• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I'm 30 now. Thinking about waiting till I'm 33 or 34 to play Ragnarök for 10€ cheaper seems insane to me.

But power to everyone who has that patience.

I wanted to build a PC this year too to play AoE4 and some other RTS games, but it's simply not possible to get good prices right now.

I'll build my rig hopefully next year but most of my game time will remain on console. I've been a PC gamer for a long time in the past and I've never experienced that level of frustration I had in that time again after switching to PS4 as my main gaming machine.

Zeneric

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Dunno. MS going PC. Sony also going PC. Eventually Nintendo will go PC.
And you guys still doubt it? Consoles we know today will be dinosaurs in the future. Streaming devices.
If I'm crazy for thinking that - then too bad.

Last edited:

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
To be absolutely fucking cynical-

Sony knows the die-hards of the die-hards, those who enjoy being in both the zeitgeist and can afford a wide-range of gaming experiences... will still buy a PS5 to play their games. In fact, it's the die-hards that will complain but also double-dip the $50 PC version.

So you know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alderade

Oct 27, 2017

Sony knows the die-hards of the die-hards, those who enjoy being in both the zeitgeist and can afford a wide-range of gaming experiences... will still buy a PS5 to play their games. In fact, it's the die-hards that will complain but also double-dip the $50 PC version.

So you know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's so true. I'm happy for PC players but I will never pay 50$ for God of War 2018

Oct 26, 2017
Soooooo... After years of being a lurker and months after I decided to make an a account.

I took the decision of making my first post here and I have decided to make it in truly PlayStation OT fashion, with doom and gloom.

Welcome!

just enjoy your PlayStation games as long as you can and don't worry too much about potential PC releases.

You say that now, but just wait until the Colony Wars and G-Police remakes are announced as being exclusive to PC...

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Hey all! I got an invite to order a PS5 through Playstation Direct - but I am not sure if I am going to be able to order it this afternoon. Are these invites a one time thing only? Would I be excluded from receiving an additional invite in the future if I don't do it now?

Silly Buck

Oct 28, 2017
We could just be thankful that games like God of War and Returnal exist, and were made to fit a preferred gaming experience via traditional console. These games going to PC doesn't hurt PlayStation at all, since it's still PlayStation that are responsible for bringing these games to the masses in the first place.

You wouldn't be mad at a movie also being offered to watch at home from day one, even though you love going to the movie theatre... I'm glad more people will have more choice in enjoying their gaming experiences.

So long as people enjoy having consoles in their living spaces and gaming that way, consoles will be here to stay. The lines have already been blurred between them being PCs and that may increase in the future, but if Sony can sell a PlayStation console to people they will keep making them.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think that stops anything. If there's one thing I've learned about internet communities, there's always something to bitch about.

Folks will never run out of things to be concerned about. Then throw in an over-inflated sense of entitlement, a sprinkle of elitism and a heaping spoonful of ignorance of how to run and grow a multi-billion dollar organization and you get a lot of the nonsense we're experiencing.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
No probably just an Easter egg for fans of the franchise, or possibly a tease that he'll have the stache in the sequel.
Kinda like the Tomb Raider (movie) end credits where she picked up the dual pistols.
That would be so strange. Imagine holding back facial hair for a sequel. I wonder if they will do the same with the upcoming Mario Bros. movie.

Nicte

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
User Warned: Antagonizing Fellow Members
Thanks, you made me very uncomfortable to be a playstation fan.
I'm happy that more people will play this amazing games. And I will not buy a 3000$ computer and a desk for a room i don't have to play 4 years old games.
You are the problem, not playstation.

People like you truly make my world go round but then again I don't know if what I did counts as a bait but like my mom says take every win that you can take.

I feel bad for you though take this my sweet contribution of the day: https://www.k5learning.com/reading-comprehension-worksheets

I'm 30 now. Thinking about waiting till I'm 33 or 34 to play Ragnarök for 10€ cheaper seems insane to me.

But power to everyone who has that patience.

I wanted to build a PC this year too to play AoE4 and some other RTS games, but it's simply not possible to get good prices right now.

I'll build my rig hopefully next year but most of my game time will remain on console. I've been a PC gamer for a long time in the past and I've never experienced that level of frustration I had in that time again after switching to PS4 as my main gaming machine.

I think my least favourite thing of PC is how little you have to do like missing a driver of 2008 to make your PC explode hahaha

So you know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only people that are going to wait 1, 2 or 3 years are people that like PC gaming and nothing else or patient gamers™ it's okay they going to get a sweet deal. The industry is heading that way and it's only normal and to be expected I fully expect day and day releases with PC starting with probably multiplayers like the next game from firewalk which would be an awesome idea to not see them die that fast and maybe creating a massive new IP

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
blog.playstation.com

Among Us Launches on PS4 and PS5 December 14

Grab your crew - the hit social deduction game is coming to PS4 and PS5.
Have friends on other devices? No worries. The PlayStation version of Among Us allows for crossplay so everyone can play together. 4-15 player lobbies are supported with online multiplayer.

51608042012_1f6876a990_n.jpg

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I got more vibes of Drake from Sully then I did the one who is suppose to be Drake lol

But Sony likely wants to make this a long running movie franchise so I guess they don't care for an older actor.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That would be so strange. Imagine holding back facial hair for a sequel. I wonder if they will do the same with the upcoming Mario Bros. movie.
Yeah, agreed. It's really stupid but it's the only logical thing I can see them do, now that we know he's not sporting the mustasche during the film itself.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I absolutely hate the fact that God of War is headed to PC I actually do see it as a devaluation on the brand since every 4 years and now probably sooner since the old GForce leak now seems so real. That means that Returnal (my GOTY) a game released this year is probably going to see a new store by 2022 or 2023 with a lower price (most probably) and better everything (the one thing that stings the most). Nobody expects Nintendo games on PC but the entitlement for Sony's games is there and it shows if we look at different subreddits or game forums. Now Bloodborne and Ghost are not only expected but also HFW and GT7 which is just awful and mind-blowing.
Feels pretty childish to be angry that PC player get to play a four year old game. I think this is a good business decision, and good for PC players. The PC gaming market is enormous, and Sony leaving it unchallenged to their competitors is poor, it leads to Xbox and PC being the same monolith. If every PS Studio game from now on came out for PC 18 months after it would be a good thing for Playstation users, more sales, more income, more capex in developing better games for all.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I got more vibes of Drake from Sully then I did the one who is suppose to be Drake lol

But Sony likely wants to make this a long running movie franchise so I guess they don't care for an older actor.

It would be ironic if they rejected Nathan Fillion because he is too old to star in multiple Uncharted movies and instead casted younger actors for both, Nate and Sully, resulting the movie to bomb and there not being multiple Uncharted movies.

Nicte

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
What am I even reading here?

Once I tried to install Mass Effect if my memory does not fail me, I of course being my poor self got it from a certain place that I don't even know if I can mention here without getting banned for enabling piracy. It was asking me for more than one driver to run it (pretty sure is called driver educate me if not pls). I just made an hyperbole of the PC exploding, then again I've seen people building PCs and they forget to install something or installed something wrong and the wifi does not work, gets stuck on a certain place or plain and simple does not start.

Feels pretty childish to be angry that PC player get to play a four year old game. I think this is a good business decision, and good for PC players. The PC gaming market is enormous, and Sony leaving it unchallenged to their competitors is poor, it leads to Xbox and PC being the same monolith. If every PS Studio game from now on came out for PC 18 months after it would be a good thing for Playstation users, more sales, more income, more capex in developing better games for all.

Read the full post please and some of the answers that I already gave. If you truly think is still childish after reading again I can't do anything else for you.

Good to know, please go back to 4chan. Thanks.

But I don't want to.

Your Welcome ;D

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It would be ironic if they rejected Nathan Fillion because he is too old to star in multiple Uncharted movies and instead casted younger actors for both, Nate and Sully, resulting the movie to bomb and there not being multiple Uncharted movies.
yes but I feel that is why they casted a younger actor, they want to have a long term Uncharted franchise plan instead of having issues later on with an old actor

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
The only people that are going to wait 1, 2 or 3 years are people that like PC gaming and nothing else or patient gamers™ it's okay they going to get a sweet deal. The industry is heading that way and it's only normal and to be expected I fully expect day and day releases with PC starting with probably multiplayers like the next game from firewalk which would be an awesome idea to not see them die that fast and maybe creating a massive new IP

I really won't call what PC players getting a sweet deal .
The get some more gfx option thanks to there hardware but $50 for game that years old or that they giving away on PS not that sweet lol.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
The get some more gfx option thanks to there hardware but $50 for game that years old or that they giving away on PS not that sweet lol.
Yea that's the thing that I'm confused by. You can buy GoW on PS4/PS5 now for 20 dollars or even less in the next big sale. 50 bucks for a game that's 4 years old isn't some amazing deal

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Once I tried to install Mass Effect if my memory does not fail me, I of course being my poor self got it from a certain place that I don't even know if I can mention here without getting banned for enabling piracy. It was asking me for more than one driver to run it (pretty sure is called driver educate me if not pls). I just made an hyperbole of the PC exploding, then again I've seen people building PCs and they forget to install something or installed something wrong and the wifi does not work, gets stuck on a certain place or plain and simple does not start.

Well, so that's the issue lol

Steam installs what you need when you launch the game for the first time.

Nicte

Banned
Mar 20, 2021

With the exception of the games being old they truly get a sweet deal at least from my point of view, they get the game for 50 or as low as 19.99 something tells me they are not going to ask 50 or 60 for let's say Returnal, the game is going to get full dual sense support which is magnificent and with top of the line graphics I doubt the game is gonna look outdated in 2 or even 5 years and with better framerate and the lots like dlss etc. Also I truly expect the games leaked are going to get released on PC like Returnal or demon's souls in about a year or maybe year and a half

I did. I even when to re-read it again as you prompted. Can't come up with anything better than extremely immature.

Just because I think you're being honest and not joking.
I answered to someone saying that the post was half joke I have years reading this OT and some others like news or leaks not really the ones from XBOX or Nintendo because I have never cared for an xbox and my switch lives in the stand because I cant be asked to get new joycons because of the drift issue every 1 to 3 months. This OT has an especial ability to fall under doom and gloom specially that one user that I do know his username that always wants a J/RPG and always has a very depressive view of PS decisions, awesome reads specially when he is not like that and gives very awesome insight also at the beggining of the post I literally posted about the doom and gloom thing

God of War is regularly $10 on PS5/PS4, I am not going to feel bad about PC getting a $50 game, 4 years later that might have slightly better settings.

Now yes but I gladly bought the CE for that one too :D And I do feel kinda bad specially when they didn't even gave us a PS5 version. But hey at least they gave us 60fps. And I know I know they did not give us one because Ragnarok probably launches next year and the game would not feel as new if they give us a full PS5 version but still.

Well, so that's the issue lol

Steam installs what you need when you launch the game for the first time.

Right I mean it was only a tiny mistake sorry haha

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
So this is the first of Playstation Productions. Let's see how this whole endeavor pans out.
And it seems Tom Holland has become Sony's go-to boy now that he's starring in both Uncharted and Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.