• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Was mostly looking at it from a pacing viewpoint, but I did enjoy the content as well. My only real issue with the PS Showcase as a presentation was the pacing and order of trailers which created a really weak boring middle. I think I'm also probably less critical of Nintendo because it's not my main console and I'm kind of okay with it just being a portable for my occasional platformers and an emulation machine, so I have zero expectations and am happy with whatever I get. Wolverine was the super hype moment for me, but that felt like the only real surprise for me. I think I definitely am more critical of Sony though because PS is my main console, and because I was waiting for a showcase for so long. With Nintendo it was more just like, "Oh, cool, there's a Direct." Still stand by my point on pacing though with my bias aside.
I got the same feeling. I enjoyed the Nintendo Direct more, Got a good mix of prior announced games and new games coming out and the best thing is the new announcements also aren't far off. Didn't feel like Nintendo was trying to overwhelm audiences with the same games too and they're also better in show casing content throughout the year with less reliance on a singular event so expectations weren't as high.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Was mostly looking at it from a pacing viewpoint, but I did enjoy the content as well. My only real issue with the PS Showcase as a presentation was the pacing and order of trailers which created a really weak boring middle. I think I'm also probably less critical of Nintendo because it's not my main console and I'm kind of okay with it just being a portable for my occasional platformers and an emulation machine, so I have zero expectations and am happy with whatever I get. Wolverine was the super hype moment for me, but that felt like the only real surprise for me. I think I definitely am more critical of Sony though because PS is my main console, and because I was waiting for a showcase for so long. With Nintendo it was more just like, "Oh, cool, there's a Direct." Still stand by my point on pacing though with my bias aside.

I mean no offense but your issues with pacing and surprise moments etc all stem from one thing, preference. Era is a bubble but many games that took up the middle part of the PS conference interests different demographics. For example, I don't find borderlands appealing at all. But I also understand millions love it and buy it. It's a 'pacing' issue if you don't like the content in the middle. Simple as that. I found the latest direct to be all over the place for the same reason. Very few games I would personally find interesting so anything else just dragged it down for me..heck even bayo looks very disappointing.

Either way, let's just agree to disagree. This is derailing the thread and has nothing to do with PS after all.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
I mean no offense but your issues with pacing and surprise moments etc all stem from one thing, preference. Era is a bubble but many games that took up the middle part of the PS conference interests different demographics. For example, I don't find borderlands appealing at all. But I also understand millions love it and buy it. It's a 'pacing' issue if you don't like the content in the middle. Simple as that. I found the latest direct to be all over the place for the same reason. Very few games I would personally find interesting so anything else just dragged it down for me..heck even bayo looks very disappointing.

Either way, let's just agree to disagree. This is derailing the thread and has nothing to do with PS after all.
I think the surprise moments issue can definitely come from my preference, but the pacing issue was mostly because they deliberately grouped first party stuff all together in the end, leaving the middle with already announced 3rd party games that were probably there for marketing deals(Guardians of the Galaxy, Alan Wake Remaster, Deathloop (again), R6 Extraction, Tiny Tina(but this might have actually been first gameplay).

Okay, I'll stop now because you are definitely right because I definitely expect to derail the thread this much 😅

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Ayyy..they didn't even swap the button prompts for the Castlevania Collection on Playstation so they had to put up a page informing to people that O = A and X = B

www.konami.com

TOP | Castlevania Advance Collection Official Website | KONAMI

Join the fight against Evil in the Castlevania Advance Collection, a compilation of timeless action-exploration masterpieces!
Omg. Why can't Konami go a few months without doing something hilariously frugal (and usually highly questionable)? You can't exaggerate their track record, man.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
People would lose their shit. Nintendo always gets a pass on these things for reasons...

I think you'd definitely have people who'd get angry. But if Sony announced a service and said "You'll be able to play PSone, PS2, PS3, PSP and Vita games", then I think you'd have more people who were excited about it than not. Sony has one of the craziest back catalogs in gaming, so bringing those altogether in a service would be very appealing to people who want to play those games but can't find the consoles or games without paying ridiculous prices.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Hasn't that been the rumor about ps now for a few years? That they'd put up ps2 and ps one games as well? I'm not saying it has any validity, but I'm pretty sure that lingered for a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
People would lose their shit. Nintendo always gets a pass on these things for reasons...

People in that thread aren't too happy but I suspect they'll end up paying more. Honestly. I'm more than fine with it and straight up subbed to the service a few minutes ago lol. I also want those damn controllers.

But yea the best part about the Direct imo were Bayo 3 and that looked rough and them bringing 64 and Genesis games. Hopefully they add more platforms and update more often.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
Uh Cristal dynamics helping the initiative on Perfect Dark.

I wonder how bad things must be for CD. Also RIP Avengers.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Knowing how people react to Sony's actions, I think we would see a lot of compliment like "I already own the game, why I should pay more?", "This list of games is trash", "Sony doesn't know how to make BC" and so on.

Nov 21, 2017
Uh Cristal dynamics helping the initiative on Perfect Dark.

I wonder how bad things must be for CD. Also RIP Avengers.

Square's mismanagement of their Western studios completely baffles me. I sadly wouldn't be shocked if they start selling them off in a few years. There only western games/franchises that have been pretty successful for Square Enix recently has been Life is Strange and those games are from studios they don't even own.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I think the surprise moments issue can definitely come from my preference, but the pacing issue was mostly because they deliberately grouped first party stuff all together in the end, leaving the middle with already announced 3rd party games that were probably there for marketing deals(Guardians of the Galaxy, Alan Wake Remaster, Deathloop (again), R6 Extraction, Tiny Tina(but this might have actually been first gameplay).

Okay, I'll stop now because you are definitely right because I definitely expect to derail the thread this much 😅

We'll settle this with a scientific* examination of geoff keighley's Twitter polls on the two

*and by scientific I mean not scientific at all and completely just for fun :)

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
few more hours till Death Stranding again. Stopped playing this around the time a few months after it was out. Felt burnt out just walking, now after everything I can't wait to go back and finish. I really hope I can at least play Spotify while I play lol

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
So is the original KOTOR not getting a playstation release? I know Aspyr usually announces these things at Directs and the ps4 version shows up later, but they would be a bit funny (and make me a bit sad) considering Sony is publishing the remake.

Nov 21, 2017
So is the original KOTOR not getting a playstation release? I know Aspyr usually announces these things at Directs and the ps4 version shows up later, but they would be a bit funny (and make me a bit sad) considering Sony is publishing the remake.

It's very weird how the original is available on pretty much every platform except PlayStation. The game is available on Xbox, PC, Mac, IOS, Android, and now Switch.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
This is the PS OT, but I'm sorry, I can't stop fucking laughing at the casting for the Mario movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.