• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Hitching my wagon to PlayStation as my only console this gen is proving again and again to have been a poor decision. Fuck this company and the people who run it.

donation links to abortion risk states !

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
JuanLatino do you mind threadmarking this?

its a thread compiling all the links to donate to at risks states in the US that have abortion trigger laws.

www.neworleansabortionfund.org

Donate — New Orleans Abortion Fund

ND WIN Fund

The ND WIN Fund provides financial assistance for abortion and related reproductive healthcare services in North Dakota

mofund.org

Donate — Missouri Abortion Fund

Your contribution makes abortion access possible for Missouri residents.

www.msreprofreedomfund.org

Abortion Funding | Mississippi Reproductive Freedom Fund

Reproductive Care. Abortion Funding. Reproductive Resources. Mississippi Reproductive Freedom Fund.

kentuckyhealthjusticenetwork.networkforgood.com

Donate Today!

Your support means everything to us!

www.yellowhammerfund.org

Donate

Donate

I will add more links to the post as I find it.

Last edited:

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Beyond his dumb quotes about gaming in general, Jim Ryan has always seemed like an ass. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt though. But his recent quote is definitely crossing a line. Fuck him.

I said it in the other thread, but I wish we'd get Shawn Layden back. Judging by his twitter alone, he seems like a progressive person. Also, he gave us the best years in the PS4 generation only to be let go when things were going better than ever.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
User banned (2 weeks): Dismissive commentary over a sensitive subject, history of similar behavior
Bungie should cancel the acquisition agreement with Sony and then we'll see how the Sony board feels about Jim staying on.
PlayStation needs to be competitive right now, and the last thing it needs is acquisition cancellations. There must be other ways to get Jimbo out.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
So many users doing drive-bys in this thread all afternoon with the worst takes. I already see a couple of bans 😅

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft is family owned, so this is self explanatory. Pretty much all of Activision's board is made of Kottick friends and supporters, he is in the company for a long time and is given the merits for how big they are today.
Maybe it's similar at SIE, with several folks at the top siding with Jim for X reasons since he is there for a long time, but there is a bigger hierarchy and multiple regional leaders, which might give more room for him to leave, I hope so at least. And they are also a subsidiary, Jim has a boss, Kottick and Yives are not under anyone.

True but unless this becomes to much of PR nightmare or hurt certain aspect of the company .
Nothing will happen to Jim .

Oct 25, 2017
Every time this man opens his mouth he hurts the brand further, so I can not fathom why Sony continue to let him stay in charge of playstation

Putting aside what he believes, as a CEO what made him think that was a good thing to say

tbf they gotten rid of people when it WAS going well.

Because Playstation makes money. It's been making money. At least until now his comments have done fuck all to hurt the brand. That's why many including myself don't think much will happen unless devs call for him to leave.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
I don't really have much to say other than fuck Jim Ryan. I'm somewhat cynical about what this will result in but I hope he gets kicked out.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation needs to be competitive right now, and the last thing it needs is acquisition cancellations. There must be other ways to get Jimbo out.
Woof…
I mean, a lot of people who oppose abortion for religious reasons also support socialized healthcare. Those things literally go hand-in-hand in a lot of their texts. Idk about rising up or anything like that but I grew up in a Catholic household and this is basically how my parents and grandparents feel.
And yet one type seems to be at the forefront of these types of calls.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Beyond his dumb quotes about gaming in general, Jim Ryan has always seemed like an ass. I always gave him the benefit of the doubt though. But his recent quote is definitely crossing a line. Fuck him.

I said it in the other thread, but I wish we'd get Shawn Layden back. Judging by his twitter alone, he seems like a progressive person. Also, he gave us the best years in the PS4 generation only to be let go when things were going better than ever.

Shawn's Twitter likes this afternoon are pretty revealing. Dude is always super positive about Playstation stuff but he's gone HARD on anti-Jim Ryan tweets.

I care less about Playstation being competitive than I do about the company learning a lesson and changing for the better long-term.

If they have to lose out on an investment opportunity to kick their shitty CEO out, I consider that acceptable losses. Bungie's female employees deserve better than being shackled to a crusted-up dinosaur like Jim.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

You're obliged to leave your oppinion. Choose your next words very carefully... The ice is very thin at the moment.

Why would Bungie leave when they are a Subsidiary of Sony and not under SIE?

Bungie is/will be an SIE company.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unless Sony corporate deems Jim Ryan a liability to their business as a result of this, I don't see Jim Ryan leaving unless he chooses to resign.

This. Unless a major part of Sony's talent (devs and other groups) threatens a legitimate walkout/resignation because of Jim Ryan's comments or the executive board/shareholders see Jim as bad for Sony's bottom line, he won't be forced out.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
Just put Herman in charge. He seems on board with the company's direction, has credibility coming from game dev, and is from Europe.

SectionZ

Banned
Sep 27, 2021
Yeah it just seemed out of place to start asking about God of War while everyone was talking about Jim Ryan's statements on abortion rights. (Nothing wrong with talking about God of War here though)
Sorry, I thought there was another thread for that. My bad. But in all honesty u don't have to check me like that. I'm all for women rights man. Jim Ryan is shit for it.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I concur Fuck Jim Ryan.

Give Shawn all the money he wants and beg him to come back.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Bungie employee women's rights are more important than competition
Yes, but I don't think that the best option to combat Jim's words is to want situations that could lead to another PS3, which could lead to workers being fired. Playstation is not in the situation to lose acquisitions and more with the competition that it has right now.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but I don't think that the best option to combat Jim's words is to want situations that could lead to another PS3, which could lead to workers being fired. Playstation is not in the situation to lose acquisitions and more with the competition that it has right now.

Then Jim can do the company and the industry a favor and resign.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020

Because having your gaming company be competitive is more important than women's rights?

Ahh yes, we must avoid reliving the PS3 era because that is most definitely the takeaway from this whole situation.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Shawn Layden always likes these types of tweets, it isn't something new nor really relevant. The likelihood of him coming back to the company is very close to 0.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
You should really start thinking about people lives more than the strength of your toy.

Also nice doing the "think of the workers" when workers' concern of their livelihood is the exact reason this shitheel made the stupid statement in the first place.

quail_lad

Aug 3, 2021
I don't think bungie would have to kill the deal. A couple of phone calls threatening to do so might be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.