• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Hello Era
Hope everyone here is having a great day!
Long time lurker, love the discussions going on and felt like joining :)

This year has been absolutely amazing despite all the delays and I have to say massive respect to all the devs who put out games (Indie, AAA, etc) despite Covid. For every game that gets delayed, it makes me so much more appreciative whenever I do get something in my hands.

If any dev reads this, you are awesome and thank you for providing me with something amazing to take my mind off things during these hard times <3
Welcome.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
wouldn't be surprised if a new wipeout game was in development and exclusive to psvr2.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Why do people constantly say "cinematic games" as a knock to Sony's 1st party games? Like, people are still trying to drive this narrative that games with good stories, 3rd person view, and cutscenes are just "watching movies"…

Spider-man, horizon zero dawn, god of war, are some of the most action oriented games you can get. And all 3 are totally different from one another, spiderman is sandbox action game, horizon is open world adventure, and god of war is linear action.

The only game I feel like even fits the "movie game" criticism is Detroit or maybe uncharted. Theres been like 5 threads over the weekend saying "all Sonys 1st party games are the same, where are the JRPGS?" Or something to the degree and the criticism is their games are cinematic. It's like what?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure there's any reason to make a racing game VR exclusive. Seems like racing would be among the easiest genres to make work in both standard and VR modes.

True but I definitely expect it to be a showcase for psvr2!

Edit: thinking about it some more, it could actually be a good way to get more fans on board with vr - bring back some beloved ips but make them vr exclusive so they'll feel compelled to buy into the ecosystem. New ips like Astrobot and Blood & Truth might not move as many units comparitively as Wipeout or Sly Cooper 🤔. Ngl I really want to try vr and Astrobot looks super neat but I'm not dropping a few hundred just for that. A new Ape Escape tho and I'm there day 1 😍

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
we heard in that through that PSVR2 private showcase rumour that Sony may be doing PSVR2 hybrid games. Were a game would release on both PS5 and PSVR2. So if that WipEout rumor is legit as well as the hybrid stuff then maybe the next WipEout will also be for both.

I believe the rumour for the new WipEout even said it was for PS5 and PSVR 2.

Oct 27, 2017
I just remembered we've never gotten confirmation of Bluepoint lol wow. That seemed so sure so long ago.

everyone try Hades tho now that it's on PS!

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
www.videogameschronicle.com

Avengers dev insists PlayStation’s exclusive Spider-Man is still coming this year | VGC

Content "still on track" despite only four months of the year remaining…

Avengers dev insists PlayStation's exclusive Spider-Man is still coming this year

In March, Marvel's Avengers 2021 content roadmap included no mention of Spider-Man at all, and with just four months of the year left it's still yet to show the character publicly.

However, speaking this week Marvel's Avengers' senior game designer Scott Walters claimed that Spider-Man is still expected to join the game this year.

"In terms of what we can say now, we've always scheduled and looked to bring Spider-Man out in 2021 for PlayStation owners. That is still on track, so we'll have more announcements later on this year," he said."

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Ratchet was delightful but going back to Returnal for the second ending its more clear that Housemarque made such an absolute banger. So yeah this is now my GOTY again, it's masterful!

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana

Avengers dev insists PlayStation’s exclusive Spider-Man is still coming this year | VGC

Avengers dev insists PlayStation's exclusive Spider-Man is still coming this year

In March, Marvel's Avengers 2021 content roadmap included no mention of Spider-Man at all, and with just four months of the year left it's still yet to show the character publicly.

However, speaking this week Marvel's Avengers' senior game designer Scott Walters claimed that Spider-Man is still expected to join the game this year.

"In terms of what we can say now, we've always scheduled and looked to bring Spider-Man out in 2021 for PlayStation owners. That is still on track, so we'll have more announcements later on this year," he said."
I can see them wanting to release it alongside the next Spidey movie. Which i wouldn't be surprised if that gets pushed back to next year.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can see them wanting to release it alongside the next Spidey movie. Which i wouldn't be surprised if that gets pushed back to next year.
Same as this update then.

I wish them all the best, but considering how good Wakanda looks, it is going to be tough for them to just publish a well polished and substantial update like that every six months or so. Meanwhile, community will continue bitching and the core gameplay loop won't change drastically. It's tough to motivate yourself for grinding when all you get is a minor stat boost drop. It has to feel just right, and addictive.

Ratchet was delightful but going back to Returnal for the second ending its more clear that Housemarque made such an absolute banger. So yeah this is now my GOTY again, it's masterful!

Returnal is my goty as well.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Hello Era

This year has been absolutely amazing despite all the delays and I have to say massive respect to all the devs who put out games (Indie, AAA, etc) despite Covid. For every game that gets delayed, it makes me so much more appreciative whenever I do get something in my hands.

If any dev reads this, you are awesome and thank you for providing me with something amazing to take my mind off things during these hard times <3

Welcome!

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Hello Era

Welcome

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
If the recent rumors are to be believed, then Sony is bringing back WipeOut, Sly Cooper and Twisted Metal.
Somehow I don't believe it.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
WipeOut and Twisted Metal I believe it.
Sly I have more trouble beliving it. Because why Sly?

Jak and Ape Escape were more populars I believe.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

I'm thinking that they'll have to do something drastic to abide by their contract with Sony. Probably release the character alone in 2021 (hey they promise Spider-Man not a Spider-Man expansion) and then his story expansion in 2022. That or they will literally work on it until the very last possible date of Dec to release it.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
True. Or is possible the studio making it just likes Sly more.
And probably Sly is more popular than I think it is.
Yeah that too,I mean they did make a new game in 2013 even though that was 8 years ago I can see them trying again. Heck we got a MediEvil Remake so nothing is impossible to me.

BrickArts295

Oct 26, 2017

Probably the safest bet, especially in a post-Zootopia and Beastars world, if you catch my drift 😏
I think its also the easiest to go back to in terms of the current plot (when compared to Jak imo). Plus if it look like this...
sly_02_2016.jpg

It will probably do good with the masses who love graphics above all.

Ape Escape needs a VR Remake.

Last edited:

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria

In my humble opinion Jax and Dexter must be on the level of Ratchet and Clank, so it will need a bigger budget and bigger team.

May be Sly Cooper is more suitable as a multi media IP. I wont be surprised if Pixel Opus is making it in collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation if the animated series are still in production.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I don't believe any of these rumors tbh

If Sonys next event or state of play is like 30 minutes we can pretty much debunk all this stuff

BrickArts295

Oct 26, 2017

If Sonys next event or state of play is like 30 minutes we can pretty much debunk all this stuff
I mean with the way Sony is handling announcements, even if the rumors were true we wouldn't see any of them this year unless they release in 2022.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017

Something like a fromsoft exclusive wouldn't be announced until after elden ring is out. As for the other stuff, not being shown this year doesn't mean it doesn't exist, though it is irritating that sony refuses to show us what they have.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Lol, that doesn't make sense. Games take years to make and reveal dates will differ for each title based on their marketing cycle. A 30 minute SOP would neither confirm nor deny these rumors, assuming none of these games are shown there.

By that logic Sony doesn't have over 25 games in development because they do a 30 minute SOP.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I believe the Twisted Metal rumor. There's multiple decent sources for that one.

I'm very skeptical of the rest though.

Last edited:

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Lol, that doesn't make sense. Games take years to make and reveal dates will differ for each title based on their marketing cycle. A 30 minute SOP would neither confirm nor deny these rumors, assuming none of these games are shown there.

By that logic Sony doesn't have over 25 games in development because they do a 30 minute SOP.

I just don't believe insiders would have access to games like this being made so early in development. Especially these insiders, the only one I sort of believe is twisted metal just because it could coincide with the tv show and i believe it could be an early 2023 game. I only believe things like this leak when they are near to being shown in some way, like Elden Ring was.

The rest of it….shrug…I'll believe it when i see it

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I just don't believe insiders would have access to games like this being made so early in development. Especially these insiders, the only one I sort of believe is twisted metal just because it could coincide with the tv show and i believe it could be an early 2023 game. I only believe things like this leak when they are near to being shown in some way, like Elden Ring was.

The rest of it….shrug…I'll believe it when i see it

Oh yeah that's up in the air. I'm just saying a 30 minute SOP isn't indicative of the truth of the rumors one way or the other.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Tis is this the week before gamescom. I expect some marketing kicking off this week, probably either today or on Thursday, a week before the beginning. I wonder about the VW utility cars partnership on the official gamescom site. Apparently they will present the ID.buzz but I don't see how that has anything to do with gaming.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet and Clank back in the top 10 in the UK

A few more PS5 consoles were released last week into the market, which sees Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart return to the Top 40 at No.10 with a 313% sales rise. Other games to benefit from the new PS5 stock includes Resident Evil Village at No.11 (sales up 151%) and Spider-Man: Miles Morales at No.12 (sales up 101%).
www.gamesindustry.biz

Mario Kart 8, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Minecraft return to the top | UK Boxed Charts

In the summer months, as video game sales slow and new releases are few and far between, sometimes the charts -- partic…

Most people got Hades on the PS5 compare to the PS4 version
70% of the game's launch sales were on PS5, 23% on PS4

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Im curious to see the new gameplay for pokemon arceus.

I really hope nintendo can build something decent that will bring pokemon into the modern age of gaming.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit of Returnal, 2 sessions.
1st run, played about 2 hours, made it to the first boss. Got it two the last health bar, disappointed I didn't kill it but I enjoyed it. Immediately quit the game after because it was already getting late
2nd run, about an hour play time, just finished about 10 minutes ago. I kept thinking I was progressing, but I kept dying over and over. Got frustrated.

The game isn't bad, but I guess I'm not into this type of game at the moment. Will shelve it indefinitely for now until I become a monk and find patience. The deleted storage might be enough to download GoT PS5 upgrade and Ikishima DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.