• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
E53plyyXMAYBFUc

Source

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
They are both fantastic TVs, and I ended up going the A80J due to my mixed use case (Gaming/TV/Movies, evenly split). If it was 90% gaming, and/or I wanted to hook up more than 2 HDMI 2.1 compatible devices i.e. PS5, XSX, PC - then I'd have gone with the LG. As mentioned, some smaller things like Google TV + buying the backlit A90J remote were nice additional add-ons for my preference. Can't go wrong with either honestly.

Edit: Buy bigger if you can! The difference between 55 to 65 is tremendous. Depending on your credit score, you can put it on the BestBuy CC and pay it off over 24 months interest free ($2k+ purchases qualify i.e. 65' model) or 12 months interest free (55' model).
Yeah, I also have a pretty even split between gaming and TV/movies.

I'll definitely consider going up to the 65". Just not sure if the extra size is worth $500 jump in price. Never had a TV that big before lol.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I also have a pretty even split between gaming and TV/movies.

I'll definitely consider going up to the 65". Just not sure if the extra size is worth $500 jump in price. Never had a TV that big before lol.

Go 65 if you can. If it feels too large You can def always return it. But they always say go as large as you can afford if possible. You would be surprised since the bezels are small the size really isnt too bad larger. And detrix is right on with the mixed use vs 90% gaming piece. LG def works well if its 90% gaming vs mixed use the sony will hit the spot.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to do the very thing I'm complaining about, but for just this one exception, he got banned for meta-commentary, which he constantly does in this thread (this thread is horrible, this thread has gone downhill, the responses in this thread are embarrassing, etc. etc.), and I'm surprised it's taken him this long to get banned for it.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Go 65 if you can. If it feels too large You can def always return it. But they always say go as large as you can afford if possible. You would be surprised since the bezels are small the size really isnt too bad larger. And detrix is right on with the mixed use vs 90% gaming piece. LG def works well if its 90% gaming vs mixed use the sony will hit the spot.
Yeah, I'll have to do some measuring to see if a 65" would even work with my setup lol. I don't sit too far away from the TV though, and I haven't really had an issue with the size of my current 55". But I'll check out the display models in the store and see how impressed I am with the size difference lol.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Hate to do the very thing I'm complaining about, but for just this one exception, he got banned for meta-commentary, which he constantly does in this thread (this thread is horrible, this thread has gone downhill, the responses in this thread are embarrassing, etc. etc.), and I'm surprised it's taken him this long to get banned for it.
Oh damn, I see. Thanks for the explanation!

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
After thinking about yesterday's SoP, It just hit me how much Sony has to show right now:

- Horizon Forbidden West
- God of War
- Gran Turismo 7
- Factions
- Ghost of Tsushima DLC footage
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Forspoken
- Ghostwire: Tokyo
- PSRV2
- Updates on PSNow
- Firewalk Studio game. We know it's playable for a while now.
- GTA5 on PS5

This is stuff we know it's coming soonish and that they could show.
This alone would be the best conference we've seen all year in terms of content.

Now imagine all other studios that have been quiet for years, plus their other partners and exclusives we have no idea that are coming.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks dude. Yeah, I think I'm leaning slightly towards the Sony A80J the more I look into it, but it's hard to pick lol.

I'll check out the video later for sure, thanks! Tempted to wait until black Friday, but the Sony is $500 off at Best Buy right now and I just came into a few thousand dollars I wasn't expecting, so my savings are back to a pretty good spot.

God I'm looking forward to buying a TV next year. It's just so exciting. Although I'm in Europe so it's gonna be between the top end Sony OLED and next year's second best Panasonic OLED (because the Flagship always has the soundbar I won't use anyway

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
After thinking about yesterday's SoP, It just hit me how much Sony has to show right now:

- Horizon Forbidden West
- God of War
- Gran Turismo 7
- Factions
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Forspoken
- PSRV2
- Updates on PSNow
- GTA5 on PS5

This alone would be the best conference we've seen all year in terms of content.

Now imagine all other studios that have been quiet for years, plus their other partners and exclusives we have no idea that are coming.
I think we won't see anything of PSVR 2 before 2022.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Trying to force people to be happy with everything Playstation does all the time is kinda annoying.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
God I'm looking forward to buying a TV next year. It's just so exciting. Although I'm in Europe so it's gonna be between the top end Sony OLED and next year's second best Panasonic OLED (because the Flagship always has the soundbar I won't use anyway
Panny makes some crazy nice panels its crappy they exited The US in selling their panels.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
I think we won't see anything of PSVR 2 before 2022.
They mentioned in their blogpost announcing the State of Play that they will be more news this summer on that, God of War, and Horizon.
This showcase will not include updates on the next God of War, Horizon Forbidden West or the next generation of PlayStation VR. Stay tuned throughout the summer though, as we'll have more updates soon.
It could be interpreted different ways but I'd love to hear more about it.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Trying to force people to be happy with everything Playstation does all the time is kinda annoying.
Sure, But also going the opposite direction is just as annoying. but they prob need the break anyway.

They mentioned in their blogpost announcing the State of Play that they will be more news this summer on that, God of War, and Horizon.

It could be interpreted different ways but I'd love to hear more about it.
I will not be surprised its not till sept that they have something else. Just because of some of the delays they had earlier this year. Hopefully this will be the last of major delays and they have a better cadence next year.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Panny makes some crazy nice panels its crappy they exited The US in selling their panels.

Seems they couldn't really compete for some reason. Which is weird because they make some of if not THE best TVs out of all the major manufacturers and at least around here they are normally not the most expensive ones. Seems like a marketing issue

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Just the other day I told him he took this stuff too personally. He claimed that was incorrect. /Shrug

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Seems they couldn't really compete for some reason. Which is weird because they make some of if not THE best TVs out of all the major manufacturers and at least around here they are normally not the most expensive ones. Seems like a marketing issue
Yeah problem is US market all about volume, Panny and Pioneer used to go head to head on plasmas, And yeah they pretty much do just sell a lower volume of the TVs now. i was worried a bit with sony too but seems like they kind of smartened up their line in time, which is what Panasonic shouldve done In the US. Just be low volume but great quality. Maybe they come back one day.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying A Plague Tale Innocence a lot! Good game after a couple hours in. Good PS+ pick. The haptics are surprisingly decent, too. I appreciate that they put the effort in and use soundwaves to create the vibrations instead of just a buzzing that you get out of a lot of third-party games.

I will miss you Loudninja
Always awesome to have you around
I do too when he's just talking about games in here and not metacommentary. But that's the last I'll say of that.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

- Horizon Forbidden West
- God of War
- Gran Turismo 7
- Factions
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Forspoken
- PSRV2
- Updates on PSNow
- GTA5 on PS5

Yep, they're loaded.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019

- Horizon Forbidden West
- God of War
- Gran Turismo 7
- Factions
- Final Fantasy XVI
- Forspoken
- PSRV2
- Updates on PSNow
- GTA5 on PS5

I've made it my job to remind people of TLOU Remake.

And I agree, it's a lot Sony can show. That's why I think we'll get an event in August or September.
If Sony would want to spread it over the summer, they would have included at least one of the above in yesterday's SOP

Status
Not open for further replies.