• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
That small clip for the SoP on PS twitter already reached 500k+ views lol

This game is gonna be huge

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
The IP is huge still and Sony has marketing rights from the looks of it. This also means there must be some conditions both sides have agreed on for a while now regarding promotional efforts. Setting aside a separate SoP for this game allows the game to have its moment while also removing the need to showcase it extensively as part of a bigger showcase (I'm sure we will see small trailers/teasers in the future events as well however, just nothing in depth like this that takes up a lot of time).

We can accept that the IP has a lot of fans..hell I am one. I loved these books growing up. We can also accept that JK is a pos of a human being.

Cognitive dissonance people are about to feel about this game is gonna be quite something. Maybe buy it used later on something? Dunno if there is a real solution outside of not buying or buying it used.

I do feel bad for the dev team. Unless I missed I don't think they have shown any support for the BS Jk has been spewing.

Anyways, no reason to have a go at each other here over this. It is what it is.

~Millet~

Jan 21, 2019
Apparently the PS5 stock situation has worsened recently, anyone else believes that this may be caused because Sony is dedicating part of the chips to Spartacus servers?

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This took me a good few tries as well.

I spent most of his second phase dodging and attacking very rarely when I successfully beat him. When he spews exploding rocks I ran towards him rather than away, this was the best opportunity to do damage, while you can only target his eye and hands, hitting him anywhere will do damage.

I'll try that, thanks!!!!

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Cognitive dissonance people are about to feel about this game is gonna be quite something. Maybe buy it used later on something? Dunno if there is a real solution outside of not buying or buying it used.

I do feel bad for the dev team. Unless I missed I don't think they have shown any support for the BS Jk has been spewing.
That's why I still need physical media. Maybe I will play CP 2077 at some point but I need used games for that.

The dev did quite the opposite actually :

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Official Staff Communication
Sony is hosting a State of Play highlighting Hogwarts: Legacy. This is disappointing, due to JK Rowling's horrible transphobia (among other issues with her), but it's not surprising due to marketing agreements and whatnot. That being said, we're not hosting threads about the game. Additionally, we're not going to host discussion about it in this thread, either. Any attempts to dance around this will be met with moderation.

Oct 30, 2017
Apparently the PS5 stock situation has worsened recently, anyone else believes that this may be caused because Sony is dedicating part of the chips to Spartacus servers?
Not sure. But wow does the situation seem dire.

I'm fully convinced they need to go full steam ahead with PC support for all of their games. If their install base can't properly grow, they need to engage customers on other fronts.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017

Using PS5 chips for their spartacus service sounds very counterintuitive, given that your time to earn back the cost of such a server blade is dependant on the service you'll launch in the future as of now. Short-term, doing what you think right now is a bad solution I would say.
Due to the nature of the PS5 architecture, I imagine they can find a solution for that in collaboration with AMD. I recall seeing something about EPYC processors?

Nontheless the stock will worsen even more due to the Shenzen lockdown

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
That's why I still need physical media. Maybe I will play CP 2077 at some point but I need used games for that.

The dev did quite the opposite actually :

Yep hope physical media sticks around for good. Heck, I'm in the same boat as you regarding Cyberpunk. Will probably eventually play it but only as a used copy.

And that's great to see from the devs. Clearly they are not supportive of JKs bs and taking steps to further indicate that.

edit: just saw the mod message above. I'll refrain from discussing this further.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I work in telephony for entreprise and nothing has changed on that front. It even tends to be worst overall.
Basically : "you want something now ? We can ship you from air for 10$ per device..." and in very few quantity.

May 31, 2021
Sony is hosting a State of Play highlighting Hogwarts: Legacy. This is disappointing, due to JK Rowling's horrible transphobia (among other issues with her), but it's not surprising due to marketing agreements and whatnot. That being said, we're not hosting threads about the game. Additionally, we're not going to host discussion about it in this thread, either. Any attempts to dance around this will be met with moderation.
Is the game still getting an OT? Might as well ban the entire IP at this point.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
I am just glad that I decided to buy a PS5 early on. I'd normally wait a few years, but Corona + the promising line-up changed my mind. I am very curious how long this generation will be. Wouldn't be shocked if the PS6 gets a release in late 2028-2030

Jun 22, 2021
Found this on the Japanese PlayStation Twitter
FN0ZVKNaUAEWdAP

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
The-IP-That-Won't-Be-Named?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a plan to make an OT soon?

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

0xe0x

Banned
Dec 23, 2021
When there's mentions:

latest

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

It has worsened because they can't manufacture enough. They announced they were going to miss their shipment forecast for the fiscal year by 3 million units.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
While I'm sure this is probably due to unforeseen circumstances or deviating marketing plans, it is interesting to see the increase of State of Plays now. It has been a really busy season for Sony's marketing department.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
While I'm sure this is probably due to unforeseen circumstances or deviating marketing plans, it is interesting to see the increase of State of Plays now. It has been a really busy season for Sony's marketing department.

In 2020, they had The Last of Us 2 SoP and Ghost of Tsushima SoP 2 weeks apart.

This year is already packed with games, so more content for SoP.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Since this is the first third party dedicated SoP episode, is it going to be a precedent for a FFXVI SoP?
Sure hope so.

Last edited:

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021

Transistor Firstly, I don't disagree with this.

I just want to ask you directly, given the devs efforts to include trans representation, how we as a community navigate trans inclusion, in this particular instance, from those that actually hold the license and are building/creating the trans inclusive game?

All of which is in stark contrast with JK's abhorrent deluge.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to ask you directly, given the devs efforts to include trans representation, how we as a community navigate trans inclusion, in this particular instance, from those that actually hold the license and are building/creating the trans inclusive game?

This is not definite yet in terms of realisation. Unless Playstation explicitely supports and mandates such inclusion apart from the devs fighting for it.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
Considering what the devs are doing with the game when it comes to trans characters, I feel like this decision makes no sense, but I guess I will just go somewhere to discuss it considering we can't do it here.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disappointing that Sony went for the marketing rights for HL. That property should be nuclear at this point, but money talks I guess...

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Seems like if the game has a lot of hype, or is a big/important franchise to Sony, we'll see more dedicated state of plays for a lot of games in the future. So more than likely Forspoken and FFXVI will get one.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Transistor Firstly, I don't disagree with this.

All of which is in stark contrast with JK's abhorrent deluge.
Regardless of the developer's intents, we'll still have a dedicated OT for when the game comes out, so people who want to talk about the game will be able to eventually

Ariesfirebomb

Jul 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Disappointing that Sony went for the marketing rights for HL. That property should be nuclear at this point, but money talks I guess...

It feels like Warner bros is in overdrive making sure people know that JK has nothing to do with HP right now since she sold the rights, but it's def not gonna work I don't think.

I'm still curious about the game but this is all.. ugh.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
The way I see it, if Sony ever decides to debut new PS Studios games for the first time, they would do that through a showcase, not a SoP.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like Warner bros is in overdrive making sure people know that JK has nothing to do with HP right now since she sold the rights, but it's def not gonna work I don't think.

I'm still curious about the game but this is all.. ugh.
Wait, she doesn't have the rights to the HP IP anymore? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Status
Not open for further replies.