• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
An unexpected silver lining, yeah. 😅
Yeah lol.

Hm. Possibly, but only because from what we know about Insomniac is that they don't really have "teams" for each game, so he'll probably have a hand in pretty much any projects they're working on.

However, his background involves a lot of superhero stuff, so Spider-Man would definitely be the first thing that comes into my mind.

edit: Just saw he worked on Megas XLR. I miss that show.

Damn another really nice get for Insomniac.

Also yeah, Megas XLR was great, will always remember that OP too lol.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
It's not something new, but what an idiot in harassing someone because of a cross-gen game. 🤦

Anyway, not related to a football club.
An Ultra-Fluid-Pure-Combat-Experience. 1 year Development / Voice Acted / Epic Boss Fights / Enemy Variety / Hidden Secrets / NPCs / 5+ Hours Average.
indreams.me

Glory Arsenal (Full Game - Souls Like)

Dive in an Ultra-Fluid-Pure-Combat-Experience. Master your weapons and techniques to overcome fierce enemies in this original Action-RPG. 1 year Development / Voice Acted / Epic Boss Fights / Enemy Variety / Hidden Secrets / NPCs / 5+ Hours Average

Fan made Dreams ad.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Man this is why I hate when there is remotely any negative news on the state of a game etc, people just go so overboard. I'm never this angry or upset over anything when I see people reach to go as far as wishing someone to be sexually assaulted its fucking ridiculous. We need way better laws for cyber harassment.

I have a Friend right now that has an ex boyfriend that just continually makes fake accounts, but doesn't directly threaten her but the accounts are blatantly him trying to follow her accounts etc and she runs businesses and stuff so she's like her account public. It's so ridiculous.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
I know this is bait and I'm not supposed to react, but, in order of release:
- Astro's Playroom
- Demon's Souls
- Destruction All Stars
- Returnal
- Ratchet & Clank
You misunderstand the question. I'm asking what game from the first party (PlayStation Studios) is PS5 exclusive after Ratchet & Clank releases.

Don't be so sensitive. Just because a question is uncomfortable to answer does not mean it is bait.

Oct 25, 2017
You misunderstand the question. I'm asking what game from the first party (PlayStation Studios) is PS5 exclusive after Ratchet & Clank releases.

Don't be so sensitive. Just because a question is uncomfortable to answer does not mean it is bait.

There isn't one.

Presumably this is why Sony will/should hold an event as the rest of their line up post R&C is largely under wraps.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020

Oh, I get what you're asking now. Was multiple ways to read it. And the way it reads naturally in my dialect definitely comes across as bait, so don't be so sensitive.

Future first party exclusives we have no way of knowing until Sony's next show. Exact same situation we were in during June last year before we knew about Astro's, Demon's Souls, Destruction All Stars, Returnal, and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. Considering we've only seen announcements for three games out of 25, god knows what's coming out.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Currently there isn't one. A lot of what Sony 1st party is making is unknown now. We know about God of War, Horizon, and GT7, but that's it.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

What other 1st party games after R&C are we in the know right now ?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I can assume Sucker Punch is making a Ghost of Tsushima sequel, but that's not 100%.

Naughty Dog: Last of Us 3, Uncharted 5, new IP?

Insomniac is most likely working on Spider-man 2, but there could be something else as well.

Bend is a new IP but no details on it.

Media Molecule is supporting Dreams, but what's after?

PixelOpus is also making a new game with Sony Pictures, but no details yet.

Not first party, but who knows what Bluepoint is doing.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I bet team Asobi has a pancake Astro Bot being worked on as well as a PSVR2 game that I expect to blow everyones socks off.

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal
So that leaves us with what in regards to next-gen 1st party stuff? What the next big thing? Spider-Man 2, if that comes out in the next 2-2.5 years?

There's the 2nd/3rd party stuff for now, at least.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
1*vg4JPlGg1jx1IHh1AOByBw.jpeg

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I see no reason to believe the remake of TLOU1 isn't cross gen, I imagine it'll just be the first game using the graphics/gameplay systems from the sequel. Then again I also see no reason for a remake of the first Last of Us to exist so I dont really care what that game does, I'd have preferred a brand new game over a remake.

I'm more interested to see what Spidey 2 does. That doesn't need to be announced to know its in production, its probably a good two years away from release so one would think that is more likely to be a PS5 exclusive game, but you never know... (again, not really bothered what platforms it launches on, as long as it rocks I'll be happy)

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
So that leaves us with what in regards to next-gen 1st party stuff? What the next big thing? Spider-Man 2, if that comes out in the next 2-2.5 years?

Eh, there could be a bunch of next gen only stuff being worked on at the moment we don't know about. Not every game has long ass dev cycles. There could be a bunch of astro, R&C, Returnal type games in the pipeline that are ps5 only coming out.

Just wait and see

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Why can't Sony just do the event in the same timeframe as others...they just have to act so special and cool 🙄

/j just in case someone takes it as whining lol

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

Yeah, finding out more people will now be able to play GT7 and the next GoW was bad for me for sure.

/s

Now seriously, the week was great. Team Asobi was officially unveiled with a new logo and we now know Sony are betting hard on them.
PixelOpus broke their silence and we now know they are working on a new game with Sony Pictures Animation and will run on Unreal 5. Whatever it is, it'll be amazing.

Basically the 2 studios everyone was worried about, we now know they are well and alive.

A lot more info on Horizon Forbidden West as well and all of it sounds amazing.

This was a good week for me at least.

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, there could be a bunch of next gen only stuff being worked on at the moment we don't know about. Not every game has long ass dev cycles. There could be a bunch of astro, R&C, Returnal type games in the pipeline that are ps5 only coming out.

Just wait and see

Of the 25 PSS games currently in development, I would assume the half they indicated that are new IPs will be true next gen exclusives. It's with the sequels for multi million sellers where early on you don't wanna lose those buyers that weren't able to transition to next gen yet. Though TLOU Part III if it happens wil be a true next gen sequel as well since it will likely come at the end of the gen again. A Ghost of Tsushima sequel I think will come late enough into the gen as well that I don't think that will be cross gen.

The other games I think that will be cross gen are TLOU Factions (Remake is harder to predict but I think would be cross gen as well so they could package a Part I and II) and if Spider-Man really can somehow hit 2022, no way it isn't cross gen. Bend I think is definitely going to be next gen only and in a sense Days Gone 2 being rejected is good news for those who want a true next gen experience.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020

If I had to hazard a guess for release/reveals in 2022/2023:

- London Studios (assuming their project isn't just PSVR2 focused)
- Bend's next game
- Spider-Man 2
- Something else small from Insomniac
- Something from Mm
- Asobi (same caveats as London Studios)
- PixelOpus

And then whatever non-subsidiary games they've contracted out which will be impossible to guess outside of:
- Firewalk
- Arrowhead
- Haven

Last edited:

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This drama about crossgen games sure shows how selfish some people are.

No doubt. I get that people are disappointed but the sheer level of outrage is absurd, even on Era. These games will still be great and a huge improvement over their predecessors if Horizon FW is anything to go by. Not just from a technical perspective either.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Yeah, finding out more people will now be able to play GT7 and the next GoW was bad for me for sure.

/s

Now seriously, the week was great. Team Asobi was officially unveiled with a new logo and we now know Sony are betting hard on them.
PixelOpus broke their silence and we now know they are working on a new game with Sony Pictures Animation and will run on Unreal 5. Whatever it is, it'll be amazing.

Basically the 2 studios everyone was worried about, we now know they are well and alive.

A lot more info on Horizon Forbidden West as well and all of it sounds amazing.

This was a good week for me at least.

And confirmation that bend is well into production on its new IP

mercuralia

Sep 30, 2020
Portugal

Just wait and see

Spider-Man 2 should, in theory, come sooner than another R&C title (unless they make a Rivet game a la Miles Morales, which I would be down for). A new Astro coming soon would be cool, but hopefully not VR only.

If I had to hazard a guess for release/reveals in 2022/2023:

- London Studios (assuming their project isn't just PSVR2 focused)
- Bend's next game
- Spider-Man 2
- Something else small from Insomniac
- Something from Mm
- Asobi(same caveats as London Studios)
- PixelOpus

And then whatever non-subsidiary games they've contracted out which will be impossible to guess outside of:
- Firewalk
- Arrowhead
- Haven

If London Studio or Bend can put out their new IPs by 2023, that would certainly be and impressive turnaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.