato

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Looks like it's a pay the difference situation rather than getting a discounted option judging by the email I got yesterday.
Yeah, and the difference for Plus holder is (in theory) 60€.
Essential = 60€
Premium = 120€

If you find a 12 months of Now for cheap I guess is worth a try (without taking in consideration scam or codes getting blocked) to save few money, but you could buy gift card as well to save some money and add them to your account to pay the upgrade.
Again, all of this if the difference will be calculated based on the annual prices of the new Plus services.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
How are people stacking PS Plus itself? I can't buy the 12 Month membership from the store, it says I've already purchased when adding to cart. I thought you could buy as many years as you wanted?

Do you have to get codes to redeem from elsewhere like CDKeys?

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
When I need to start paying full price I'll just make a habit of asking for PSN vouchers for my birthday - I never know what to tell people to get me anyway!

How are people stacking PS Plus itself? I can't buy the 12 Month membership from the store, it says I've already purchased when adding to cart. I thought you could buy as many years as you wanted?

Do you have to get codes to redeem from elsewhere like CDKeys?
Pretty sure you can normally stack. I got PSN vouchers for my birthday last year and added a couple of years because there was nothing else I wanted at the time.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Similar experience atm with the two supports handing me off between each other like a hot potato

We at least there are two of us going through support with the same issue. Hopefully more are and gathers some traction with one of them. My ps now voucher off eneba worked fine.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
We at least there are two of us going through support with the same issue. Hopefully more are and gathers some traction with one of them. My ps now voucher off eneba worked fine.
I don't think anybody has successfully redeem a PS+ voucher since last night. Definitely an issue on Sony's end atm.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Frig I can't find a code in Canada or US. Can anyone donate a 3 monther? I tried rewards but it says I'm not eligible to join.

Does US even work in Canada?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty much.

I get being skeptical, but if we just go by what's written, it shouldn't be complicated. Also this:

I always thought it was strange Sony doesn't cap how much your can stack and MS does.
I guess they dont see a ton of people doing it causing an impact I guess but also seems to me they care more about people just being on their service than worrying about capping it I guess? Good for people who spend a lot up front though.

cmcm750203

Banned
Dec 5, 2021
So my PSNow expires on 6/2 and Plus in November. I assume they won't auto renew the Now, so if the service starts after 6/2 am I screwed?