• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

If you could only keep one, which would it be?

• PlayStation Studios titles

• Xbox Game Pass

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Why would I want less games to exist? Especially when they are some of my favorites ever.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
At this moment, as much as Game Pass provides excellent value their output just isn't on par with what Sony are putting out there. Potentially that could change within a few years if there's enough effort and money put in by Microsoft but right now I'd take what Sony are creating. Microsoft are in a great position if their studios start putting out excellent titles like Flight Sim on a regular basis though and it all comes to Game Pass.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Gamepass is great value but even though I've downloaded a ton of games through it, I haven't spent that much time in any of them (outside of Sea of Thieves) on the other hand I've spent hundreds of hours in Horizon, god of war, spider-man, tLoU 2, UC4, Tsushima, infamous second son, days gone, until dawn, last guardian etc...

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Futurama-Fry.jpg

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Services come and go, studios when cherished no.

Please mods adjust the misleading pool.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how truthful that poll is, now.

But yeah, I'm a collector so I can go without Game Pass.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Personally, Game Pass can go. I don't need a buffet of video games I have mild interest in. Give me a couple games a year that I'm dying to play instead.

My time is more valuable than the value of having access to lots of games I'll never play.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'd go with both of possible, but if not, there is no way I am going to be missing out of games like God of War, Horizon, Spiderman or TLOU2. As a gamer, that's what I live for, but I can live without Game Pass. Kind of shocked the poll is so close, tbh

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Most Sony first party stuff isn't for me, but I also don't PERSONALLY use Gamepass a ton. If I had to choose I'd go with Gamepass though.

The only first party stuff I really have any interest in is Gran Turismo and Gravity Rush nowadays, I guess it depends if Silent Hill comes and is done by Sony.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread title: "which you want to get rid of?"

poll "which you want to keep?"

not confusing at all

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't I have both? PS5 and game pass on pc. Problem solved

Like to answer the q. I would go without game pass but why

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might go Game Pass and then grab a PS5 when the games start dropping in price. Once they hit $20-30 used or on sale then I'm in. I never buy anything on day one except Nintendo games

dose

Oct 29, 2017
I can go without GamePass, I've signed up to it and hardly ever use it. I've played two games, that's it. I prefer to own my games too tbh.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I have game pass ultimate, did the 1:1 conversion from Gold for up to 2 years and some months because it seemed like a change was coming.

I did this a about a month ago, I have yet to play any games from GP.

In that same amount of time I've played TLoU 2, started up GoT at least once. Played Spider-Man....

Yeah....I get GP is a great value. But if I had to choose, it goes bye bye.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass is cool and it's what I would go with if I get Series X, but it's largely the games I passed on buying initially. So I'd go with Sony's lineup if I was forced to pick one to keep. Probably why I'm going with PS5 first this gen, their lineup looks better.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
The entire game pass or Sony 1st party then definitely dropping Sony but if it was 1st party vs 1st party then I'm dropping MS.

Gamepass is worth thousands over the life of a console.

OP
OP
GreatBriTom

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Reported the thread to mods to have it changed to match the poll.

Again, apologies for making it confusing. I was convinced I hadn't messed it up haha.

I'd be annoyed too.

Kingpin722

Oct 28, 2017
It comes down to how much money you're willing to spend. Gamepass' value is unmatched, but I'm willing to pay for the majority of those games on GP for PS5 if it means not missing out on PS Studios games.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
I can buy many of the games offered on gp for cheap, and if something is full price, just wait, and i can't ignore the games i like from Sony, so it is a no brainer

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I don't really click with some Sony first-party games, but they do have many amazing titles.

Having said that, Game Pass is probably the greatest gaming experience I've ever had, so it's an easy win for me. There's nothing quite like playing MP games with the wife on a PC and Xbox (or laptop) in the same house with one subscription. Some of my most memorable gaming times ever. Also, just having so many amazing games day 1, and such a great shared library with friends is amazing.

Also, the feeling of getting an incredible new game you've been looking forward to shadow dropped on Game Pass a day before an exciting event is like no other for me. Especially as Microsoft's 1st-party quality just ramps up, it will just make that choice more and more clear for me.

Losing Sony 1st-party would be tragic though. I'm glad that's not the way the world works.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think there is much of interest to play on Gamepass. So I'd keep the Playstation Exclusives.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
If there is no Game Pass, I can still get games for cheap eventually. If there is no PlayStation first-party, I don't get Bloodborne/God of War/Horizon/Spider-Man. I am picking games over the service.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
PS Exclusives for sure. Too many amazing games that I'd hate to miss out on. Game Pass is a great deal too but I've gone without it so far so no real loss.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
How do non-gamepass 3rd party games fit in?
If in this hypothetical world they don't exist, then I go with GamePass to have more games than I could ever hope to play. If they do exist then they will fill in the gaps of PlayStation 1st party.
Financial situation is another factor that would play into the choice.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I would keep Playstation exclusives. At least without gamepass I can still buy the games anyway lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
jfc how can the poll question be the opposite of the thread title question

this poll will be completely meaningless

like jeez

please allow us to switch our vote lol

edit: oh we CAN change it. crisis averted lol. still don't make a poll like this this is like basic thread making 101

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Strictly as a consumer, I'd prefer access to Game Pass over PlayStation Studios exclusives. The price alone makes it preferable, but if I'm being honest I've enjoyed more Game Pass titles more, if that makes sense. In 2020 especially.

Folk here keep comparing first-party exclusives to first-party exclusives but it's the selection of third-party games on Game Pass that give it the most value.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for most modern Sony first party games and i don't care about renting tens of games for a limited time either so i don't know.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
I can live without gamepass considering I am at a stage in life where I play about 2-3 games a year and thats it. Excellent value a few years ago but for now I choose Sony titles

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I would keep Gamepass. Your poll differs from the question, though, so thought I was getting rid of Playstation Studios games, when in fact, apparently I said I'd keep it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The quality of games provided by PlayStation Studios is simply too high, I would get rid of Gamepass in a heartbeat.
I agree with this. However, this premise is such a flawed choice. I really don't see how these are comparable things myself. But the start of a console gen is always bonkers like this so bring on the weird threads haha

Status
Not open for further replies.