• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
I got food, who wants to bring the drinks?
DarkSnappyBasil-small.gif

Some of you crack me the fuck up with your gif game. xD~~

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt a demo is coming. Kojima has said he does not want or even like the idea of spoiling a game by showing it off early, so imagine playing a segment of it early for months+...It'd spoil the final experience from what he's said.

But I guess the counter argument would be that it's a game with supposedly new game mechanics so they may want people to dip their toes in a see what the fuss is about so they can he hooked.

Just my personal opinion but I lean towards the 1st opinion. Also, yeah Kojima has done demos in the past but I don't think Sony are big on demos.

This is 110% not true.

Metal Gear Solid 2 demo with ZoE
MGS3 press demo
Ground Zeros
P.T.

Oct 27, 2017
How is it unnecessary if plenty of fans enjoy it? Shouldn't you just then take it as different people enjoy different things?

The idea of "I don't like it therefore it shouldn't have been done this way" is dare I say toxic.

I said i think it's unnecessary. I can understand people enjoying it, but i don't. How is that toxic?

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Can we make the abbreviation for this game DeStra? I feel like DS is already claimed...

Can't wait for the reveal, though I'm half-expecting leaving as confused as I came in.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
The connection between Kojima not wanting to spoil games Sony/Kojima not being into demos. Demos are a huge part of Sony and Kojimas history.
I meant in regards to DS. If we're talking about Kojima in general then he spoiled the shit out of MGSV but that hasn't been the case with DS and he's actively making sure of that. He's made multiple comments about it.

When's the last time Sony released a demo for one of their games? Serious question.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't even bother to put a time? Do they really expect me to watch a repeating looped video all day?

No thanks.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I meant in regards to DS. If we're talking about Kojima in general then he spoiled the shit out of MGSV but that hasn't been the case with DS and he's actively making sure of that. He's made multiple comments about it.

When's the last time Sony released a demo for one of their games? Serious question.

You know being releasing a spcial demo, or a prelude, you can not spoil your game but instead build more enigma and mystery around it. He can release that for DS thus making people more confused and wanting to discover the full experience in the full game.

And about your last question both Kojima and Sony did that with P.T. and you know how much hype it created.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
I think this is the first time that mads tweets about DS after his debut announcement as one of the characters in this game! GET HYPE

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Can't even bother to put a time? Do they really expect me to watch a repeating looped video all day?

No thanks.
Well, it's not happening for the next 3 hours and 20 minutes, since it has to pass midnight in Japan.
Then it can be for the following 7 hours after that because it has to be still the 29th here in Europe.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
It's absolutely absurd how crazy good this marketing is. It's so fucking perfect how it's just this mysterious game and we barely have any information on it, outside of the trailers which didn't even give much away. So many people are already in day one just because of this marketing ploy they got going on and honestly, Im in for this damn ride.

I'm actually turned off by this. The mystery behind the game has dragged on for too long and it's very off-putting.

I hope we at least get something meaty today.

Last edited:

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
You know being releasing a spcial demo, or a prelude, you can not spoil your game but instead build more enigma and mystery around it. He can release that for DS thus making people more confused and wanting to discover the full experience in the full game.
I mean he could have also done the same with gameplay trailers/footage years ago but he refused to. And it would have been far easier than a demo. So he's clearly very protective of DS and not wanting it to be spoiled.

And about your last question both Kojima and Sony did that with P.T. and you know how much hype it created.
I said Sony game.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
The likely time is 24 hours after they went live on Twitch last night.
So my guess is in ~7 hours from now if I got the correct time for the stream start.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I mean he could have also done the same with gameplay trailers/footage years ago but he refused to. And it would have been far easier than a demo. So he's clearly very protective of DS and not wanting it to be spoiled.

I said Sony game.

P.T. was a Sony game too in case you didn't know (many don't know that too).
And Dreams got 2 free betas before the early access just in case youforgot. because it is a concept game and Sony and MM wanted the feedback of people before the full release of the game. Same may happen for DS cus it's a new genre.

And admit it: you just don't want a demo for this game don't you? No need to try to find arguments or pretexts for that you know. :p
If it ever happens that he releases a surprise demo (like with P.T.), then you don't need to download it in case you don't want to be spoiled.
For us, if he releases a demo, that would be amazing, if he doesn't well that is fine. You seem to be more concerned that he may release a demo that that he wouldn't.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.