• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
The hardware may be ready for PSVR2, but surely the software will take a little bit longer to cook?

I ask myself with production problems in the current time, big spike of corona virus in China, ukraine war and repercussions of that mad man in the Kreml, sanctions and probably even more... I think seeing launch of PSVR2 this year seems very unlikely at this point of time for me.

shoemasta

The Wise Ones
Oct 28, 2017
Kratos is a bit too one layered in Gow3... It's all about his revenge...revenge...revenge... A bit like Chaos.

I much much preferred God Of War PS4 due to this. A true character development and I relate as a father.
Yeah, the Pandora stuff also feels too little, too late. Ghost of Sparta and even Chains of Olympus feel like more successful attempts at introducing characters Kratos cares about only to have them ripped away.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought Shenmue 1+2 so I'm gonna play the trilogy
2 is excellent, I still think its one of the best games I've ever played. 1 is flawed but I adore the setting, and the ambition of the game so I still manage to spend so much time playing it.
3... well I like the atmosphere of the first half of the game but its a game that could have done taking a leaf out of the anime's book - less on the fan service, more focus on the plot.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Amazing how hard it is for some people to not talk about a single advert lol.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
So...
What is everyone is going to play next?

I'm really hyped for FF Origin
Juggling a lot right now (when I probably shouldn't be). Main thing is suffering through Elden Ring's endgame. Also dabbling in FF Chaos while sprinkling in GT7 as my "chillax" game. Just picked up Triangle Strategy since I'm in the mood for a SRPG to slowly make my way through as well. Still got Forbidden West to finish but I'll probably pick that back up in the summer when I don't have anything else to play. Hasn't been a year this stacked in awhile. Since 2017 maybe?

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

You know, I saw this in theaters the other day. It wasn't near as bad as I was expecting, but I think the biggest issue is that it was just dull. Most of the action scenes were forgettable, the cast did an OK but not great job. The music was nothing special (even when they rehashed Nate's theme, it was more of a "oh, hey, look at that" thing).

Hopefully the sequel does better now that they got the origin stuff out of the way.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Which is why is makes no sense from a marketing & commercialization strategy POV, even if it's ostensibly ready. Vast majority of the world it's Spring, heading into Summer; not a great time to release a VR system that requires your isolation indoors.
They very beginning of summer at best. Q2 would be April, May and June.
Wow yeah, spring is even crazier… I'm not sure how the chip shortage is affecting these headsets but it seems like an incredibly fast turnaround. Holiday makes more sense
Amazing how hard it is for some people to not talk about a single advert lol.
w2woj.jpg

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's a huge multiplatform release that people have been waiting years for. People did the same thing with Breath of the Wild, with The Last of Us Part II, and others.

It's just part of the major release zeitgeist.
I think the difference is that I don't remember much of the overzealous hype and praise for stuff like TLOU2, Metroid Dread, etc. specifically calling out and targeting another game with unnecessary jabs and put downs.

The praise and abundance of discussion for Elden Ring isn't the annoying part. The annoying part is how frequently ER is being used as a cudgel to shit on Horizon lol. Just feels a lot more targeted and mean-spirited than some other big game releases that also take over the zeitgeist, imo. As if you can't like both, and the games need to be engaged in some battle to the death that Elden Ring "won" and Horizon "lost." Maybe I'm wrong and I just noticed it more in this case, but that's just my take.

Ultimately it's not that big a deal. And once we're further removed from the release dates I'm sure it'll be easier to discuss the games on their own merits without the needles jabs and shit flinging.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Violating staff post
Atm my hype is zero for Hogwarts Legacy, considering the DEV. But I'd like to be impressed.

200w.gif

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Wow yeah, spring is even crazier… I'm not sure how the chip shortage is affecting these headsets but it seems like an incredibly fast turnaround. Holiday makes more sense

No idea, but it shouldn't be nearly as constrained - if at all - as the APUs found in both the PS5/XSX, as those are on leading nodes. The headset likely only requires a few controllers for the display, motion tracking etc., since the grunt (edit: game rendering, background processes etc.) is handled by the PS5 itself.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
would be even more funny when Morbius is a success
Im still not sure Morbius will be a success, but I also didnt expect Uncharted to do half as well as it did. I'd not be surprised if it does well, just not Venom well. Which itself is a success because Venom is this beloved character in the Spidey mythos, Morbius... well I cant really recall all that many good stories he's had through the years aside his hilariously censored Animated version back in the 90s.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Atm my hype is zero for Hogwarts Legacy, considering the DEV. But I'd like to be impressed.

200w.gif

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Sony is hosting a State of Play highlighting Hogwarts: Legacy. This is disappointing, due to JK Rowling's horrible transphobia (among other issues with her), but it's not surprising due to marketing agreements and whatnot. That being said, we're not hosting threads about the game. Additionally, we're not going to host discussion about it in this thread, either. Any attempts to dance around this will be met with moderation.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Uncharted is a known quantity that people love, an adaptation always had a decent chance at success

I don't know a single comic fan that gives a shit about Morbius on the other hand

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm going to see Morbius as I see most films that go through the cinema but I'm not expecting too much. The main thing I liked from the trailer was the music during the 'from the people behind X films' bit.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'm going to see Morbius as I see most films that go through the cinema but I'm not expecting too much. The main thing I liked from the trailer was the music during the 'from the people behind X films' bit.
I have 0 expectations for the movie.
I'm just going to watch it because I'm one of the 10 people that like Jared Leto lol

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
So...
What is everyone is going to play next?

I'm really hyped for FF Origin
After I finish Horizon, probably a short indie game before moving on to other stuff in my backlog. I'm thinking I'll play Gris. My gf played it recently and really liked it.

I'll also be continuing my Mass Effect Trilogy playthrough (halfway through ME3 right now). And I downloaded Bloodborne a couple weeks ago to finally give the Souls games another shot, since it's probably been 8 years since I tried Dark Souls. So I might try that.

On my Switch I've been going back to Super Mario 3D World to try finishing the levels with all the characters (only used Mario my first time). Hoping to get the new Kirby as a birthday gift next month.

On PC I've always got a game of Civ, Stellaris, or EU4 going on lol.

Maybe being off-topic is being on-topic then lmao. What's your guys' favorite pizza chain? I really feel like Little Caesars doesn't get the credit its due...
Don't know if they operate outside of the state/Indy area, but I really like Greek's Pizza.

Out of the big national chains, either Papa John's or Domino's. Pizza Hut is my least favorite.

I mean, the games came out a week apart. It's understandable that there will be comparisons. Especially since they're both open world games.
Fair enough. I just think it's also understandable that some people will find those constant comparisons annoying.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I...gotta be honest. I only knew of Morbius from the few times I've seen him in the Spider Man Animated Series. Found him really tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.