• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
If you could learn more about 1 PS console exclusive in development, which one would you pick?

Considering it's probably too early for Housemarque's next, I'd go for Firesprite's sci-fi horror game. I adore that genre, whether it's movies like Alien and The Thing or games like Dead Space 1 and 2. Really cool that we're getting such a game from a Sony studio.
The Firesprite horror game no doubt.
It all sounds like something I will love.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Sorry for the derail, but I'm sure by now you guys are used to it that I derail the thread, but I'm making the House of Ashes OT, and I'm terrible with OT names.

Every sugestion is welcome.
Unfortunately I'm also terrible with these but I'm quoting you for visibility in the new page.

If you could learn more about 1 PS console exclusive in development, which one would you pick?

Considering it's probably too early for Housemarque's next, I'd go for Firesprite's sci-fi horror game. I adore that genre, whether it's movies like Alien and The Thing or games like Dead Space 1 and 2. Really cool that we're getting such a game from a Sony studio.
Team Asobi next game (Astro Bot VR2?)

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I've only played deathloop and returnal on ps5. Last night I played demon's souls and couldn't believe how good it looks.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Just came from a thread full of people losing their hair over finding out how much money top 100 Twitch streamers are making lol

Also, for anybody in here who has a Twitch account, you might want to set up 2FA or change your password today.
I dont even know why because its so easy to make big bucks with a small slice of contributors. You get at least 1000 paying people at 10 bucks a month thats 10k a month easy. extrapolate that to maybe 5k people or more you are rich as hell lol.

Deleted member 10119

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2021
I dont even know why because its so easy to make big bucks with a small slice of contributors. You get at least 1000 paying people at 10 bucks a month thats 10k a month easy. extrapolate that to maybe 5k people or more you are rich as hell lol.
People latch onto the numbers and don't see anything else. Almost every content creator I have followed or watched over the years have had moments where they "crack" and get depressed or just need to get away from it all. Most of these people have developed some kind of mental health issues from doing this shit every day for years.

No amount of money is worth your sanity/mental health.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Angie
House of Ashes |OT| Have you said your goodbyes to the light
137883ed4f07ac9b5cc5028072116370.gif

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
People latch onto the numbers and don't see anything else. Almost every content creator I have followed or watched over the years have had moments where they "crack" and get depressed or just need to get away from it all. Most of these people have developed some kind of mental health issues from doing this shit every day for years.

I totally agree there is way way way more pressure to perform if you need to be this persona every single day than almost every other kind of media. The on demand nature of streaming pretty much guarantees burnout. And for every 1 that does make it thousands more are doing it for years and years and nothing out of it.

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021

Not only that but it's basically like the top 0.1% of people who actually make solid money and the top of those who actually make bank and then the top 0.001% who are like actual millionaires. It's the same as any entertainment job.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Definitely Cory's game or Naughty Dog's game after Factions.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021

From Software 👀

Being serious Wolverine as i want to know what kind of game they will make.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
What does everyone think about this article?

www.gamingbible.co.uk

PlayStation Plus Users Demand Change After Latest Free Games

Not sure about this one, chief

I kinda get why people are mad after the last few months considering it looked like sony was going all out for ps plus for the first few months after console launch.

The Mortal Kombat X game is just insulting, honestly. Seems like the attention has been diverted to PsNow

gt123

Apr 2, 2021

www.gamingbible.co.uk

I kinda get why people are mad after the last few months considering it looked like sony was going all out for ps plus for the first few months after console launch.

The Mortal Kombat X game is just insulting, honestly. Seems like the attention has been diverted to PsNow
I guess I get that Mortal Kombat X was pretty shit, but Hell Let Loose is a brand new release, I thought it was a fine month. Also PGA for people that like golf.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota

www.gamingbible.co.uk

Seems like clickbait. Nothing wrong with it I'm my view. Yeah PS4 owners are getting older titles but Sony needs to focus on providing the value to the PS5. Don't know how giving MKX is insulting when MX11 still goes for a bit price, even on sale it's only 50% off.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

www.gamingbible.co.uk

It is always going to be subjective. For me I don't put much thought into the monthly games because I will pretty much buy whatever game I am interested in on PlayStation.

It is definitely a different time from the PS3 days where the PS+ offerings were excellent. Publishers seem to be more interested in the Gamepass/PS Now model where they can offer the game for "x" amount of months and if you want to keep playing it then you can buy it after it comes off the service. With PS+ you keep the game indefinitely as long as you stay subscribed to the service and the publisher will likely not be able to get more money up front, especially if it is an MP title.

I hate to tell consumers to change their expectations, but it feels like the monthly PS+ games are going to be very hit or miss going forward as the selection will probably not have the widest of appeals. The free PS5 games will get better as time goes on and the library grows overall.

I still wish they would invest more time and energy in PSNow. Third parties seem to be more interested in the service of late, which is nice but Sony should try to offer more first party stuff, especially their legacy content.

Last edited:

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Seems like clickbait. Nothing wrong with it I'm my view. Yeah PS4 owners are getting older titles but Sony needs to focus on providing the value to the PS5. Don't know how giving MKX is insulting when MX11 still goes for a bit price, even on sale it's only 50% off.

its still 3 years old...MKX (not even XL) is ancient by those standards. PS4 owners are def getting the short end of the stick here

sony has an entire catalogue of 1st party games that still havene't been offered on ps plus yet, im not sure why this is the best they have to offer.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
It's still better than nothing and a good game to boot.

How come all these complaints are always for PS+ but never got games for gold where they get even worse picks sometimes.

i assume most xbox players that care about getting "free" games have gamepass and don't really care about gold like we care about plus.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

How come all these complaints are always for PS+ but never got games for gold where they get even worse picks sometimes.

Microsoft pretty much considers Games for Gold an afterthought and so does the fan base. Microsoft puts everything into Gamepass because that is what they want Xbox owners to subscribe to. Gold is hardly marketed as a separate entity anymore.

Sony still pushes PS Plus hard and has it completely separated from PS Now, so the expectations for the PS Plus games will still be high.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Aside from the convo being about plus and bringing Xbox in this thread never a good time I assume y'all don't enter games for gold threads cuz it's been getting killed far more and longer than plus has since gamepass dropped
i assume most xbox players that care about getting "free" games have gamepass and don't really care about gold like we care about plus.
Also this

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
MKX is an excellent game. Only way I see that as frustrating is people with PS5's who got it as part of the instant game collection already. Just because a newer MK exists, doesnt make X pointless to give to people, or even a bad choice. There's several rather compelling arguments over how its (in several ways) a better game than XI (in terms of combat pacing, and mechanics, and in some ways - roster). I already own X and XI though, so its a moot point for me.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017

I'd want to learn more about COLONY WARS for PSVR2 and if it doesn't exist at least I'd know.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Just tell me if Naughty Dog's next SP is a new IP or not lol.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The problem with PS+'s monthly games is that Sony knows damn well that they can half ass it to a certain extend because the vast majority of players will continue subscribing anyway just for the online multiplayer, and then on top of that they also continue not caring about Now the way they should for whatever reason. And yeah, I fully understand people complaining about a game like MKX since it got a sequel 2.5 years ago, and it also doesn't help that millions of PS+ users already have access to it through the PS+ Collection. I also understand people complaining about any sport game because if you're not interested in golf as a sport you're probably not interested in a golf game as well.

It would be hugely unpopular among quite a big group of people and I have no idea how Sony would navigate it, but I fully believe it's inevitable that the monthly games just get killed off in favor of Sony fully focusing on Now as their subscription which gives you access to a catalogue of games. They probably wont do it in the near future but I just don't see how it makes sense for a company to have 2 separate subscriptions which both gives players access to a list of games, although both do it in different ways. The dream would be for the monthly games to be killed off with Now and PS+ being merged while keeping the $60/year pricing but that's probably quite unrealistic.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
The thing they have to change about Ps+ is giving out 4 games instead of 3.

It should be 2 PS5 games and 2 PS4 games.

Though, I understand why they don't. There aren't many native PS5 games, and with BC most indie devs opt to only make a PS4 version.

When PS4 launched, there was no BC, that's why every indie game had a PS4 version and why it was easier to fill the PS4 lineup.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
PS+ biggest issue by far is how uneven it is on month by month basis. Some months are absolute godlike and some are like Sony is directly laughing in your face, it definitely should not be like this.

Oct 25, 2017

Though, I understand why they don't. There aren't many native PS5 games, and with BC most indie devs opt to only make a PS4 version.

When PS4 launched, there was no BC, that's why every indie game had a PS4 version and why it was easier to fill the PS4 lineup.
I see them giving us less games than more eventually. But I'm so cynical about this industry nowadays I'm convinced Microsoft and Sony just waiting for the right opportunity to nix giving games period. Microsoft doubly so with gamepass and the fact their offerings been shit for literal years because of said service. The moment Sony take psnow more serious I'll be keeping my eye on plus

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
PS+ biggest issue by far is how uneven it is on month by month basis. Some months are absolute godlike and some arelike Sony is directly laughing in your face, it definitely should not be like this.
Huh? how is that any different then any other service like this? You can't please everyone that's an impossible task.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Im sure it will change after PS5 hs been out a while. Way to expensive to do that now. And we are only paying 60 bucks or less a year for it. Makes no sense on their end right now.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yea I think we get more PS5 games on a monthy when the library grows. I though that might have been an announcement at the Showcase but we weren't that lucky.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
I wish Nintendo got even half as much shit as Sony does for their pricing.

Returnal being $70 at launch was a huge controversy, even though it's regularly been on sale for $50 in the few months since launch, and will probably be on sales for ~$30-$40 or so within a year.

Meanwhile, Nintendo can put out a 10 hour 2D game or port of a 5+ year old game and charge $60, never discounting below $50 even years after release, and barely anyone seems to mind?

So many Switch games I'd like to try but will never play because of the price. I'm absolutely getting Dread sometime in the next few months (hopefully as a Christmas gift), but the fact that I can't just wait and get it for $40 in a few months like I can with games from literally every other publisher is annoying as fuck.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? how is that any different then any other service like this?
Games with Gold has been pure ass ever since Game Pass appeared and Game Pass is not the same type of service to me, since there are always shitload games available.
Thankfully PS+ isn't that expensive (to me) and basically just playing three-four games from PS+ per year pays for itself.

I also wanna know if PS+ Game Collection on PS5 is just one type of deal or will it get expanded, cause there are some extremely good games there.

Status
Not open for further replies.