• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is how they operate:

www.resetera.com

PlayStation Worldwide Studios |OT6| The only JRPGs we're getting are Jim Ryan Party GIFs

We are one studio, that has two locations. As I've noted before, we don't have solid "teams" per se, people move between projects as required by whatever it is that we're working on.

Hm... I guess... I get it now. Most likely the workload is mostly on Spidey now, with 20%-ish on Ratchet still for bug fixes/polish etc.

Zach19593

Dec 10, 2019
I could definitely see a potential Sunset remake next year then Spider-Man 2 late 2023 or early 2024

Me too. No way they'd tease that way if not. They revived the old official and mascot accounts on Twitter and put Fizzie in Rift Apart, a mascot from a game that has never been on PlayStation (yet). Of course it's coming. I wonder how, tho. My bet Is on a cheap remaster on PS Plus D1 to gain interest in the series.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's funny that R&C will sell several times more than Returnal and be way more popular overall. But in our Era bubble the R&C OT, preview threads etc. have been way less active (unless my memory is just way off) than the Returnal ones. I guess there is just less to talk about? Other than 30 v 60 FPS 🥴

Less than 26 hours to unlock!

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I could definitely see a potential Sunset remake next year then Spider-Man 2 late 2023 or early 2024
Given that there was a rumor for later this year (not sure for remake, most likely just a remaster)... who knows? XD
It's funny that R&C will sell several times more than Returnal and be way more popular overall. But in our Era bubble the R&C OT, preview threads etc. have been way less active (unless my memory is just way off) than the Returnal ones. I guess there is just less to talk about? Other than 30 v 60 FPS 🥴

That's because Returnal is a new IP and has new lore to discuss about. Ratchet is a long time franchise that a lot of people grew up with.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I was going through John Sweeney's (art director at insomniac but was lead on TLOU2) and I was just drooling looking at his work and I couldn't but think, "Damn i would love a ND adventure game in this guys style", check it:

john-sweeney-dex-skeleton-artstation.jpg

john-sweeney-the-rider-final-01b-smaller.jpg

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021

Less drama. I think some people were kind of rooting for Returnal to fail because it was the first game to cement itself as the 70 dollar game. Once it ended up getting great scores the price once again became the big debate of the thread, then there was the difficulty/accessibility debate, and a couple of other classics like the AA vs AAA debate.

I knew there wouldnt be as much pushback to R&C because of its production value, just like Battlefield wont.

Nov 8, 2017
I was going through John Sweeney's (art director at insomniac but was lead on TLOU2) and I was just drooling looking at his work and I couldn't but think, "Damn i would love a ND adventure game in this guys style", check it:

Dear lord I'd love a fantasy game by Naughty Dog. It kills me to think of them spending so much time and resources on a multiplayer game.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

Reminds me of a HD/modern take on Neverending Story. Which I'm completely down for. Been following this guy's ArtStation and Insta for a few years now since it was announced that he was the Art Director on The Last of Us Part 2. XD

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Textures got a significant upgrade.

There's one more in the series, I'll spoiler it not to flood the thread:

john-sweeney-approach-final-4k.jpg

Gorgeous.

Would love if ND tried to so something in this style.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I would love a Legend of Dragoon remake in this style:
Yeah, we desperately need an official sony 1st party rpg/adventure game. Something that strays a bit further from convention
Yeah, i was thinking a little never ending story, a bit of zelda, and a bit of shadow of the colossus.
May I interest you in Alundra?

Reboot it to be 3D by BluePoint and use the SoTC, Demon's Souls engine.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think the devs just refer to it as the "Bluepoint Engine". Simple as that.
I wonder if they ever did reboot Alundra if said art style you posted would work well with it.

I feel that it would. Idk if the BP engine would work with that art style though. Maybe it can be a mesh of cell shaded and the DS remake realistic look? At least for the environment.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
With R&C releasing soon I wonder what Sony's next big platformer announcement will be?

Will we have to wait for a new R&C or AstroBot? Or is something secretly in the works like how Sackboy came to be?

I feel like their 3rd person narrative games they should constantly bring out platformers too, make it a thing again for Sony. PS4 had the R&C remake and Astro Rescue mission and I guess Knack but it wasn't anything near the amount the PS1-PS3 had.

A constant stream of authentic non remakes, new platformers for SIE would be great to see. Be it old I.Ps like Sly Cooper or Ape Escape or Jak, to even knew I.Ps or spin offs.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
With R&C releasing soon I wonder what Sony's next big platformer announcement will be?

Will we have to wait for a new R&C or AstroBot? Or is something secretly in the works like how Sackboy came to be?

I feel like their 3rd person narrative games they should constantly bring out platformers too, make it a thing again for Sony. PS4 had the R&C remake and Astro Rescue mission and I guess Knack but it wasn't anything near the amount the PS1-PS3 had.

A constant stream of authentic non remakes, new platformers for SIE would be great to see. Be it old I.Ps like Sly Cooper or Ape Escape or Jak, to even knew I.Ps or spin offs.

I'm just interested in seeing the next slate of sony games at this point whatever they are. I feel like its been a while since we got a real info dump from them

Etoh

Oct 25, 2017
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Incredible pieces.

I've been following his work, as well, and I highly doubt he's working on Spidey 2. I mean, a man of his talents has to be working on a brand-new IP of a similar scale as the one shown here, don't you think? I genuinely thought Insomniac could be going the Resistance reboot way, but lately... I dunno'.

Still, this guy seems PRIMED for it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just interested in seeing the next slate of sony games at this point whatever they are. I feel like its been a while since we got a real info dump from them
Sometime either in June, July or August I feel we may get something, unless they will wait until September and instead sprinkle smaller stuff focused on key games, indies and trailers along the way.

But yeah with R&C coming out soon we basically need to have a roadmap refresher and outline event.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Incredible pieces.

I've been following his work, as well, and I highly doubt he's working on Spidey 2. I mean, a man of his talents has to be working on a brand-new IP of a similar scale as the one shown here, don't you think? I genuinely thought Insomniac could be going the Resistance reboot way, but lately... I dunno'.

Still, this guy seems PRIMED for it.

It would be a dream come true but I'm not getting my hopes up lol

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I wonder if they ever did reboot Alundra if said art style you posted would work well with it.

I feel that it would. Idk if the BP engine would work with that art style though. Maybe it can be a mesh of cell shaded and the DS remake realistic look? At least for the environment.
Maybe. Let's not forget that the Bluepoint was also used for PSASBR. So I think it could work with any artstyle. Some adjustment or updates might need to be made for more cartoony or BotW-esque Shaders, but I think it would be feasible. Here's an example of how the engine handles post-process filters:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Textures got a significant upgrade.

This makes me think of that thread where someone was asking if Sony made the right decision focusing on the SSD. While we're going to see more and more devs design their games entirely around it which is going to open up new possibilities, even now things like this show why it was the right decision. I also watched DF's RE8 comparison after beating the game one thing that stuck out to me is that every other version of the game has a prompt to enter the game after it loads, except for the PS5. That's because it loads the game in just 1.5s, so there's no reason for a prompt. You press X and the screen goes black and then you're in. Once you experience stuff like that it's really tough to go back to anything else.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe. Let's not forget that the Bluepoint was also used for PSASBR. So I think it could work with any artstyle. Some adjustment or updates might need to be made for more cartoony or BotW-esque Shaders, but I think it would be feasible. Here's an example of how the engine handles post-process filters:

Never knew the Vita version of PSABR was using the BP engine. Yeah maybe it can do other types of art styles if BP took a crack at it.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i would like to see naughty dog do something non-cinematic/serious again. but that's not looking very likely these days

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Dear lord I'd love a fantasy game by Naughty Dog. It kills me to think of them spending so much time and resources on a multiplayer game.

I have no issues with a multiplayer mode for Last of Us that expanded into a whole game. Factions in the original TLOU was insanely good.

I just hope future projects from ND drop the confinement of realism. I would love to see what they could do in a fantasy world or any other world where there are far less constraints.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm honestly expecting Sony to contract Sly out to an external studio the same way they had Sumo work on Sackboy. Same with a Twisted Metal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.