• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
6A9bdEVFnzdEhtUzYxcXNK-1024-80.jpeg.webp

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Great! Love to see this.

I expected the worst when I read the "don't look at the replies" post, but (at least on my end) the replies have been pretty wholesome so far, haha.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Thread Derail; Inflammatory Accusations against the Community over Multiple Posts
Thank you, corporate brand social media account.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised they tweeted about this so quickly.
www.resetera.com

Sony Music Launches $100 Million Fund to Support Social Justice, Anti-Racist Initiatives

More at: https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/sony-music-launches-100-million-fund-to-support-social-justice-anti-racist-initiatives-1234626290/

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts

Yeah, they have a great track record about this, I just mean... man, they were on this one.

I know it's hard to parse attitudes through message board text, so I'll just say it: kudos on this one. Strong language, and they didn't sit on it.

iconoclast

Dec 15, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Whataboutism; Attempted Thread Derail; Account in Junior Phase
That's nice. How does Sony feel about China's oppression of Hong Kong tho?

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
sunOPzh.jpg

www.linkedin.com

500 million+ members | Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights and opportunities.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

Wanna bet he wouldn't be against political stuff if the tweet was about Call of Duty? lmao

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, Billion-Dollar Corporation. Keep up the good work making the public seem like you're on our side.

No, but they donated you see, they're in the clear now and no longer contribute to or benefit from any of the systemic issues that this verdict does not even begin to address. It's not fair to them for you to say this.

Oct 30, 2017
We can always be super cynical about "woke corporatism"

But the killing of George Floyd had real impacts on the employees of companies all around the country. Statements like this can affect the work culture.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
They actually put their money where their mouth is. They're actually helping the fight for change. So I don't think that's fair at all.
I didn't say anything implying they didn't. Lots of large, diverse corporations do. Lots of large, diverse corporations will also be vilified if they don't post some sort of response as well.

This was simply a statement of fact, thanking them for doing so.

OP
OP
KalBalboa

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
We can always be super cynical about "woke corporatism"

But the killing of George Floyd had real impacts on the employees of companies all around the country. Statements like this can affect the work culture.

I speak from first-hand experience: you're 100% correct.

My direct supervisor had to take time off of work in the wake of George's murder, and marched multiple times. We're both marketing people, too, who work with diversity + inclusion projects for social and internal comms alike.

It's earnestly nice to see a big company being so 100% clear where they stand on the issue that, yes, will piss off some dirtbag consumers. We can be cynical all we want, but stuff like this does matter.