• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
What ever happened with the big persona event? Is that still going on? I thought they were gonna reveal persona 6 or a new game?

The first announcements were that there would be a P5 concert, stage play, all Persona anime's were now available for streaming in Japan and the games were going on sale. The next announcement is set for December.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
If Sony are sticking to the pattern they've followed most of this year then we should expect an event of some sort within the next 4 weeks. That pattern being an event every 4 to 8 weeks. Now if they are doing a bigger December event I could see them holding off on a smaller October event for that. Still, I'm curious if they will do anything within the next month and what content might be on it.

Maybe a SoP where we get more God of War with a release date?

Nov 21, 2017
Seems Jade next game is probably closer to The Sims than it is with Assassins Creed.

I still think it might be a VR PS Home type of game.

As someone who loves The Sims
you-had-my-curiosity-now-you-have-my-attention.jpg

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'm going to start plaster Angie i huge letters in every pic I post here.

Because seems everytime I post a pic here, it ends up on twitter, and the last ones was just a silly one that meant nothing.

Ludi_Ludere

May 2, 2021
User Banned (3 days): Trolling
I didn't answer your dumbass question because you're twisting my words.
Clear enough for you?
Twist your words? Are you reading or just making things up so you can skip answering the question? You said you didn't like option A, so I asked would you rather option B or do you think there is another option? Seems simple or is that difficult?

But sure don't answer if you can't think of something.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, because RaD was brought up today, let's go out on a limb here

I think they are quite in a weird situation right now.

They got quite big (~ 150 devs) and are a highly ambitious studio that was working on an AAA console game and Lone Echo II when Facebook acquired them.

Facebook has since discontinued Oculus Rift, and is 100% focused on the Quest 2 now.

I could see if there is some dissatisfaction within RaD because they wanted to do big things over there and might got a reality check after the acquistion. Like I said, they are quite an ambitious team and that probably wouldn't sit well with them.

What is also weird is that the studio has currently 0 open vacancies neither on their hompage nor on linkedin. I probably haven't seen that for a studio that big like ever. Other facebook studios like Beat Games do have open positions.

There is also really little activity from RaD's social media channels these days. Even devs over their don't tweet a lot anymore, even though Lone Echo II is releasing in a few days.

So, basically what I'm kinda predicting/hoping/wishing is that SIE might be in talks to acquire RaD. That's 100% speculation but I could see Facebook probably not wanting such a big studio, when smaller studios like Beat Games deliver bigger hits for Quest. Sony needs VR studios and will have bigger, more ambitious projects for PSVR2 and RaD would be able to get back into AAA console development. Win-Win-Win for everyone.
I like RAD too but without like a Schreier/Bloomberg piece on it, It's hard to believe they'd have seller's remorse with it only been a year since joining Facebook's Oculus Studios. The minimal activity on marketing & recruitment from them seems kinda odd but It's likely just the team collectively focusing on completing Lone Echo II, supporting Echo Arena, and probably in the process of turning that AAA Console Game into a VR Exclusive instead. Even if it was the case of promises already being broken between RAD & Oculus Studios, the best it'd end up would be RAD buying themselves out but losing their Echo IPs to Facebook then likely doing partnership deals or self publishing for the foreseeable future like IO Interactive or Bungie.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
If Sony are sticking to the pattern they've followed most of this year then we should expect an event of some sort within the next 4 weeks. That pattern being an event every 4 to 8 weeks. Now if they are doing a bigger December event I could see them holding off on a smaller October event for that. Still, I'm curious if they will do anything within the next month and what content might be on it.

I would expect a SoP for GT7 before GoW

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017

A consistent recent pattern I've noticed is to have a SoP the week before a big console exclusive launch. So I'm confident they'll have a SoP Thursday Feb. 10, 2022 a week before HFW's release. But that is very far away so hopefully there'll be a PSVR2 blowout before that like the rumors suggested.

Naicore

Aug 30, 2021
Got a feeling we will get some new information regarding PSVR2 before the year ends. They announced it in February, then revealed controllers in March, since then it's been official radio silence with the leaks about a DEV-introduction at the end of summer. Just some kind of update or showing off the headset itself would be ok, or a bit more indepth with some of the tech would be nice.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man, buying and playing Kena is too damn tempting.. but I gotta try and hold out until I get my PS5 in November.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
More than a rumor when a co-founder of the studio outright said they're doing a Ghostbusters game.

It's pretty much confirmed, their co-founder messed up.
The question is: Is SIE involved since they are a long-term partner?

I think that SPE would want the same treatment for their biggest franchises (exploring other mediums to grow their values). Ghostbusters is one of their most known and beloved IPs and they want to take it to new heights.
Given critics' and fans' responses and SPE marketing strategy (two screenings before reviews), they must be really confident in this movie knowing that they have a hit in their hands.
This makes me think that they would have pushed for a game adaptation with SIE involvement.

Oh I forgot this stuff. Well I'm not a fan of MP games so I've not played Predator bit IIRC it was an average game, right? I wonder if IllFonic will succeed this time, it could be great for them but let's see.
And speaking about PixelOpus, I hope that collab with the Animation Studio is about a Sly game considering there's a Sly show in production (or was it shelved?)

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Metacommentary; Dismissive commentary
This place really doesn't like Jim Ryan I see...

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017

Trello

Organize anything, together. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, know what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.

So since last month, Mm moved Dreams online multiplayer feature in their roadmap from The Future to In The Works. Finally!!

The online in LBP was the best part of it even with how janky it could get. Dreams on the other hand feels a bit lonely and is an amazing sandbox for creators but not so much for players. If job ads are anything to go by, Dreams online could be a very ambitious MMO style one with support of more than 4 players. I honestly think that with multiplayer Dreams still has a chance to hit big. That's all I hope at least, Mm really deserves a win.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017

Trello

Organize anything, together. Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, know what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.

So since last month, Mm moved Dreams online multiplayer feature in their roadmap from The Future to In The Works. Finally!!

The online in LBP was the best part of it even with how janky it could get. Dreams on the other hand feels a bit lonely and is an amazing sandbox for creators but not so much for players. If job ads are anything to go by, Dreams online could be a very ambitious MMO style one with support of more than 4 players. I honestly think that with multiplayer Dreams still has a chance to hit big. That's all I hope at least, Mm really deserves a win.

A Dreams PS5/PC overhaul with multiplayer in both the levels people make and collaborating in creating new stuff would be such a huge boom for the game. One of the main reasons people have stuck around with stuff like Minecraft after all these years is being able to share that experience of creating things together, and its more efficient for creators to actually work together rather than having to create their own versions of a project separately.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Regardless of the likely intent and meaning behind what Jim said ( e.g. PlayStation was key in expanding gaming into mainstream in said regions ) , it doesn't change the fact that he misspoke/chose his words poorly and he should be rightfully criticized for it as a key public figure in the video games business, even if he didn't probably meant it literally.

And it's hardly the first time.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not disagreeing about that part at all. He is incorrect for sure. It's just all the extra....lol
I still feel it is justified in this case.

I mean, the way he worded it makes it out as if the ME isn't advanced enough to have had games before PS came around and that is really insensitive. Especially with the western media portraying the region as the dumb desert dwellers stereotype that is very racist.

Alderade

Oct 27, 2017
I now think he's just really bad at speaking publicly.
We can feel during the interview that he is not comfortable, like a fear something. I know that because it's exactly how i react everytime i have to speak to more than 10 people.
He should let Hermen do that.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Trello

Nice!

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps but if you are talking about the ME comments then it is justified. He is factually wrong.
As usual he put his foot in his mouth when taken literally, but Ryan was literally in charge of the EMEA region for Sony through SCEE for years, if not decades.
He was obviously speaking in matters of large scale/ industry marketshare pov and such, not if anyone had ever played a game through an illegal import via a mom and pop store.
But yes, taken at face value saying "no one had ever played a game" was stupid.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As usual he put his foot in his mouth when taken literally, but Ryan was literally in charge of the EMEA region for Sony through SCEE for years, if not decades.
He was obviously speaking in matters of large scale/ industry marketshare pov and such, not if anyone had ever played a game through an illegal import via a mom and pop store.
But yes, taken at face value saying "no one had ever played a game" was stupid.
I feel Jim should take some PR lessons if that's the case. So many times he found himself in holes he dug by himself.
It is clear he is nervous during the interview and if he can't handle it he should let someone else do it.

He is good at his job as much as people deny it but in PR? 😬😬😬

Oct 25, 2017
I feel Jim should take some PR lessons if that's the case. So many times he found himself in holes he dug by himself.
It is clear he is nervous during the interview and if he can't handle it he should let someone else do it.

He is good at his job as much as people deny it but in PR? 😬😬😬

it was also a chat and he was speaking candidly.

not saying he couldn't a chosen a better way to present what he was saying but this also goes to the Internet at large. Everything needs to be a "gotcha"

but in the context of it all you and many people in this thread knew what he was talking about.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the likely intent and meaning behind what Jim said ( e.g. PlayStation was key in expanding gaming into mainstream in said regions ) , it doesn't change the fact that he misspoke/chose his words poorly and he should be rightfully criticized for it as a key public figure in the video games business, even if he didn't probably meant it literally.

We have gotten to the point that it really don't matter what Jim say good or bad.
Like we have a lot of people on this very board that some how miss the M&A part of when Sony say they will grow and what that means .
Hell i can find countless eg of people ignoring the context of what he is saying .
Yes Jim could have done better but at this point it don't even matter .

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
King Jimbo making dull weekend interesting. What would we do without him?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it was also a chat and he was speaking candidly.

not saying he couldn't a chosen a better way to present what he was saying but this also goes to the Internet at large. Everything needs to be a "gotcha"

but in the context of it all you and many people in this thread knew what he was talking about.
Did we?

Because as pointed out by many people, PS wasn't the first gaming hardware to come out officially in the region.

Like I said, if he wants to do interviews he should be careful when talking about things. Especially when it relates to a group of people.

He is clearly good at his job but PR is the thing he needs to work on.

Oct 25, 2017
Man somethings don't need to be defended he said something stupid whether he meant it that way or didn't who are y'all to say Middle East ppl overreacting

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
A Dreams PS5/PC overhaul with multiplayer in both the levels people make and collaborating in creating new stuff would be such a huge boom for the game. One of the main reasons people have stuck around with stuff like Minecraft after all these years is being able to share that experience of creating things together, and its more efficient for creators to actually work together rather than having to create their own versions of a project separately.
Absolutely. I also think that the "play" aspect needs a big boost because spending months on a project to only potentially get a few hundred likes and a couple of comments can be discouraging. Take the events that Mm creates like the Impy Awards and All Hallow Dreams, it's great content that would be greatly elevated and have much more impact if they were also social events where people could go meet online. That's of course super ambitious and probably very complicated to make. But at this point, I hope they go all in. They invested too much on Dreams to give up now.

Oct 25, 2017
Did we?

Because as pointed out by many people, PS wasn't the first gaming hardware to come out officially in the region.

Like I said, if he wants to do interviews he should be careful when talking about things. Especially when it relates to a group of people.

He is clearly good at his job but PR is the thing he needs to work on.

[/QUOTE]

I said he could have presented this better. But yes people in this thread clearly understood the context of what he was saying.

Even in the past.. he's said mundane things that have garnered a visceral negative reaction from members on this forum.

Like some people here compared Jim Ryan to Trump.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I said he could have presented this better. But yes people in this thread clearly understood the context of what he was saying.

Even in the past.. he's said mundane things that have garnered a visceral negative reaction from members on this forum.

Like some people here compared Jim Ryan to Trump.
Look, I feel people give him shit for everything is wrong but that doesn't excuse the way he handled the talk about the middle east. If some people understood it (even though it is vague) doesn't make it clearly. Especially when he is factually wrong when it comes to what people are saying he means.

Do I doubt PS made gaming MORE popular in the region? No. Is he right that PS is the THING that made it popular? No.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

Exactly.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Playing The Evil Within currently. Were the loading times always this brisk or does the SSD also benefit backward compatible games even if they're not specifically optimized for it?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): Dismissive commentary about a sensitive topic. Metacommentary. Prior infractions.
Oh look, Jimbo says something silly again.

Some will get needlessly overly heated and a bunch of sites will get some clicks out of it.

And then everyone will move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.