• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
Sigh.

Here's the thing.

At its most basic rationale, the reason SIE was never an organization big on acquisitions is the same reason why Apple is not investing in buying a movie/TV studio for their Apple TV initiatives.

It might sound shocking to some of you, but I've said it for the longest time. SIE is a business/organization predicated on being a platform, and they sell you products that is a storefront for other companies to engage in. Similar to Apple and the iOS storefront business.

Someone better at historical sleuthing than me can probably back this up, or clarify in better detail, but sometime in the PS3 era, I think when Phil Harrison was still around, SCE at the time, considered NOT HAVING ANY FIRST PARTY AT ALL. Yes, if someone back then decided different, Sony might've literally sold off all their first-party studios... but keep the PlayStation business.

The point I'm making here - is that for many years, the foundational business anchor that defined how they viewed business and what businesses to partake in at an organizational level at SCE/SIE is the business of being a platform provider, not a content provider. And we can see it in the rationale of how they run aspects of their business at the micro-level, with first-party games getting snubbed over third-party games, because to them, first-party content doesn't mean it gets special treatment from the perspective of someone who manages a third-party platform.

So, even if they have the avenue/opportunity to have acquired some studios/partners in the past, from their POV - so long as they remained within the ecosystem of PlayStation, it doesn't affect their business because the platform business mattered much, much, much more than the content business.

It's also why for large parts of PS1->PS3 era, WWS were more or less a Wild Wild West in terms of management. To my knowledge, at the WWS level, there were no strategic managers, no people in charge of ensuring that no studios overlapped in games, nobody to ensure that games made in WWS were equally supported/localized, where there are 3-5 different "external development arms" within Sony ( Japan Studio, XDev, SSM Xdev, Foster City, etc) and why there are stuff like Invizimals that is only made for one region.

It's only MID-WAY THROUGH THE PS4 GENERATION, that I started noticing a shift in this whole pattern. Sony started to 'care' more about first-party, but it's not to the extent that they're making drastic changes to the organization. They're still a platform company, and that's why we hear Sony saying that they view their position in the market as being 20% at most, to the primarily third-party platform being 80%. You may think that this is some lame position to be in when you can try to pursue a monopoly, but you can ask the same question of Apple too, then and they actually have a fuck-ton of money to become a content monopoly if they wanted to.

The most recent industry shift in consolidation and emphasis on content, especially as the 80% content become at risk of being owned by platform holders is definitely something that caught Sony off-guard and it's not something that they could've quickly pivoted to, given what they felt was the right position for them for years. We'll see what happens in coming months/years.

p.s. Nothing I typed above is new information. I'm pretty sure I've repeated bits and pieces of this over the years.

Damn great insight (as always )
You articulated very well what I was suspecting.

It also begs to wonder if Sony corp see PlayStation as plateform first, aren't MS's recent moves (Gamepass, 3rd P acquisitions, etc..) literally forcing Sony to change PS business model ?

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sony should go all in to make new realistic military shooter IP to replace CoD, give it proper AAA budget and marketing push. CoD fans would want an alternative when we don't have CoD anymore and they only have Battlefield now.

Sony have a lot goodwill for making many high quality IP. I think a great CoD clone from Sony would do really well as long as they don't half ass it like with their PS All Stars Smash clone attempt.
Sony needs to reboot MAG.
You can have small scale mp mode in it,
you can have large scale mp thats a bit Battlefield-ish,
With such high player count and map size you can even give BR a shot in it.
I would also ground it a bit more than the original, maybe cut it down to 2 main factions as well.

EA needs to revive Medal of Honor to try filling the void as well.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
No first-party, really? That's decidedly insane. They would be the anti-Nintendo. I wonder who suggested such a thing?

Found the article: https://www.engadget.com/2014-04-11-shuhei-yoshida-career.html

After Phil Harrison's departure in 2008, Yoshida felt threatened by internal conversations at Sony that questioned the need for its worldwide studio team's existence. After consulting then-chairman Akira Sato, he pitched Kutaragi's successor Kaz Hirai on leading Sony Worldwide Studios. A few years later, work began on the PS Vita and PS4 -– with direct involvement from Yoshida's army of developers.

So investments like they have done in the past with Evo and Epic and such?

No, I mean an acquisition of a software house, be it publisher or developer(s). Strategic fit in the content space.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Sigh.

Here's the thing.

At its most basic rationale, the reason SIE was never an organization big on acquisitions is the same reason why Apple is not investing in buying a movie/TV studio for their Apple TV initiatives.

It might sound shocking to some of you, but I've said it for the longest time. SIE is a business/organization predicated on being a platform, and they sell you products that is a storefront for other companies to engage in. Similar to Apple and the iOS storefront business.

Someone better at historical sleuthing than me can probably back this up, or clarify in better detail, but sometime in the PS3 era, I think when Phil Harrison was still around, SCE at the time, considered NOT HAVING ANY FIRST PARTY AT ALL. Yes, if someone back then decided different, Sony might've literally sold off all their first-party studios... but keep the PlayStation business.

The point I'm making here - is that for many years, the foundational business anchor that defined how they viewed business and what businesses to partake in at an organizational level at SCE/SIE is the business of being a platform provider, not a content provider. And we can see it in the rationale of how they run aspects of their business at the micro-level, with first-party games getting snubbed over third-party games, because to them, first-party content doesn't mean it gets special treatment from the perspective of someone who manages a third-party platform.

So, even if they have the avenue/opportunity to have acquired some studios/partners in the past, from their POV - so long as they remained within the ecosystem of PlayStation, it doesn't affect their business because the platform business mattered much, much, much more than the content business.

It's also why for large parts of PS1->PS3 era, WWS were more or less a Wild Wild West in terms of management. To my knowledge, at the WWS level, there were no strategic managers, no people in charge of ensuring that no studios overlapped in games, nobody to ensure that games made in WWS were equally supported/localized, where there are 3-5 different "external development arms" within Sony ( Japan Studio, XDev, SSM Xdev, Foster City, etc) and why there are stuff like Invizimals that is only made for one region.

It's only MID-WAY THROUGH THE PS4 GENERATION, that I started noticing a shift in this whole pattern. Sony started to 'care' more about first-party, but it's not to the extent that they're making drastic changes to the organization. They're still a platform company, and that's why we hear Sony saying that they view their position in the market as being 20% at most, to the primarily third-party platform being 80%. You may think that this is some lame position to be in when you can try to pursue a monopoly, but you can ask the same question of Apple too, then and they actually have a fuck-ton of money to become a content monopoly if they wanted to.

The most recent industry shift in consolidation and emphasis on content, especially as the 80% content become at risk of being owned by platform holders is definitely something that caught Sony off-guard and it's not something that they could've quickly pivoted to, given what they felt was the right position for them for years. We'll see what happens in coming months/years.

p.s. Nothing I typed above is new information. I'm pretty sure I've repeated bits and pieces of this over the years.

It makes sense. I remember reading a while go that someone at playstation said - I forgot who, this was a fair few years ago during early ps4 era - that they wanted PSN to become like Steam for consoles. And while Valve has its own development teams, they don't put out a great deal and even what they do a lot tends to be multi-platform (Orange box, etc etc). Steam is largely a storefront; they don't even pay for exclusives, they just allow people put their product up and that is that. It wouldn't surprise me if that had been Microsofts goal as well, and in the end they just couldn't compete with playstation in a traditional manner.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Sony needs to reboot MAG.
You can have small scale mp mode in it,
you can have large scale mp thats a bit Battlefield-ish,
With such high player count and map size you can even give BR a shot in it.

EA needs to revive Medal of Honor to try filling the void as well.
I think it need to be new IP, just a clean slate without the baggage of being a sequel of a game that's not really that big to begin with. And it need that Sony's trademarked AAA cinematic single player campaign with trees and emotional oscar bait story with it.

A cool story trailer with great production value is easier to sell to mainstream instead of selling multiplayer mode that rely a lot on word of mouth qnd is very unpredictable imo

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Biggest shareholders of Square Enix. These guys probably have to be convinced of any acquisition. The guy in 1st founded Enix in 1975. Doesn't seem like he'd sell to either Sony or MSFT but who knows 🤷
Screenshot-20220119-220956-Firefox-Nightly-2.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
MS fans got nothing though. CoD would have released on Xbox, Diablo would have released on Xbox, Elder Scrolls 6 would have released on Xbox.

I guess you can argue they get those games on gamepass, but those were deals MS could have made far more cheaply than buying the studios. MS could have spent 1 billion dollars instead of 80 and had all those games day one on gamepass.

If having those games day one gamepass is the goal then MS paid about 80x more than they should have. Which is why it's obvious to anyone with even half a brain the real reason they spent all that money, to take those games away from PlayStation users. Pure and simple. Xbox hasn't become a better place to play games, they paid 80 billion dollars to make PlayStation a worse place to play games.

And again, that's the entire point of these purchases no matter what kind of BS Phil tries to tell you. MS couldn't beat Sony on a level playing field, they tried for 20 years and failed, so they brought a dump truck of money to un-level it.
Your comment completely ignores the realities of the gaming landscape though.

Xbox had Street Fighter until it didnt.
Xbox had Final Fantasy until it didnt.
Xbox had KOTOR until it didnt.
Xbox had Spider-Man until it didnt.

Now Xbox has guaranteed they dont lose these games, they own the IP and can get put them on Game Pass forever. If you dont control an IP there is no guarantee it'll remain available in your ecosystem.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021

Now Xbox has guaranteed they dont lose these games, they own the IP and can get put them on Game Pass forever. If you dont control an IP there is no guarantee it'll remain available in your ecosystem.
Don't think any of that matters, the goal of the post was just to paint Xbox in a really evil light without much nuance and get easy reactions.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh.

Here's the thing.

Good post and great points.

I wonder if they started reevaluating their process post-Bethesda acquisition. But even then, I really do wonder how much weight Sony will put behind SIE. Guess we won't know for months anyways.

amstradcpc

Oct 27, 2017
At this point Sony ain't spending 10s of billions to keep PS afloat or competitive. $70 billion is prolly worth more than all of PS. A big pub after yesterday is gonna want to sell at a premium now. Sony would be better off selling PS for whatever they can get vs giving PS freaking $30+ billion to play with. They simply waited too long to tie up pubs.
If PlayStation division was separated from Sony group It would have a stock value greater than Sony group. Is like that if you ser revenues, incomes of PlayStation and compare them to the Inés from EA or Activision. Some divisions of Sony are Who decrease its overall value.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
And it need that Sony's trademarked AAA cinematic single player campaign with trees and emotional oscar bait story with it.

A cool story trailer with great production value is easier to sell to mainstream instead of selling multiplayer mode that rely a lot on word of mouth qnd is very unpredictable imo
Funny thing is thats actually what they were going for back with Socom 4

Even had Bear McCreary doing his thing back before God of War

Too bad it wasn't what the fanbase wanted and PSN went down the day after release for an entire month.

Last edited:

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019

Are we really here comparing some minor exclusivity deals for individual games to MS spending 77 billion dollars gobbling up a huge portion of the industry?

Sony have spent less than 10 billion on dev and IP exclusivity over their 25 years. Maybe even less than 5 billion.

MS have spent probably >100 billion total when adjusted for inflation at this point.

The people trying to pretend those numbers are similar and should be compared have an interesting idea of equivalence.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Are we really here comparing some minor exclusivity deals for individual games to MS spending 77 billion dollars gobbling up a huge portion of the industry?

Sony have spent less than 10 billion on dev and IP exclusivity over their 25 years. Maybe even less than 5 billion.

MS have spent probably >100 billion total when adjusted for inflation at this point.

The people trying to pretend those numbers are similar and should be compared have an interesting idea of equivalence.
It's not comparing exclusivity deals. It's showing that no IP is safe just because its on Xbox already. Even then, it's still a one dimensional view of the acquisition to think its only about CoD and keeping it away from PS.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

While I get your overall point, the fact remains all the same.

Sony prevented Xbox from receiving numerous former multiplat games, such as the ones listed above.

No doubt they have even more timed or console exclusive deals coming this gen; MS decided to nip that in the bud and go on the offensive.

With that said, what Sony did was definitely peanuts compared to the extreme response from MS (Bethesda and AB).

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Fuckit, I still think Sony is aiming very high with their subscription ambitions. Not just gaming, but everything. Games, TV, movies, anime and maybe even music.

Sony's an entertainment company and are in a unique position that no one else can offer with such a wide assortment of entertainment media. Yes I know Sony currently does the arms dealer approach with their non-gaming media and puts it on other services, but in several years I can see them wanting to put it on their own service. Offering a single subscription service (ie. the highest tier of Spartacus) that rolls all that into one could be a helluva offering to folks.

Sure they could still offer a la carte packages for those who want specific things, but the real meat and potatoes would be that all-in-one sub. If they go after a larger media company like ViacomCBS then that'd most definitely give them all the content they could need for such a service.

Deleted member 68874

Banned
May 10, 2020

I wasnt comparing money. The facts are the facts, if you dont own an IP you dont get to control whether it continues to go to your platform.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
With that said, what Sony did was definitely peanuts compared to the extreme response from MS (Bethesda and AB).
A good bit of the "extreme response" in ABK isn't even relevant to Sony. King was easily worth 1/3 or even more of the entire deal. Blizzard outside of Overwatch is non-existent on either console. I don't understand why people are reducing this down to just "Xbox wanted to keep CoD off of PlayStation". They got two of the most prolific mobile and PC studios. Two areas where Xbox needs to continue to grow. Also areas where Xbox needed to grow: Asia. Blizzard games are pretty big in South Korea and other parts of Asia. They also wanted more family friendly franchises, they got that as well. Making CoD exclusive absolutely 100% played a big factor in it... but I see it's become very common to boil down this whole deal into "just to take CoD away from PlayStation".

Zenimax was more akin to wanting control over them because those could've very easily started becoming exclusive to Sony platforms like Square and Capcom games listed above. Deathloop, Ghostwire are timed exclusives and even Starfield was in the talks to be timed to PS5. They were just saving their butts.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Sony should probably consider showing HFW's story trailer in cinema theaters. It's well done.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
A good bit of the "extreme response" in ABK isn't even relevant to Sony. King was easily worth 1/3 or even more of the entire deal. Blizzard outside of Overwatch is non-existent on either console. I don't understand why people are reducing this down to just "Xbox wanted to keep CoD off of PlayStation". They got two of the most prolific mobile and PC studios. Two areas where Xbox needs to continue to grow. Also areas where Xbox needed to grow: Asia. Blizzard games are pretty big in South Korea and other parts of Asia. They also wanted more family friendly franchises, they got that as well. Making CoD exclusive absolutely 100% played a big factor in it... but I see it's become very common to boil down this whole deal into "just to take CoD away from PlayStation".

I'm not quite sure either of these 2 major acquisitions will help make inroads into the Asian markets.

Starcraft is no where near as big in Korea as it was in its heyday; it's been slowly losing ground to MOBAs over the years.

However, Spencer did say that they're looking into acquiring JP developers, so maybe that will actually give them viable presence in Asia.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I'm not quite sure either of these 2 major acquisitions will help make inroads into the Asian markets.

Starcraft is no where near as big in Korea as it was in its heyday; it's been slowly losing ground to MOBAs over the years.

However, Spencer did say that they're looking into acquiring JP developers, so maybe that will actually give them viable presence in Asia.
Oh absolutely not, but the name still carries immense weight, same with Overwatch and World of Warcraft. It's much easier to get the IPs and build off of them then trying something completely new to try to make inroads into Asian markets. Something Xbox has clearly failed at for sometime.

BaronVonJof

Apr 12, 2018
United Kingdom
Sigh.

Here's the thing.

Thank you for this post. Brilliant and informative ❤️

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sigh.

Here's the thing.

These are the kinds of posts I come into this thread for.

Thank you!

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Replayed the Uncharted trilogy in the past few days and U3 is way worse than I remembered lol. I used to have a soft spot for this one and it was my favourite at launch in 2011, but Goddamn does it not hold up at all.

The reused boss fights; the filler Rameses section that contributes nothing to the story; the horribly unpolished Syria section (see below) and weird drug subplot; the bad enemy hit reactions and long-winded, repetitive melee combat; underdeveloped and underused villains that lead to unanswered questions; really bad plot conveniences like the Golden Hind statue being in the very room Drake is standing in lol; etc.

Something must have gone terribly wrong during development because the game feels undercooked and lacks a ton of polish compared to 1 and 2. Maybe Schrier's book delves into this, idk, but the whole game feels like a strange disjointed mess to me now. Even that whole Sully fake-out at the end was so awkwardly done, and never mind the anticlimactic deaths of Marlowe (who gets waaay too little screen time) and Talbot (who apparently has magician powers that are never addressed?).

Also wth happened to some of the cutscenes? The lighting/models often make everything look awful, and I think U2 had far better cutscene cinematography and lighting. So many things also looked better (and more atmospheric) in the pre-release trailers; I can't think of any reason why they changed things outside of technical limitations, but even then, this is just really ugly to look at lol

images

25i5fk7.jpg

Easily ND's worst game since Jak X 😭
Its gonna be 2030 and someone will still use that cursed comparison image lol

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
Interesting.

Hopefully they reclaim everything back. They need it more than ever.

The problem is that the stocks will be going down after first earrings reports after Activision-Blizzard games leave PSN. May be even earlier when first Call of Duty hits Game Pass. Let's not forget that Sony promised their shareholders that company is aiming for 50% market share in terms of revenues (games console market).

PlayStation targets over 50% of the games console market with PS5

They literally gave false promise. Now, imagine if Microsoft pays premium for more chips and limit Sony's ability to produce consoles?

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Horizon series is internally defined by a rule that is constant in each and every entry no matter what: to give the players a sense of awe in both graphics and gameplay in a way we weren't expecting.

That was the same impression I got from Zero Dawn's debut trailer. The graphics were too good to be true in the beginning only to see Aloy actually moving in real time later in the trailer. And the same applies to the gameplay. It was jaw dropping when we saw Aloy fight those big robot dinosaurs with all the awesome mechanics at her disposal.
We'd never seen anything like that before.

Same for HFW. The game visually astonishes and the gameplay demo of last year was the most impressive gameplay trailer of anything I have seen for next gen. (I'm especially excited for the underwater gameplay adventure).

That's why I think Call of The Mountain will be awesome in both the visual fidelity AND the gameplay.

I think it will cease to be a Horizon game if it doesn't drop jaws.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
It seems that Sony recoup almost half of the lost value today on TSE:
www.google.com

Sony Group Corp (6758) Stock Price & News - Google Finance

Get the latest Sony Group Corp (6758) real-time quote, historical performance, charts, and other financial information to help you make more informed trading and investment decisions.
Some of it was baked-in due to the overall Nikkei index being down yesterday. And some of it has been due to people buying up Sony stock on the cheap. Probably includes some ERA-posters no doubt lol

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
The problem is that the stocks will be going down after first earrings reports after Activision-Blizzard games leave PSN. May be even earlier when first Call of Duty hits Game Pass. Let's not forget that Sony promised their shareholders that company is aiming for 50% market share in terms of revenues (games console market).

They literally gave false promise. Now, imagine if Microsoft pays premium for more chips and limit Sony's ability to produce consoles?

Stock prices are always very sensitive to news as you say.

Announcement next year of CoD hitting Game Pass it goes down, Spiderman 2 launches a month after and breaks all PS studio's records it goes up again.
PSVR2 launches this year and is a hot item with Christmas it goes up again.

That's why i left the stock market many years ago its such a long waiting game and have to be "on" it all the time.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
I really doubt that Sony will make a big purchase ala EA Games or Take Two, but notable devs are possible. Devs like:
- Bungie for some MP/FPS competition;
- CDPR as been suggested for some WRPG competition;
- From Software for some unique ARPG experience.

Why i don't want to cheerleader corporate acquisitions, it's pretty clear that those moves will be defensive because of MS extreme aggressiveness.

And what if a merger ala WarnerDiscovery is the only solution? May be Sony should divest PlayStation while keep a solid stake in the company and merge it with a big publisher like Take Two or EA Games. May be those companies will prefer to survive in a new form than to be absorbed by big tech company? Somehow i think that PlayStation will have a better corporate strategy if they are on their own.

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Concern Trolling
After the Horizon trailer, you can be forgiven to taking a pause and asking yourself what the future for PlayStation is. If you own a Digital console, for instance, do you want to buy any more games right now knowing that you'd never be able to trade/sell them because the third party games you want may not be available on your platform?

You've spent hundreds as an investment but now that's potentially gone.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
My holy trinity of publishers are Sony, Ubisoft and SE. Most of my games are my these 3 publishers and if Microsoft got any of these 3 I would consider getting an Xbox but otherwise Activision doesn't effect me and I can live without Bethesda.

I think EA would be a good get even if the sports games are multiplaform. Sony can use the esports route and make it so esports can only be competitive on the PlayStation platform. It might cover whatever loss they get from losing COD. They would also get Bioware. If Microsoft got EA they would have cornered the market for WRPG's

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Sony saying they "hope to achieve over 50% market share in console games revenue with PS5" is not giving a false promise, lol.

And my friend, I think you need to calm yourself a bit. AB content won't be leaving this FY that ends in a couple months. AB content won't be leaving next FY. Even the next FY after that plenty of their content will likely still be on PlayStation as things like Warzone aren't leaving and will continue to be supported for the foreseeable future and there's a likely chance the 2023 COD will still be on PlayStation. And even when the drop in revenue actually hits, we're looking at what, probably a billion dollars for everything AB would've brought into SIE for revenue a year? Maybe 2? I can't see it being higher. Last FY SIE brought in 25 billion dollars revenue which dwarfed their previous record set in 2018 by over 4 billion.
Source

As I mentioned earlier, chances are that Sony's already negotiated contracts for AB content to be on Spartacus months ago. Even if they haven't, they've got 1.5 years to negotiate that deal for AB content to be on Spartacus for years to come.

SIE's spreading out into multiple new revenue streams like mobile, film/TV and PC. These are revenue streams that didn't exist on their books before but will now, and will help to minimize any losses from AB being gone. Not to mention they're now moving into the premium subscription business and investing far more heavily into first party content.

Shareholders aren't gonna give a flying fuck because SIE and Sony as a whole are still going to be making bank for a long time to come.

Everything shall be fine :)

Oct 20, 2021
I think Sony's current year is packed enough that they don't have to worry about this for now. People will buy what they can get. So they have some time to figure out a response imo. We'll probably hear sth. at the end of the year, if I had to guess. No idea what that response looks like, but it's kinda exciting, not gonna lie. But that's easy for me to say as someone who never plays Activision games.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
After the Horizon trailer, you can be forgiven to taking a pause and asking yourself what the future for PlayStation is. If you own a Digital console, for instance, do you want to buy any more games right now knowing that you'd never be able to trade/sell them because the third party games you want may not be available on your platform?

You've spent hundreds as an investment but now that's potentially gone.

Why is it gone if you enjoy those games?
You have never been able to resell digital games so whats the difference?

Or is this a meme I am missing lol

Oct 28, 2017
Why is it gone if you enjoy those games?
You have never been able to resell digital games so whats the difference?

Or is this a meme I am missing lol

The difference is your favourite games may no longer be coming to the platform, hence you've spent $400-600 to experience a PS5 with those few games you've already bought. That wasn't the intent, so suddenly the value of owning those few digital titles, and nothing beyond that, gets lost.

Put it this way, if this news had broke in September 2020, the vast majority of people would have held out on pre-ordering their PS5s until they knew more about the future of third party titles. If you think that notion is overly dramatic, or meme-worthy, then I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.