• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think Blue Point would make a sequel to Bloodborne. From a money stand point there is probably just as much if not more to be made from a remake of the original in the Demon's Souls engine. And they aren't dumb, they know many fans wouldn't be happy it wasn't being made by From.

As developers I'm sure the first original "content" they want to make is something new that their team thought up.

If they make a sequel to anything it should be Demon's Souls, some would still be annoyed but that ship has sailed. From made 3 sequels to it, if Blue Point wants a crack there really is no harm. Souls game with good graphics isn't a bad starting point for a game.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
y'all think Elden Ring is delayed?

Elden.png

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I think Elden Ring got delayed, but I'm not sure though. Will wait for more threads to confirm it.

eldenringdelaydjjcd.png

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
You have one week to finish HFW before OoOOohhh Elden Ring, probably not possible if you are working full time and want to sleep.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Guys, I heard a rumour that Elden Ring was delayed. Don't know though, haven't seen many people talking about it.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Oh noe, an elden ring delay. Well, more time for my backlog I guess. February will be packed.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Well, means no Elden Ring for me in February. One week isn't nearly enough to finish Horizon.

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
User banned (permanent): Cross-forum drama; History of sinophobia and hostility towards staff
Last edited by a moderator:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I think From Software will cancel Elden Ring and focus on Dark Souls 4 instead...I heard some stuff.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
No one will delay past March that's for sure, they want to make FY release.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Oof, making a choice between HFW and Elden Ring? That's gonna be a toughie for a lot of people.

It'd be easier for me if they'd release the same day, I would pick Elden Ring first but now I'll be playing Horizon the entire weekend and holding ER for after I finish it. I'll have to quit social media and especially Era lol.

I don't think Horizon will hold the date tho, they'll probably need a few weeks to meet the standard quality.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
Damn I was hoping to play ER and finish it by the time HFW came out but now it'll probably wait since I won't not be able to play HFW at launch

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
I wish I could join in the sorrow at having to pick between the two, but I'm probably going to mainline Horizon over that weekend and be done long before ER comes out.

Oct 25, 2017

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
March looks like a problem too

Gran Turismo 7
Tina Tiny's Wonderland
Strangers of Paradise
Midnight Suns
WWE 2K22
Grand Theft Auto V part 3

Sifu and Saints Row probably need to get the hell out of dodge but I don't know where you move to given the need to release by end of March.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I will see what I will do, but between ER and HFW, Elden takes priority definitely. Also HFW is the type of game that will flood used game shops, so I might grab a cheap copy week-two later.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Gran Turismo 7
Tina Tiny's Wonderland
Strangers of Paradise
Midnight Suns
WWE 2K22

Sifu and Saints Row probably need to get the hell out of dodge but I don't know where you move to given the need to release by end of March.

Take Two has four fucking games releasing that month.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be easier for me if they'd release the same day, I would pick Elden Ring first but now I'll be playing Horizon the entire weekend and holding ER for after I finish it. I'll have to quit social media and especially Era lol.

I don't think Horizon will hold the date tho, they'll probably need a few weeks to meet the standard quality.

Yeah, it's going to be a balancing act of a lot of companies at the moment. Picturing a delay to HFW, I'd see it moving to say April or later in March so as to not clash too much with GT7 (There's not too much of an audience overlap, but it's probably easier for Sony to focus on one game release at a time for their major titles when it comes to the big launches).

Bearing in mind of course we still don't have an official date for God of War Ragnarok!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 are GT7 and Elden, everything else is up in the air. I kinda want Stranger of Paradise too but I had few nitpicks with the demo, so I hope they will fix them.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Gran Turismo 7
Tina Tiny's Wonderland
Strangers of Paradise
Midnight Suns
WWE 2K22

Don't forget Triangle Strategy. March has something for everyone!

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Yeah, it's going to be a balancing act of a lot of companies at the moment. Picturing a delay to HFW, I'd see it moving to say April or later in March so as to not clash too much with GT7 (There's not too much of an audience overlap, but it's probably easier for Sony to focus on one game release at a time for their major titles when it comes to the big launches).

Bearing in mind of course we still don't have an official date for God of War Ragnarok!

Honestly I don't think they'll delay the game because of other games, meeting deadlines is hard and they set that Feb 18 a bit too early. I don't think they'll keep it.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That is why God of War doesnt have a release date yet, it will only get delayed, like the first game.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sony will not delay Horizon because of Elden Ring
Horizon sold more than 10 millions copies being a exclusive and Elden ring have a vastly different audience

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Honestly Q1/FYQ4 is becoming worse than the Holiday season for game launches. Waaaayyy too many games launching in such a short period.

Horizon launched around BOTW and it did nothing to stop how successful that game was.

tbf, BOTW also launched on a completely different ecosystem exclusively.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Once Stray, Horizon and possibly Tiny Tina Wonderlands are not delayed I will be happy. Its all I am interested in.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Horizon will only be delayed if its actually not ready, not for any release strategy reasons.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Sony will not delay Horizon because of Elden Ring
Horizon sold more than 10 millions copies being a exclusive and Elden ring have a vastly different audience

Yeah, both games will do great. There are lot's of people hyped for Sony 1st party and From has big dedicated fan base that will buy their game, no matter when it release. :)

Sifu releases between these two games and i can see getting delayed.

HFW is going to outsell Elden Ring.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.