• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why folks think Sony is throwing Days Gone under the rug. They were included in the official announcement!

Polyphony Digital. Gran Turismo is the oldest and most selling franchise in Sony's portfolio. It's always been Sony's quiet success story.

People always think Sony is doing something they are not

Londo Studio (had a different name though) and Polyphony. Both have been Sony studios longer than the PS has been sold.
Pretty crazy when you think about it.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
It is just that Sony barely updates that WWS page. The woke up during the Asobi announcement though.

Before they had broken links and old statements, etc...

Yah, the issue is, the department responsible for upkeep of that page was most likely not privy to the acquisition. So didn't receive marketing material on time. Besides, there's no use updating the banner now when there's going to be another addition around the corner. ;)

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Long overdue.

After it is officially announced we can finally all rest and never speculate about that ever again. 😂
Yup, long overdue. Should have really happened a couple of games ago and at the latest after the masterful Shadow of the Colossus Remake. But at least it looks like they've finally corrected that following the equally amazing Demon's Souls Remake.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Me?

It depends on the execution.

Some would laugh at the idea of first-party open-world game have multiplayer co-op, but then this happened...

Not only it's functional, it's also fun.

imo the gameplay in Control is not strong enough for a multiplayer game as it is.

Ghost of Tsushima at least has stealth and enough varieties to keep encounters interesting.
Assassin's Creed has co op levels on some of its entries, like in Unity, which I actually like.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, long overdue. Should have really happened a couple of games ago and at the latest after the masterful Shadow of the Colossus Remake. But at least it looks like they've finally corrected that following the equally amazing Demon's Souls Remake.
So always gave them work same with HM they had a sweet deal and partnerships with them which work out very well. But right now it is a different story the way the industry is going.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
So always gave them work same with HM they had a sweet deal and partnerships with them which work out very well. But right now it is a different story the way the industry is going.
Yup. Both have been great partnerships and the way the industry is going it was the right time to finally get it done.

Last edited:

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Sooo my PS5 is dead.

Anyone know the best way to contact Sony about this? Calling them seems to be a game of endless waiting. Chat seems to be for non-hardware support only.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
In other, non acquisition news. I started playing the Yakuza series again after taking over a year break from the series last may since I had played 0, Kiwami 1/2, 3, and 4 all back to back essentially and was burnt out.

Yakuza 5 is fun so far. Surprisingly had a lot of fun with the Taxi missions as Kiryu , being able to drive and race was a fun change in the series. Currently on Chapter 2 and these hunter mission you play as Seijima are pretty fun and addicting too Didn't expect multiple fleshed out and expansive minigames.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
In other, non acquisition news. I started playing the Yakuza series again after taking over a year break from the series last may since I had played 0, Kiwami 1/2, 3, and 4 all back to back essentially and was burnt out.

Yakuza 5 is fun so far. Surprisingly had a lot of fun with the Taxi missions as Kiryu , being able to drive and race was a fun change in the series. Currently on Chapter 2 and these hunter mission you play as Seijima are pretty fun and addicting too Didn't expect multiple fleshed out and expansive minigames.
Oh, Yakuza 5 goes above and beyond with it's minigames, the game is massive.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Its the game where Sega decided to throw the kitchen sink at Yakuza. Its absolutely amazing for me, I love the amount of content 5 has, others dislike how long it is. Content wise its easily the most fun game to 100% in my opinion, its a long haul but super fun to do over a month or two period. I'm excited to see how the school stuff in Lost Judgment goes, as that looks like its "big" side content in the game.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Since Hermen now edits his avatar to fit some theme, what will he use to announce BP aquisition?

jtVyH3yd_400x400.jpg
hermen4ajvl.png

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
imo the gameplay in Control is not strong enough for a multiplayer game as it is.

Ghost of Tsushima at least has stealth and enough varieties to keep encounters interesting.
Assassin's Creed has co op levels on some of its entries, like in Unity, which I actually like.
Remedy could always improve & evolve the gameplay in the sequel & release MP with it; reminds me of Uncharted 2.

I appreciate their efforts beyond just single-player where incorporating the gameplay into new contents; whether mini games like in Yakuzas or Days Gone Challenge Modes or Tsushima's Legends.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the gameplay of control lends itself very well for an MP game.

It's a spinoff so there will no doubt be different weapons and powers.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Great timing for the new OP. Housemarque (and potentially Bluepoint) feels like something Sony would announce a few days before a big show. They get the "business" side of things out the way and then give us the games.

Less then a month now until the Annapurna Interactive showcase, looking forward to seeing a bunch of new gameplay footage.
Probably my most anticipated non first-party game next to Kena. Hopefully we get a release date.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Who's to say it stops at 2? Bluepoint is just the one that's potentially leaked.

But could it this coming in 3.

Ember Labs 🤞

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is just as volatile as Punished Jimbo 🔥

I swear someone made a punished snake/eyepatch edit of Jim Ryan but I can't find it haha

Oh, Yakuza 5 goes above and beyond with it's minigames, the game is massive.

I'm really enjoying it so far, a lot of fun.

Its the game where Sega decided to throw the kitchen sink at Yakuza. Its absolutely amazing for me, I love the amount of content 5 has, others dislike how long it is. Content wise its easily the most fun game to 100% in my opinion, its a long haul but super fun to do over a month or two period. I'm excited to see how the school stuff in Lost Judgment goes, as that looks like its "big" side content in the game.

It really does, just 2 chapters in I feel like has enough content to fill an entire other Yakuza game. Not sure if i'll 100% the game yet but if there are even more expansive mini games like the 2 i currently have done and doing. Look forward to seeing what else there is.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
5 is the only one in the series I don't own nor have played yet. Ironically, I am playing 6 now and I am about 60 hours in on Chapter 8. I always take my time to explore and do side missions or just take a stroll into the arcade and play some Virtua Fighter or Space Harrier. Yakuza games are best when you play at your leisure. I'll definitely jump into 5 eventually. Probably when I finish Judgement.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I just got the platinum in R&C: Rift Apart.

What an amazing and enjoyable ride.

Now, I'm looking forward to start Returnal in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.