• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what the have in store for Outer Wilds and the Echoes of the Eye DLC. I hope for a native new gen version at the same time :)
But overall, anything they have in store. Annapurna is my favorite publisher. I am sad MS and Playstation are battling for launch console exclusives for their games.

Looking forward to the showcase. Most excited for stray news but after hearing so much praise about outer wilds i'm curious what they'll show about that at the event too. Then there's 12 minutes and even more games that are upcoming from the studio.

This is awesome but meanwhile PS5 would like to have something similar soon! 🤞🌈

I hope themes come to PS5 eventually. Sony makes such great ones. My favorites are the womens day themes they'd released over the years.

and the video behind them

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looking forward to the showcase. Most excited for stray news but after hearing so much praise about outer wilds i'm curious what they'll show about that at the event too. Then there's 12 minutes and even more games that are upcoming from the studio.

I hope themes come to PS5 eventually. Sony makes such great ones. My favorites are the womens day themes they'd released over the years.

and the video behind them

Second one is just incredible... I would not change that one if it ever came to PS5. We'll see. My PS4 is mostly Netflix machine for parents these days but I'll send them the links and suggestions, now it's mostly blu-bland and parent-like lol, thank you. 🙏

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
What about Order 1886 slander though ? :P
tenor.gif

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Pitch for the post dlc or a pitch for the game we got "Thieves in Time"?

I remember Sanzaru had a plan where they were going to continue the story through a dlc but it never got green light by Sony.
It's for Thieves in Time but it has a lot of stuff that didn't make it into the final game. It apparently started as an NGP (Vita) pitch. There were also plans for co-op DLC missions(!). I'm not linking it because it feels illegal or something haha, but it's been posted on the Sly subreddit.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
No its for Annapurnas own conference. If anything the fact that there are two PlayStation titles on it probably leads me to believe the opposite
www.eurogamer.net

Annapurna Interactive will hold its first ever showcase next month

Everyone's doing a Nintendo Direct these days, and now top indie publisher Annapurna Interactive is no different. The f…

Oh, I didn't read the conference bit. Interesting nonetheless.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I wouldn't want to play as Abby, Abe, Ash, Buzz, Fat Princess, Fetch, GT Driver, Jin Sakai, Kutaro, Dimitrescu, May, Morgana, Pyramid Head, Raven, Sackboy, Selene, Sora, Sweet Tooth, Lamb, Vex, or Zeus.
Well, it's good there are other choices for you then! Also, how isn't Sora or Kutaro going to be the best brawler based characters ever? I'ma just have to use them and whoop yo' ass when the game launches ;) (I'm only joking <3)

1401ccf1d32780fb4bab3a8d78fb4ef4.gif

789733575581761546.png

The image you made looks great though! You put in a ton of great work and it shows!
Sooorrryyy :P Galahad will have to be Sony's waluigi or whatever xD

And thank you for the nice comments <3

GT Driver would have to be an S tier character. Just randomly super OP for no reason.
Yeah, him and Buzz, the two best characters in the entire game. I'd absolutely love GT Driver to have an absolute whack moveset, I have so many ideas on how to do GT Driver justice lol

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I don't know who but that person clearly didn't know the length XD

Is it a KH marathon you are doing? :)

Yeah, it's my first time playing these games.

KIngdom Hearts 358/2 days is the next on my list. But I'm gonna play R&C: Rift Apart and Returnal first, before jumping back into my Kingdom Hearts marathon.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many multiplayer games Sony is working on now? Just saw about the job postings for online related work for Haven and Bend Lol. Many of these aren't confirmed, but going by job postings, employee resumes, etc., we could be looking at:

Firewalk, Deviation, Haven, Guerilla Games, Naughty Dog, and maybe Bend all doing multiplayer projects right now...

Hopefully Santa Monica's new IP is single player at least lol (maybe even a WRPG!? A man can dream). And hopefully at least some of those games have a really strong single player as well, that doesn't require online functionality at all. I imagine Haven and Bend's games at least won't be straightforward multiplayer affairs, and rather some other online functionality/co-op, but we'll see.

Really, really hope they have more single player stuff in the works beyond the expected sequels. They're one of the only publishers who still puts out complete single player games of that quality. Selfishly, I really wish they had just doubled down on investing in those kinds of games and greatly increased the quantity of them, rather than throwing a bunch of (much more likely to flop) multiplayer projects at the wall and hope one of them sticks.

In general, I feel like they really do need an event soon lol. Feels weird to only have Horizon and God of War to look forward to from Sony now for the next couple years. And God of War still hasn't shown anything. I haven't been this uninterested in their announced slate of games since the beginning of the PS4.

It is what it is though. They released a ton of stuff over the last 18 months, and we all know COVID has affected a lot, so a bit of a dry spell is reasonable.

Still going to operate under the pessimistic assumption that they just aren't doing an event this year at all, so I can be pleasently surprised if they do have one.

maybe they're expanding all their studios to handle 2 projects each. lol
Several of their studios have explicitly stated that they do not want two teams though.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Lots of my casual gamer friends are getting antsy about their ps5 purchase. Xbox is doing insane lip service and it would help if Sony announced their future lineup. Amongst casual consumers there isn't much to play, especially in the way of multiplayer experiences.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020

KIngdom Hearts 358/2 days is the next on my list. But I'm gonna play R&C: Rift Apart and Returnal first, before jumping back into my Kingdom Hearts marathon.
I hope you are liking the KH journey so far! :D

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
Really, really hope they have more single player stuff in the works beyond the expected sequels. They're one of the only publishers who still puts out complete single player games of that quality. Selfishly, I really wish they had just doubled down on investing in those kinds of games and greatly increased the quantity of them, rather than throwing a bunch of (much more likely to flop) multiplayer projects at the wall and hope one of them sticks.

I hope so too! Sony Single player games are my bread and butter, and there are large chunks of time when I can't find a quality game to play. I am a fairly casual gamer and I can easily consume twice the output Sony's been doing.

Come on Sony, ignore the press, get us more blockbuster single player games!

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of my casual gamer friends are getting antsy about their ps5 purchase. Xbox is doing insane lip service and it would help if Sony announced their future lineup. Amongst casual consumers there isn't much to play, especially in the way of multiplayer experiences.
This is the group of people I wouldn't recommend to get next gen console in its first few years.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Invite them to this thread. Sounds like they'd fit right in. 😉

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Well, great singleplayer and multiplayer are not mutually exclusives. In fact, most of Sony first-party have a multiplayer component. Demon's Souls has multiplayer, Ghost of Tsushima has multiplayer, Death Stranding has some sort of multiplayer. Would you want Sony to stop investing in those kind of games ?

The issue lies in purely multiplayer-focused games, which Sony is a terrible publisher. I don't get how they could put out something like Destruction All-Stars and think that it is worth 80€ and a prime spot on all Sony's events prior launch. A quick look at any fan community shows what people actually want ; a Factions games built on the great fundations of the mode in TLOU, and a cross-over fighting game, preferably done by an experienced Japanese studio.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, great singleplayer and multiplayer are not mutually exclusives. In fact, most of Sony first-party have a multiplayer component. Demon's Souls has multiplayer, Ghost of Tsushima has multiplayer, Death Stranding has some sort of multiplayer. Would you want Sony to stop investing in those kind of games ?

The issue lies in purely multiplayer-focused games, which Sony is a terrible publisher. I don't get how they could put out something like Destruction All-Stars and think that it is worth 80€ and a prime spot on all Sony's events prior launch. A quick look at any fan community shows what people actually want ; a Factions games built on the great fundations of the mode in TLOU, and a cross-over fighting game, preferably done by an experienced Japanese studio.

The absolutely should NOT be looking at fan dreamlists for upcoming game ideas.

DAS may not have been that great but I'm glad they showed it off. The concept was there. Just didn't have much and it was free.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if you had PS5 day one, there is nothing to play. I have like 15+ games backlog for when I get PS5.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
User Banned (1 Week and Threadbanned For the Remainder of the Thread): Antagonizing Another User; Prior Bans for the Same
I hope Sony announces an event so NotDreamSurf51, Dre@mSurf and Dream$$$urf don't regret their PS5 purchase and change it for an Xbox.
And even if they do, hey, cool for them, you do whatever makes you happier.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so too! Sony Single player games are my bread and butter, and there are large chunks of time when I can't find a quality game to play. I am a fairly casual gamer and I can easily consume twice the output Sony's been doing.

Come on Sony, ignore the press, get us more blockbuster single player games!
Yeah. I do love the smaller games as well, and I hope Sony keeps delivering those (stuff like PixelOpus, a lot of Japan Studios scale of projects, indies, maybe a full game from Media Molecule, more Sackboy from Sumo, etc.), but I don't think we're close to a market saturation point for the big blockbusters like Horizon, TLOU, etc. They can/should/probably will deliver more of that kind of game. Maybe just not as much as I'd like lol.

Yeah, this is very true and why I'm hoping some of those have a solid, completely single player campaign. I didn't mind the existence of multiplayer in Uncharted 2-4, Resistance 3, Ghost of Tsushima, etc. because it didn't really detract anything from the amazing solo experiences.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
What trend? Both devs made alot of mutiplayer before.
Yeah, I love me some Sony SP but it's not like they're brute-forcing MP onto teams that aren't familiar with it
The original pitch for Sly 4 just leaked and my anger at the lack of a new Sly game has renewed.
Ugh yeah, I always try to avoid behind the scenes stuff like this… always super fascinating but it just leads to pain every time 🙃

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if you had PS5 day one, there is nothing to play. I have like 15+ games backlog for when I get PS5.

Yep, that's me. Sony's output was great, but third parties got hit hard with COVID this year and it's made this year pretty slow as a result overall.

But my Series X with GP arrives soon, so HFW, MS stuff, and GP, I'm set for the rest of the year (at least).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt much to play... are you in some dream land... there's plenty to play, the only people who say there's nothing to play are those who dont dare try anything other than the same franchises they probably buy yearly (COD/FIFA etc.)
Xbox has even less to actually play, unless your going to claim Gamepass magically fixes that, because if years old BC games and ports of games that have been on PS for years then... good news, BC exists for PS4.

People could do with expanding their horizons, there's some great sales on PS games at the moment, so maybe they should try something. Who knows, maybe they'll find something new to play.

And on another note, right now I'm juggling Ratchet, Returnal, Resident Evil 8, Judge Eyes Remaster. All of the above were released between late April and a couple of weeks back... and that's not counting BC releases and replays of stuff like Spidey I need to go back to for trophies. Seriously... tell me how there's nothing to play on Playstation right now?

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017

I'm planning on starting Kingdom Hearts III soon, I have only played II back when it came out and really enjoyed it. I know it's crazy and I'll be lost but whatever lol cause playing all the other games is absolutely not an option.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
When I look at the Preorder section of the PS Store there's just so much coming that I'm interested in that I actually feel like I may spend too much on games this year. Neo TWEWY, Hades and Lost Judgment I'm buying for sure, then you have Great Ace Attorney and Tales of Arise that I may be getting and after that it's Battlefield 2042 which is probably my most anticipated game though the PS5 tax is difficult to swallow.

Another game I'm expecting is the Cyberpunk next-gen version. I actually have a physical copy of CP2077 for PS4 but I didn't play it trhough BC yet because I'm waiting for CDPR to announce something.

Oct 30, 2017
This is the group of people I wouldn't recommend to get next gen console in its first few years.
I honestly don't think most people are cut out for owning a console in the first year or so.

Limited game selections, limited features, higher prices, and hardware issues galore. The PS5 already has lots of early support and we know they are beefing up their first party output and their 2nd party projects. Some timed exclusives, too.

Things will be fine.

Banned
Jun 12, 2021
Honestly even though i only been on era for a short while, Era is way better than twitter. Y'all are so much peaceful than other threads :)!

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think most people are cut out for owning a console in the first year or so.

Limited game selections, limited features, higher prices, and hardware issues galore. The PS5 already has lots of early support and we know they are beefing up their first party output and their 2nd party projects. Some timed exclusives, too.

Things will be fine.

But even the launch of the PS5 shows that the game selection part at the very least isn't true. So IDK how anyone can get "antsy" which is that the other poster is talking about. Why would they go to Xbox now when they have even less?

But yea most casual gamers aren't rushing to buy a new console and those gamers are still playing Destiny, COD, R6: siege, Fortnite, Fall guys, among us.

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly even though i only been on era for a short while, Era is way better than twitter. Y'all are so much peaceful than other threads :)!
Twitter is an absolute cess pool is console wars and the worst kinds of whining.

Sony will make a post touting about a game's accessibility features and it will just be shitposting about the dumbest stuff lol

Oct 30, 2017
But even the launch of the PS5 shows that the game selection part at the very least isn't true. So IDK how anyone can get "antsy" which is that the other poster is talking about. Why would they go to Xbox now when they have even less?

But yea most casual gamers aren't rushing to buy a new console and those gamers are still playing Destiny, COD, R6: siege, Fortnite, Fall guys, among us.
Yeah I hear you.

Microsoft does have a lot of announced projects. Even if they are well over a year away. Sony and Nintendo tend to keep their projects closer to their chest. Maybe that's part of it.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh. Unless you need a constant stream of games to play at every waking moment of the day I don't see how anyone is antsy lol.

I don't understand how people run out of games honestly. I am single with a lot more time on my hands than the average ~30 year old and I never run out of games to play. Granted I do spend a good chunk of time with my retro collection I still have a hard enough time keeping up on new releases that I want to. Unless you are a single console owner with very narrow tastes and you don't replay games, I don't understand how anyone could be antsy with gaming.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't got a PS5 yet and given my current situation it probably won't be likely for another year or so (Not related to stock issues, just more practical things like looking for a better place to live comes first).

I know that by the time I do we'll hear about new games, plus the other announced titles like God Of War, GT7 and Horizon will certainly be out by then. I have previously mentioned my massive catalog of games I plan to play on PS5 (I could play them on PS4, but I want the best experience possible) so it's not like there's a lack of content for me.

PS5's already got a very strong start with exclusives and cross platform titles, it'll be exciting to see what comes next. :)

I know Resetera has a reputation (Rightfully so) of sometimes being overzealous and getting into silly arguments in threads, plus circular arguments when it comes to the whole 'console wars' or what counts as AAA and what doesn't. But you're certainly right! There's flaws and things are certainly far from the perfect forum but it'll be a community effort and at least there's lots of people on here who make the effort.

I still remember my time on other message boards like GameFAQS, Gamespot and IGN. Oh boy, now that was something in the 2006-2009 times. If people think Sony is "doomed" now, they should go back to some threads at the time on there, hot damn! The only other board that I think is well moderated, at least in my experience, is Something Awful, but that forum was super harsh at times lol. Made me afraid to post on there so I let my subscription lapse. :)

Anyway, that's a bit off topic so back on topic.

Jin Sakai must be some kind of olympic level athlete to run all over Tsushima and still have the energy to fight Mongol soldiers and Ronin.

Banned
Jun 12, 2021
I haven't got a PS5 yet and given my current situation it probably won't be likely for another year or so (Not related to stock issues, just more practical things like looking for a better place to live comes first).

I know that by the time I do we'll hear about new games, plus the other announced titles like God Of War, GT7 and Horizon will certainly be out by then. I have previously mentioned my massive catalog of games I plan to play on PS5 (I could play them on PS4, but I want the best experience possible) so it's not like there's a lack of content for me.

PS5's already got a very strong start with exclusives and cross platform titles, it'll be exciting to see what comes next. :)

I know Resetera has a reputation (Rightfully so) of sometimes being overzealous and getting into silly arguments in threads, plus circular arguments when it comes to the whole 'console wars' or what counts as AAA and what doesn't. But you're certainly right! There's flaws and things are certainly far from the perfect forum but it'll be a community effort and at least there's lots of people on here who make the effort.

I still remember my time on other message boards like GameFAQS, Gamespot and IGN. Oh boy, now that was something in the 2006-2009 times. If people think Sony is "doomed" now, they should go back to some threads at the time on there, hot damn! The only other board that I think is well moderated, at least in my experience, is Something Awful, but that forum was super harsh at times lol. Made me afraid to post on there so I let my subscription lapse. :)

Anyway, that's a bit off topic so back on topic.

Jin Sakai must be some kind of olympic level athlete to run all over Tsushima and still have the energy to fight Mongol soldiers and Ronin.
Twitter can just as bad or worse lol

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I hear you.

Microsoft does have a lot of announced projects. Even if they are well over a year away. Sony and Nintendo tend to keep their projects closer to their chest. Maybe that's part of it.
The big different here Sony announced and released several games already and have being since 2020. They not keep anything close to their chest they just release the games and need time to you know make more.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how people run out of games honestly. I am single with a lot more time on my hands than the average ~30 year old and I never run out of games to play. Granted I do spend a good chunk of time with my retro collection I still have a hard enough time keeping up on new releases that I want to. Unless you are a single console owner with very narrow tastes and you don't replay games, I don't understand how anyone could be antsy with gaming.
I'm jealous of people having time to play games tbh. By the time I get home from work, I feel so tired and could play for like 2-3hr at best. Y7 took me almost 3 months and Miles took me 1 month… So I always have a backlog of games LOL

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that even when I have time to play games I struggle to play for longer than maybe 2-3 hours without wanting/needing a break. I have to be VERY into something to go longer than that.

It isn't a knock on the quality of a video game (I just won't play it at all lol) I just find longer sessions a lot more tiring than I used to. Getting older blows.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Job Application for HR Generalist at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation (greenhouse.io)
Sucker Punch is seeking an HR Generalist to join our administrative support staff. We are looking for a passionate person who really cares about the people within the organization, as much as they care for the organization itself. The HR representative will be responsible for all HR procedures including onboarding, benefits, administration, terminations, etc .This person will also handle all of our event planning, corporate employee travel and coordination, and all employee engagement activities. We are looking for someone with a "can do, will do" attitude, who is willing to get their hands dirty when necessary. This person will ensure that internal processes of the studio run smoothly, and overcome obstacles as they arise.

Oct 25, 2017

It's pretty easy to run out of games:

- Half the JRPGs I buy due to forum recommendations I end up chucking after an hour or two because of insane amounts of sexism, or because they actually just suck
- Quality indies are great, but usually never lengthy
- Sony single-player titles are very focused experiences, but again, not lengthy

That usually leaves you with multiplats and MP games, which aren't that plentiful if you don't care for certain genres (E. G sports).

PS5 BC is limited to 4, so not like there's a deep well of PS1-2-3 titles to pull from. Like you, I actually do spend a lot of time with Retro games through emulation as a result because quality titles are hard to come by, especially if you like some genres like JRPGs whose quality games are firmly back in the SNES/PS1/2 era.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
www.eurogamer.net

Annapurna Interactive will hold its first ever showcase next month

Everyone's doing a Nintendo Direct these days, and now top indie publisher Annapurna Interactive is no different. The f…

Isn't this like, the biggest hint to a SoP so far?

It's pretty much like what Nolifebr says, Annapurna has a lot of stuff to show so they want to hold their own event. Shouldn't impact Sony's event as far as a date goes.

Second one is just incredible... I would not change that one if it ever came to PS5. We'll see. My PS4 is mostly Netflix machine for parents these days but I'll send them the links and suggestions, now it's mostly blu-bland and parent-like lol, thank you. 🙏

It really is. I love it. Was my theme for a long time on PS4. Hopefully one of the features with this new ps5 update beta is themes.
you're welcome!

Sooorrryyy :P Galahad will have to be Sony's waluigi or whatever xD

And thank you for the nice comments <3

Waluigi's never gotten a game of his own and likely never will, that just means Galahad's even more cursed to obscurity

789733575581761546.png

You're welcome!

Damn.... Knack >>> The Order 1886? I choose the CHAOS mode *I love Order 1886, i just love to tease* :P

tenor.gif

Personally, the only thing that pushes me is.. the wind

Status
Not open for further replies.