• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
Take early retirement and gtfo. Let Herman tale over man has been a PR disaster since he has taken charge and with views like this no wonder.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck Jim. I maintain that he's the worst head of PlayStation they've had and now it's clearly for more than just how he runs the day to day.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Jim Ryan can fuck off. Nobody has to respect someone's opinion and when that opinion is in favor of oppressing the rights of half the human population.
I'll never understand how this can be seen as a political issue that is open for debate. It's not. There are no two sides on this issue and there's nothing to debate or discuss.

Is there not a corporate comms team at PlayStation that read the message before it was sent out and said, "Uh, bruh..."

Who says they weren't the ones recommending this tone? You're only as good as the people you surround yourself with.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I believe other personalities (influencers/reviewers) have been banned on this site for less.

That said, maybe we will get some gaming news now to cover this up.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
First his racist comment on the Middle East, know this, yeah fuck this guy

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm not creative enough to come up with an IP and reasoning for all of them. But we need a "All you need is Kill" game from Housemarque

I actually haven't heard of "All you need is Kill," but now I'm gonna look it up!

Would love to see a fully realized 'Dune' game. So many things in that huge world and lore fit perfectly into game systems. The spice as a "heal" or strengthening mechanic, the shield suits and sword combat would work really well as well and different cultures with different traditions are perfect for a WRPG. Depending on how many books the game would cover, you could really scale the game perfectly for sequels.
I could see someone like Santa Monica or Sucker Punch develop this game.

Personally don't need any more superhero games. Spiderman and Wolverine are enough. We already have tons of TV shows and Movies.

A Dune game could be really cool, especially if they make it a sprawling epic. I agree a WRPG format would work well with such a dense world!

Insomniac on TMNT 100%

Why Insomniac? Not that I don't agree they'd be a good fit, too! I chose Sucker Punch simply because the combat in GoT was so good, I think a turtles game done in that style could be awesome!

Thanks for playing along and contributing!

I honestly don't know why I bother to try and inject a different topic into the discussion for a change...

"Uncharted vs Tomb Raider vs Indiana Jones"

Trying to align game launches with TV shows would be some true stupidity from the management. Didn't people learn from when all these were disastrous?

That was a really fun and well made video! i love how they also included character dialogue and grunts from the games in it Lol

I actually want to see another entry in this series, with the 3 of them learning to work together to retrieve the dagger from some big bad XD XD

An Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, and Uncharted crossover could be so much fun. Just the characters bantering back and forth and having an adventure. Make it a short, 10 hour gaming experience similar to The Lost Legacy, and I'd be all over it.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Not much to add, just unbelievably stupid thing to write and what an insane tone.

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissive commentary regarding abortion rights over a series of posts
This may shock you all I know but there are religious people at PlayStation.

Like Scott Rohde. Second in charge of PlayStation Studios.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I actually haven't heard of "All you need is Kill," but now I'm gonna look it up!

A Dune game could be really cool, especially if they make it a sprawling epic. I agree a WRPG format would work well with such a dense world!

Why Insomniac? Not that I don't agree they'd be a good fit, too! I chose Sucker Punch simply because the combat in GoT was so good, I think a turtles game done in that style could be awesome!

Thanks for playing along and contributing!

I honestly don't know why I bother to try and inject a different topic into the discussion for a change...

That was a really fun and well made video! i love how they also included character dialogue and grunts from the games in it Lol

I actually want to see another entry in this series, with the 3 of them learning to work together to retrieve the dagger from some big bad XD XD

An Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, and Uncharted crossover could be so much fun. Just the characters bantering back and forth and having an adventure. Make it a short, 10 hour gaming experience similar to The Lost Legacy, and I'd be all over it.
I really like GoT a lot, but I found the missions and gameplay of Insomniac's stuff more engaging minute-to-minute. I certainly wouldn't say no to a Sucker Punch TMNT game.

I just a want a Spider-Man-level love letter to the franchise that's willing to be its own universe and cherry pick the best parts to make a unique thing. Insomniac impressed me with their ability to do that for Spider-Man.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
This may shock you all I know but there are religious people at PlayStation.

Like Scott Rohde. Second in charge of PlayStation Studios.
Their religion is none of our business, just like a woman's right to choose is none of their fucking business.

I still can't believe that we're in an age where people pretend that basic human rights are up for debate again. First all the anti-trans and TERF shit and now abortion rights. Fucking hell.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Fuck this guy.

I also wish people would stop idolizing these people and trying to turn them into "cute" memes.

At the end of the day, these dudes are company mouthpieces and businessmen trying to make as much money as possible for their parent company. They aren't "bros," and they aren't our friends.

Most of the people in these positions of powers are shitheads.

I'm expecting a non-apology from Jim to crop up in a few days to try and save face, then an attempt to quietly sweep it under the rug.

I'm also over people trying to downplay the various attacks and stripping away of other's civil rights by claiming it's just a "difference of opinion. or 'politics'." No. No it's fucking not. Fuck you.

Jun 22, 2021
Why did you have to be a cunt Jim?

Such a fucking moronic take, I generally can't comprehend how he thought this would be a good idea.

You can go fuck yourself

Oct 27, 2017
erik-killmonger-is-this-your-king.gif

I never want to see another Jim Ryan deepfake gif tbh

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
There is no way he continue I am sorry this is terrible look and coupled with his past blunders I can't see this guy continuing. I expect a resignation tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.