• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering if Sony will do a dedicated PSVR2 Showcase or if it will be mixed with non-VR games too.

I don't know whether they would include non-VR games, but I can see there being a lot of hybrid games.

I've speculated before that a number of the unannounced first-party project reveals might be tied into the PSVR2 'event': I think that they want to avoid announcing a game's 'flat' mode early and then having a muted 'also available in VR!' reannouncement at the PSVR2 showcase/SoP. Instead I think they want the big reveal to show both aspects.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
So, when will the showcase be?

I was 100% in Team September, but because of Ashhong's calendar emoji reply, I'm now only 95% Team September, and 5% Team July.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
It turns out that the Doraemon Story of Seasons game is getting a western release

Oh, cool, and PS5 no less.

Also, we got:

www.gematsu.com

Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation – The Endless Seven-Day Journey coming west for PS4, Switch in August

Publisher Neos Corporation and developer Millennium Kitchen will release Shin chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation – The Endless Seven-Day Journey for PlayStation 4 and Switch in Aug…

Likely getting this day 1, great surprise it's really making it over and on PS too.
Watched some of the dub a number of years ago back when it was on Adult Swim thanks to Funi so even though the game sadly won't have that it still gives me some extra connection to the series so this should be fun.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Raymond trailer in 4k 60fps.

Aww yeah.

gRmzeu1.gif

Gif from the stream thread, I'm ready.

Last edited:

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
So not even a gameplay trailer tomorrow huh? 🤔
Maybe a short cinematic with the hammer/axe something? 🤔

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Did somebody play it recently on European servers? How long do you have to wait for a game?

The last time I played (many months ago) it took ages to get into a game. I completely dropped it afterwards.

I'm actually shocked Sony hasn't killed it off yet. If it really is improving like that, kudos to them.

Bring back Driveclub.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno... That Star Ocean trailer looked generic as hell.
I'll probably wait until it's on sale or on PS+.

Cool that Britt Baron is getting more work though.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder when we're gonna see Forspoken again. Feels like we're way overdue for a proper showing especially with the game coming out in October.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
I had a feeling that there wouldn't be a SoP but just a release date. I'm not expecting a GoW:R SoP. A story trailer with some gameplay close to release is good enough for me

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
July and August really seems like the perfect opportunity to launch the marketing for that game if it's not delayed again.
I'm looking forward to seeing how it's shaping up.

Yeah I reckon that's as good a time as any. Maybe at Gamescom even. I feel like TGS is a bit to late. Hopefully marketing ramps up soon and the delay helped in ironing out the rough edges. I'm really so curious to see a proper gameplay demo showing more of the world, towns etc.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
I think they'll have a showcase in September, like usual. I think there's a chance they might bring it forward this year and do it in mid-late August so they can show off TLoUR at the show, as the game will be a big deal for them and it makes sense to have it as a centrepiece at one of their showcases. On the other hand TLoUR might get its own State of Play ~a month before release, in which case I think they'd have a showcase without it in September, probably after Gamescom has finished.

yeah lots of games to show even if we only consider rest of the 2022 and 2023 - early 2024. I wouldn't blame them if they want to spread those reveals in multiple SoPs but a showcase is what I need with updates from other first party studios like Bend, Media molecule, Haven, Asobi team, Bluepoint, Firesprite and Xdev projects.

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I was going through Media.Vision's wiki page cuz it's been a few years since their last game and it's sad to see how many games they developed for Sony for essentially the first half of the developer's life. Oh what could have been if Sony aquired them back then. PS would have an inhouse JRPG developer.

I know they're supposed to have like 5 games in developement right now, but that bums me out more than excites me. Feels like they're spreading resources thin. Hopefully they comeback to make another Digimon RPG. I really liked the Cyber Sleuth series. The Digimon models looked so good.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Man, I was going through Media.Vision's wiki page cuz it's been a few years since their last game and it's sad to see how many games they developed for Sony for essentially the first half of the developer's life. Oh what could have been if Sony aquired them back then. PS would have an inhouse JRPG developer.

I know they're supposed to have like 5 games in developement right now, but that bums me out more than excites me. Feels like they're spreading resources thin. Hopefully they comeback to make another Digimon RPG. I really liked the Cyber Sleuth series. The Digimon models looked so good.
In all honesty, if Sony had bought them back then, they likely would have been shut down during the PS3 era / early PS4 era.

Oct 27, 2017
yeah lots of games to show even if we only consider rest of the 2022 and 2023 - early 2024. I wouldn't blame them if they want to spread those reveals in multiple SoPs but a showcase is what I need with updates from other first party studios like Bend, Media molecule, Haven, Asobi team, Bluepoint, Firesprite and Xdev projects.

TBH I don't think we're getting updates from any of these except maybe Asobi, Firesprite and XDEV. Feels too early for the others. I think we might see projects from Firewalk & Arrowhead (Helldivers 2), probably something on Spider-Man 2, perhaps PixelOpus' next and maaaaybe Guerrilla's second project. Hopefully we will hear of new partnerships from Sony with newer developers too, like we saw with Haven, Deviation, etc. TBH I think Sony has a lot of stuff cooking but most of it probably targeting 2024/2025, so I think we're a little soon to be getting it all revealed.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm checking out Wild Arms for the first time and it's been really fun so far. Feels like such a missed opportunity to not have a dedicated RPG series/developer!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Less than 24 hours until we supposedly get a release date for God of War Ragnarok... And the September trailer is merely 10k views away from reaching 15 million. It was 140k away less than a week ago, funny how the timing of that worked out.

Good time to rewatch it anyway before we possibly get more (I am specifically not embedding it to not jumpscare people here lol):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE-4GvjKcfs

Status
Not open for further replies.