• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
Wo Long is by far the best thing announced today and I'm glad there doesn't seem any indication that won't be on PS5

With both Sony and Microsoft having had events, I wonder if Tabata is going to actually unveil his next JRPG this year as he previously stated. Maybe TGS? Or maybe Nintendo was the large publisher he was working with?
Could be announced at the September showcase

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Took a look at the announcements again from todays Xbox & Bethesda showcase. Everything that isn't first-party will come to PlayStation at some point.

Redfall
Hollow Knight: Silksong
High on Life (console launch exclusive)
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Forza Motorsport
Microsoft Flight Simulator Update & Halo DLC

Overwatch 2
Ara History Untold (PC only)
Forza Horizon Hot Wheels DLC
ARK 2 (console launch exclusive)
Scorn (console launch exclusive)
Flintlock
Minecraft Legends
Lightyear Frontier (console launch exclusive)
Gunfire Reborn
The Last Case of Benedict Fox (console launch exclusive)
As Dusk Falls
Naraka: Bladepoint (console launch exclusive)
Pentiment
Grounded 1.0 Release

Ereban: Shadow Legacy (console launch exclusive)
Diablo 4
Sea of Thieves Season 7
Ravenlok
Cacoon (console launch exclusive)
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty
Persona 5 Royal, Persona 4 Golden, & Persona 3 Portable
Starfield

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Took a look at the announcements again from todays Xbox & Bethesda showcase. Everything that isn't first-party will come to PlayStation at some point.

Redfall
Hollow Knight: Silksong (console launch exclusive)
Forza Motorsport

Overwatch 2
Flintlock
Minecraft Legends
Gunfire Reborn
As Dusk Falls
Pentiment
Grounded 1.0 Release

Diablo 4
Sea of Thieves Season 7
Ravenlok
Starfield
Silksong is multiplat, isn't it? It's coming to Switch as well

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Excited for PS+ tomorrow. Haven't gotten around to Demons Souls Remake, Death Stranding, Ghost dlc, or Returnal yet. Which one do I play first??

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
With both Sony and Microsoft having had events, I wonder if Tabata is going to actually unveil his next JRPG this year as he previously stated. Maybe TGS? Or maybe Nintendo was the large publisher he was working with?

If Sony is funding one of his 3 projects, there is a chance for it to be shown at the PlayStation First Party showcase this year.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: Trolling
the main takeaways from it are that with Xbox, you won't be missing any games you used to do. Also, Xbox will be working with all the remaining independent developers even though they were making exclusive games for PS. Also finally even excluding first-party stuff Xbox is now gamepass most things will come to this service which is in stark contrast to PS+.
Also for the first time in history FM looks vastly superior to GT

It was def a good show for Xbox. Reasons to make "PlaysStation" the choice are dwindling if one has to choose. Phil has done a great job

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
They already said Bungie games including games which have not yet been announced will continue to be multiplatform.

Oh yeah, right. With that, I think Sony definitely will be after more acquisitions in the near future because MS is really agressive with those time exclusives/Day 1 on Game Pass. Microsoft is having both quantity and value, we'll have to wait to see if they have quality as well.

Also, if Microsoft can have RE4 Remake on Game Pass (doesn't say Day 1 tho), Sony could too (and I really, really hope they're after these type of deals)

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
It was def a good show for Xbox. Reasons to make "PlaysStation" the choice are dwindling if one has to choose. Phil has done a great job
ishethough.png

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
For all the hate TLoU Remake got for it not being eye melting enough, it was by far the best looking game shown this week imo.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
And another thing. I know it's going to be erally petty (since we're still getting news, games and so on), but, when was the last time Sony dropped a bombshell that really surprised you?

For me it was the Insomniac purchase that everyone was sure wouldn't happen. All the subsequent purchases were sort of a response to MS buying half the world. And the same was with game announcements so far (Horizon 2, GT7, Ragnarok, Spider-Man 2 and etc were already expected). Wolverine announcement was big, but it isn't so surprising to think that the studio that makes Spider-Man could make another Marvel game.

So far in this generation, I've been under the impression that Sony "has done the expected" and not much more.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
For all the hate TLoU Remake got for it not being eye melting enough, it was by far the best looking game shown this week imo.
Yep agreed honestly I think most people really have ridiculous expectations for game graphics and really have been out of their minds esp with the current gen stuff so far.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

The Invincible delayed to 2023, first gameplay showcase

Starward Industries has released the first gameplay showcase for first-person science-fiction thriller The Invincible, as well as officially delayed the game from its previously planned 2022 releas…
www.gematsu.com

ENDLESS Dungeon ‘First Run’ OpenDev announced

Publisher SEGA and developer Amplitude Studios have announced ENDLESS Dungeon OpenDev, a series of targeted gameplay scenarios playable by the community to help the developers gather feedback to sh…
www.gematsu.com

System Shock ‘From SHODAN with Hate’ trailer

Publisher Prime Matter and developer Nightdive Studios have released a new gameplay trailer for the System Shock remake dubbed “From SHODAN with Hate.”

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
One thing that's clear from that Xbox showcase is that I really want a first-party blowout event. State of Play was great, but I want first-party announcements, Sony. I know you got good shit cooking. Show it to me! And only me! Nobody else!!!

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
And another thing. I know it's going to be erally petty (since we're still getting news, games and so on), but, when was the last time Sony dropped a bombshell that really surprised you?

For me it was the Insomniac purchase that everyone was sure wouldn't happen. All the subsequent purchases were sort of a response to MS buying half the world. And the same was with game announcements so far (Horizon 2, GT7, Ragnarok, Spider-Man 2 and etc were already expected). Wolverine announcement was big, but it isn't so surprising to think that the studio that makes Spider-Man could make another Marvel game.

So far in this generation, I've been under the impression that Sony "has done the expected" and not much more.
Opposite for me. People have been expecting them to buy Insomniac for decades. Them buying Bungie was completely out of left field and the optics of them buying MS's golden prodigal child was a spicy moment.
Games-wise not had any bombshells for a while, but we're also in that awkward transitory period when all of their big studios are either working on known quantities or are half way through making something new and aren't ready to show. I think when they start announcing stuff like Cory, Druckman, and Haven's projects there might be some bombshells. And obviously whatever Bungie's next game is.

Redfall
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Forza Motorsport

Overwatch 2
Flintlock
Minecraft Legends
Gunfire Reborn
As Dusk Falls
Pentiment
Grounded 1.0 Release

Diablo 4
Sea of Thieves Season 7
Ravenlok
Starfield
I'm still confused what console launch exclusive means. Why can't they used limited or some shit? Like I just spent like the last half hour trying to figure out if ereban shadow legacy is exclusive or not and I can't seem to find a definitive answer!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still confused what console launch exclusive means. Why can't they used limited or some shit? Like I just spent like the last half hour trying to figure out if ereban shadow legacy is exclusive or not and I can't seem to find a definitive answer!
Its going to take awhile before things come less murky after any conference. One of the more annoying things.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

It's just the Xbox way of saying timed exclusive on consoles.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
It just means it's exclusive for the "launch period", which is just whatever MS' moneyhat contract states how long after the games launch

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Xbox's timed exclusives fortunately don't take very long. Often times they're less than six months, whereas Sony regularly does 12 months or more for their timed exclusives.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted 5 with Sully as the protagonist is not going to happen because unfortunately it is not going to have much continuity, and ND is not going to spend time on a prequel either. BUT I think they can use flashbacks like in Uncharted 3, to show a younger Sully and his past adventures.
I still don't feel like Naughty Dog should be making it. Why can't Sony do what Microsoft does and set up a studio to continue their popular legacy franchises? I think it's weird they don't.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
Kinda worried Sony starts to focus this much in live service games as MS is doing right now.

After their recent SoP I think they know where their strengths are. I do agree there was too much live service "updates" with MS that seemed like filler but then again I understand that's probably the best place to do it.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I feel like there's a huge opportunity for Sony here. Holiday 2022 is basically up for grabs. Xbox got a lot of mileage out of FH5 and Halo Infinite coming out at the end of last year. Hopefully we see Ragnarok announced soon.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I still don't feel like Naughty Dog should be making it. Why can't Sony do what Microsoft does and set up a studio to continue their popular legacy franchises? I think it's weird they don't.

They tried to set up Bend for that Job. That didn't work out.

Building new studios from the ground up is incredible hard and Sony already failed at that with Manchester Studio and the internel VASG team. Microsoft also still has its issues with The Initiative and 343.

It's not an easy way to continue a legacy franchise by building a studio around the franchise. It's probably smarter to find an existing studio who's up to the task and wants to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.