• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I think BP will still do remakes but they have expressed interest a few times in doing their own IP. If Sony has a acquired them they pretty much have the funding for it plus they already have experience with the PS5.

Yeah if they're getting bought I would hope the benefit to them is they get to make their own original game. While selfishly I still want them to have a team making remakes. Or alternating back and forth, would be cool if they got the funding to do both simultaneously.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Bluepoint acquisition is real because Sony and Bluepoint would've denied that it was happening if it was untrue.

This wasn't a rumor, it was a deleted tweet from an official account.

I was about to say this. No one has denied it. They just haven't said anything. This was from an official social media channel. If it was a mistake they would have certainly put out a statement. Especially seeing as people and the media are talking about it.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
If BP aquisition is real I hope they keep making remakes.
They are absolutly the best at it. And is not even close.

Always speculating what game they will remake next will be fun.

i actually hope they do the exact opposite, start making their own original ip.

sotc and demons were cool, but id be just as happy with a simple upres and a port.

mr_Balli

May 11, 2021
The PS summer showcase can't come soon enough, banging news today, hopefully the date comes this week with an event in the coming weeks

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020

I hope they grow to two teams. One focusing on remakes and the other on their own IP:s

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Herman is hustlin so far with these studio partnerships & now acquisitions. Its also finally nice to see another EU Studio being added and not closed under SIE.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Funny enough ive been saying expect to see more and more vets move into making their own studios amidst certain acquistions I won't be surprised if more also come out of it from some of the larger companies.
They are starting their own studio because the creator market is super frothy in the entertainment industry (look at how much Apple is paying creators for their original programming initiative for example). Multi billion and trillion dollar companies are throwing record levels of investments towards top talent and even acquiring studios for large sums of money. So it makes sense for creators to do something on their own with the potential to make 100x more than they could ever make working at a publisher. Gotta set up for an early retirement.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Astro skating on ice is legit magic when it comes to DualSense mimicking that, holy shit.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
It's not in Sony's style to announce an acquisition during a game showcase. For one, it's about the games, not the business. Two, you're risking the acquisition stealing the thunder of the games being shown or vice versa.

Bluepoint will have their blogpost and round of interviews just like Housemarque and Insomniac and it'll probably be pretty soon.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Going off by how SIE spaced out the annoucements for those 3 studio partnerships, We'll probably see a BluePoint aquisition on another Tuesday morning in July.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy

Totally agree, I always liked the idea of Sony having a "remake studio" capable of reviving their legacy franchises (not saying that BP shouldn't work on original IPs too, but I'd l just love them to keep making remakes as well).

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
They are starting their own studio because the creator market is super frothy in the entertainment industry (look at how much Apple is paying creators for their original programming initiative for example). Multi billion and trillion dollar companies are throwing record levels of investments towards top talent and even acquiring studios for large sums of money. So it makes sense for creators to do something on their own with the potential to make 100x more than they could ever make working at a publisher. Gotta set up for an early retirement.
eeeeeyup I'd do the same thing. companies are content starved they def want more but also may not always know who to get internally or people get lost as just an employee number. Good to see and I hope to see more come out of this as times goes on. I wouldn't be shocked sony is using Dreams also to find people who may have crazy good ideas for games.

tmac456

May 27, 2020
Makes a lot of sense to get these acquisition announcements and press done this week ahead of an event next week that can focus on games.......

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont think Bluepoint even have a creative director, hard for them to work on a new IP without one

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
If there's a project worked on by BP/Sony (be it MGS or whatever), I think they'll wait until its announcement to say they've acquired them.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The only reason that the Bluepoint acquisition leaked is that it has already reachd the front facing blog/twitter marketing employees (which they get very shortly prior to the announcement), they arent suddenly waiting on it until some game announcement that might as well be years out (which is pretty unusual thing to do regardless)

Status
Not open for further replies.