• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
So everything that Hermen did (that we are aware) since he took over as PS First Party.

Took Bend from support and working on a UC game, to work on their own new IP
Structured Studio Japan to work on Astro games
Put PixelOpus working with Sony Pictures Animation
Canceled Wild
Closed the Manchester VR studio and their Helicopter game
Expanded Xdev to work WW
Housemarque joined First Party
Made deals with 3 new studios, including Jade Raymond new Studio

I'm sure I missed a few, but he been busy.
You forgot Nixxes acquisition (and maybe soon BP)

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
On discord two game devs were answering questions and they said it won't be on PS Plus.

I wonder what will be September PS5 game then? Kena is unlikely as it's coming out at the end of September.
As far as I am aware, there isnt a game that fits the criteria at the moment as all September 7th games (ps plus refresh day) are preorderable.
So either its a game without an announced release date already that will surprise launch in 2 weeks, or its a game that is releasing first on plus (cant really think of what it can be), or its going to be just a regular plus addition (which hasnt been common for the PS5 games so far).

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
On discord two game devs were answering questions and they said it won't be on PS Plus.

I wonder what will be September PS5 game then? Kena is unlikely as it's coming out at the end of September.

I see. Thanks for the info. Now look for that article getting updated after our conversation. XD

I wonder what game too. It won't be a new release so maybe an already released one. Hopefully NMS PS5 and not Godfall. XD

Last edited:

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
So everything that Hermen did (that we are aware) since he took over as PS First Party.

Took Bend from support and working on a UC game, to work on their own new IP
Structured Studio Japan to work on Astro games
Put PixelOpus working with Sony Pictures Animation
Canceled Wild
Closed the Manchester VR studio and their Helicopter game
Expanded Xdev to work WW
Housemarque joined First Party
Made deals with 3 new studios, including Jade Raymond new Studio

I'm sure I missed a few, but he been busy.
I've been put for more than a week, was Wild cancelled officially?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I see. Thanks for the info. Now look for thatarticle getting updated after our conversation. XD

I wonder what game too. It won't be a new release so maybe an already released one. Hopefully NMS PS5 and not Godfall. XD

I think most of the Plus PS5 games have been surprises. The one exception was probably January's when they had Maneater, which I believe had its PS5 upgrade released in December. But some even got a surprise there when Sony refunded people who'd bought the game recently.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I may be a bit biased but I think that Julianna sounds fun:

DEATHLOOP’s Killer Cat-and-Mouse PvP Detailed

Relationships are hard work, especially when they’re relationships between bitter rivals determined to hunt each other to the death. DEATHLOOP’s unique PvP mode pits its protagonist and antagonist against each other in a battle of wits, weapons and supernatural abilities.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I think most of the Plus PS5 games have been surprises. The one exception was probably January's when they had Maneater, which I believe had its PS5 upgrade released in December. But some even got a surprise there when Sony refunded people who'd bought the game recently.

What if the surprise is that PS plus subscribers get Kena before the non subscribers offically? XD
imagine the meltdowns.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Been shuffling around some games on storage on PS4 and I really wish Rockstar did seperate installs/downloads for the only components of their games. It's kind of insane that both GTAV and RDR2 are 100+ gigs a piece. lol

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Alpha next weekend, PS players get early access to the Beta in September if they preorder

From what I read :

How to Access the Alpha

Those who have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Warzone, or Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War installed can access the Call of Duty: Vanguard Alpha through the main menu after it is downloaded.

Within any of those released game's menus, selecting the Alpha menu blade — to the far left of the main menu screen — either brings you to the Alpha to jump in and play if you've already downloaded, or redirects you to its download page on the PlayStation Store.

So anyone can get it if they have one those games installed?
If someone has Warzone isntalled he can play this alpha? But warzone is just PS4 version and no PS5 version yet, so he will be playing the PS4 alpha, This is so confusing

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I dreamt about an Ultimate Uncharted collection
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Uncharted Golden Abyss remake
Uncharted 4
Uncharted Lost Legacy

Then I woke up. :(

I would take an Uncharted Remake at least.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at the SpiderMan movie trailer leaking on some display in potato quality. 😂

Edit: It isn't even an official trailer but a rough version of it with some of the CGi clearly not being done.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
New Resistance could follow Alyx route & some.

VR enabled & traditional flat-screen game would be great

Question is, would they...? 🤷

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Galactic Space Opera Killzone Reboot following the KZ first war timeline like The Legend of the Galactic Heroes. With PSVR2 Support.

Also a new MotorStorm please.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
In a world where Spider-Man makes way more money? lol

Insomniac is fully capable of multiple projects, as has been proven for multiple generations. It's not TOTALLY outlandish and with Killzone effectively being sidelined I could see the Resistance franchise pulling a comeback as Sony's in-house FPS. It ended on a high note with R3. People remember that fondly.

ChaosSlayer

Jul 16, 2021
Insomniac is fully capable of multiple projects, as has been proven for multiple generations. It's not TOTALLY outlandish and with Killzone effectively being sidelined I could see the Resistance franchise pulling a comeback as Sony's in-house FPS. It ended on a high note with R3. People remember that fondly.
Killzone or not, the unannounced Guerrilla games project led by Simon Larouche will be Sony's flagship in-house FPS most likely. It does not mean that Insomniac can't bring back Resistance though.

Last edited:

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I swear. It came out when PS3 had no voice chat (or very limited) or any kinda organized service to help the game. Me and my guy were using Xbox live to chat while we played Warhawk…

But, it'll never see the light of day unless they get a dedicated team to work on it and constantly update it with new content; redone graphics, larger maps, more maps, more gameplay modes, ui, the works. But the potential is astronomical and can definitely be one Sony's top tier games. There's nothing else like out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.