• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I really, really don't know about making the highest tier more expensive than Game Pass' highest tier.

It kind of is/kind of isn't. If you buy monthly yeah it's more but if you buy yearly it's 33% less. They're clearly pushing for yearly subs while MS is happy with 1 and 3 month subs.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It kind of is/kind of isn't. If you buy monthly yeah it's more but if you buy yearly it's 33% less. They're clearly pushing for yearly subs while MS is happy with 1 and 3 month subs.
Oh I see. Interesting.
To me it seems Premium tier is positioned for die hard older PS fans while Extra is clearly Sony's main focus and the de facto service upgrade.
Seems like it but they got streaming in there which seems like eventually they'll have to bring to the more popular tier

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Oh! nice, I have FFT:WotL, TO, and buttload more of PSP/PSX classics that I bought for the Vita, nice, nice.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
I think in it's current state(launch) I would have stayed at Essential. Have too many game in the backlog, played all the big games on the list, and the Premium selection not looking too hot yet. But I bought 3 years of PS Now so screw it, locked in for Premium 🥳I can't complain when getting in at the discounted price, hope quality only gets better and better.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I'm also shocked it's not on there. Dreams has never been anywhere near PS+ and it would have been a perfect addition to the service.

And I'm seeing that they don't talk about the inclusion of possible trophies on the classic titles, it would have been nice.

I have to wonder at this point if they're afraid Dreams' servers wouldn't be able to handle such a player load or (more likely) they're content with it being a critically lauded release that just kind of quietly hums away and makes neat things that get spread across Twitter sometimes and doesn't require much money to upkeep.

I really wish they'd go bold with it, put it on Plus and put out a PC version. I'd love to see what bigger audiences could do with it.

JoueurN1

May 15, 2020
I wonder if they have anything else in store outside of Horizon VR, the possible MP game and obviously Horizon 3, although I have no idea what else they could do at this point.
unknown.png

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me !

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So is that Ape Escape 1 for PS1 and not that PSP remake?

And does that mean they are going to fix Ape Escape 2 finally because it is broken on PS5?

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
So is that Ape Escape 1 for PS1 and not that PSP remake?

And does that mean they are going to fix Ape Escape 2 finally because it is broken on PS5?
This goes along with my previous PS2 curiosities. Is it only the PS4 Remastered PS2 games? And are they going to fix them because I think multiple have issues, not only Ape Escape 2? I think if they are gonna offer them on the service they would have to go out of their way to patch them, it definitely puts a new spotlight on them.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
Excited for the PS1 and PSP enhancements to be shown! Glad they didn't just do standard emulation with no features.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, I kind of think they slapped this list together to distract people from the outrage about Jim's bullshit last week. An incomplete list a week and a half before launch really doesn't feel like smart marketing since all it does is position the service poorly and asks people to wait for more info, again, which is something they should've learned not to do the last time they did an announcement about it.
I 1000% agree that this is a distraction tactic. Jim Ryan is a trainwreck.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I kind of think they slapped this list together to distract people from the outrage about Jim's bullshit last week. An incomplete list a week and a half before launch really doesn't feel like smart marketing since all it does is position the service poorly and asks people to wait for more info, again, which is something they should've learned not to do the last time they did an announcement about it.

Highly doubt it. People were over the Jim Ryan news literally hours later.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares what they "went with" if it's known it isn't the full list? Sheesh. We'll know the full list pretty shortly here because it's releasing pretty soon.
It hints at what they think are good games to put effort into getting on the service. Because I've got a funny feeling that at this rate, the full list is going to have people saying it's okay because they'll be adding titles over time.

And if all they can pull PS2 titles from in the near term is the ones they already did for PS4 that's also not encouraging.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's the remake! It's the only game in the series that I haven't played.
I think it is the PSOne original which is good news for me since I want that one instead. 😂
This goes along with my previous PS2 curiosities. Is it only the PS4 Remastered PS2 games? And are they going to fix them because I think multiple have issues, not only Ape Escape 2? I think if they are gonna offer them on the service they would have to go out of their way to patch them, it definitely puts a new spotlight on them.
Yup, I hope they fix them. If they add even more patchwork to make them run better then even better.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty happy with the announcement - will be getting the yearly Premium subscription.

I can't wait to replay Rogue Galaxy and then mourn the fall of Level 5 all over again.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If I had to guess, there was probably an incident or incidents reported to Sony HR regarding the abortion stuff, Jim heard about it and put some lazy both-sides garbage in his bi-monthly email out to all employees, and that's where it all stemmed from. CEOs tend to do that sort of thing.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
It hints at what they think are good games to put effort into getting on the service. Because I've got a funny feeling that at this rate, the full list is going to have people saying it's okay because they'll be adding titles over time.

And if all they can pull PS2 titles from in the near term is the ones they already did for PS4 that's also not encouraging.
I think it's fair to feel this way. I would just say I think people need to remember this is the beginning of the new service. Not many things like this start at their peak.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
No reason to do this when the customers they really care about (re: mostly ppl not on forums) either didn't even read the article, don't care about the article, agree with the article, or forgot about it almost immediately.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
That's a pretty decent list, am impressed. And very pleased they will be honoring the old PSN classics purchases. Obviously it is the right thing to do but I didn't really expect it after all this time.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just catching up. After seeing the lists....

• The Extra tier is very strong IMO. One of PS Now's failings was that there were so many 1st party games (not talking about recently released stuff) that wasn't on the list. It seems like pretty much every first party PS4 game that has been released in 2020 or earlier is on this tier.
    • Side note on that point, the fact that Dreams and TLOU 2 isn't included tells me a PS5 port is coming some time in the next ~12 months.
  • The Ubisoft stuff is a nice addition. Hopefully they will be a continuous supporter of the service.
  • The Premium tier lineup is a bit of a let down. No new PS2 games and the PS1 line up isn't super exciting. I'm sure that there are more games coming to launch, but it feels like there is so much untapped potential here.
  • Sony allowing us to keep our PS1 classics is a huge win IMO. That is nice to see.
  • I'll definitely do the Tiny Tina Wonderland trial.
Basically, Sony did a great job selling the Extra tier, not so much the Premium tier. Hopefully in four weeks time, we get more surprises.

Ludi_Ludere

May 2, 2021
blog.playstation.com

All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service

Ape Escape, Super Stardust Portable,Syphon Filter, and Tekken 2, are among the classic games with a new user experience.

Are they announcing the line-up incrementally or is this the full line-up at launch?
This is a partial list, there's like 100 games on this list. But we know the service will launch with 700+ games.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
blog.playstation.com

All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service

Ape Escape, Super Stardust Portable,Syphon Filter, and Tekken 2, are among the classic games with a new user experience.

Are they announcing the line-up incrementally or is this the full line-up at launch?
Its not the full launch list but "selection of the content" and "some" of the classic games at launch.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Just AssCreed Vikings, Guardian of Galaxy, Ashen, Artful Escape and FC3 Blood Dragon probably already pay off year of Extra and I want to play those.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
When they say refresh... do they mean the list of games will change or will they just be adding games on top?

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
they will change, like Game Pass
I'm kinda confused here since it sounds like they'll be changing the games available through the Extra/Premium tiers. Doesn't sound like the full catalogue of legacy titles will ever be available all at once

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just AssCreed Vikings, Guardian of Galaxy, Ashen, Artful Escape and FC3 Blood Dragon probably already pay off year of Extra and I want to play those.

I bought Valhalla on Black Friday for cheap but I still haven't touched it. Oh well lol.

Honestly, this news tells me to be even more patient with Ubisoft releases since there is a chance they will come to PS+.

Status
Not open for further replies.